PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts of the heisman race, why bush wins...

AggieJohn
12-03-2005, 04:19 PM
so many people after the fresno game was going to give the heisman to bush...513 total yards, tha's rediculous

okay so everyone says that VY had a chance if he put up big numbers today, and granted a 70 point win is big, but my only thought is that today he has had 192 yards of passing.....and 42 yards of rushing, i don't think that that is good enough and that the a&m game ultimately killed his chances....

that also being said.......i thinkn that vince had like 7games before a&m that just were numbers astounding...however he tripped at the A&M game.....where as bush has had mediocre, but good numbers all year....but blew up in front of a lot of people with the fresno game and then the UCLA game he'll be a feature back since lendale is a game time decision.....so he should have a huge day....

that all being said, i think that his A&M trip up costs him the heisman, although i think that he's been a better player all year.....

and KTJ and folks i am honestly trying to be as objective as i can....

your thoughts...

3afan
12-03-2005, 04:22 PM
so is that a moral victory for aTm ? keeping VY from winning the heisman?

gobblerfan02
12-03-2005, 04:23 PM
I WANT TO SEE USC LOSE, END OF STORY!

injuredinmelee
12-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I thinkt he fact that UT kicked the crap out of everyone they played that last few weeks before ATM hurt Vince. The fact that Bush plays on a crappy team in a crappy conference and they have top leave him in the entire game every week helps him.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Bush wins this because he had his "statement" game after Radio. If VY could flip flop his stats from OSU and A&M...then he wins the Heisman! It's not that Reggie is that much better...it's that his big game is more recent, hence the "what have you done for me lately" kinda thing...

AggieJohn
12-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I thinkt he fact that UT kicked the crap out of everyone they played that last few weeks before ATM hurt Vince. The fact that Bush plays on a crappy team in a crappy conference and they have top leave him in the entire game every week helps him. but to the credit of USC, texas leaves vince in WAYYYYY to long and has been about 50 percent of the reason that he's up for the heisman in the first place....

and unfortunately, the A&M game, despite the 11 point loss kind of was a moral victory....but moral victories are like taking a shower with your sister, it's just no good.....

Go TEXAS

DaRaiderz
12-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Reggie Bush won the Heisman before the Fresno game, it was just icing on the cake. Actually, that Fresno game has lost some of its luster considering the Bulldogs have followed that close loss by laying an egg against Nevada and getting spanked by Louisiana Tech.

As Beano Cook once said, you win the Heisman by beating Notre Dame or playing for Notre Dame. Bush was the best player on the field and on the winning team in the game of the year on national TV. He won it that afternoon.

and this opinion is coming from a Longhorn fan

turbostud
12-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
so many people after the fresno game was going to give the heisman to bush...513 total yards, tha's rediculous

okay so everyone says that VY had a chance if he put up big numbers today, and granted a 70 point win is big, but my only thought is that today he has had 192 yards of passing.....and 42 yards of rushing, i don't think that that is good enough and that the a&m game ultimately killed his chances....

that also being said.......i thinkn that vince had like 7games before a&m that just were numbers astounding...however he tripped at the A&M game.....where as bush has had mediocre, but good numbers all year....but blew up in front of a lot of people with the fresno game and then the UCLA game he'll be a feature back since lendale is a game time decision.....so he should have a huge day....

that all being said, i think that his A&M trip up costs him the heisman, although i think that he's been a better player all year.....

and KTJ and folks i am honestly trying to be as objective as i can....

your thoughts...

I think everyones thoughts are on the Rose Bowl. Heisman next year.

KingRob
12-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
so is that a moral victory for aTm ? keeping VY from winning the heisman?

Now this is a REALLY good comeback..

AggieJohn
12-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I think everyones thoughts are on the Rose Bowl. Heisman next year.

i doubt that, i think vince wants it this year......

HighSchool Fan
12-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i doubt that, i think vince wants it this year......

you post indicates that you think Vince would rather have the Heisman than the National Championship. that's one of the craziest things i've ever heard.

gobblerfan02
12-03-2005, 04:56 PM
I think they need to wait after the rose bowl, then decide!

setex
12-03-2005, 05:26 PM
That run by Bush just now is why he will win the Heisman.

Pmoney
12-03-2005, 05:37 PM
who cares who wins the heisman whoever wins it always sucks it up in the pros anyways except for some exceptions.....Vince Young will lead the Longhorns into the Rose Bowl against Reggie Bush and the Trojans....and Vince will be holding the National Championship trophy at the end

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow that's why, runs like that.