Phantom Stang
12-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Sweetwater of course!!:D :clap:

smustangs
12-04-2005, 06:18 PM
go get em' stangs

sweetwater07
12-04-2005, 07:14 PM
gonna be our hardest game yet....not near as big as IP but almost as fast as us....i think we can pull it out if we play like we did against monahans!!!

LewP
12-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
gonna be our hardest game yet....not near as big as IP but almost as fast as us....i think we can pull it out if we play like we did against monahans!!!

I know everyone probably thinks about offense first, but I would like to especially congratulate the Mustang DEFENSE. They showed me something Friday in stopping the Loboes. Great job!!
I'm predicting a low scoring game this week, but the Mustangs prevail, 17-14.

http://mas.scripps.com/ABIL/2005/12/03/1203SwaterTD_e.jpg

lostaussie
12-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by LewP
i don't know who's gonna win, but i think you are on the right track as far as the score goes.

sweetwater07
12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I know everyone probably thinks about offense first, but I would like to especially congratulate the Mustang DEFENSE. They showed me something Friday in stopping the Loboes. Great job!!

http://mas.scripps.com/ABIL/2005/12/03/1203SwaterTD_e.jpg

the defense was amazing this week...shut down that "star" running back from monahans....and happened to flip a few ppl as well

LewP
12-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Shut down a few "stars" LOL

:D

http://texnews.com/documents/gfn/slideshows/gfn120205/029.jpg

Stownhorse
12-04-2005, 11:43 PM
17-14.....couldnt have said it better LewP

Whsdogs
12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Sweetwater!!!!!!!

by as many as they want to win by

LewP
12-05-2005, 09:29 AM
I hate to beat a dead (insert any mammal besides horse lol) but the Sweetwater defense is pretty good. Holding those two good running backs from Monahans in check was a great effort!

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/Sky1.jpg

S-WtrMustangFan
12-05-2005, 09:29 AM
It's going to be a tough game.If our offence sticks with their blocks we will win.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!!!

lostaussie
12-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
Sweetwater!!!!!!!

by as many as they want to win by NOT!!!!!!!!!! underestimation of your opponent will get you sent home with your feelings hurt:D

mustangsince87
12-05-2005, 10:10 AM
sweetwater by 21. i think that this game will be a test for s'water but i dont believe that tatum is as good as monahans but still good enough to defeat us if we get big headed. GO MUSTANGS SPREAD THE RED!!!!!!!

swtrainer09
12-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Sweetwater all the way!!!!
21-14

mustang68
12-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by mustangsince87
sweetwater by 21. i think that this game will be a test for s'water but i dont believe that tatum is as good as monahans but still good enough to defeat us if we get big headed. GO MUSTANGS SPREAD THE RED!!!!!!!

Sounds to me you're already there (big headed).
Tatum by all accounts is bigger, stronger, and much faster than Monahans.

zeus63
12-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I am pulling for the Mustangs but Tatum is going to take this one. It doesn't really matter tho. Whoever goes into the state finals against Cuero (and Cuero will be there), they are going to lose very badly.

sweetwater07
12-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by mustang68
Sounds to me you're already there (big headed).
Tatum by all accounts is bigger, stronger, and much faster than Monahans.

there is no way we will win by that much...idk where that kid got 21+ from but this game withbe much closer than last week...i say by 3

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
I am pulling for the Mustangs but Tatum is going to take this one. It doesn't really matter tho. Whoever goes into the state finals against Cuero (and Cuero will be there), they are going to lose very badly.

Zeus, I hear what you are saying...
But I would imagine there have been underdogs win in the past. Isn't it great teams have the opportunity to play for it?

There are millions of people predicting games every year. Some do it for a living. If teams didn't actually play the game, it would be a boring life. Just put info in the computer and award the trophy..there nice and neat.

Reminds me about last Friday. I went in to a business, and in the lobby was a crew (2) of people that were being PAID to put up a Christmas tree in their lobby. LOL

Why do all that? I thought one of the occasions that made Christmas so neat was employees, or family, getting together and putting up the tree together!!!

Let's see how the games play out. I'm not saying you are wrong...but getting to see the Mustangs in Texas Stadium???? Priceless!!

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:10 AM

Hey Zeus, good morning. How was the Tatum/Canton game. Can you give some insight on the structure of the Tatum team?

zeus63
12-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Hey Zeus, good morning. How was the Tatum/Canton game. Can you give some insight on the structure of the Tatum team?

Canton came out in the spread and had absolutely no running attack whatsoever. Tatum is an I team that likes to pound the ball. The overall offense reminded me of Snyder, but (no offense) bigger, faster, and stronger. There were 3 major "Go to" guys on their staring O, the best of which was their tailback. He is big strong and fast. I think I overheard someone saying that he was the kid that beat Skye Green in the 100m dash at the state meet last year, could be wrong though. Their defense was was awesome. They based mainly out of a split 6 but actually had mulitple fronts. Their front 4 were huge, and they could move.

zeus63
12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Zeus, I hear what you are saying...
But I would imagine there have been underdogs win in the past. Isn't it great teams have the opportunity to play for it?

There are millions of people predicting games every year. Some do it for a living. If teams didn't actually play the game, it would be a boring life. Just put info in the computer and award the trophy..there nice and neat.

Reminds me about last Friday. I went in to a business, and in the lobby was a crew (2) of people that were being PAID to put up a Christmas tree in their lobby. LOL

Why do all that? I thought one of the occasions that made Christmas so neat was employees, or family, getting together and putting up the tree together!!!

Let's see how the games play out. I'm not saying you are wrong...but getting to see the Mustangs in Texas Stadium???? Priceless!!

All of this is very true. However, this is just my prediction. I truely do hope that the Mustangs make it to the state finals, I just don't THINK they will, but HOPEFULLY they willprove me wrong.

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
cant wait til saturday. If I remember correctly is this the same zuess that was saying that we were going to get beat by monahans?

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 11:36 AM
It may have been another guy sorry zuess if I have mistaken you for someone else.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Canton came out in the spread and had absolutely no running attack whatsoever. Tatum is an I team that likes to pound the ball. The overall offense reminded me of Snyder, but (no offense) bigger, faster, and stronger. There were 3 major "Go to" guys on their staring O, the best of which was their tailback. He is big strong and fast. I think I overheard someone saying that he was the kid that beat Skye Green in the 100m dash at the state meet last year, could be wrong though. Their defense was was awesome. They based mainly out of a split 6 but actually had mulitple fronts. Their front 4 were huge, and they could move.

Hey Zeus...
Sounds like they have the corners covered in a split 6 defense. What about the middle? What about their linebackers?

zeus63
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey Zeus...
Sounds like they have the corners covered in a split 6 defense. What about the middle? What about their linebackers?

Linebackers actually resemble Sweetwater's, but with a little more size. Didn't really get to see them in action because Canton only ran the ball about 5 times the whole game. But, if you are talking about how they do in pass coverage, they pretty much had the middle shut out all night. They looked a little weak out towards the flats coming underneath the deep zone, but that's about all I could see.

zeus63
12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
It may have been another guy sorry zuess if I have mistaken you for someone else.

I never said that Monahans was going to beat Sweetwater, I was just hoping they would. All I said is that it was going to be a good game.

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 12:24 PM
I never said that Monahans was going to beat Sweetwater, I was just hoping they would. All I said is that it was going to be a good game. I know after I made that post i did some checking. It was a guy that lives in San Angelo from monahans.Sorry:D

LewP
12-05-2005, 12:30 PM
And FYI Rockdale....

I don't remember ANY Sweetwater Mustang fan saying the Mustangs were "untouchable"....you quoted 9 trillion, I haven't seen one.

zeus63
12-05-2005, 12:31 PM
And FYI Rockdale....

I don't remember ANY Sweetwater Mustang fan saying the Mustangs were "untouchable"....you quoted 9 trillion, I haven't seen one.

9 trillion? Are we talking people or the national deficit?

LewP
12-05-2005, 01:00 PM

LOL Zeus......his statement not mine.....

mustang68
12-05-2005, 01:08 PM

How many times Lew has stuck his foot in his mouth being a zealot.:doh:

LewP
12-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Apprecite the cudos 68...LOL

zeus63
12-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
How many times Lew has stuck his foot in his mouth being a zealot.:doh:

LOL!!

LewP
12-05-2005, 01:20 PM
<-----slapping my knee LOLOL

That was shore nuff funny to me too!!!lmfao!!!

etbu
12-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey LewP: I tried to respond to your thread on the other one but closed? Anyway back to your comments about the staff from Sweetwater in that it starts at the top and goes down hill. A great leader like him is what makes a program like yours so successful. Players and parents want to be around someone like him I am sure due to his nature or how humble he is. Good for him and good luck. :D Send our best along to him and his staff. :D

LewP
12-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Hey LewP: I tried to respond to your thread on the other one but closed? Anyway back to your comments about the staff from Sweetwater in that it starts at the top and goes down hill. A great leader like him is what makes a program like yours so successful. Players and parents want to be around someone like him I am sure due to his nature or how humble he is. Good for him and good luck. :D Send our best along to him and his staff. :D

Thanks ETBU......
That is a very nice post and I appreciate it.

Yes, let me just restate that Coach Jackson and his coaching staff are the best of the best. And when I say that, i mean besides the win-loss column. I have never met the man, but I've heard him speak alot. He always gives others credit andI have never heard him take any. He's a good example fo those kids.

keenoace
12-05-2005, 01:32 PM
I really dont know anything about Tatum. So I really dont know. Plan on making the game though. C you guys there.

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Hey LewP: I tried to respond to your thread on the other one but closed? Anyway back to your comments about the staff from Sweetwater in that it starts at the top and goes down hill. A great leader like him is what makes a program like yours so successful. Players and parents want to be around someone like him I am sure due to his nature or how humble he is. Good for him and good luck. :D Send our best along to him and his staff. :D thanks

lostaussie
12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
it sure is nice to have coaches that your whole town can be proud of.

etbu
12-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
it sure is nice to have coaches that your whole town can be proud of.

Let me tell you they are far and few between these days. To find a staff to stand up for what is right and draws the line you gotta love'em. In todays world of "WIN" at all cost there is so much pressure on them do not know how they cope. Anyway you gotta beleive that the GOOD LORD blesses them for it with success from time to time.

zeus63
12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
I can officially say I have Christmas blood. Bleed green out of the left arm, and for this one week (and hopefully the next) red out of the right.

zeus63
12-05-2005, 02:05 PM
sory, just need one more post. (this has nothing to with anything)

Kool Tarpon 21
12-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Will this be a good game to watch?

mustang68
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21
Will this be a good game to watch?

Should be a great game.
Defense will tell the tale at the end of the night.

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2005, 04:10 PM
All week long the local media talked
about all the similarities between
Sweetwater vs. Monahans. The same
can be said for this week. Both teams
have speed to burn. Also, Both teams
return alot of starters on defense.

WTF-82
12-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Well great job by Sweetwater last week. This week another great game for them, Tatum is the real deal but I think and hope Sweetwater will stay alive 20-19. Represent West Texas well this weekend Stangs I will be there to support yall.

Rainman
12-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Sweetwater wins in what will look like a track meet.

lostaussie
12-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Sweetwater wins in what will look like a track meet. DISAGREE. i think defense will be the tone of this game. i see a 17-14 or 21-20 something like that.

mustang04
12-05-2005, 05:11 PM
hell.....i dont think ANY game could top the defensive battle in our loss to Vernon my Sr. year in the playoffs:( 3-6 how pathetic...

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
hell.....i dont think ANY game could top the defensive battle in our loss to Vernon my Sr. year in the playoffs:( 3-6 how pathetic...
why on earth would u bring that up now im very sad

lostaussie
12-05-2005, 05:13 PM
my junior year we beat white oak for the district title 3-0

mustang04
12-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
why on earth would u bring that up now im very sad
worst football memory of my life:(

3-0 huh....i would like to watch a game where the score came out 2-0

lostaussie
12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
that was back in 80. the qb was also the kicker. we called him the "toe" :D

mustang04
12-05-2005, 05:18 PM
that was back in 80. the qb was also the kicker. we called him the "toe" :D haha...i had a nickname too...the wiener....i never got it tho:thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
haha...i had a nickname too...the wiener....i never got it tho:thinking:
no no do i need to remind u what ur real nick name was :devil:

mustang04
12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
no no do i need to remind u what ur real nick name was :devil:

which one...i swear i had more nicknames than Apollo Creed off Rocky IV:D

lostaussie
12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
i'm not gonna touch that one (no pun intended)

mustang04
12-05-2005, 05:21 PM
i'm not gonna touch that one (no pun intended) none taken!!:D

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2005, 05:21 PM
which one...i swear i had more nicknames than Apollo Creed off Rocky IV:D
lets just say it has to do with a refreshing drink on a hot summer day:D

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2005, 05:22 PM

Don't get me started on that game. The
wind was blowing a steady 40 mph. I
think that is why both coaches decided
to try to grind it out. Those "fans" in the
stands chanting "you know who" made
me sick to my stomach. That was just
plain sorry. I have all the respect in the
world for coach Jackson. But, I feel he
punished all you kids for what two did.
I think he should have run them til it hurt.
But, he shouldn't have done what he did.
That is just an outsiders perspective. I
wasn't there in the field house.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2005, 05:25 PM

Kool-Aid?:confused:

mustang04
12-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Kool-Aid?:confused: haha...nonono..WAYYY off haha

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2005, 05:47 PM
:confused: All this time I thought it had something to do with apple pie. :evilgrin: