PDA

View Full Version : my take on everman

vfunk
09-29-2001, 03:37 PM
quite possibly the best team in 3A. very impressive 70+ point shutout. matthew...it could be their year!! congrats on the victory and this may be a little premature, but everman is making some forney fans quite nervous...

Phil A. Sheo
09-29-2001, 03:54 PM
They haven't been tested yet. Have they played a top 10 team yet. We will see when they play Waxahachie. Then we will have a clue.

surfspike
09-29-2001, 07:34 PM
I agree Phil, however the so-called top teams that Forney has played so far... Lindale (just lost to D'field) and Aledo (which has seemed not quite up to their average par); the bearcat defense put up a good game allowing Forney to only score 14 points. Lindale pretty much had Forney beat till the second half. I don't know about Everman... I think it just might BE their year... I sure hope Forney goes d2. GO QUINLAN FORD!!!

tylerrose
09-29-2001, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by surfspike:
I agree Phil, however the so-called top teams that Forney has played so far... Lindale (just lost to D'field) and Aledo (which has seemed not quite up to their average par); the bearcat defense put up a good game allowing Forney to only score 14 points. Lindale pretty much had Forney beat till the second half. I don't know about Everman... I think it just might BE their year... I sure hope Forney goes d2. GO QUINLAN FORD!!!It could be their year. However, I don't think that Forney is scared. The bigger the game the more the Rabbits rise up to the challenge.

Matthew328
09-29-2001, 10:03 PM
You may be right about not really being tested..but that win over Eastern Hills is a good win...yeah E. Hills is 1-3 but they lost to Everman, gave a good 5A school in Keller a game for 3 quarters and they held a vaunted Denton Ryan offense to 14 points..and remember Ryan was the 4A runner-up...but yes we will see what Everman is made of Friday against Hachie..also remember Everman hasn't been at full strength yet this year..starting tailback has been out the last 2 games..and the best D-Lineman hasn't played since the last scrimmage..both should be ready this week...it should be fun

Phil A. Sheo
09-29-2001, 10:19 PM
Don't put much stock in the Aledo game. The field had 3 inches of rain the day before. No team, when field conditions are bad, is going to put up lots of points. No excuse, that is just a fact.

victory11
09-30-2001, 01:20 AM
i know that wylie isn't scared of everman, we beat em last year and we will do it again if we have to. running up the score against a crappy team doesn't impress me too much

Gunn08
09-30-2001, 01:43 PM
I wouldnt count Wylie out. Many people discount them because they're 99.9% white, not black. But they have some players, and top of the line coaching staff. It seems all of you people are overlooking them. They are very capable of going deep in the playoffs and beating the 100% black teams. If you dont believe me , just keep up with them. They'll prove u wrong.

Phil A. Sheo
09-30-2001, 04:20 PM
When did the race card get thrown in? I haven't seen anyone post anything about Wylie besides performance etc... Nobody cares how white or black they are. I think Forney has the best team right now. They are known for SPEED, and their 2nd, 3rd, and probably 4th fastest players are white. Of course, no one in the country in H.S. can run with Blanton. Back your team, but leave the race card out.

Matthew328
09-30-2001, 08:25 PM
For real..what's the deal with the race card getting thrown in...pretty ingorant if you ask me...what is the deal with race in Abilene..last year before the Wylie-Everman game the Wylie paper did a report on the demographics of both schools..what's that all about? I mean is there nothing better to discuss in Abilene than the fact that Wylie is playing a minority school? Give me a break..and ok you aren't scared of Everman..good I am glad to know that..and by the way yeah we scored a lot on a bad team..but I'd rather do that than beat a bad team by only 10..ouch

victory11
09-30-2001, 08:47 PM
any team can run up the score on a crappy team to make their stats better. wylie just doesn't care about that kind of stuff so when we know we take our starters out. a win is a win, i dont see why it matters if it's by 70 or by 10. i hope wylie gets to play everman again this year....we'll see who has the better team

Matthew328
09-30-2001, 09:46 PM
LOL you are rigt a win is a win...look at one of my earlier posts and you'll see that...you were the one bringing up Everman "running" up the score...like I said earlier..in the second half Everman had offensive lineman in the backfield...it's not their fault that the O-lineman had a 50 yard TD run...and by the way breaking down Wylie's schedule..Lake View Class 4A (1-3) just got their first win over winless Llveland...Big Spring Class 4A (0-4) need I say more?? Snyder Class 4A (3-1) I'll give you that one..Breckenridge Class 3A (0-5) ok you get another cupcake..and Llano Class 3A (0-5) hmm see a pattern? Ok Everman..FW Eastern Hills Class 4A (1-3) held 4A state finalist Denton Ryan to 14 points..and gave 5A Keller a good game..FW Southwest Class 4A (1-3) yeah we beat em 60-0 but I bet they go at least 5-5..WF Rider Class 4A (1-3) lost to Denison and top 10 team in Oklahoma...probable playoff team in 4A..Robinson Class 3A (0-4) ok I admit they were a cupcake..and this week Waxahachie Class 4A (4-0) I GUARANTEE Waxahachie is better than Snyder...a lot better..so lets analyze what I posted...Wylie's combined opponents record is 4-18 Everman's opponents record is 7-13..so who is playin the weak schedule now???

victory11
10-01-2001, 09:55 AM
first off, big spring lost their first 2 games by a total of 4 points. they are good dont think they're not because of their record. and you left off wylie's scrimmage with the 4a powerhouse brownwood who is undefeated.

Matthew328
10-01-2001, 11:07 AM
ok Big Spring lost by 4 a total of their 4 points in I guess 3 games or so...still I'd take Everman's schedule over Wylie's..but it really doesn't matter..you beat who you play..trust me when Everman scheduled Robinson they had no idea they would be this bad this year..remember Robinson beat Everman last year and gave Gatesville a good game in the second round..I guess graduation hit them hard..

victory11
10-01-2001, 12:28 PM
yea it's hard to tell if a team is gonna be good or not when you have to decide if you wanna play them that early in the season. i gaurentee you that wylie wouldn't have schedule an 0-4 or 0-5 team if they knew they were gonna be one.

MustangFan03
10-02-2001, 12:24 AM
Im glad that Everman will go Div. 1 because I would hate for Sweetwater to have to play them this year in the playoff's. Even though we have a good past record against them in the playoffs. They seem to be loaded this year.Good luck to them this year.If you want to talk about a tough schedule then Sweetwater understands, as you know they have played teams that have been noted as having playoffs on their minds this year.Everman has the best Div. 2 team in the Region, no doubt!