PDA

View Full Version : Gobblers vs Hippos

44INAROW
12-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Only in Texas :D :D

I'll start the poll - So who's gonna come out on top in this one?

yoemanfan98
12-03-2005, 10:34 PM
When and where will this game be played you think?

44INAROW
12-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by yoemanfan98
When and where will this game be played you think?

the Victoria advocate said tentative plans for either Farris Stadium or Blossom in San Antonio.. I am sure Coach Reeve and the coach for Hutto are having a meet & greet right now :D

yoemanfan98
12-03-2005, 10:38 PM
If the game is in San Antonio, it will be at either Farris or Comalander. Alamodown is not hosting hs football this season.

44INAROW
12-03-2005, 10:59 PM
If the game is in San Antonio, it will be at either Farris or Comalander.

Both places are nice!

GO MEAN GREEN :)

hutex04
12-03-2005, 11:06 PM
cuero, what kinda offense yall run?

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 11:07 PM
i really want a Cuero vs. Sweetwater matchup for state title...so i say cuero in a close one

hutex04
12-03-2005, 11:12 PM
it will be really really tough to beat cuero, they are a great football team. I'll do some research on them later tonight. I know they killed Liberty Hill, but i dont know if there were turnovers or what to make that game so large of a win

CHS_CG
12-03-2005, 11:32 PM
I say Cuero.. even though hutto is from my district i still want hutto to win!

GO MEAN GREEN!

hutex04
12-03-2005, 11:33 PM
its alright caldwell, at least ur honest. Cuero will be the favorite and i know everyone in 193a will be behind Hutto.

shankbear
12-03-2005, 11:35 PM
My heart says Hippos, my head says Gobblers. Gobs by 14.

hutex04
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
lets just hope for a competitive and injury free game:)

District303aPastPlayer
12-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Go Gobblers :)

Gobbler Fan
12-04-2005, 12:10 AM
From a Hutto fan from another site .Rangerpimp say's---hutto will kill cuero, no questions asked.--- Just thought id get this started :D

hutex04
12-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Just some excited kids Gobbler, Hutto has never been this far. Dont get in an argument with them. They good people, let them have their fun. Go hutto! good luck to both teams and safe travels

injuredinmelee
12-04-2005, 12:28 AM
I have had Cuero as the DII Champ all year. DI if they would have went that way. I have family in Hutto but I have to stick with the Gobblers.

Gobbler Fan
12-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Hippo's versus Gobbler's ---where else but Texas :thumbsup:

gobblerfan02
12-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I have had Cuero as the DII Champ all year. DI if they would have went that way. I have family in Hutto but I have to stick with the Gobblers. I dont know about Wimberley, seem tough competition, would have been state champ calibur in the second round again! Just got home from the Hutto game, pretty decent team, but nothing that Cuero can't handle. Too much speed for the Hippos to handle, Gobblers by 21 +!

bulldog94
12-04-2005, 01:50 AM
I have seen both teams play this year. Hutto is big but is no match for the team speed that Cuero has. I will say Cuero by 17.

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I say Cuero.. even though hutto is from my district i still want hutto to win!

GO MEAN GREEN!

TRAITOR!!!!!!

eagle.eyes
12-04-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I dont know about Wimberley, seem tough competition, would have been state champ calibur in the second round again! Just got home from the Hutto game, pretty decent team, but nothing that Cuero can't handle. Too much speed for the Hippos to handle, Gobblers by 21 +!

Too much speed? WOS said the same to Wimberly!

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:07 AM
so lets talk about the game. What is Cueros weakness? and we all know everyone has some kinda weakness

44INAROW
12-04-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
lets just hope for a competitive and injury free game:)

Amen Hutto04 - sounded like a couple injuries in the game tonight.. I Hope they all got back in the game - my audio streaming kept cutting in and out so I missed most of the last half of the game :)

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:09 AM
who got hurt? people on the hutto side? I'm out of state so i just watched updates on here from the game

un b weavable
12-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i really want a Cuero vs. Sweetwater matchup for state title...so i say cuero in a close one

Good question... I it's hard to put a name on it. It's just a little bit of everything.

un b weavable
12-04-2005, 02:12 AM
so lets talk about the game. What is Cueros weakness? and we all know everyone has some kinda weakness

guns?

44INAROW
12-04-2005, 02:12 AM
who got hurt? people on the hutto side? I'm out of state so i just watched updates on here from the game

someone named Val Verde maybe? didnt' catch the other name and I am not familiar with the teams, so I apologize, I dont' know if he is Cameron or Hutto player.....

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:14 AM
sounds like cameron, aint no val verde on hutto, or at least i dont think :confused:

ILS1
12-04-2005, 02:15 AM
I believe it was 2 Cameron players. One was LB and the other was DB. The DB returned to the game but not sure about the LB. Sorry,wasn't really paying him any particular attention. Hutto came out unscathed. No major injuries to report.

:D

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:16 AM
how cuero? all the players looking good and healthy?

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 02:17 AM
I just got back from the Hutto/Yoe game. It was a good and well fought game but Cameron just didn't seem to show up like expected. Anyway, the Hutto qb is a great athelete and almost seemed to carry that team on his back. That kid has great composure in the pocket, throws a solid ball, and runs very very well. However, my personal opinion is that that won't be enough to outplay Cuero. Cuero is on a roll like I've never seen before and in my eyes, a team has to put up atleast 35 to win a game against the Gobblers. I don't think the qb will have nearly as much time in the pocket as tonight in that Cuero will be in his face constantly and after taking a few hits he may be thinking twice about running. Not taking anything away from him b/c he is a hell of a player but we well see! My prediction is 35-14 with Cuero on top, but I think the game will be more exciting than the score might show. Thats just my feeling though!

gobbler grad
12-04-2005, 02:23 AM
cuero, what kinda offense yall run?

FAST...:D

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:23 AM
You might be right, I really dont know anything abut Cuero. So may the best team win

CHS_CG
12-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
FAST...:D

its not THAT fast :rolleyes:

ok I lie its flippin fast:eek:

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:24 AM
HMMMM.... I'm thinking a Hutto 26-22 win based on some of yalls post :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2005, 02:31 AM

Dont see nobody holding Cuero under 40, so better outscore them but that be hard as there defense is there strength:(

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Nah we gonna run run run, right down the middle. Maybe a pass here and there. Dont matter about the speed, when u keep running forward. That will ware Cureo D down and help hutto score more easily. Hutto D will keep it a respectable game. In the 20s. In the end a hutto victory, 26-22

gobbler grad
12-04-2005, 02:35 AM

Were you in Round Rock tonight? Hutto will need atleast 40 points to pull off this win...

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:37 AM
gobbler, ive heard that all year. From the Marlin,Bridge city, Cameron people. Thats not gonna change my prediction. After all, its just a prediction. Maybe hutto will need 40 to win, who knows. but i stick with my prediciton and i know you will too

schu1213
12-04-2005, 02:45 AM
From what i saw in round rock hutto is a one man team. The qb is a great athlete and playmaker but if you take him out of the game what do you have? Cameron looked flat out bad, they would get blown off the field against this gobbler team. I think this game will be a very physical hard hitting game but i just dont see the hippos winning this one. But one thing i will say is that we have finally moved from practices and scrimmages to a real game. Not much of one though.

hutex04
12-04-2005, 02:56 AM
kk, so is the game fri or sat? Will yall be sure to be back on here after the game. Cause I would like a congradulations to the Hutto team :D

un b weavable
12-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Nah we gonna run run run, right down the middle. Maybe a pass here and there. Dont matter about the speed, when u keep running forward. That will ware Cureo D down and help hutto score more easily. Hutto D will keep it a respectable game. In the 20s. In the end a hutto victory, 26-22

Yeah, kinda like liberty hill did.......

hutex04
12-04-2005, 03:21 AM
yeah exactly, but we will have all our players healthy for this game. Plus, defense wont give up 40+ to cuero. I bet my left n*t on that one

schu1213
12-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Ha I wouldnt bet anything on that buddy. Hutto is nothing special.

Highschoolfan78
12-04-2005, 04:17 AM
say it aint so.. your left n*t? that's a little risky to be proposin keepin cuero under 40 the way they have been rollin. Anything can happen and Hutto has to be a good team for knocking off some great teams, but I wouldn't bet that whew..

On another note, do you think any kind of special moment of silence or memorial will be taking place for Jeremy DelaRosa, the teenager killed that lived in Hutto, but originally from Cuero? I think that would be neat and a great way to show respect to his family.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2005, 06:11 AM
yeah exactly, but we will have all our players healthy for this game. Plus, defense wont give up 40+ to cuero. I bet my left n*t on that one

I see where you are out of state. Have you even seen Hutto play this year?

Pudlugger
12-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Cuero seems to be the hands down favorite here but in the semi's there are no easy victories. This game will be decided by which team makes fewer mistakes. Last year I truly believed Cuero would win state but they didn't play their A game against a tough and determined Abilene team and lost. I believe the 2004 Gobblers were better than the 2005 team yet they didn't win the championship in the big game. [yes, I've seen both the 2004 and 2005 Gobblers play] Hutto is getting better each week, are healthy and have nothing to lose. They can come in play loose and maybe upset the Gobblers. The pressure is really on Cuero here so I'll pick Hutto in a squeaker.

bd62
12-04-2005, 08:36 AM
the biggest difference between the cuero team of 2004 and this year is that they can score a lot of points quickly this year because of there big play ability. they seem to be really prepared for there opponent and get better each week.looks like hutto is a very good team .anyone who can get thru region 3 is battle tested. this should be a good one.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2005, 09:13 AM
This week I saw two games, and in both the #1 team lost to the underdog. Bremond beat #1 Chilton 31-13 in 1a, and Brenham beat #1 LaMarque 41-31, in 4a. Once you get this far in the play-offs anything can happen. I will pick the up-set, Hutto by 10, over #1 Cuero.

maroogreen
12-04-2005, 10:10 AM
AHA! I'd been saying all week that Hutto would beat Cameron and people would turn their heads all funny, look at me, and say "You think so?" I knew so. Their momentum has grown and an unfortunate injury for one of Cameron's starters didn't hurt Hutto's chances.

That said...Cuero all the way. I'm looking forward to the match-up simply for the mascots involved. What are Hutto's colors?

Also, I think it would be nice to recognize Jeremy since he had a real connection to both teams. I loved that kid and I will miss him.

yoemanfan98
12-04-2005, 10:11 AM
From the Victoria Advocate this morning...

The Cuero Gobblers (13-0) Class 3A, Division II semifinal game against the Hutto Hippos (12-2) will be played Saturday, Dec. 10, at 7 p.m. at either Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos or Farris Stadium in San Antonio.

BIFF
12-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen
AHA! I'd been saying all week that Hutto would beat Cameron and people would turn their heads all funny, look at me, and say "You think so?" I knew so. Their momentum has grown and an unfortunate injury for one of Cameron's starters didn't hurt Hutto's chances.

That said...Cuero all the way. I'm looking forward to the match-up simply for the mascots involved. What are Hutto's colors?

Also, I think it would be nice to recognize Jeremy since he had a real connection to both teams. I loved that kid and I will miss him.

I agree, Jeremy should be remembered by both teams saturday. Hutto's colors are burnt orange and white, (Go Texas!!)

yoemanfan98
12-04-2005, 10:34 AM
In my opinion, Hutto will not be able to take out Cuero. I also feel that even if Cameron would have beaten Hutto, Cameron would not have been able to take out Cuero either. Cuero is just too good of a ball club. I see a Cuero/Tatum matchup two weeks from now in Waco or College Station.

ILS1
12-04-2005, 10:38 AM
From the Victoria Advocate this morning...

The Cuero Gobblers (13-0) Class 3A, Division II semifinal game against the Hutto Hippos (12-2) will be played Saturday, Dec. 10, at 7 p.m. at either Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos or Farris Stadium in San Antonio.

The Bobcats (11-2) will play host to Northern Iowa in a semifinal matchup at 7 p.m. Friday in San Marcos. Now that TSU will be playing on Friday does that mean Hutto/Cuero game will be held there on Saturday??

ILS1
12-04-2005, 10:39 AM
TSU has an artificial surface,right?? Can't remember haven't been there in years. I do believe they do have turf now. Can anyone clarify??

ILS1
12-04-2005, 10:42 AM
What are Hutto's colors?

Texas burnt orange and white. They even have the Texas fight song as their fight song.

ILS1
12-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Anyway, the Hutto qb is a great athelete and almost seemed to carry that team on his back.

From what i saw in round rock hutto is a one man team.

That's what everyone seems to think. And they are usually wrong. Because Hutto is a solid football team. They have a great rushing attack but Cameron was stuffing the run inside,so Kerley had to run outside. Cameron had to pick their poison. He's a great decision maker. Hutto has been winning even without his legs all year because he's had a nagging injury all year. He's been healthy now for about 3 weeks and if anyone was at the game last night,will agree. I think Hutto will try to do what they did against Marlin to negate some of Cuero's speed. They will pound the ball inside with the huge O-line in front and try to wear down Cuero's defense. Hutto is very methodical on offense and will try to have 5,6 or 7 minute drives. Hutto has a very quick defense. I think Cuero will try to go over the top of their defense and try them deep a couple of times. They will also try to run outside on them to use their great speed. I saw the Cuero/LH game. I was very impressed with the Gobblers. They have great speed. QB Noack has a great strong,accurate arm and their receivers are fast and don't drop many balls. They have a small but very fast tailback. Cooper is a very tough running FB. I think it will be closer than most people think. I'm not gonna predict a score because I'm simply not good at it. Go Hippos!!!

RBARKER
12-04-2005, 11:32 AM
My mind says Cuero, but I'm routing for the Hippo's in this one. They are playing well and with the win against Yoe I think they will carry on.

Old Tiger
12-04-2005, 11:33 AM
The team who's defense shows up will win, plain and simple. Hutto's offensive line is HUGE and good. The defense plays when they have to, they're playing inspired football. I think that the score is going to be 24-21, Cuero. Sorry Hutto Hippos them turkeys are a good bunch.

hornfan
12-04-2005, 12:20 PM
yes the field at TSU is field turf.

formermbcouns
12-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Hutto has played really great up to now with some surprise wins in my opinion. But, I think Cuero will be too much for the Hipps.

Pmoney
12-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Well since it is Turkey season....i would say hippos....o you mean the Cuero/Hutto game i got to go w/ Cuero:D

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 03:05 PM
You all keep saying that Hutto's O-line is so huge. Well, I have news for you, Cuero's D-Line is by no means small and good luck containing Adams, Rudd, and the Boys. That D-Line will be in the qbs face all night and if he makes a mistake throwing the ball, the Hutto offense can turn around and watch Wesley, Gray, or Ruiz running a pick back to the house. And as for running the ball up the middle, all I am gonna say is good luck, cuz it aint happening. I know this sounds cocky and I'm usually not like this at all if you read my old posts but Cuero is just too good, trust me!

schu1213
12-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Thats wasup gobblergolf. If you sit by me at the game you might be lukcy enough to hear some great commentary by me and je haha.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2005, 03:17 PM
The game will end up in #1s hands in Hutto and the decisions he makes. If Cuero can contain him, I think they'll pull it off! Hutto does have a 'decent' defensive backfield, but I don't think they've seen a passing attack that Cuero can produce. Also, they have some weaknesses that Reeve saw last night, in which Cuero can exploit, but I'm not tellin!

schu1213
12-04-2005, 03:18 PM
I wanna know. Please tell me please please please.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I think Hutto will try to do what they did against Marlin to negate some of Cuero's speed. They will pound the ball inside with the huge O-line in front and try to wear down Cuero's defense.

:D As for the Marlin referal, someone needs to tell huttex to talk to marlinfan and get his impression on how Cuero stacks up against Hutto. He told me that Cuero would probly have killed Marlin.
I still think Hutto will be the best team Cuero has played all season, but still don't think they can hang a full 4 quarters with the Gobblers!
Did anyone else see those three Longhorn players on Cameron's sideline, or was it just me?

hutex04
12-04-2005, 04:04 PM
billy pitman was the cameron quarterback, so maybe that was him and some buddies

ILS1
12-04-2005, 04:09 PM
I heard it was Billy Pittman & Romance Taylor on the Cameron sidelines. Not sure about a 3rd person. But that's why I heard anyways!!

44INAROW
12-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Cuero Gobblers vs Hutto Hippos

7:00 PM Saturday, Dec 10th at Farris Stadium in San Antonio.

Old Tiger
12-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I heard it was Billy Pittman & Romance Taylor on the Cameron sidelines. Not sure about a 3rd person. But that's why I heard anyways!!

:D Yea they were down there and I believe the 3rd person was Aaron Ross

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Schu, you know i'll be sitting by you and the boys at the game. Nice that we can actually call this a game! And, i'll be looking forward to the sideline commentary.

gobblerfan02
12-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by gobblergolf
Schu, you know i'll be sitting by you and the boys at the game. Nice that we can actually call this a game! And, i'll be looking forward to the sideline commentary.

Man, that should be some 'interesting' commentary!

gobbler grad
12-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero Gobblers vs Hutto Hippos

7:00 PM Saturday, Dec 10th at Farris Stadium in San Antonio.

is this the gospel...:thinking:

Phantom Stang
12-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I went with my heart and voted for the Gobblers, because I'd really like to see a Sweetwater-Cuero matchup.:)

gobblerfan02
12-04-2005, 06:31 PM
I say the Gobblers take this one on their way to a record tying 11th state final appearance!

Mustangpride09
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I say hutto pulls ANOTHER miraculous upset. They were and still are highly underestimated. I think every playoff game they have played thus far they were the underdog. Im rooting for em.

UTSAstudent
12-04-2005, 09:00 PM

ya yall go ahead and run run run...thats all Liberty Hill did and we schooled them...they didnt ware anthing down...we put up 42 on them and held them to only 14...so good luck with all that running

UTSAstudent
12-04-2005, 09:06 PM
ya shu and gobblergolf...i will be there also listing to yall...it should be really fun...i think cuero is gonna handle them easly..i say cuero 42-21...go gobblers go!!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by UTSAstudent
ya yall go ahead and run run run...thats all Liberty Hill did and we schooled them...they didnt ware anthing down...we put up 42 on them and held them to only 14...so good luck with all that running
We got plenty with the run. We should've stuck with it instead of all the passes. 3 interceptions didn't help the look of the final score. :(

schu1213
12-04-2005, 10:09 PM
It didnt matter if ran or passed there was no way they were winning that game. They just ran into a much more athletic team whos offense could score almost anytime they wanted to.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
It didnt matter if ran or passed there was no way they were winning that game. They just ran into a much more athletic team whos offense could score almost anytime they wanted to.
Oh, heck! I didn't say we would've won without the interceptions. I said they didn't help the final score any. You Cuero kids are finally getting a "game" to watch. Funny how we beat the team that is actually going to give you this game. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BIFF
12-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Tell em LH, Hutto loves Liberty Hill. I dont think they are the same team when they lost to them, though. Hutto is going to give Cuero a game. It aint gonna be a scrimmage onto the state final. . .

UTSAstudent
12-04-2005, 11:56 PM

alright this is greengobbla postin on utsastudents account.....i saw the hutto/cameron game, and huttos defense wasnt good at all....no offense, but there is really way that they can stop the cuero offense....cuero is going to throw and run all over the hippose d.....to tell you the truth....cuero will win by a lot more than people are going to expect.....like gobblergolf said, at least it will be a game this week....lol....cuero 42-21

UTSAstudent
12-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We got plenty with the run. We should've stuck with it instead of all the passes. 3 interceptions didn't help the look of the final score. :(

greengobbla again.....ya, the three interceptions didnt help, but to tell you the truth, neither did the run....yall did all that running and only scored 14 points.....but all in all, i will give it to liberty hill...yall played yalls heart out.....btw, nice meeting you LH Panter Mom....it was a fun meet and greet

gobblerguy6405
12-05-2005, 12:56 AM
wasnt LH's td's the first rushing td's the gobblers have had scored against them (starters) since the Yoakum game?

Highschoolfan78
12-05-2005, 02:15 PM
I believe so gobblerguy

CrunkTarpon21
12-05-2005, 02:27 PM
I believe that the Cuero Gobblers will take this game with no difficulty. I'm not trying to offend Hutto's fans or much less the players, but the Gobblers are for real. They got every weapon needed to win a football game. Good luck Gobblers.

gobblerfan02
12-05-2005, 02:40 PM
I think the Hutto team and crowd will be a bit overwhelmed at first! If the Gobblers get out ahead early in the ballgame, there will be no looking back!

From seeing both teams this past week, I'd say Cuero will stuff the run just like Cameron did, but the Cuero D also has the ability to actually 'catch' and 'tackle' the QB of Hutto, and even force him to throw a couple of passes that he doesn't want to! I don't think he has faced a defensive backfield like Cuero's yet!

I will give the Hutto Defensive backfield some respect in that they don't blow too many coverages, and have some speed. The one key ingredient is height! Don't think these guys match up well with Wesley, and if he can get a step on them, watch out!!! GONE!

44INAROW
12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
You can't stop what you can't catch :)

gobblerfan02
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
You can't stop what you can't catch :) True True, see you at the game LS! Another 8 minute drive for GF'02!!!!!!!!!

swaterfan
12-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Dont see nobody holding Cuero under 40, so better outscore them but that be hard as there defense is there strength:(

Does anyone think that any team in D2 can outscore them then?

schu1213
12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by swaterfan
Does anyone think that any team in D2 can outscore them then?

To be honest with you no.

BIFF
12-05-2005, 05:26 PM
All these Turkeys struttin and letting their snoods hang
keep on and make em mad

gobbler grad
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BIFF
All these Turkeys struttin and letting their snoods hang
keep on and make em mad

I've seen a turkey strut his stuff, but how does a hippo strut...:thinking: