PDA

View Full Version : So if it would have been Gainesville vs. Canyon, this is what I heard

KTJ
12-04-2005, 04:07 PM
So say Canyon beat Abilene Wylie and Gainesville would have had to play Canyon. I heard that Canyon wanted Gainesville to travel up to Amarillo for the game.

But if Gainesville won the flip, the game would have been in Houston. :eek:

lostaussie
12-04-2005, 04:28 PM
you been reading the same sight i been reading:D

3afan
12-04-2005, 04:31 PM
i'm sure every team WANTS their opponent to travel to their place to play ....

NateDawg39
12-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Houston is outa the way for both teams.

Adidas410s
12-04-2005, 05:34 PM
would the UIL even allow this to happen? Could they not step in and force a neutral location?

3afan
12-04-2005, 05:37 PM
the teams follow UIL guidelines to select a site to play - its somewhere on the UIL web site

Adidas410s
12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
the teams follow UIL guidelines to select a site to play - its somewhere on the UIL web site

yeah and I know there is a clause that if the teams can't agree on an officiating chapter the UIL will step in and appoint one. I wonder if this also holds true for a playoff site.

KTJ
12-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah and I know there is a clause that if the teams can't agree on an officiating chapter the UIL will step in and appoint one. I wonder if this also holds true for a playoff site.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

When I was in junior high, Gainesville (if they made it far enough) was going to play Alpine in the state semifinals. The problem? Alpine was going to make us go all the way to their home stadium. That's at 10 hour drive--minimum.

GreenMonster
12-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

The only clause that I know of is that if teams (coaches) are unable to decide on a neutral site then they flip for home and home. Coaches have the right to refuse to play at the opposing teams Home stadium though so they flip for a "Neutral Home" site. Like for instance IP and Sweetwater. Sweetwater could have chosen Abilene as their Neutral Home and IP could have chosen Wichita Falls as their Neutral Home. Personally, I like Neutral sites.

Chris Hart
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't know the rules, but I do remember in 03 when Burnet played Sinton, we played them in Corpus Christi. That was about a 30 min. drive south for them and about 4 and a half hours south for us. The worse part was, we had to drive basically right through Sinton and then the other 30 or so miles from Sinton to Corpus. I don't know what the reasoning was behind it, but I'm assuming the coaches couldn't agree on a neutral site, and flipped a coin and we lost the flip. We won the game so it was still worth the trip.:)