PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed...Cuero/Hutto game site & time

yoemanfan98
12-04-2005, 06:56 PM
From the Hutto ISD website...

Hippos take the Region III championship; next stop....state semis

Saturday, December 3, 2005

The Hutto Hippos took the Class 3A Region III championship for the first time in school history by defeating the Cameron Yoe Yoeman by a score of 35-14 at the RRISD Athletic Complex. The Hippos trailed at the end of the first quarter, 6-0, but quickly turned the tide in the second quarter. Touchdown runs by Jerrick Gauthier (1 yd) and Jeremy Kerley (1 yd) combined with a touchdown pass from Kerley to Ryan Dominguez (18 yd) gave the Hippos a 21-6 lead at the break.

The Yoeman attempted to come back in the third quarter with a touchdown and two point conversion which cut the score to 21-14; however, a tough Hippo defense coupled with two more TD runs by Gauthier (3 yd) and Kerley (30 yd) preserved the Hippo win and Region III championship. The Hippo defense forced three turnovers and held the Cameron offense to 247 yards.

The Hippos will now play the Cuero Gobblers in the Class 3A Division II state semi-finals. The state semi-final game will be played on Saturday, December 10th, at San Antonio's Farris Stadium (click here for directions to the stadium). Game time is set for 7 PM.

Go Hippos!

44INAROW
12-04-2005, 07:47 PM
total Est. Distance from Cuero to Farris Stadium : 107.40 miles

total Est. Distance from Hutto to Farris Stadium: 111.78 miles

Pretty much equal distance for both teams...... hopefully being on Saturday, the traffic on 1604 won't be quite as bad. For the folks in Hutto not familiar with 1604 - Rolling Oaks Mall is on the right hand side when you're traveling West and a SuperWalMart on the left side a little ways further down the road.

Bandera YaYa
12-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Pretty much equal distance for both teams...... hopefully being on Saturday, the traffic on 1604 won't be quite as bad. For the folks in Hutto not familiar with 1604 - Rolling Oaks Mall is on the right hand side when you're traveling West and a SuperWalMart on the left side a little ways further down the road. Farris stadium is way past Rollings Oaks Mall....just so they know...

44INAROW
12-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Farris stadium is way past Rollings Oaks Mall....just so they know...

I know,, I just thought if they went early enough, someone might wanna go shopping

by the way... you going to get to make the game? I hope so :)

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2005, 07:55 PM
where is this stadium at i wanna go to this game

mwynn05
12-04-2005, 07:56 PM
North San Antonio

Bandera YaYa
12-04-2005, 07:58 PM
I know,, I just thought if they went early enough, someone might wanna go shopping

by the way... you going to get to make the game? I hope so :) oh i see....yeah...good idea....but for a real shopping experience, they should check out the new Shops at LaCantera....nice....and on the right off 1604, just before the Farris (Ferris?) stadium......much nicer than Rolling Oaks........anyways.....not sure what my plans are for this Saturday......but if i go, i'd love to meet ya!

44INAROW
12-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
where is this stadium at i wanna go to this game

8400 N Loop 1604 W

on 1604 - exit toward FM-1560 / KYLE SEALE PKWY / HAUSMAN RD

Total Est. Distance: 41.52 miles

Bandera YaYa
12-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
where is this stadium at i wanna go to this game Boosty, this is the stadium off 1604, right before UTSA....on the same side of the road. If you are coming up from Hondo on 1604, it's the exit right past Bandera Road (Hausman Rd exit). I bet you have seen it.

CHS_CG
12-04-2005, 08:26 PM
I am trying REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to go to this game.. i doubt my mom will go and she is kinda hesitent to let me drive to SA by myself lol esp. after dark and at 11.. mothers!:rolleyes: lol if anybody can PM HornetMom and sweet talk her for me.. i would really be greatful!

GO MEAN GREEN!

KingRob
12-06-2005, 06:26 AM
CHS_CG, this is what ya gotta do. Tell mom you would really like to spend some one on one time with her, because life is just running by both of y'all. A couple of hours drive to SA, do a little shopping at LaCantera, maybe some good mescan food. Buy her a nice gift (giftwrapped, and ready for the Christmas tree), then on to the Stadium to watch Cuero win...

On the way home, you get more one on one time talking about how good Cuero is and how maybe, just maybe, she'll drive with you to the State Championship game!!

Good Luck!:D

cdlvj
12-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Boosty, this is the stadium off 1604, right before UTSA....on the same side of the road. If you are coming up from Hondo on 1604, it's the exit right past Bandera Road (Hausman Rd exit). I bet you have seen it.

Note: it is a ways from UTSA, which is by the 1604/I10 interchange. Going W on 1604, it might be best to exit Babcock road, go South, then west on Hausman Road.

Bandera YaYa
12-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Note: it is a ways from UTSA, which is by the 1604/I10 interchange. Going W on 1604, it might be best to exit Babcock road, go South, then west on Hausman Road. Uhh....do you know where Hondo is??? :thinking:

gobblerfan02
12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Uhh....do you know where Hondo is??? :thinking: sic 'em yaya!

eagles_victory
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM

Pretty much equal distance for both teams...... hopefully being on Saturday, the traffic on 1604 won't be quite as bad. For the folks in Hutto not familiar with 1604 - Rolling Oaks Mall is on the right hand side when you're traveling West and a SuperWalMart on the left side a little ways further down the road.
If Cuero wins I am blaming the four extra miles Hutto had to travel. jk :D

Bandera YaYa
12-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
sic 'em yaya! Ha...no, I just don't think those directions were right coming from Hondo! Don't want Boosty to miss the game cuz the directions were wrong. All's good! :D

CHS_CG
12-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
CHS_CG, this is what ya gotta do. Tell mom you would really like to spend some one on one time with her, because life is just running by both of y'all. A couple of hours drive to SA, do a little shopping at LaCantera, maybe some good mescan food. Buy her a nice gift (giftwrapped, and ready for the Christmas tree), then on to the Stadium to watch Cuero win...

On the way home, you get more one on one time talking about how good Cuero is and how maybe, just maybe, she'll drive with you to the State Championship game!!

Good Luck!:D

I have been suckin up all week and its only tuesday! lol.. I made dinner and cleaned the kitchen tonight.. helped her put the Christmas Tree and stuff up last night. lol. Keep ur fingers crossed!