PDA

View Full Version : Was That Wos?

3rdone
12-03-2005, 12:09 PM
I was at the game last night. I have to say hats off to Wimberly. You guys played a hell of a game. Now to the nitty gritty....

That was probably the weakest WOS defense I have ever seen!!!! What was the deal with all the chain gain talk. I have seen not so good defenses at WOS, but that takes the cake.

I was embarassed for WOS. I'll give you this, Wimberly would probably do damage in 5A! But come on...52 pts allowed!! Yeah I know that some pts were from turnovers, but when they read the paper in the morning the score still says 52-29.

I live in SA and I read this forum everyday at work, but feel no need to post, but I had to after that game. I keep hearing how Bridge City almost beat WOS, and how they lost to Huffman last year, yada, yada, yada. So I made it down for the game to see for myself if WOS had fallen off or if other teams had gotten that good. I have to say WOS has fallen way off. I hope they turn that program around (defensively).

All that being said, I was a former Mustang and was in the stands with quite a few former stangs and we all had the sentiment. I was QB at WOS so I have a lot of pride in the school. I understand how it feels to lose. My senior year we were ranked #2 in 4A, and off the field distrations messed up my senior year, so yeah I have been on that side of the ball. We probably had one of the more talented teams ever at WOS.

I KNOW THIS POST SOUNDS BAD BUT DAMN!!!!!! 52-29

shankbear
12-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Wimberley had the physical edge over WO-S in a big way. Their offensive line whipped WO-S badly. They wore them down and their offense moved the ball at will. The turnovers were created by pursuit and hitting, not some fluke. They whipped the Stangs in every category. WO-S outgained the Texans but a great deal of the yardage was between the twenties and resulted in nothing but statistics. This chaingang was spanked. Number 32 had a field day and they didn't drop off much when 24 got the ball.

The WO-S offense looked like it was in panic mode all night. There was little if any continuity in the play calling or in the execution. The passing was just sling it and pray football. Some plays looked as if they were drawn up in the dirt on the sideline.

Jody
12-03-2005, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3rdone
I was at the game last night. I have to say hats off to Wimberly. You guys played a hell of a game. Now to the nitty gritty....

That was probably the weakest WOS defense I have ever seen!!!! What was the deal with all the chain gain talk. I have seen not so good defenses at WOS, but that takes the cake.

I was embarassed for WOS. I'll give you this, Wimberly would probably do damage in 5A! But come on...52 pts allowed!! Yeah I know that some pts were from turnovers, but when they read the paper in the morning the score still says 52-29.

I live in SA and I read this forum everyday at work, but feel no need to post, but I had to after that game. I keep hearing how Bridge City almost beat WOS, and how they lost to Huffman last year, yada, yada, yada. So I made it down for the game to see for myself if WOS had fallen off or if other teams had gotten that good. I have to say WOS has fallen way off. I hope they turn that program around (defensively).

All that being said, I was a former Mustang and was in the stands with quite a few former stangs and we all had the sentiment. I was QB at WOS so I have a lot of pride in the school. I understand how it feels to lose. My senior year we were ranked #2 in 4A, and off the field distrations messed up my senior year, so yeah I have been on that side of the ball. We probably had one of the more talented teams ever at WOS.

I KNOW THIS POST SOUNDS BAD BUT DAMN!!!!!! 52-29 /QUOTE]

They are more hipe than talent. WOS 2004 and 2005 are trying to carry a history on their shoulders thay can only back-up with their mouths. Their defense is and has been weak all year. Look at the points per game allowed. If not for Beasley, they would have lost 3-4 games this year. A bad 4-A Bay City should have beat them by 3 TD's, but failed to run the ball early on in the game.

Mark My Words as the Gospel: Bridge City, Nederland (maybe Jasper) and PNG will beat WOS next year. They will be 2nd or 3rd in District.

Hupernikomen
12-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Nice to see some realistic WO-S posters. Cracks me up that one guy keeps pointing out how WO-S put up more yards than Wimberly. The one thing that told me that the chaingang was dominated was that Wimberly didn't punt the football until under 2:00 left in the football game. It does sound like that WO-S will bring back a lot of talent next year. I wonder if they will scrap the spread without Beasley and go back to the traditional WO-S offense?

Crimestick
12-03-2005, 12:31 PM
What about Kirbyville? Will they beat us?

I'm sorry, Jody. But all of the bite that your comments might otherwise have is completely wiped out by the fact that your team was bested on the field by SUCH a mediocre little four-loss team.

shankbear
12-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Jody, and I suppose that The Hill will simply dominate their new 4A district, eh? WO-S isn't just a school, it's a tradition. Sit back and watch...they will be back. I hope Hooks and the BH coach get the cajones to put each other on the schedule.

Hupernikomen
12-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Jody
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3rdone

I KNOW THIS POST SOUNDS BAD BUT DAMN!!!!!! 52-29 /QUOTE]

They are more hipe than talent. WOS 2004 and 2005 are trying to carry a history on their shoulders thay can only back-up with their mouths. Their defense is and has been weak all year. Look at the points per game allowed. If not for Beasley, they would have lost 3-4 games this year. A bad 4-A Bay City should have beat them by 3 TD's, but failed to run the ball early on in the game.

Mark My Words as the Gospel: Bridge City, Nederland (maybe Jasper) and PNG will beat WOS next year. They will be 2nd or 3rd in District.

Yeah you are right this is far from what the Chaingang use to be. I remember years when they gave up less than 100 yards per game on defense heading into the playoffs. Jasper will lose a lot more than WO-S so both of us may be sporting poor records heading into district play.

Gobbla2001
12-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Most of the WO-S posters have been pretty honest etc... after the loss... gotta respect that...

What's funny though is a fan of a team who couldn't hack it in the playoffs has made it his sole-purpose on this board to 'look down' on a team that was in the semi-finals...

Like a guy with no legs laughing at a guy with legs who slipped and fell... atleast he can walk...

Jody
12-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
What about Kirbyville? Will they beat us?

I'm sorry, Jody. But all of the bite that your comments might otherwise have is completely wiped out by the fact that your team was bested on the field by SUCH a mediocre little four-loss team.

No question we choked and lost. This loss for WOS is so great beacuse of all the hot air that comes out of WOS poster mouths on the WOS board and here. Go to WOS board and you would think they could compete with Payton Manning.

"TEAM SPEED"...... now there is a laugh :rolleyes:

shankbear
12-03-2005, 12:35 PM
You said it right Gobbla. He's the one that didn't have a date to the dance that was pointing out how bad everbody else danced.

Crimestick
12-03-2005, 12:35 PM
What's funny though is a fan of a team who couldn't hack it in the playoffs has made it his sole-purpose on this board to 'look down' on a team that was in the semi-finals...

LOL! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Crimestick
12-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Or like the kid who got dumped by the Ag Farm slut poking fun at the kid who was dumped by the prom queen.

3rdone
12-03-2005, 12:56 PM
The offensive play calling couldn't have been worse. My mom doesn't know anything about football, and she asked me why do they only run 2 plays!!!! LOL! I think the coaches lost this game more than Wimberly won it.

Wimberly no doubt beat the hell out of WOS, but you should be a team with 2 plays, 4 turnovers, and only 4 guys on defense. Did they have 11 on defense? Wimberly is good, but waht I saw last night is a FAR cry from a traditional WOS football team. Hell when Newton won it all in 3A WOS beat them 14-0....that was WOS football. What I saw last night was terrible.

THE PLAY CALLING!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Has WOS ever heard of a quick slant, or the short passing game, maybe a reverse. They could've used some of that speed, but the play calling was so bad that speed didn't matter.

You can't run the WHOLE game and then throw it up every once in a while. Your QB needs to establish a rhythm. That is where the short passing game comes in. And another thing, everybody knew Beasley was going to run, so what do you do when a team knows that?... GO TO THE QUICK SHORT PASSES AND THEN MAYBE THAT SOFTENS UP THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD SO HE CAN RUN!!!!!! IT'S REALLY NOT THAT HARD!!!! THEY GOT OUTCOACHED MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!! Was that loud enough???? Did the coaches in Orange hear that.

They did the same thing to us when I played. Run 3 plays out of different formations and hope it works...Nebraska style football (old)

Hindsight2020
12-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Jody Mark My Words as the Gospel: Bridge City, Nederland (maybe Jasper) and PNG will beat WOS next year. They will be 2nd or 3rd in District. [/B]

who said we are playing nederland or png next year??? we are not playing nederland next year. no one knows what the preseason schedule will be. hell, we don't even know who will be in our district next year.

how bout the wo-s boys and girls basketball teams?? they are looking pretty good. that girls team is outstanding. :D

gold_33
12-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
This chaingang was spanked. Number 32 had a field day and they didn't drop off much when 24 got the ball.

Yeah #32 just a junior and #24 is a sophmore.

Hindsight2020
12-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Yeah #32 just a junior and #24 is a sophmore.

those are two outstanding atheletes that are great to have back. those guys are very good.

X Man
12-03-2005, 02:02 PM
This kid is a joke when he talks about WOS being full of hot air. How many teams in Texas have a 13-1 record right now? West Orange-Stark has a great team this year, that got beat by a better team. IN FACT, that team should win the state title. WOS has gone deep in the playoffs AGAIN, just like they probably will next year. A PNG resident said last night, "You see the same teams in the playoffs, year after year, and West Orange is always one of them." That says a lot for the WOS program. I am proud of the record and the tradition. No one here is ashamed of the loss. The shame is not being able to get this far, yet want to throw rocks at those who did. That applies to kids to any of you jealous trolls.

X Man
12-03-2005, 02:07 PM
To 3rdone. You hit it on the money. Several of us have been fed up with the OC's program for several years. In fact, the only time we have done good with him, is when we have had exceptional atheletes that make things happen. With all that said, I cannot blame the loss last night on the OC, but I can say that with a different offensive plan, the score would not have been so lopsided.

X Man
12-03-2005, 04:28 PM
jody and barker, that's for you.

wos fan1
12-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jody
No question we choked and lost. This loss for WOS is so great beacuse of all the hot air that comes out of WOS poster mouths on the WOS board and here. Go to WOS board and you would think they could compete with Payton Manning.

"TEAM SPEED"...... now there is a laugh :rolleyes: Like i said once before Jody at least we made it to the Semi Finals!! That's not to bad, what's you think???

X Man
12-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah, check my earlier post, and you begin to understand his behavoir.

wos fan1
12-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020
those are two outstanding atheletes that are great to have back. those guys are very good. He just can't stand it because we went farther than them with a much better team.

DaRaiderz
12-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I personally predicted Wimberly would win state after they kicked the tar out of West Columbia. I thought West Columbia was the best team in D1 and they manhandled them. I thought their victory over WOS was no suprise at all and WOS should have no shame in their performance.

As for this Barbers Hill guy, Ive been reading your posts for some time. Shut up. What in the world have ya'll done in the last 10 years except go into the playoffs undefeated or with one loss year after year and end up through with your season before Thanksgiving. You obviously dont like WOS and thats fine but you just make yourself look ignorant by always ranting about how bad they suck.

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 3rdone
The offensive play calling couldn't have been worse. My mom doesn't know anything about football, and she asked me why do they only run 2 plays!!!! LOL! I think the coaches lost this game more than Wimberly won it.

Wimberly no doubt beat the hell out of WOS, but you should be a team with 2 plays, 4 turnovers, and only 4 guys on defense. Did they have 11 on defense? Wimberly is good, but waht I saw last night is a FAR cry from a traditional WOS football team. Hell when Newton won it all in 3A WOS beat them 14-0....that was WOS football. What I saw last night was terrible.

THE PLAY CALLING!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Has WOS ever heard of a quick slant, or the short passing game, maybe a reverse. They could've used some of that speed, but the play calling was so bad that speed didn't matter.

You can't run the WHOLE game and then throw it up every once in a while. Your QB needs to establish a rhythm. That is where the short passing game comes in. And another thing, everybody knew Beasley was going to run, so what do you do when a team knows that?... GO TO THE QUICK SHORT PASSES AND THEN MAYBE THAT SOFTENS UP THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD SO HE CAN RUN!!!!!! IT'S REALLY NOT THAT HARD!!!! THEY GOT OUTCOACHED MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!! Was that loud enough???? Did the coaches in Orange hear that.

They did the same thing to us when I played. Run 3 plays out of different formations and hope it works...Nebraska style football (old)

:crazy: :crazy:

And the excuses begin. WOS lost more than Wimberely won. You just said yourself that you had not seen them play all year. So what are you basing that assumption off of?

wos fan1
12-03-2005, 07:19 PM
No but you have to start crap don't you!! :mad:

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
No but you have to start crap don't you!! :mad:

How am I starting crap? I was asking a question. If someone hasn't seen a team play all season until last night, then how do you come to the conclusion that WOS lost more than Wimberely won? Because in the past WOS has had a good defense? Or because a biased party had told that person that WOS had a good defense? Or was it because a newspaper or a few newspapers had said that? Or because they were undefeated until then?

The only realistic answer was the last one, and it doesnt hold much water with me because Wimberely was undefeated also and hanging 50 points on teams all season. If me being a subjective, unbiased person that calls it like I see it stirs you up then I am sorry. The truth is the better team may have lost in your opinion, but if WOS is as perfect as some want to believe then they would have won.

Crimestick
12-03-2005, 07:40 PM
I think most WO-S posters who have followed us all year have admitted that Wimberley won because they were better, so don't attack the rest of us because of a post from someone who obviously isn't much of a Stang fan?

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I think most WO-S posters who have followed us all year have admitted that Wimberley won because they were better, so don't attack the rest of us because of a post from someone who obviously isn't much of a Stang fan?

Wasnt really trying to attack anyone....rather make a point.

West22
12-03-2005, 07:46 PM
For wos 1 WHO CONTINUES TO BASH BH KEEP IN MIND THAT BH LOST A OUSTANDING QB MIDWAY THREW THE YEAR .I THINK HE HAS BEEN RECURITED BY RICE .THE REPLACEMENT DID A GOOD JOB BUT PUT THE SAME SENERIO ON WOS AND HOW WOULD THEY HAVE DONE IN PLAYOFFS WITH A REPLACMRNT QB.?

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by West22
For wos 1 WHO CONTINUES TO BASH BH KEEP IN MIND THAT BH LOST A OUSTANDING QB MIDWAY THREW THE YEAR .I THINK HE HAS BEEN RECURITED BY RICE .THE REPLACEMENT DID A GOOD JOB BUT PUT THE SAME SENERIO ON WOS AND HOW WOULD THEY HAVE DONE IN PLAYOFFS WITH A REPLACMRNT QB.?

I think my above post applies to you also.

"Excuses are band aids for a wounded ego."

mac77
12-03-2005, 08:41 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but I saw the Columbia slaughter up close and personal and I dare say that WOS doesn't have anything to be ashamed of. Alot of good teams have been taken to the woodshed by the Texans this year. Wimberley is as good a 3A team as I have ever seen.

Crimestick
12-03-2005, 11:02 PM
What year, 3rdone?

Supertilley
12-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Please, give it up. Wo-s lost. They were not ready for the game and came in unprepared. The Chain Gang was not there. Kinda looked like the A&M of today trying to be the wrecking crew once again. It's not there and it's because of numbers. Winberly did the perfect game plan by running behing #78 all night and getting 6-7 yards every time on first down. Wo-s only had six in the box all night and 78 could take out two every play. That left 5-4 all night advantage to wimberly. It was a hard fought game and wo-s never gave up.

By the way, B-H will allways have a week predistrict and allways get blown out in the play offs.

O and Jody sux.

RBARKER
12-04-2005, 11:51 AM

Oh oh I know! pick me teach! pick me.

The answer is Huffman knocks them out of round one AGAIN!!

wos fan1
12-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Wouldn't have happened! We got more great ones coming up next year!:nerd:

EAGLETOWN
12-04-2005, 01:30 PM

I am not making excuses before I start I am just stating facts.

We lost and now we are watching everyone else play football while we are getting ready for basketball.

The sad part about the whole thing is it is a what could have been situation.

Everyone knows that here.

You know probally kind of like if WOS would have lost Beasley, or if Wimberly would have lost Buse.

I think with Chris we had a solid enough defense we could play with anyone.

Up until the K-Ville game our defense only gave up 12 or 14 points a game and our offense averaged 35 or 38 and that was with averaging 3 or 4 turnovers a game.

If we would have had Chris during this time the Offense would have probally average over 40 and the defense would have gave up less than 7.

The rash of turnovers did not start till we lost Chris.

We lost a 3 year starter an All State Honorable Mention QB from last year before district.

A heck of an all around athlete.

Even with that we still managed to go 2 games deep with the back up QB a Senior that did a out standing job.

But because of his lack of experience there were just miss communications some times.

Sure we did not go as far as we would have liked for sure, and then we lost to a weaker, but good K-Ville team that spent their load against us and got dominated the next week.

We had been hampered with fumbleitious since we lost Chris.

In the last few years with him as a starter fumbles were not really an issue this year the fumbles were terrible after we lost him.

It did not help that there were some terrible calls in the K-Ville game, I mean terrible calls that cost us the game.

One TD for them that they fumbled the ball and just got it back no explanation just got the ball back and another chance and a TD catch for us that was ruled OB.

In the K-Ville game we just made two to many mistakes period bad calls or not we gave up a 99 yard drive when we had them on their goal line and two fumbles inside our own 35.

Our kicker was soild all year and we missed enough extra points alone to have won the game.

When you are in the playoffs you got to hold on to the ball and minimise mistakes we did not, kind of like what WOS did against Wimberly.

Sure WOS went farther than we did, but it sure was nice to know how excited the WOS coaches were after the Cleveland game knowing they would not have to play us in the first round.

It was plain a simple they did not want none of the Hill reguard less of how bad all of the WOS fans and BH fans on the Downlow wanted to see it.

Maybe we can get hooked up next year.

It would be great!!

Crimestick
12-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Hey, shouldn't this thread be titled "Barber's Hill Excuses Thread?"

LOLOLOL! :D :clap:

It was plain a simple they did not want none of the Hill

I'll take a piece of anyone who can't hang with KIRBYVILLE!

EAGLETOWN
12-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey, shouldn't this thread be titled "Barber's Hill Excuses Thread?"

LOLOLOL! :D :clap:

HEEE HEEE!!!

HAAA HAAA!!!

You are so freakin funny.

Is that a class they offer at WOS.

How to be a comedian and come up with stuff like that.

Sorry.....

Was not that funny

I think you need a new teacher.

:D Jody could do it!! :D

I'll take a piece of anyone who can't hang with KIRBYVILLE!

:doh: You might but your coaches wouldn't. :doh:

:clap: They had better sense and new you would have been playing basketball a lot sooner than you are right now!! :clap:

Crimestick
12-04-2005, 04:49 PM
WO-S: Lost in state semis to the eventual champion (trust me).
Kirbyville: Lost in the second round to a team who lost to WO-S, Bridge City and Jasper in blowouts.

I doubt we're shaking over here. We just like a challenging pre-district schedule.

EAGLETOWN
12-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Kirbyville: Lost in the second round to a team who lost to WO-S, Bridge City and Jasper in blowouts.

I doubt we're shaking over here. We just like a challenging pre-district schedule.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Say what you will, but had we not lost Chris things would be a lot different, but we did and that is football.

So the joke is on us an we will take our thrashing, just remember this because your time will come the shoe will be on the other foot and we will be waiting in the wings with loaded guns for ya.

HEEE!!! HEEE!!!

Crimestick
12-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Woulda coulda shoulda! Sounds like you had a one man team (like you accuse us of)!

shankbear
12-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Eagleboy, yall would wet your pants if that team, with or without chris, stepped on the field with WO-S.

footsball
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Eagleboy, yall would wet your pants if that team, with or without chris, stepped on the field with WO-S.
now i know you are teasing. wos had a great team and great season, and congrats to all the players. as far as wetting your pants, you havent seen our defensive line, they can blow anyone on wos ofensive line off the ball as far as they want.
one of the things that hurt us against h-j and kville was the loss of the starting rdt which was the reason h-j and kville put up so many yards on the ground.

wos fan1
12-04-2005, 07:02 PM
:crazy:

RBARKER
12-04-2005, 07:05 PM

Crimestick for the last time WOS did not play K-ville!! You can't count on a scrimmage that happened before the season started. Shut up already:hand: WOS lost and no matter what you think of the Hill WOS got spanked!!!!!

wos fan1
12-04-2005, 07:07 PM
We would have taken Kirbyville out before the end of the 3rd Quarter anyway just like the scrimmage. Their Coach even said after that he's glad he doesn't play WOS. :p

RBARKER
12-04-2005, 07:26 PM
We would have taken Kirbyville out before the end of the 3rd Quarter anyway just like the scrimmage. Their Coach even said after that he's glad he doesn't play WOS. :p

I bet the coach said that:doh: That falls in line with what I heard " that the WOS coaches were jumping around a squeling like little girls when Huffman beat Cleveland" Beleive what ever makes ya feal good

:D

Crimestick
12-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Um.. I think a 30-point win with all of the starters in tells ya something, even if it doesn't go toward your record. What about the Jasper and BC losses by Kville? They were a third-rate team and they beat you. What does that make you?

wos fan1
12-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
I bet the coach said that:doh: That falls in line with what I heard " that the WOS coaches were jumping around a squeling like little girls when Huffman beat Cleveland" Beleive what ever makes ya feal good

:D He did!

wos-84
12-04-2005, 07:51 PM
It would'nt matter if we played the hill and shut them out, some of them bozos would still have no respect for wos and thats ok. Dont know why you think you guys are so good when you never have gone the distance. some of you hill guys or girls talk the talk but your team cant walk the walk. I know we talk the talk sometimes but at least we have made the walk all the way to state on more than a couple of times. Good luck wimberley as you deserve the title this year for your exceptional games.

West22
12-04-2005, 08:49 PM
AS FAR AS THE BASHING GOING ON BY THE WOS FANS ON BH I CANNOT BLAME YOU FOR BEING PROUD OF YOUR TEAM.THE TRUTH IS BH DID LOSE A GREAT QB THAT HURT THEIR TEAM JUST LIKE JASPER LOSING THEIR QB.WOS HAS TO REALIZE THAT THEIR WERE PROBABLY AT LEAST 10 TEAMS IN 3A THAT WOULD NOT HAVE PROBLEMS BEATING WOS .KEEP IN MIND CAMERON WHO DEFEATED HUTTO EARLY IN THE YEAR WERE BEATEN BADLY BY HUTTO IN LAST NIGHTS GAME .THEY LOST THEIR TOP RECIEVER A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO .THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A FACTOR ?

footsball
12-04-2005, 09:04 PM
AS FAR AS THE BASHING GOING ON BY THE WOS FANS ON BH I CANNOT BLAME YOU FOR BEING PROUD OF YOUR TEAM.THE TRUTH IS BH DID LOSE A GREAT QB THAT HURT THEIR TEAM JUST LIKE JASPER LOSING THEIR QB.WOS HAS TO REALIZE THAT THEIR WERE PROBABLY AT LEAST 10 TEAMS IN 3A THAT WOULD NOT HAVE PROBLEMS BEATING WOS .KEEP IN MIND CAMERON WHO DEFEATED HUTTO EARLY IN THE YEAR WERE BEATEN BADLY BY HUTTO IN LAST NIGHTS GAME .THEY LOST THEIR TOP RECIEVER A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO .THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A FACTOR ?
we lost more than 1 player

GS#17
12-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Yes, and WOS lost two starting linemen due to a hurricane.... You can only gauge teams as to where they are at a certain time and how certain matchups would transpire in a game situation.

WOS lost to Wimberley, a team that has, more or less, a 50-50 shot at being state champions. At this point, the only thing we know for sure is the only loss WOS had this entire season was to a potential state champion, who may very well be unbeatable in the 3A ranks at this time (or may have been unbeatable on Friday night). You think ten other teams could've beaten WOS, but the fact is nobody knows or will ever know.

footsball
12-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
Yes, and WOS lost two starting linemen due to a hurricane.... You can only gauge teams as to where they are at a certain time and how certain matchups would transpire in a game situation.

WOS lost to Wimberley, a team that has, more or less, a 50-50 shot at being state champions. At this point, the only thing we know for sure is the only loss WOS had this entire season was to a potential state champion, who may very well be unbeatable in the 3A ranks at this time (or may have been unbeatable on Friday night). You think ten other teams could've beaten WOS, but the fact is nobody knows or will ever know.
amen brother, that is a fact!

footsball
12-04-2005, 09:18 PM
gs what did happen to the 2 linemen wos losted? i never heard

Crimestick
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Their families moved - one to Humble and I forget where the other moved. I would imagine their homes suffered some catastrophic damage, but that's speculation.

GS#17
12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
The two linemen went to Houston-area schools -- I can't remember which ones off the top of my head.

WOS1
12-04-2005, 09:39 PM
One went to Richmond Foster, the other went to Humble. We also lost another lineman to an ACL and an MCL injury.

Hupernikomen
12-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by wos-84
It would'nt matter if we played the hill and shut them out, some of them bozos would still have no respect for wos and thats ok. Dont know why you think you guys are so good when you never have gone the distance. some of you hill guys or girls talk the talk but your team cant walk the walk. I know we talk the talk sometimes but at least we have made the walk all the way to state on more than a couple of times. Good luck wimberley as you deserve the title this year for your exceptional games.

BH has an equal number of state championships as WO-S..been 30 years since BH had one and 20 years for WO-S..roughly speaking.

wos-84
12-04-2005, 10:29 PM
my appologys, did'nt know you won state. my bad, must of had a jody moment.;)

Hupernikomen
12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by wos-84
my appologys, did'nt know you won state. my bad, must of had a jody moment.;)

BH has good history. They went through a span of bad years but have been the class of 3A in their area for quite a few years now. Very good program. They do seem to lose out of the playoffs a lot sooner than they should.

wos-84
12-04-2005, 10:39 PM
It seems that there is no one that has dominated our local 3A as bh has, but I see wos being the dominate 3A team in our area for years to come. Tradition is just a way of life here. Good luck next year in which ever class yall end up in.

wos fan1
12-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
BH has an equal number of state championships as WO-S..been 30 years since BH had one and 20 years for WO-S..roughly speaking. What Classification was BH in when they won State? How many NFL players have they produced??

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2005, 08:00 AM
What Classification was BH in when they won State? How many NFL players have they produced??

Before the 70's when your coach Hooks played at BH no body wanted to play BH as per the old timers.

It is put to us like we were a Odessa of that era if I could put it like that.

We won tons of titles then, but it was before the whole State thing.

We were the premere football town in the state.

We had the oil/money, we had the jobs, we had the players.

But I don't expect yall to believe that because it was a long time ago.

That is why I think it is funny how WOS goes on about their football tradition and they know nothing of how deep BHs tradition goes.

It just fell off for a while.

The years that we won State and was Co-State I do not recall what classification we were.

I am pretty sure we were smaller than 3A though.

I don't recall us ever having an NFL player from our school.

Is that a bad thing or something.

I think it is not.

It just goes to show how much heart and pride the players from BH have.

We won State and Co- State in the mid and late 70s.

We were down in the early 80s.

Then it started to pick up in the late 80s with playoff teams every few years into the mid 90s.

Then around 1998 we started a playoff run and have been every years since and most of them as District Champs.

We have been the team to beat in our area since 1998 for sure.

We can blame not going any farther than 3 game deep since 1998 on a lot of things, but I wont start that.

I'll just say this we didn't.

I guess the biggest thing that keeps me messing with WOS is Hooks is from BH.

He is a former BH player, graduate and BH coach.

He was a good friend of my uncles.

So IMO if not for "THE HILL" there would be no Hooks and further more no WOS.

He tried to come back and coach at BH and I still don't know why the School Board did not hire him back.

WOS92
12-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Reeeeeally? He tried to come back to BH? I never heard about that - at least not since he was at WO-S - and I'm sure we would have. Seems like a dumb career move to attempt.

I guess he just prefers to spread his roots in Orange at WO-S.

neck_06
12-05-2005, 08:33 AM
just for the record, Wimberley has made all the defenses they have played look silly, putting up 49+ on everyone in the playoffs. i believe that the main reason for this stomping of everyone is due to the running of buse, that guy just can't be stopped.

La Vernia---49 points
West Columbia---62 points
Hondo---56 points
West Orange Stark---52 points

WOS92
12-05-2005, 08:39 AM
A big part of it also is the defensive scoring - at least in our game. They scored two on D. Also, while Buse is good, it's that big lineman he's running behind who is blowing open some holes.

neck_06
12-05-2005, 08:45 AM
true, wimberley also scored two defensive tds against west columbia

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
Reeeeeally? He tried to come back to BH? I never heard about that - at least not since he was at WO-S - and I'm sure we would have. Seems like a dumb career move to attempt.

I guess he just prefers to spread his roots in Orange at WO-S.

Do you think you might not have heard because he did not want anyone to know due to it might effect his job at WOS.

As for a dumb career move seems like that was pretty smart there not to tell.

I guess maybe he just wanted to be back at home at BH.

Who would not want to coach at the school that they graduated from and poured their blood and sweat out on that same field they were standing on.

You would know something about that would'nt you

WOS92
12-05-2005, 09:26 AM
When was this, exactly?

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2005, 09:57 AM
I was told it was around 1994 or 1995 when we hired Coach Mc Galion.

Now go do your research paper and get back with me.

wos fan1
12-05-2005, 10:57 AM
No, Hooks would have never left WOS!

WOS92
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Hmm... Those seem like awfully strong years for him to have considered leaving. We almost beat eventual champion LaMarque in the third round in 95 and had one of the most talented teams in the state, including a future NFL WR. Hooks has always said he would retire from WO-S.

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Maybe so, but that is what I was told by a good source.

I was told he applied and in doing that we did have a chance at him.

Maybe he was just trying to see if he could get more money.

You know everyone has a price.

Maybe he was playing the Hill to see if they wanted him back bad enough.

WOS92
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I heard that he was edged out by the other applicants: Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

Dude, it didn't happen.

wos fan1
12-05-2005, 01:18 PM
No. It could have been another one of our Coaches. We beat some great 4A teams in that period as well.

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2005, 01:20 PM
:D You funny guy, you funny guy!!! :D

I did not say it did for sure happen it is what I heard and the source was a real reliable one.

You don't know for a fact he didn't.

There is no need to be in denial though.

:thinking:

:rolleyes: Heaven forbid he ever try to leave the "World Famous" West Orange Stark Mustangs. :rolleyes: :D

wos fan1
12-05-2005, 02:02 PM
He didn't. I've known Hooks for a long time.

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2005, 03:01 PM
He didn't. I've known Hooks for a long time.

OK if you say so I'll believe you!!

I've known you so long and you have never lied to me before.

After all you would not be saying that out of denial of me being right or because you are partial to WOS or anything.

:D

shankbear
12-05-2005, 03:06 PM
WHO REALLY GIVES A FAT RAT'S RECTUM. WHERE IS COACH HOOKS NOW??? Just the most successful head coach in Southeast Texas and one of the most prolific winners in the State.

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2005, 03:10 PM
:D Fat rats rectum now that is funny!!! :D

WOS1
12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I've only been able to find that BH won a (single) title in the 70's. When was the other?

wos fan1
12-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Also, what classification?

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I've only been able to find that BH won a (single) title in the 70's. When was the other?

They won 1A Co-State in 1972, and 1A State in 1976.

shankbear
12-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Co-state champions... a tie....isn't that what Darrell Royal used to compare to kissing your sister?

Rainman
12-05-2005, 05:08 PM
WO-S doesn't know how to win a close one against a great team. Second half in Katy taught us that.

Rainman
12-05-2005, 05:10 PM
At least we went alot farther than BH!

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand granades.
Two other schools will be immortalized, while WO-S hopes for better luck next year.

shankbear
12-05-2005, 05:18 PM
rainboy, everybody else is glad you went to barbers hill also.

WOS1
12-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
They won 1A Co-State in 1972, and 1A State in 1976.

Oh... then BH does not have an "equal" number of titles to WO-S. They have 1 1/2.

Tweeder215
12-05-2005, 06:19 PM
rainboy, everybody else is glad you went to barbers hill also.

I'm not. I hated to see him leave our offensive line as freshmen, years ago. The kid could play ball....

wos fan1
12-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh... then BH does not have an "equal" number of titles to WO-S. They have 1 1/2. They (BH) sure couldn't win TITLES in 4A like we did!!

WOS1
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand granades.
Two other schools will be immortalized, while WO-S hopes for better luck next year.

ooooh K... if that helps you cope.;)

WOS1
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I'm not. I hated to see him leave our offensive line as freshmen, years ago. The kid could play ball....

:confused: He moved from Sweetwater to BH? That's quite a move.

Tweeder215
12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
ooooh K... if that helps you cope.;)

I'm not sure what he has to cope with cause he is right WOS is lacing up the sneakers while his "real" hometown is still strong and kicking. Go ahead ask him where he was originally from?

Tweeder215
12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
:confused: He moved from Sweetwater to BH? That's quite a move.

Yes sir

WOS1
12-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Well, he graduated from, and is backing, the Hill, look at his sig.

X Man
12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Let it go guys. Barber's Hill is not a bad area, there are just a few guys there that want to try to run WOS down. Just let it go.

footsball
12-05-2005, 09:32 PM
it would be really nice to see an all district game played with the juniors from dist. 23 and 24 and promoted for college coaches to see what was coming up for the next year.:thinking:

West22
12-05-2005, 09:44 PM
As a rule when teams move down a classifaction they do very well if they have played well in the old class .Take Newton and Celina from 3a to 2a.Both doing very well .Take Sweetwater ,Wos, Snyder ,Monahans,Bridge City ,were all good 4a teams and doing good in 3a.How would say Wos do playing Highland Park ,Stephenville,Hebron ,Kilgore,Texas High, Ennis ,Corsicana now days ?Being honest I dont fell that they would go very far in the playoffs.The point is that teams going down do much better than going up ,so Ithink that B/H will have a period of developing in 4a if they go up.If Marlin,Wos ,or Tatum go down they should continue to win big .B/H won in 1A which is the 2a classifaction today and have been competive in 3a.So point is no team going down should have great difficulty winning and with time B/h will be winning in 4a.

WO-S 89
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
[

Unless your Southlake Carrol---They only loss 1 game in 5A and that was to Katy in the finals 2 years ago.

wos fan1
12-05-2005, 10:28 PM
As a rule when teams move down a classifaction they do very well if they have played well in the old class .Take Newton and Celina from 3a to 2a.Both doing very well .Take Sweetwater ,Wos, Snyder ,Monahans,Bridge City ,were all good 4a teams and doing good in 3a.How would say Wos do playing Highland Park ,Stephenville,Hebron ,Kilgore,Texas High, Ennis ,Corsicana now days ?Being honest I dont fell that they would go very far in the playoffs.The point is that teams going down do much better than going up ,so Ithink that B/H will have a period of developing in 4a if they go up.If Marlin,Wos ,or Tatum go down they should continue to win big .B/H won in 1A which is the 2a classifaction today and have been competive in 3a.So point is no team going down should have great difficulty winning and with time B/h will be winning in 4a. We would do well in 4A, we have before. State Championship game in 2000 in 4A. It's just a matter of time before we're back to the Title game in 3A. This is just our DC 2nd year from returning. He was here in the 80's and 90's. See SIG.

wos fan1
12-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I'm not sure what he has to cope with cause he is right WOS is lacing up the sneakers while his "real" hometown is still strong and kicking. Go ahead ask him where he was originally from? We made it to the semi finals, just LIKE you guys this week!! :rolleyes: