PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater VS Tatum

S-WtrMustangFan
12-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I don't know that much about Tatum but from what i hear there a pretty good team.Ofcorse if you've made it this far there is no such thing as a bad team.But i will still be taking my Mustangs to win.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2005, 10:39 AM
my last chance to pick a state champ winner. had Sweetwater as my div2 champs. so Goodluck next week and if in title game good luck in that also.:)

S-WtrMustangFan
12-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
my last chance to pick a state champ winner. had Sweetwater as my div2 champs. so Goodluck next week and if in title game good luck in that also.:) Thanks 4 your support Sintonfan.

etbu
12-03-2005, 10:48 AM
How can you root against the GOOD GUYS from ET. Not to bad for a school that has what 365 in their high school?

GO EAGLES

HillBoy
12-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Don't know to much about either team but good luck to both.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by etbu
How can you root against the GOOD GUYS from ET. Not to bad for a school that has what 365 in their high school?

GO EAGLES

Are you serious???:eek:

PlayaJBiehl20
12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Gotta go with S'water since they beat the Hawks.

Phantom Stang
12-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Who will win??

Sweetwater, of course!!:cool:

gobblerfan02
12-03-2005, 11:08 AM
I wanna see Skye Green and Sweetwater in the finals, I'm headed to the Reg. 3 game tonight to see the yoemen/hippo rematch!

Phantom Stang
12-03-2005, 11:19 AM

GO EAGLES

'Cause I root for the GOOD GUYS from WT!!

GO MUSTANGS!!!

etbu
12-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are you serious???:eek:
About what?

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 11:22 AM
About what?

Their enrollment!

etbu
12-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Their enrollment!
Yes Mam: They have a ton of money though i think due to a Lignight sp mine in the area or some type of plant that pumps money back into the school system.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Might as well go ahead a start a poll now and merge the threads!:)

etbu
12-03-2005, 11:27 AM
[:D

S-WtrMustangFan
12-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Might as well go ahead a start a poll now and merge the threads!:) Thank You !!!

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 11:36 AM

GO EAGLES There is a good possibility that they could go 2a next realignment.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
There is a good possibility that they could go 2a next realignment. Man as tough as they are in 3-A they will be deadly in 2-A.

injuredinmelee
12-03-2005, 12:38 PM
thats what everyone says about ewvery team that drops down no matter what classification.

Didnt they have a really good team a few years back? Had a reciever and a long Jumper that went to ou?

SnyTigBaseB07
i HOPE that s'water beats the crap outta Tatum...but in reality i have no idea how things are gonna work out..i dont know much about them.

injuredinmelee
Brandon Jones or something like that.

injuredinmelee
12-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
thats what everyone says about ewvery team that drops down no matter what classification.

Didnt they have a really good team a few years back? Had a reciever and a long Jumper that went to ou?

Never mind I got my teams mixed up. Im thinking of Liberty Eyluabdfdrasdf

Phantom Stang
12-03-2005, 12:41 PM
What offense does Tatum run?

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Never mind I got my teams mixed up. Im thinking of Liberty Eyluabdfdrasdf

injured, you wouldn't happen to be making our game now would you??

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 12:43 PM
I honestly don't know anything about Tatum and this is where being from Sweetwater comes into play. Sweetwater in a close one (10 or less).

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I honestly don't know anything about Tatum and this is where being from Sweetwater comes into play. Sweetwater in a close one (10 or less).

i'm assuming you will be making this game as well??

I Bleed Red08
12-03-2005, 12:49 PM
all i know is Brandon jones a.k.a. the fastest guy in the state doesnt play for their team he quit football 11 weeks into it this season because he wasnt having fun

I Bleed Red08
12-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
all i know is Brandon jones a.k.a. the fastest guy in the state doesnt play for their team he quit football 11 weeks into it this season because he wasnt having fun but thats cuero if we get that far

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 12:53 PM
all i know is Brandon jones a.k.a. the fastest guy in the state doesnt play for their team he quit football 11 weeks into it this season because he wasnt having fun

gaiken......its brandon james.....not jones

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'm assuming you will be making this game as well??

Haven't missed a playoff game in at least 6 years so you're dang right I'm gonna be there.

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 01:08 PM
tatum alumni off top of my head

larry centers leading running back in receptions in nfl history

travian smith of oakland raiders

larry horton of tamu fame. thats all i can think of for now. i think they have been in the finals once before and lost. can't remember what year. i'll try to find some more unimportant facts:D

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Wow. i just voted too close to call. i see there is once again not much respect for that east texas speed. we shall see.

shadow13
12-03-2005, 01:16 PM
all i know is Brandon jones a.k.a. the fastest guy in the state doesnt play for their team he quit football 11 weeks into it this season because he wasnt having fun His name is brandon james, and we were told by his mom last spring at the state track meet, that he wouldn't be playing football, because he wanted to just concentrate on track.

LE FAN
12-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Brandon Jones or something like that. Brandon is from Liberty Eylau. He was the Wr for the state team in 99. He was the state 3A player of the year that year. Went to OU and is now with the Tenn Titans.

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Wow. i just voted too close to call. i see there is once again not much respect for that east texas speed. we shall see.

No, there is plenty of respect for ET speed, it's just that it seems that there is a West Texas team that has most of it this year. I understand Tatum is a fast team but I will take the speed of Sweetwater against any 3A team in the state this year. No offense to any teams at all, its just that Sweetwater is FAST...REALLY FAST.

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
its just that Sweetwater is FAST...REALLY FAST. if i didn't know better i would think all of snyder's fans moved to sweetwater:D

SnyTigBaseB07
12-03-2005, 02:10 PM
if i didn't know better i would think all of snyder's fans moved to sweetwater:D

haha we havent physically moved, but mentally we're all stangs....we wanna win! lol

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 02:22 PM
if i didn't know better i would think all of snyder's fans moved to sweetwater:D

I'm actually not from Snyder, AT ALL. They are good but I'm from Sweetwater always have been and that in and of itself says I cant be a Snyder fan (unless they are still playing and we arent in which case I will root for them)

TOPS1435
12-03-2005, 02:46 PM
For those who wanted so more information about Tatum, they have been in the playoffs every year except 2001 since 1994.

Jerry's Weekly Football Ratings was rather accurate in his pre-season picks placing Sweetwater #5 and Tatum #6. Jerry lists Sweetwater's enrollment at 640, Gilmer's 629, and Tatum at 392.

In 2003, Tatum had an 8-5 record losing to Gilmer 35-27 the week after they clobbered Canton 56-0. That was when G. J. Kinne was a freshman.

Last year, with Stephen Hodge the quarterback, I think I remember them playing the spread some. I know the game with Gilmer went swiftly. That was the week after Gilmer beat Snyder. The final score was 60-35 with over 1,100 yards of offense produced. They were 12-2 with that loss. Their only other loss was to Palestine.

Now Hodge is a safety playing for TCU, getting game action at least against UNLV (I did not look further).

Sidebar, I would love to see an Oklahoma-TCU battle next year if there is one with Hodge defending against Manuel Johnson.

Tatum and Gilmer I think had been hoping for a rematch, while Canton wanted to redeem themselves against Tatum.

While Tatum has a sophomore qb this year who is not yet maybe Hodge's equal, they also appear to have the best defense in East Texas. At this point Tatum is undefeated.

Nimbleknees
12-03-2005, 05:30 PM
There is talk in around that they have a chance of going to 2A in January at realignment.

howboutthat
12-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
...At this point Tatum is undefeated.

So was Monahans till they met Sweetwater ;)

zeus63
12-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by howboutthat
So was Monahans till they met Sweetwater ;)

Saw Tatum and Canton play. Tatum is big and fast. Sweetwater loses in a blowout. (I'll still be cheering on the Mustangs tho, GO WEST TEXAS!!)

howboutthat
12-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I don't know whether or not Sweetwater will win, but I'm just saying that a perfect record doesn't always mean that much.

DragonEagle01
12-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm taking Sweetwater in this one. Tatum has a great team, an awesome defense and a good offense, with a bunch of talent. But after what I saw last night, I don't think they deserve to win the state championship. I know Canton will probably go down as the most unsportsmanlike losers in history after last night's performance, but it wasn't just one-sided. Tatum had their fair share of unsportsmanlike plays in the first 3 quarters. Canton players finally lost their cool in the fourth, which was totally uncalled for. It was a very evenly matched game, that Canton could have won, but didn't capitalize on a lot of opportunities. With that being said, for Sweetwater to win, this is what I think they need to do. They have to stop Creer (the RB). He's one of the best I've seen. Canton controlled him for the first three quarters, but in the 4th he ran all over them. Secondly, Tatum has a very good defensive line. Third, make smart throws. The Sweetwater QB can not force passes and allow Tatum to intercept them. That was Canton's downfall last night. Teo Freeney picked off 3 passes. I think SW can contain them, and I think SW can win this game. Wish it was Canton playing yall but unfortunately that didn't happen. Good luck this week.

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by DragonEagle01
I'm taking Sweetwater in this one. Tatum has a great team, an awesome defense and a good offense, with a bunch of talent. But after what I saw last night, I don't think they deserve to win the state championship. I know Canton will probably go down as the most unsportsmanlike losers in history after last night's performance, but it wasn't just one-sided. Tatum had their fair share of unsportsmanlike plays in the first 3 quarters. Canton players finally lost their cool in the fourth, which was totally uncalled for. It was a very evenly matched game, that Canton could have won, but didn't capitalize on a lot of opportunities. With that being said, for Sweetwater to win, this is what I think they need to do. They have to stop Creer (the RB). He's one of the best I've seen. Canton controlled him for the first three quarters, but in the 4th he ran all over them. Secondly, Tatum has a very good defensive line. Third, make smart throws. The Sweetwater QB can not force passes and allow Tatum to intercept them. That was Canton's downfall last night. Teo Freeney picked off 3 passes. I think SW can contain them, and I think SW can win this game. Wish it was Canton playing yall but unfortunately that didn't happen. Good luck this week. iv'e read like 50 threads on this, and evidently you must have went to a different game as everyone else. canton acted as their coaches acted. nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!

vet93
12-03-2005, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't read too much into the "vote". I would venture to say that between the Sweetwater, Snyder, Greenwood and Wylie fans....there is enough "homerism" to sway the vote. I agree...It is too close to call. May likely come down to turnovers etc...I will say that if there is a team in West Texas that can counter the traditional east texas speed advantage...it would be Sweetwater in division II and Wylie in Division I. Wylie lost to Gainesville, but they gave them all that they wanted. Time will tell if the Mustangs can do the same thing. Wylie is a more disciplined football team, Sweetwater relies more on their athleticism.

vet93
12-03-2005, 06:41 PM
If Sweetwater throws more than 5 times in this game, then it means that they are in trouble and will likely lose the game. They throw rarely primarily to catch the other team napping or when they are behind by alot late (which doesn't happen often).

Originally posted by DragonEagle01
I'm taking Sweetwater in this one. Tatum has a great team, an awesome defense and a good offense, with a bunch of talent. But after what I saw last night, I don't think they deserve to win the state championship. I know Canton will probably go down as the most unsportsmanlike losers in history after last night's performance, but it wasn't just one-sided. Tatum had their fair share of unsportsmanlike plays in the first 3 quarters. Canton players finally lost their cool in the fourth, which was totally uncalled for. It was a very evenly matched game, that Canton could have won, but didn't capitalize on a lot of opportunities. With that being said, for Sweetwater to win, this is what I think they need to do. They have to stop Creer (the RB). He's one of the best I've seen. Canton controlled him for the first three quarters, but in the 4th he ran all over them. Secondly, Tatum has a very good defensive line. Third, make smart throws. The Sweetwater QB can not force passes and allow Tatum to intercept them. That was Canton's downfall last night. Teo Freeney picked off 3 passes. I think SW can contain them, and I think SW can win this game. Wish it was Canton playing yall but unfortunately that didn't happen. Good luck this week.

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by vet93
...Wylie is a more disciplined football team, Sweetwater relies more on their athleticism.

That might be the most accurate statement I have seen anyone make on this board since I started watching it in 2002. Wylie is more disciplined because of One man, but this isn't the right post to start that conversation. I just wanted to point out what I have been trying to say all year. Well I'm gonna go watch Crane and Childress. Back Later Tonight.

swaterfan
12-03-2005, 06:52 PM

east texas speed? uve gotta be kiddin me.......speed isnt geographic....speed is wherever fast kids live so i guess u havnt watched sweetwaters highlight reels....lol im not sayin sweetwaters goin to win or lose cuz i dont know anything about tatum......but let me just say.......sweetwater is OVERFLOWING w/ speed haha

mustang04
12-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by swaterfan
east texas speed? uve gotta be kiddin me.......speed isnt geographic....speed is wherever fast kids live so i guess u havnt watched sweetwaters highlight reels....lol im not sayin sweetwaters goin to win or lose cuz i dont know anything about tatum......but let me just say.......sweetwater is OVERFLOWING w/ speed haha

thats a stupid post...ur right, speed isnt geographic, but it does coincidentally seem ethnicly demographic

Bullaholic
12-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
thats a stupid post...ur right, speed isnt geographic, but it does coincidentally seem ethnicly demographic

Oh Reggie....seek counsel from Paul Hornung and Coach DeBerry, quickly. :D

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 07:08 PM

That may very well be....but don't forget Greenwood VS Daingerfield 2002.

All I heard from the boards the week leading up to that game was there was no way a bunch of cornfed kids from W. Texas could keep up with that famous "E. Texas" speed....blah blah blah.

Not only did we "keep up" we shut em out!

mustang04
12-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Oh Reggie....seek counsel from Paul Hornung and Coach DeBerry, quickly. :D

sry...i dont get it, JOKES ON ME!!!:D

Phantom Stang
12-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Just read the "Question about Tatum" thread that '09 started from the beginning.;)

Bullaholic
12-03-2005, 07:14 PM

I know what you mean Reggie, but it just seems like anytime someone uses the words "ethnicity" or "race" in a sentence somebody somewhere finds a way to take offense.

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 07:14 PM
thats a stupid post...ur right, speed isnt geographic, but it does coincidentally seem ethnicly demographic i hate i left for a while. that is one of the most politically correct posts i have ever read:D

LewP
12-03-2005, 07:51 PM
This is kinda on the same subject...but does anyone know if monahans was used to the kind of artificial turf that there was in Midland?

2nd question...do ya'll think it's a possibility that the reason it's taking so long to find out the next stadium to play is to make sure there is adequete turf favorable to the Mustangs?

Let's discuss. I'm sure someone is gonna call me stupid, but hey..it's Saturday night and supper is over with..lol

mustang04
12-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by LewP
This is kinda on the same subject...but does anyone know if monahans was used to the kind of artificial turf that there was in Midland?

2nd question...do ya'll think it's a possibility that the reason it's taking so long to find out the next stadium to play is to make sure there is adequete turf favorable to the Mustangs?

Let's discuss. I'm sure someone is gonna call me stupid, but hey..it's Saturday night and supper is over with..lol

u ask too many questions:D :D

LewP
12-03-2005, 07:56 PM
u ask too many questions:D :D

I have no life except Mustang football....dunno what I'm gonna do in 3 weeks after the Mustangs win state!!!!

sWaterislife
12-03-2005, 07:56 PM
yeah Lew Your definitly reading too much into this stuff....

jmcgee
12-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Lew dont get big headed now!

vet93
12-03-2005, 09:12 PM
There you go pulling out the vocabulary again:doh:

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 09:21 PM
I'M GROWING IMPATIENT.....when and where is the game!!!!!

LewP
12-03-2005, 09:25 PM
I am too.....

http://mas.scripps.com/ABIL/2005/12/03/1203SwaterTD_e.jpg

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 09:46 PM
WE ARE JUST WASTING TIME NOW...I DOUBT we will know UNTIL TOMORROW