PDA

View Full Version : Tex-USC favorite?

3afan
12-03-2005, 09:12 PM
whats the early ine on the Rose Bowl? Who is the favorite & why?

i think TEXAS goes in as the favorite simply because the play some defense.....

Buccaneer
12-03-2005, 09:43 PM
USC is favored by 6 1/2.

3afan
12-03-2005, 09:48 PM
surprising to me ... thats sure to come down when the $ starts flowing

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
USC is favored by 6 1/2.

I will take texas and 6.5 any day.

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 10:05 PM
no way...usc will dominate this game.......

MonkeyJoe7
12-03-2005, 10:06 PM
too close to call.....special teams and field position will be the key

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
no way...usc will dominate this game.......

Well then I will take your bet since you sound so confident.

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Well then I will take your bet since you sound so confident.

lol alright...my uncle is a professar at UCLA and he watches the USC games....he has been telling me for a while now that UT stands no chance against USC....i know this isn't gospel but i will take a persons opinion who has seen them play first hand anyday......

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 10:11 PM
lol alright...my uncle is a professar at UCLA and he watches the USC games....he has been telling me for a while now that UT stands no chance against USC....i know this isn't gospel but i will take a persons opinion who has seen them play first hand anyday......

I wasnt at any of their games, but I have watched them a few times this season. I think Texas takes them. So if you would like to make a little (or bigger) bet then PM me.

LewP
12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't think USC's D is as good as Texas'.

Offense may be a Push...

Texas 28
USC 17

http://mas.scripps.com/ABIL/2005/12/03/1203SwaterTD_e.jpg

KTJ
12-03-2005, 11:31 PM

You believe your unlce who's seen USC play but a.) he hasn't seen UT play in person and b.) you won't believe UT fans about their team?

big daddy russ
12-04-2005, 01:24 AM
This is a tough one. Could go either way... both teams are pretty much equal.

I still think USC is the scariest team in college ball when they want to be, but it's hard to overlook the way UT's playing.

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
This is a tough one. Could go either way... both teams are pretty much equal.

I still think USC is the scariest team in college ball when they want to be, but it's hard to overlook the way UT's playing.

Would you take Texas and 6.5?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2005, 02:45 AM
hmm it be a good time to place a bet in vegas with this 6 1/2 point spread. i normally dont watch college football but i have seen 3 usc games and 3 longhorn games this year and ill say there both about even and expect a game like the Texas/Ohio game and not the USC/Fresnos game that was total shootout with no defense in that game. So i think that 6.5 point spread is way off whichever would had been the favorite. Texas 34 USC 31

schu1213
12-04-2005, 02:49 AM
How can you put a team that hasnt lost a game in 3 years as a underdog?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2005, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by schu1213
How can you put a team that hasnt lost a game in 3 years as a underdog?

its what have u done for me lately that counts not what happened 3 years ago to the present;)

un b weavable
12-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Last time i checked USC has Reggie Bush.

PANTHERFAN05
12-04-2005, 03:37 AM
USC might have Reggie Bush but Texas has Vince Young (who is about to be the ONLY quaterback to throw for 3000 yards and run for 1000 more), Ramonce Taylor (who is just as fast as Reggie in my opinion), Jamal Charles ( a FRESHMAN), and the BEST offensive line in college football. How can you go wrong with that combination. Plus Texas is the best all around team in college football. Their offense and defense rank in the top 10 overall in college football. Last time I checked USC's defense was ranked number 46 in the nation. Thats enough on its own. I'll take Texas any day.

schu1213
12-04-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by PANTHERFAN05
USC might have Reggie Bush but Texas has Vince Young (who is about to be the ONLY quaterback to throw for 3000 yards and run for 1000 more), Ramonce Taylor (who is just as fast as Reggie in my opinion), Jamal Charles ( a FRESHMAN), and the BEST offensive line in college football. How can you go wrong with that combination. Plus Texas is the best all around team in college football. Their offense and defense rank in the top 10 overall in college football. Last time I checked USC's defense was ranked number 46 in the nation. Thats enough on its own. I'll take Texas any day.

That is the biggest homer post i have ever seen. Romonce might be as fast but that does not mean he is as good as reggie cause he is not even close. Vince young is not even the best qb in this game so get over him. If youll take Texas any day then ill take that bet.

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 03:54 AM
That is the biggest homer post i have ever seen. Romonce might be as fast but that does not mean he is as good as reggie cause he is not even close. Vince young is not even the best qb in this game so get over him. If youll take Texas any day then ill take that bet.

Name your bet and I will take it.

schu1213
12-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Whatever you want. Here is my number one reason for USC winning this game. They have been there the last three years and have played in some huge games. THey have been money when it counts. I just dont see them losing this game esp it being reggies and matts last game. I think it will be a good one but i just dont think texas has the big game experience to win this one.

Maroon87
12-04-2005, 05:07 AM
USC is favored by 6 1/2.

I'll take those odds!

sinfan75
12-04-2005, 08:18 AM
If Texas can keep Reggie from runnin all over em they should be ok. Texas has the speed and talent on D to at least contain him. If UCLA tackled a littled better yesterday he wouldn't have had a field day on them. But as big a Horn fan as I am I always go with the " Until Proven Otherwise" theory. USC wins until proven otherwise. Prove me wrong Horns!

LewP
12-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
its what have u done for me lately that counts not what happened 3 years ago to the present;)

This, coming from a fan with a Texas Ranger sig??LOLOL

j/k..

Longhorns take this game. In case anyone has noticed, USC's defense is not that good. They just are in a sorry conference.

http://mas.scripps.com/ABIL/2005/12/03/1203SwaterTD_e.jpg

Pudlugger
12-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by PANTHERFAN05

Just got back from Reliant stadium last night. What a team the Longhorns are! They have no real weaknesses and seem to play with total poise and confidence. If they wanted to they could have put up 100 points against Colorado but pulled Vince in the third and played McCoy in the 4th at Qb. The first team put up 63 points in 2 1/2 quarters!. USC has had the weaker schedule and they will lose to the Longhorns in this game. 6 1/2 points plus the 'Horns is a good bet.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Mack Brown did not have to plead and whine about how he sould be in the Rose bowl this year, like he did last year,he did a good job getting the Horns there, but USC will run all over the Horns, and the USC D will stop Vince and hold him to less yards than he had in the Aggie game that was 19 yards. USC wins Big!!!

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Mack Brown did not have to plead and whine about how he sould be in the Rose bowl this year, like he did last year,he did a good job getting the Horns there, but USC will run all over the Horns, and the USC D will stop Vince and hold him to less yards than he had in the Aggie game that was 19 yards. USC wins Big!!!

We shall see. I am still waiting on someone to give me Texas and 6.5. ;)

big daddy russ
12-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Would you take Texas and 6.5?
No. It would be stupid for anyone to bet on this game unless it's a ridiculous spread. 6.5 isn't ridiculous enough for me.

Anything can happen on any given Saturday. Oklahoma had a better team than LSU two years ago but got whipped. USC has the better team this year but.... who knows???

Astrosdawg07
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
USC is favored by 6 1/2.

Well everyone will win big that bets on TEXAS!

Phil C
12-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Since I am usually wrong on these type of predictions I say USC wins. :)

Old Tiger
12-04-2005, 01:07 PM
no way...usc will dominate this game....... Read the sig... ;)Texas will win this ball game because their offense and defense ranks in the top 10.

NateDawg39
12-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by LewP
This, coming from a fan with a Texas Ranger sig??LOLOL

j/k..

Longhorns take this game. In case anyone has noticed, USC's defense is not that good. They just are in a sorry conference.

http://mas.scripps.com/ABIL/2005/12/03/1203SwaterTD_e.jpg The Longhorns were in a sorry confrence as well in my opinion, The Big 12 aint what it was the last few years. But I am gonna go with Texas anyways

NateDawg39
12-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Read the sig... ;)Texas will win this ball game because their offense and defense ranks in the top 10. I really do not think it matters in this game where you rank or how good you looked in the past. Its a new ball game for both teams.

Old Tiger
12-04-2005, 01:17 PM
It will be a track meet I tell ya what

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
It will be a track meet I tell ya what

I doubt that. Texas' defense will stuff their running game, the secondary will stop the pass, and VY will pick apart the suspect USC secondary. Of course that is my opinion anyway.

big daddy russ
12-04-2005, 01:45 PM
I doubt that. Texas' defense will stuff their running game, the secondary will stop the pass, and VY will pick apart the suspect USC secondary. Of course that is my opinion anyway.
That's a huge plate of what-ifs. USC's offense is much more potent that UT's. Ramonce Taylor's a good college player, but even at his best he's only a poor man's Reggie Bush. LenDale White is one of the most underrated RB's in the game and Matt Leinart is the best QB in the nation. For the first time in ages, the championship game will come down to offense rather than defense. Which one will be more efficient?

Personally, I think USC wins by 9.

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 08:24 PM
That's a huge plate of what-ifs. USC's offense is much more potent that UT's. Ramonce Taylor's a good college player, but even at his best he's only a poor man's Reggie Bush. LenDale White is one of the most underrated RB's in the game and Matt Leinart is the best QB in the nation. For the first time in ages, the championship game will come down to offense rather than defense. Which one will be more efficient?

Personally, I think USC wins by 9.

Leinger QB rating 161

Yound QB rating 165

Just something to think about. And I agree about LenDale White.

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 09:03 PM
I would like Texas to win b/c they are an in state team and that would show the talent we have in this part of the country but it wont happen. USC is just too good. It will be a closer game than some ppl assume but it has to go in USC's favor. Reggie is the best player in the game and will prove that during that game. Matt is the smartest qb in college football and will prove that as well. Vince is good, don't get me wrong, but if he couldn't even show up against the Aggies a few weeks back, then what makes ppl so confident that he will against USC. Don't get me wrong, I know he has shown a lot and I think he is great, esp in the Rose Bowl last year, but I just don't think he can do it in this one. Plus, that OLine that Texas has that ppl claim is so great, where were they when the Aggie DLine was in Vince's face all day. I am not saying this b/c I go to A&M and b/c that is UT, b/c I have made it clear that I want Texas to win. It would be great to have an in-state champ but I simply dont think its possible. As one said, you cant base everything on 3 years, but i don't think it is bad too. They have proven themselves time in and time out when ppl said they wouldnt. They deserve to be the favored team and will prove that after this game. Hopefully Texas can pull at ND and show USC that ppl can play right along with them, but I just dont see it!

Ranger05
12-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Mack Brown did not have to plead and whine about how he sould be in the Rose bowl this year, like he did last year,he did a good job getting the Horns there, but USC will run all over the Horns, and the USC D will stop Vince and hold him to less yards than he had in the Aggie game that was 19 yards. USC wins Big!!! its a good thing he did his pleading cause if Texas doesnt get it then cal goes and get stomped worse than what they did by Texas Tech

KTJ
12-04-2005, 09:17 PM

Yes, because Cal showed everyone what a power they were and how much they should have been in the Rose Bowl by getting monkeystomped in the Holiday Bowl to a mediocre Texas Tech team.

Pmoney
12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
TEXAS wins this one! ill take some bets:D

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
TEXAS wins this one! ill take some bets:D

Noone wants to.

schu1213
12-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Ill take your bet

sinton66
12-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Matt is the smartest qb in college football and will prove that as well. Vince is good, don't get me wrong, but if he couldn't even show up against the Aggies a few weeks back, then what makes ppl so confident that he will against USC. Don't get me wrong, I know he has shown a lot and I think he is great, esp in the Rose Bowl last year, but I just don't think he can do it in this one. Plus, that OLine that Texas has that ppl claim is so great, where were they when the Aggie DLine was in Vince's face all day.

Okay, to paraphrase your buddy Schu, this was a rivalry game at A&M, just like USC at Notre Dame. Texas looked better against A&M than USC did against Notre Dame. Heck, if the Aggies couldn't have gotten up for Texas, why even play the season? There is a reason they play the game. Eventually EVERY great program gets beaten by someone, and it will happen to USC sooner or later. Hopefully, it's at the hands of the Longhorns this year.

Pmoney
12-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Ill take your bet
wats the wager?

SilsbeeD
12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
texas by 13

schu1213
12-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Anything you want

garageoffice
12-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Not enough shared context to make a good prediction. USC obviously has a great team and one of the great RBs in the game. However, they haven't faced a defense yet this year that's as good all-around as the Longhorns'. I think the game comes down to VY. If he plays like he did against CU, no defense in the country can stop them. If he's off the mark, like against A&M, then it's much tougher. I don't believe UT's defense can REALLY shut down USC's offense, but I think they are good enough to contain them.

My pick? Can't make one, but I'm sure looking forward to watching!!!!

schu1213
12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
It is gonna be a hell of a game to watch.

PhiI C
12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
We have to be very careful. Remember in the Colorado game right after the opening kickoff Colorado was moving the ball and may have scored except for a fumble. That could have changed the game completely.

sicem74
12-04-2005, 10:36 PM
go bush!!!!!! sic em

Pmoney
12-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
We have to be very careful. Remember in the Colorado game right after the opening kickoff Colorado was moving the ball and may have scored except for a fumble. That could have changed the game completely.
hey phil....whats with you every week telling us that we have to be careful?:D be positive:D....just messing w/ ya phil

big daddy russ
12-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Leinger QB rating 161

Yound QB rating 165

Just something to think about. And I agree about LenDale White.
Not saying that Young's a bad QB. I actually think he'll get up for this game and have a good game. But looking back at the Ohio State game, he was all they had. The RB's didn't step up and help him out in the biggest game of the year.

USC may not have AJ Hawk on defense, but they're a better all around team.

Young's accuracy comes from the passing schemes. The O-coordinator has done a great job of taking advantage of Young's strengths. His bread and butter was the mid-range passing game, but his accuracy drops off after 20 yards. Leinart's accurate pretty far down the field.

If Young is all they have they won't win this game. The RB's have to step up for them to have a chance. USC's just too good for them to have an off game.

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Not saying that Young's a bad QB. I actually think he'll get up for this game and have a good game. But looking back at the Ohio State game, he was all they had. The RB's didn't step up and help him out in the biggest game of the year.

USC may not have AJ Hawk on defense, but they're a better all around team.

Young's accuracy comes from the passing schemes. The O-coordinator has done a great job of taking advantage of Young's strengths. His bread and butter was the mid-range passing game, but his accuracy drops off after 20 yards. Leinart's accurate pretty far down the field.

If Young is all they have they won't win this game. The RB's have to step up for them to have a chance. USC's just too good for them to have an off game.

True, but that was also Week 2 and Texas has come a long way since then. I also dont believe that USC has a better all around team or they would be ranked in the Top 10 statistically like Texas. That isnt an opinionated Top 10 either. I am not saying USC will have an off game at all. They are coming in with alot of experience and they do have a good all around team, but I am not sure if it will be enough. The front 4 for Texas is capable of putting more pressure on Leinert than any defense USC has faced all year. I think Texas is the better team. I just know I cant hardly wait for this game to get under way so we can stop talking about it.

schu1213
12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Stats dont mean a dang thing. The only stat i care about is that usc has not lost a game in 3 years. Hows that for a stat. Who cares if usc isnt in the top ten in all statistics? It really doest matter.

UTSAstudent
12-05-2005, 12:05 AM
greengobbla say USC by 9....wussup

rockdale80
12-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Stats dont mean a dang thing. The only stat i care about is that usc has not lost a game in 3 years. Hows that for a stat. Who cares if usc isnt in the top ten in all statistics? It really doest matter.

:crazy: :crazy:
I thought you knew that past history means nothing, and sooner or later every win streak comes to an end.