PDA

View Full Version : Monahans Volleyball

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 04:17 PM
I have already made a thread relating to this but I didn't get much response so I figured I would try again. I noticed that Monohans has an excellent volleyball tradition and has made and won State many times. I noticed that Cuero's current volleyball coach came from Monohans not long after winning the state championship. Coach Carrillo is the ladies name and I was wondering if any Monohans ppl knew why she would leave Monohans which is such a powerhouse volleyball school to come to our town of Cuero, which to be honest has not yet built much volleyball tradition. I am thinking we are close but only time will tell. So, do any of you know what made her leave such a good school? just let me know.....

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Also, did she follow up a great coach in that town that actually led the team to all the winning years. These are just a few questions I have b/c I get bored on a Sunday afternoon!

Old Green
12-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by gobblergolf
I have already made a thread relating to this but I didn't get much response so I figured I would try again. I noticed that Monohans has an excellent volleyball tradition and has made and won State many times. I noticed that Cuero's current volleyball coach came from Monohans not long after winning the state championship. Coach Carrillo is the ladies name and I was wondering if any Monohans ppl knew why she would leave Monohans which is such a powerhouse volleyball school to come to our town of Cuero, which to be honest has not yet built much volleyball tradition. I am thinking we are close but only time will tell. So, do any of you know what made her leave such a good school? just let me know..... I thought she came from G-P:confused:

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I thought she came from G-P:confused:

I believe she did, but before hand she was at Monohans during their days of winning volleyball state championships. Its just hard to believe she would leave there to go to any school unless there was a very good reason!

mwynn05
12-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I believe she did, but before hand she was at Monohans during their days of winning volleyball state championships. Its just hard to believe she would leave there to go to any school unless there was a very good reason! was she an assistant at Monahans

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Idk, thats what I am trying to figure out. It was my understanding that she was the head coach during one of their state championships and left soon after. I didn't know if there was a great coach before her and she just took over an already great team and won with them or what the deal was. Basically, I am trying to figure out if she was the head coach at Monohans ever and if so, why she would leave that great team.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Idk, thats what I am trying to figure out. It was my understanding that she was the head coach during one of their state championships and left soon after. I didn't know if there was a great coach before her and she just took over an already great team and won with them or what the deal was. Basically, I am trying to figure out if she was the head coach at Monohans ever and if so, why she would leave that great team. Alright, lemme set this straight, she was not a coach at monohans, she played there many years ago (ask PhilC) I think. She also played college vball somewhere and coached at GP, she's taken three different teams in Texas to the state tournament three different years.

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Alright, lemme set this straight, she was not a coach at monohans, she played there many years ago (ask PhilC) I think. She also played college vball somewhere and coached at GP, she's taken three different teams in Texas to the state tournament three different years.

I am almost certain that she coached at Monohans. She was at Monohans before GP, and 2A Taft. Where do you get your info that she wasn't a coach there?

schu1213
12-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Duh Zim. She came to cuero to coach the famous dodge ball team.

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm pretty sure she played at Freer (excuse spelling) many years back and if I am correct she did coach at at Monohans. She took one or two teams from there to State but never Taft or GP, so I dont know where your info that she never coached at Monohans came from!

Hupernikomen
12-04-2005, 06:41 PM
What are you fishing for here? There are many reason why a coach would leave one program to go to another.

#1 More money.
#2 They have the opportunity to work with people they know.
#3 They were forced to leave.
#4 Their spouse got a new job in a new area.
#5 Private personal reasons.
#6 They didn't like the school system they were a part of...

The list could go on and on.

Is it really that important to know she left to come to Cuero?

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 07:30 PM
That dodge ball team is cold isnt it? lol. Too bad she didn't get in a few games of dodge ball with us! And as for wondering, I was just wondering cuz it just seems crazy to me for someone to leave a powerhouse 3a program and go to a 2a program as she did. If you were a coach, you wouldnt leave a top notch football team in 3a to go to a mediocre 2A school. Yes, she is back at a 3A school now but the move wasnt as logical at first. So, to me, wondering is logical!

loboes86
12-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Not to make anybody mad but it's spelled Monahans, my better second half graduated from Monahans in the mid 80,s , we still live here and either one of us have heard this coaches name. Doesn't mean anything we just haven't heard of her.;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Bellville has won State 9 times, winning #9 this year over Monahans. Bellville has a coach that has been there since the early 80's. Bellville has the most titles to date in 3A.
Coach Brewer is going for #10!!!!!