PDA

View Full Version : Expand talks

maestro
12-03-2001, 11:36 AM
I know LaGrange and Newton are good and have been for some time now, but can we please get some talk about R1 and R2. I myself am from R3 but I have a particular interest in a R2 team(Commerce) and would like some talk on in that area. People seem to have forgotten about Commerce. State finalists 3 times in the nineties, 2 losses to Sealy and 1 victory against Sealy. Quarterfinals this year and last. What does it take to get a little respect and a little talk. I'm jealous.

Gobbla2001
12-03-2001, 11:42 AM
Commerce is good...

(hope that helps expand)

Backwoods
12-03-2001, 12:14 PM
Hope to meet Commerce down the line. Should be a good game.

(Did this help to expand?)

eye of the tiger
12-03-2001, 02:17 PM
The Tigers are playing well. Off to a slow start and relied heavy on defense. Now the offense is coming to life. tommy Wright only needs a few yards to reach 2000 for the year. That doesnt happen to much in Commerce when a single player get that many yards. The game against Winnsboro was more typical. Wright, Ryan Coffey, Antonio Burrell, Shawn Drody etal all contributed.(not trying to say they dont contribute every week) Coach Cron knows how to direct a team in the playoffs. I would say we are in good shape to win Region and then we think about moving on to the next level. And of course you know the old famous saying:

TIGERS NEVER QUIT
continuing to e x p a n d

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited December 03, 2001).]

bigbearfan
12-03-2001, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
The Tigers are playing well. Off to a slow start and relied heavy on defense. Now the offense is coming to life. tommy Wright only needs a few yards to reach 2000 for the year. That doesnt happen to much in Commerce when a single player get that many yards. The game against Winnsboro was more typical. Wright, Ryan Coffey, Antonio Burrell, Shawn Drody etal all contributed.(not trying to say they dont contribute every week) Coach Cron knows how to direct a team in the playoffs. I would say we are in good shape to win Region and then we think about moving on to the next level. And of course you know the old famous saying:

TIGERS NEVER QUIT
continuing to e x p a n d

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited December 03, 2001).]

Commerce is good, but they may be looking too far ahead too fast...they still must get past a strong Gladewater team before you try on the state crown! Should be an excellent game in Tyler on Friday night. Go BEARS!!!

eye of the tiger
12-03-2001, 05:44 PM
As a orange blooded fan Im certainly not thinking state yet. Thinking region. Hope the lads are thinking the same. And I agree it should be a good game for sure. The Bears are definately a good football team.

eye of the tiger
12-03-2001, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Backwoods:
Hope to meet Commerce down the line. Should be a good game.

(Did this help to expand?)

Sure hope we do meet Backwoods. We went to the state game in 95, 97, and 99, and hoping 01 keeps the every other year pattern going. Have to figure out a way to beat some tough Bears first and then the Kennedale/Bridgeport winner. You guys have to beat Giddings and then the La Grange/Wimberly winner. Tough road for both of us. Good luck this week

ethsfbnut
12-03-2001, 05:55 PM
eye of the tiger...agree that Tigers are much improved over the year. Third head coach in three years with different offenses have slowed them some, but are coming around now to Coach Cron`s system. Believe it`s the defense that`s really allowed them to continue through the play-offs.
Know it`s going to be one tough game Fri with Gwater.

Go TIGERS!!!!!

maestro
12-04-2001, 08:48 AM
My particular interest in Commerce football(since I am from East TX) is that I've got a brother playing in his last year there. I feel he got a bit slighted in the playoffs last year and now its his turn to be the leader. I am extremely proud of his accomplishments through some adversity. I talk to him regularly and do not believe there are looking anywhere but at Gladewater. They want to get past the point they were last year. Defense is solid hits HARD and coaching staff makes great adjustments. Offense moves the ball, takes time off the clock and scores more than last year. I only wish they would throw a little more. But why would you when your ground attack is working so well. Good luck Gladewater and I will be in Tyler at the 50 yd line about halfway up.

Husker98
12-04-2001, 09:32 AM
Commerce deserves a lot of respect. They played Forney their toughest game of the season before Forney was eliminated by Everman. Commerce has a tough game this week against Gladewater, but they should come out on top. Commerce has a great football program, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them and Newton in the state game. That would be a battle between two of the best 3A programs in the state. Both have good coaching staffs. Hope to see you Tigers in the state game. Good Luck!