PDA

View Full Version : 3adl Heisman Finalists

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:14 PM
The results of the prelims are as follows...I left anybody that only received one vote:

Name Votes
Case Keenum 15
Kendall Carillo 10
Joseph Banyard 10
Colin Jones 8
Kenneth Beasley 7

G.J. Kinne 5
Kyle Noack 5
Derek Evans 3
Anthony Ramos 2
Dwight Wells 2
Brock Fitzhenry 2
Will Middlebrooks 2
Johnny Dishon 2

NOTE: For the purposes of this contest we will define the Heisman Award as this - "not the BEST player in 3A...but the most valuable to their team."

This poll should close down next Saturday.

KingRob
12-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't want to start anything here, but don't you think you could hold off on this for a couple of more weeks. While Wylie's season might be over, other teams and players are still playing.

mrescape43
12-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Dang Ol' Banyard keepin up with Keenum. Keenum was good and all but I was expecting something better, I guess after seeing Gilmer last year you can't compare any one.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:30 PM

KingRob
12-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Perhaps, but if Keenum was still playing, you wouldn't be asking!

Rabbit'93
12-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Homer Poll! Homer Poll!:D ;)

schu1213
12-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Thats all it is is a homer poll. Its stupid to even have this.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:38 PM

KingRob
12-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Thats all it is is a homer poll. Its stupid to even have this.

Very true, and I didn't want to go there, but.......

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:39 PM

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:40 PM

schu1213
12-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Im not sayin you are a homer, im just saying that this poll in no way will show who is the mvp for his team. Dont get your panties in a wad mr. know it all

Rabbit'93
12-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
its odd that the DL has 3 regulars and 1 "here and there" poster from Wylie...yet he got 15 votes. It's a poll of the 3ADL. If you don't like it...don't vote!
I wasn't necessarily referring to Keenum, buddy. It might have something to do with how many posters another city might have.:thinking: :doh:

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:44 PM

KingRob
12-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't be asking what??? I am not trying to justify anything. A few days ago, we decided to put together a poll...I took the nominees...tallied it up...and then posted the top 5. Kinda odd that the whining is coming from Cuero posters. I would expect better than that from yall!

I thought this would turn into this, but against my better judgement I spoke my mind. How you can justify Keenum winning your "award" because he led his defending champs to an 11-3(?) season is beyond me. So, if all the Cuero folks (and there are a lot of us), called for Kyle to win, then that's it? It's just silly!!!

schu1213
12-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Come on we all know Beasly is the best player.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:48 PM

KingRob
12-03-2005, 05:50 PM
No whining about it. Instead of voting I was reading threads about our next opponent....:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:52 PM

KingRob
12-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Oh no, not the "Last year" grab for a comeback. What about this year? Wylie, once again, lost to 3 teams. Geez, just let it go, and lie low for awhile. Let the other teams that are winning shine in the spotlight. Keenum is a great athlete, but Wylie's season is over. Sit down, think about it, and accept it.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:59 PM

KingRob
12-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I can read between the lines very well. Calm down, then again, we can blame your seizure on Wylie's loss!!:D :D :o :cool:

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 06:05 PM

schu1213
12-03-2005, 06:08 PM
remind me how 2nd place treated ya last year? :rolleyes: I can play this one all day...though how Wylie does at the end of the day isn't going to effect my life one way or another.

Get a clue buddy. Your a joke and you think you know every dang thing there is to know about football. Yeah Keenum is a good player but there is no way he is better than Beasly. You know i was rooting for ablilene in the playoffs but because of you im glad they got their butts knocked out. You seriously need to get a life stop living on here. Hey let me know how baskeball is goin for yall ok?

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Get a clue buddy. Your a joke and you think you know every dang thing there is to know about football. Yeah Keenum is a good player but there is no way he is better than Beasly. You know i was rooting for ablilene in the playoffs but because of you im glad they got their butts knocked out. You seriously need to get a life stop living on here. Hey let me know how baskeball is goin for yall ok?

If you will only read the posts it states that this is the most valuable person to their team not the best one in 3A. And I can promise you that in NO WAY is there a kid that meant more to their team than Keenum. I mean no offense to any Wylie players but here goes, Wylie had no, NO supporting cast around Keenum. They had Keenum and Sandifer and did a great job with that. Beasley might be a better athlete (as probably is the case) but he also has alot of other talent to deal with.

Bullaholic
12-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Adidas...Thank you for your efforts. Now you see why none of the other "old timers" create award posts? You can't win--the right "winner" is never declared according to someone, somewhere. Everybody feels that "their" guy should have won--and maybe rightfully so--but it is extremely hard to be honest and completely unbiased because the only players most folks have seen are their own.

sweetwater08
12-03-2005, 06:15 PM
ive seen all but the WOS guy play. they are all every athletic.

KingRob
12-03-2005, 06:18 PM
ENJOY THE SILENCE....

By the way, working for the military over here in Germany...Beautiful Country

KingRob
12-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Again...you still have no leg to stand on in making your case. Then again, you can't actually prove your point (because it's unprovable) but instead just make empty statements. Whatever works for you...

Stay in Germany...we don't need any more senseless people back in the states...

Okay, I'll stay in Germany, and you stay in Abilene....Yeehawwwww!:cool:

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Adidas...Thank you for your efforts. Now you see why none of the other "old timers" create award posts? You can't win--the right "winner" is never declared according to someone, somewhere. Everybody feels that "their" guy should have won--and maybe rightfully so--but it is extremely hard to be honest and completely unbiased because the only players most folks have seen are their own.

exactly. We just can win with all these "newbies" can we? :D Heck I like doing stuff like this cuz it gives everybody a chance to express their opinion. This year, every game I have been to with the exception of 1 has involved only Region 1 teams so I haven't got to see a lot outside of this Region.

KingRob
12-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

WOW! Words from a very wise person. Thank you, oh I mean, Danke Schoen!!

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
If you will only read the posts it states that this is the most valuable person to their team not the best one in 3A.
You're correct in the reasoning for the poll. (I just wanted to point that out again.)

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You're correct in the reasoning for the poll. (I just wanted to point that out again.)

yeah I thought that was in big bold yellow text at the beginning of it...but somehow it must have been overlooked!

Stang99
12-03-2005, 06:24 PM
As much as I would like to vote for Banyard I think I gotta go with Keenum for this one. Don't think wylie is the same team without him

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2005, 06:26 PM
yeah I thought that was in big bold yellow text at the beginning of it...but somehow it must have been overlooked!
More like bold red.

We will take nominations until Friday afternoon/evening. No "making your case" for the guy here (you can do that elsewhere)...just simply post "position, name, school." Anybody posting anyhting besides "position, name, school" will not have their vote counted.

For the purposes of this contest we will define the Heisman Award as this - "not the BEST player in 3A...but the most valuable to their team."

Before nominating, ask yourself this...What would that team have accomplished with somebody else in this players postion? I am combining the "Heisman" with an MVP award to cut down on posts that we have.

YOU CAN NOMINATE UP TO 3 PLAYERS IN THIS FIRST ROUND...MAKE SURE TO GIVE ALL 3 PIECES OF INFORMATION

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
More like bold red.
I was thinking of this one...

NOTE: For the purposes of this contest we will define the Heisman Award as this - "not the BEST player in 3A...but the most valuable to their team."

This poll should close down next Saturday.

injuredinmelee
12-04-2005, 06:24 AM
I think king rob might still be sore about the loss last year.

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Come on everybody lets vote for the player from our school, and if our player isnt on the list then lets vote because we might(and by might I mean unlikely) have seen one of the other nominees during the season. Or maybe we can vote for someone from our district or region? I am sure that every nominee was valuable to their team, and every team had a MVP, but come on now. Is there any way to really determine "who is the most valuable to their team?" EVERY TEAM HAS A MVP! This nomination/voting method is about as flawed and unclear as the BCS usually is. Sorry Adidas. I like the idea you had on this, and I appreciate you putting time into something like this, but if you really think their is any way to determine something like this I have to disagree.

3afan
12-04-2005, 07:27 AM
ITS JUST A POSTER POPULARITY CONTEST, THATS ALL ....................

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
ITS JUST A POSTER POPULARITY CONTEST, THATS ALL ....................

That was what I was trying to say, I just got carried away;)

shadow13
12-04-2005, 10:25 AM
The results of the prelims are as follows...I left anybody that only received one vote:

Name Votes
Case Keenum 15
Kendall Carillo 10
Joseph Banyard 10
Colin Jones 8
Kenneth Beasley 7

G.J. Kinne 5
Kyle Noack 5
Derek Evans 3
Anthony Ramos 2
Dwight Wells 2
Brock Fitzhenry 2
Will Middlebrooks 2
Johnny Dishon 2

This poll should close down next Saturday. The only 2 players I see on the list that I know anything about, that's more valuable to their team are CASE KEENUM, AND KENDAL CARRILLO, for 1 thing sweetwater has too many good running backs ,if 1 should get hurt there's another 1 who could step right in and do just as good. KENDAL on the other hand ,not so. #5 has done a decent job ,but not as good as KENDAL was doing before his injury.

EAGLETOWN
12-04-2005, 10:29 AM
I would like to add another vote for Brock Fitzhenry.

It's kind of a partial vote, but for a Sophmore him and the Giddings Buffs had a tremendous season.

Just the fact that as a Sophmore his name has even come up as that caliber of a player with the likes of Beasley, and Keenum.

People better watch out for him and the Buffs for the next few years.

Just look and the strength of the district they came out of this year.

I think they will be legit contenders for a state title real soon!!

jmcgee
12-04-2005, 11:30 AM
OK why is everyone complaining now? Why didnt you complain when the nominating was going on are some of you just pissed of cause your player is not here. Get over it. Some of you need to grow and quit jumping down peoples throughts every time your panties get twisted! If you dont like it dont vote.

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
OK why is everyone complaining now? Why didnt you complain when the nominating was going on are some of you just pissed of cause your player is not here. Get over it. Some of you need to grow and quit jumping down peoples throughts every time your panties get twisted! If you dont like it dont vote.

Maybe if you go back and read my post it is explained better there. Its called reading...you know top to bottom, left to right. Take Tylenol for any headaches; Midol for any cramps.

And what is a throught?

:crazy: :crazy:

Adidas410s
12-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Come on everybody lets vote for the player from our school, and if our player isnt on the list then lets vote because we might(and by might I mean unlikely) have seen one of the other nominees during the season. Or maybe we can vote for someone from our district or region? I am sure that every nominee was valuable to their team, and every team had a MVP, but come on now. Is there any way to really determine "who is the most valuable to their team?" EVERY TEAM HAS A MVP! This nomination/voting method is about as flawed and unclear as the BCS usually is. Sorry Adidas. I like the idea you had on this, and I appreciate you putting time into something like this, but if you really think their is any way to determine something like this I have to disagree.

Well obviously every team has a "best player"...but notice that nobody was nominating anybody from 0-10 Merkel or any other team without success. It was a chance for people to nominate what player they felt contributed the most to their teams success. To put it in another way, would team X have won Y amount of games with out the contributions of said player???

Again, nobody actually "gets" this award. It's simply a survey of those on the 3ADL who chose to participate. If you didn't, or if the players that you nominated didn't get enough votes...oh well. Don't whine...it's part of life. I am sure there are plenty of diehard fans at Tech who would say "without Tauren Henderson we wouldn't be have been ranked in the top 10 this year or being going to the Cotton Bowl" or players from Ohio State that would say "without AJ Hawk at LB we don't make a BCS game." That's just how things work out...everybody was given an equal chance to nominate somebody. All I did was take 5 minutes to tally up the responses and post the top 5 in a poll. I also listed the # of nominations that every player earned (except for those with just 1). Don't sit here and whine and complain because (NEWSFLASH) THIS AWARD MEANS NOTHING!!! You don't have to like it...it's ok if you don't. Just a fun little thing for those of us that do. :)

PS - Glad that Rockdale figured out that there isn't an exact science to ANY poll or award that is given out. Heck even the ones that are earned on the field people gripe about if they don't like the outcome. It's what fans do. :)

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Wasnt trying to gripe or whine because if you go back and look I never nominated anyone. So to be a MVP on your team you have to have a succesful season? Sure Merkel had a MVP and they would not have been the same team without him. And you are right that no poll ever done on here will be completely unbiased because ,just as an example, you have 100 posters from Cuero, 500 from Sweetwater, 10 from WOS(according to JODY), 3 from Rockdale, maybe 10 from Cameron etc.... Regardless, Do what you will and proclaim him the Heisman winner. Just thing it is easier to judge the talent of an individual rather than the value of a person to TEAM. Because the bottom line is when anyone is out the TEAM performs differently.

Whsdogs
12-05-2005, 12:18 AM
wah wah cry cry...everyone needs to just grow up and back off...dont like the pole dont vote, got opinions about it, ok everyone does, express your opinion and leave it at that...no need to trash talk or anything like that..like addidas said "no one actually gets an award" so whats the big deal its not our faults there arent as many posters for each school and such..its your fault for not talkin about it in your own town or whatever...word of mouth people..word of mouth

:)

RMAC
12-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
I can read between the lines very well. Calm down, then again, we can blame your seizure on Wylie's loss!!:D :D :o :cool:

First off, shut up, please. You're making the other people from Cuero on here look bad and none of them are. Secondly, I really think you're mad because Noack isn't on here. I've never seen the guy play, but I'm sure he's a great QB. How do I know this? He's got a top notch progam in Cuero deep in the playoffs. But seriously, Rob, come on. He only got 5 votes and he goes to a school that has I'd guess 15 posters or so on here. Keenum goes to a school that has 3 posters on here. I really think what happened was that since the vets from Cuero have seen them both play, they made their evaluations. They know their stuff and they have the humility to say that they don't have the best when sometimes they do. It's okay, ya'll are consistently good, year in and year out. Now, I'm not sure if this is true or not, just mere speculation, but I personally believed that that is what happened. Just my 2 cents on the whole issue. BTW, I DON'T go to Wylie. Don't even live in Abilene.

RMAC
12-05-2005, 12:29 AM

rockdale80
12-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
wah wah cry cry...everyone needs to just grow up and back off...dont like the pole dont vote, got opinions about it, ok everyone does, express your opinion and leave it at that...no need to trash talk or anything like that..like addidas said "no one actually gets an award" so whats the big deal its not our faults there arent as many posters for each school and such..its your fault for not talkin about it in your own town or whatever...word of mouth people..word of mouth

:)

You my friend are an idiot. I think you missed every point I made. Maybe if I come over with some crayons and a Big Chief tablet we can sit down and go over it until you understand.

neck_06
12-05-2005, 08:42 AM
my vote went to one of the sweetwater kids because they are the only ones on the list still in the playoffs.

Whsdogs
12-05-2005, 11:58 AM
You my friend are an idiot. I think you missed every point I made. Maybe if I come over with some crayons and a Big Chief tablet we can sit down and go over it until you understand.

please do sir..ill have tissue while you are here...we can just have us a big party huh? :D :D

oh and btw..when did i post your name on that...guilty conscious??????

rockdale80
12-05-2005, 12:07 PM
please do sir..ill have tissue while you are here...we can just have us a big party huh? :D :D

oh and btw..when did i post your name on that...guilty conscious??????

You didnt have to. I am smart enough to read the context of your response in which you made references to a post I made earlier. I dont need tissue. I didn't nominate or vote for anyone, and if you read below this should explain why.

A players value to a team has no correlation to them being successful or not, and cannot be measured by wins or losses.

There I put it in big bold letters for you. If you still can't make sense of it then find the nearest adult and they will explain it for you. ;) ;)

Adidas410s
12-05-2005, 01:04 PM
A players value to a team has no correlation to them being successful or not, and cannot be measured by wins or losses.

Whether you measure value by wins and losses, you sure don't see everybody on here talking about how great of a matchup it would be to see WF Hirschi play Progresso. We discuss successful teams on here....that is where the wins and losses come into play. With the exception of the Texans, we don't even discuss losing teams in the NFL because it's NOT that exciting of a conversation.

If you want, we could have a riveting discussion about 3-7 Rockdale and what type of matchup they would have against 3-7 Winnsboro!!! That sounds like a fun topic...:thinking:

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Does everyone know that SWEETWATER IS GOOD yet?:D

rockdale80
12-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Whether you measure value by wins and losses, you sure don't see everybody on here talking about how great of a matchup it would be to see WF Hirschi play Progresso. We discuss successful teams on here....that is where the wins and losses come into play. With the exception of the Texans, we don't even discuss losing teams in the NFL because it's NOT that exciting of a conversation.

If you want, we could have a riveting discussion about 3-7 Rockdale and what type of matchup they would have against 3-7 Winnsboro!!! That sounds like a fun topic...:thinking:

That comment is crossing a line. Sure Rockdale didn't have that great of a season, and they did have a MVP. I never said anything about Rockdale. But if you think the value of one player to a team has anything to do with wins and losses then you obviously know nothing about football, or team sports in general. EVERY TEAM HAS A MVP THAT WOULD AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF THEIR SEASON IF THAT PLAYER WERE HURT. EVEN 3-7 ROCKDALE.

and for the record I think Rockdale would take Winnsboro;)

Whsdogs
12-05-2005, 01:12 PM
You didnt have to. I am smart enough to read the context of your response in which you made references to a post I made earlier. I dont need tissue. I didn't nominate or vote for anyone, and if you read below this should explain why.

There I put it in big bold letters for you. If you still can't make sense of it then find the nearest adult and they will explain it for you. ;) ;)

haha u crack me up..u dont even know me and matter of fact i was not talkin about you...know what they say about people who assume right??:D ..

sorry we dont talk about rockdale because they werent very good this year...good luck next year!:clap:

Whsdogs
12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Does everyone know that SWEETWATER IS GOOD yet?:D

i love sweetwater...they have always been good...go win state!!!

rockdale80
12-05-2005, 01:20 PM
haha u crack me up..u dont even know me and matter of fact i was not talkin about you...know what they say about people who assume right??:D ..

sorry we dont talk about rockdale because they werent very good this year...good luck next year!:clap:

My playing days were over years ago. The only thing that mattered to me about Rockdale was my brother playing. None of this had anything to do with Rockdale though. I never said that I think Rockdale has a better MVP than any of the ones listed. I was stating my opinion about the basis of this poll. It doesnt make sense to me. You can debate and vote on a concrete idea, but there is no way to vote on such an abstract idea as "the importance of a player to a team." If you cant understand that, and want to drag Rockdale into this because it makes you feel better to dog out 40 guys that busted the butts for the last 8 years to have a less that fulfilling season then go for it. Because when you say things like that, it doesnt effect me...you are talking about a bunch of HS kids. Good Job:clap:

Adidas410s
12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
That comment is crossing a line. Sure Rockdale didn't have that great of a season, and they did have a MVP. I never said anything about Rockdale. But if you think the value of one player to a team has anything to do with wins and losses then you obviously know nothing about football, or team sports in general. EVERY TEAM HAS A MVP THAT WOULD AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF THEIR SEASON IF THAT PLAYER WERE HURT. EVEN 3-7 ROCKDALE.

and for the record I think Rockdale would take Winnsboro;)

I wasn't crossing a line by using Rockdale as an example. I was simply making a point. This is a message board for fans to talk football. As a general rule, you don't hear people talking about teams that aren't winning so to say that "yes everybody has a team MVP" is obvious...but for purposes of this board we aren't going to discuss a team that isn't winning games and advancing deep into the playoffs. Yeah...I think yall could take Winnsboro too. Pretty much anybody can...

Whsdogs
12-05-2005, 02:39 PM
My playing days were over years ago. The only thing that mattered to me about Rockdale was my brother playing. None of this had anything to do with Rockdale though. I never said that I think Rockdale has a better MVP than any of the ones listed. I was stating my opinion about the basis of this poll. It doesnt make sense to me. You can debate and vote on a concrete idea, but there is no way to vote on such an abstract idea as "the importance of a player to a team." If you cant understand that, and want to drag Rockdale into this because it makes you feel better to dog out 40 guys that busted the butts for the last 8 years to have a less that fulfilling season then go for it. Because when you say things like that, it doesnt effect me...you are talking about a bunch of HS kids. Good Job:clap:

again...you go assuming things...like i said you dont know me so dont assume things about what im saying...not once did i say somethin about a bunch of highschool kids..yah i said good luck next year and i know you dont go to highschool anymore im not an "idiot" i promise even though you seem to think different and started blabbin your mouth before you knew what was happening...and trust me i have done my share of bustin butt to so why would i degrade those that are still doing it???? again you dont know do assume things about me either...and dont call me an idiot please...

as of this moment im done talkin this with you cause it will only get worst and the rest of the people dont need to see any of it...wanna talk pm but if not then im done..good luck to rockdale next season (wylie is out to so dont take that personally)