PDA

View Full Version : Texas is whippin Col.

turbostud
12-03-2005, 02:25 PM
35-3

bjrod9
12-03-2005, 02:25 PM
colorado looks like they really want to go home already

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 02:27 PM
did u expect anything different??? haha just remembered, Herbstreit picked UT by 35 to 40. I'm disappointed that this is considered the Big 12 Championship Game...

bjrod9
12-03-2005, 02:28 PM
nope... just thought the buffs would have a little fight in them

Old Tiger
12-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Studdard is a scary lookin guy...bald headed w/ a full beard...intimidating

VAMike
12-03-2005, 02:52 PM
This gives the uninformed ammuntion to argue about the Big XII weakness this year.

3afan
12-03-2005, 02:55 PM
hey Mike - talked to some folks from the No VA Fastpitch Softball Umpires Assoc ... may do some HS ball in the western suburbs in the spring

but dang its gonna be cold!!!

VAMike
12-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Good deal!!! Can they play softball in the snow?? ;-)

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 03:00 PM
The big 12 championship should be the two teams with the best records in confrence

3afan
12-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
Good deal!!! Can they play softball in the snow?? ;-)

geez I hope not - if they do you wont see me, thats for sure!

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 03:42 PM
70-3 this is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 min to go in 3rd

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
70-3 this is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 min to go in 3rd

Mac is an idiot if he scores over 80, he is lucky that he is at a school that wont have to see it come around for awhile.

VAMike
12-03-2005, 03:46 PM
He has backups in there. Can't tell them to not play. If they score, they score.

3afan
12-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Mac is an idiot if he scores over 80, he is lucky that he is at a school that wont have to see it come around for awhile.

what would you like him to do? tell the offensive reserves to just take a knee?

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 03:49 PM

What do you have against Texas dude??? Would you rather him just mock Colorado and take a knee every play? Geez...it's what happens when a top team plays a crappy one! I didn't see you on here griping when A&M beat SMU 66-3...

sahen
12-03-2005, 03:50 PM
looks like to me they need to tell Colorado to hold on to the ball if they dont want them to score anymore...

Old Tiger
12-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Klatt is barely making it to the locker room due to the hit to the head.

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What do you have against Texas dude??? Would you rather him just mock Colorado and take a knee every play? Geez...it's what happens when a top team plays a crappy one! I didn't see you on here griping when A&M beat SMU 66-3...

Actually it was 66-8 and that was for a whole game. This was 70 to 3 with 7 min left in the 3rd. I also said if they score over 80.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Actually it was 66-8 and that was for a whole game. This was 70 to 3 with 7 min left in the 3rd. I also said if they score over 80.

you didn't answer my question bud? Keep trying though...

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:03 PM
There are things you can do other than taking a knee to get a game over quicker and he is starting to do some of them!

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 04:05 PM
There are things you can do other than taking a knee to get a game over quicker and he is starting to do some of them! run backwards:D

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:07 PM
What do I have against texas? Nothing. I just see everything for what it is!

turbostud
12-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
run backwards:D

Turn the ball over on purpose.:D

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:08 PM
There are things you can do other than taking a knee to get a game over quicker and he is starting to do some of them!

Have you not noticed that EVERY time that Texas gets up on a team big at half that they ALWAYS run the ball in the 2nd half??? Heck have you noticed that Nordgren has thrown all of 9 passes this season as the backup? He has appeared in 11 games by the way. There are few "classier" coaches than Mack Brown when it comes to handling situations in the appropriate manner. Then again...I love how you were quick to say he was an "idiot" but now won't try and back it up once you get called on it! :eek:

Also, how is there any faster way to end a game than by taking a knee? It never stops the clock whereas a running play CAN stop the clock if the ball is fumbled and the other team recovers or if the runner goes out of bounds.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:09 PM
What do I have against texas? Nothing. I just see everything for what it is!

and that is??? Texas is that much better than Colorado! Also note that CU came in as the #2 rush defense...and they were blown out at halftime! Kansas came in to Austin as the #1 rush defense...and they were blown out at halftime!!!

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:11 PM

Actually you should read before you open your mouth, I said if he scores over 80!

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:17 PM

Also, how is there any faster way to end a game than by taking a knee? or if the runner goes out of bounds.

Your learning, as a coach you tell the players not to go out of bounds. Taking a knee will average taking off 105 to 115 sec so you are going to tell me that a coach could not use a poss. to take off more time than that.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Actually you should read before you open your mouth, I said if he scores over 80!

Mack doesn't score the points sir. I read exactly what you said, hence the reason I put the word idiot in quotations. So are you going to answer my question as to why you think Mack is an idiot for scoring? Then again...what is that much nicer about putting 70 on a scoreboard than 80??? NOTHING!!! Geez...stop backpeddling and avoiding my original question...WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST TEXAS AND MACK BROWN???

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Your learning, as a coach you tell the players not to go out of bounds. Taking a knee will average taking off 105 to 115 sec so you are going to tell me that a coach could not use a poss. to take off more time than that.

assuming they get a first down...then yes. Otherwise...it won't make a difference. You aren't getting anywhere here bud...just making observations...make a point or climb back in your hole!

Old Tiger
12-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Someone should nominate Richmond McGee for that performance on that "Running Into the Kicker" call

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Mack doesn't score the points sir. I read exactly what you said, hence the reason I put the word idiot in quotations. So are you going to answer my question as to why you think Mack is an idiot for scoring? Then again...what is that much nicer about putting 70 on a scoreboard than 80??? NOTHING!!! Geez...stop backpeddling and avoiding my original question...WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST TEXAS AND MACK BROWN???

Well it all started when he decided to leave him in after half-time to give him a chance at the heisman, in my opinion that is stupid. Alot of teams put 70 on the board how many put up 80 in a blowout?

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:27 PM
assuming they get a first down...then yes. Otherwise...it won't make a difference. You aren't getting anywhere here bud...just making observations...make a point or climb back in your hole!

You who said they are unstopable now want to say you do not think they could get a first down.

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:29 PM
And the point of all this is you made it into a texas thing and yes I can back up my points all day.(well until I go eat before watching usc and ucla)

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:30 PM
You who said they are unstopable now want to say you do not think they could get a first down.

go ahead and show me where I said this...

I'm giving up on trying to discuss anything with you because you won't discuss...you just nitpick. Then again...we haven't discussed anything anyways because you haven't made any points to discuss...just observations! Good day...

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:32 PM
And the point of all this is you made it into a texas thing and yes I can back up my points all day.(well until I go eat before watching usc and ucla)

umm...this thread IS about UT/Colorado game...were we ever discussing another game? You stated that Mack was an idiot if he scored over 80...I called you on your BS...and you just keep on dodging it. I think mom's got your meatloaf ready now so better go eat! :D

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Bottom line is I think Mack did a great job keeping the score respectable.

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:37 PM
umm...this thread IS about UT/Colorado game...were we ever discussing another game? You stated that Mack was an idiot if he scored over 80...I called you on your BS...and you just keep on dodging it. I think mom's got your meatloaf ready now so better go eat! :D

You said why do I have anything against Texas and I told you I don't I would have said that about any team in a blowout win.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Bottom line is I think Mack did a great job keeping the score respectable.

again...when has 70 been WIDELY considered respectable and anything more than that not? You may consider it respectable to cover yourself...but ask anybody and Colorado got taken behind the woodshed today. I doubt you can find anybody on that team that will say "man...I'm glad they scored 70 points on us today...that was so respectful of them to do so."

MOM...MEATLOAF!!! You better hurry downstairs before it's all gone!

Pmoney
12-03-2005, 04:45 PM
I CAN SMELL THE ROSES
HOOK 'EM HORNS

whtfbplaya
12-03-2005, 04:48 PM
again...when has 70 been WIDELY considered respectable and anything more than that not? You may consider it respectable to cover yourself...but ask anybody and Colorado got taken behind the woodshed today. I doubt you can find anybody on that team that will say "man...I'm glad they scored 70 points on us today...that was so respectful of them to do so."

MOM...MEATLOAF!!! You better hurry before it's all gone!

LOL You are kidding yourself if you think you can make a point I will agree with here. Everyone knows colorado got killed today, but Mack did end up doing a great job of managing the game after he took Vince out. It is not so much the total amout of points but more when and how they were scored. Such as a blocked punt up by 60.

Tell your mom to hang on a sec, I am on my way.

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 04:52 PM
LOL You are kidding yourself if you think you can make a point I will agree with here. Everyone knows colorado got killed today, but Mack did end up doing a great job of managing the game after he took Vince out. It is not so much the total amout of points but more when and how they were scored. Such as a blocked punt up by 60.

Tell your mom to hang on a sec, I am on my way.

you are my hero!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: