PDA

View Full Version : I really don't see the gain by baiting all the WOS fans...

SintonFan
12-03-2005, 01:30 AM
They had a great team that finished 13-1 and lost to a great Wimberley team. I didn't see any of the WOS fans saying they would take the Texans by more than 14 or so. They showed respect to Wimberley when they weren't baited to say otherwise, and really didn't talk trash imo.
Great season WOS.:clap:

gobblerfan02
12-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
They had a great team that finished 13-1 and lost to a great Wimberley team. I didn't see any of the WOS fans saying they would take the Texans by more than 14 or so. They showed respect to Wimberley when they weren't baited to say otherwise, and really didn't talk trash imo.
Great season WOS.:clap: Great post....and I think Wimberley might be the best team in 3a this season, I know they wish they could have another shot at Cuero, but maybe next year.....good luck to the Texans and Gobblers in bringing the crown home to Region 4. Never got to see 'em play, but great season WOS, im sure you'll have plenty of talent next season!

SintonFan
12-03-2005, 01:44 AM
lol
Cuero's turn is next week. Don't curse them now... I'm still rooting for region four ya KNOW?

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Great season WOS.:clap:

I will say that WOS had a good season, but to ask why is beyond me! I am sure some people may get offended by me saying this, but there are plenty of WOS and Sweetwater fans that run their mouth so much it almost makes me want them to lose every single week. I know it is not all of them, and I there are several I like.....thats why I said "ALMOST." I think the ones that talk about how all world their team is and thinks they cant be beaten know who those "baiting" threads are aimed at.

gobblerfan02
12-03-2005, 01:46 AM
lol
Cuero's turn is next week. Don't curse them now... I'm still rooting for region four ya KNOW? I know, Cuero will not underestimate Cameron or Hutto, both the teams have size and speed! The next game will be their toughest yet, and their true colors will show in the upcoming semifinal game, whoever maybe their opponent.

SintonFan
12-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I will say that WOS had a good season, but to ask why is beyond me! I am sure some people may get offended by me saying this, but there are plenty of WOS and Sweetwater fans that run their mouth so much it almost makes me want them to lose every single week. I know it is not all of them, and I there are several I like.....thats why I said "ALMOST." I think the ones that talk about how all world their team is and thinks they cant be beaten know who those "baiting" threads are aimed at.
I do respect that post rockdale80. A great rebuttal to my title. KUDOS!:clap:
Should everyone be punitive when a team is down and just collecting their thoughts after a huge season ending loss?

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 01:55 AM
I do respect that post rockdale80. A great rebuttal to my title. KUDOS!:clap:
Should everyone be punitive when a team is down and just collecting their thoughts after a huge season ending loss?

I know by being a former player, and losing in the playoffs how hard it is. I remember what is was like to look at the scoreboard and realize that it is actually over so no I dont exactly agree with it. All I was pointing out is that some people bring it upon themselves. 13-1 is a heck of a run and something to be proud of. Actually I say going out there and leaving everything you have on the field is more important than winning or losing. Because if you leave it all on the field it wont bother you when you look back on those glory days of HS football.

GS#17
12-03-2005, 02:04 AM
That's a great point, Rockdale80. I don't think you're going to find anyone more disappointed than the players themselves (who don't even see this board to read what all is being said, good or bad).

As fans, we really enjoyed watching a fantastic season that had a very exciting playoff run. There's really nothing anyone can say or write that can take away the enjoyment or pride I had as a fan of this West Orange-Stark team. It was just a blast every week, and I am already looking forward to seeing what they can do next year! :)

SintonFan
12-03-2005, 02:07 AM
I know by being a former player, and losing in the playoffs how hard it is. I remember what is was like to look at the scoreboard and realize that it is actually over so no I dont exactly agree with it. All I was pointing out is that some people bring it upon themselves. 13-1 is a heck of a run and something to be proud of. Actually I say going out there and leaving everything you have on the field is more important than winning or losing. Because if you leave it all on the field it wont bother you when you look back on those glory days of HS football.
I couldn't agree with you more. I understand that what you do after highschool is most important. These kids I'm sure understand that. I hope posters here realize the kids have their whole life ahead of them.

rockdale80
12-03-2005, 02:09 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. I understand that what you do after highschool is most important. These kids I'm sure understand that. I hope posters here realize the kids have their whole life ahead of them.

More importantly is that they are just kids. Nothing more, and nothing less.

SintonFan
12-03-2005, 02:21 AM
That they are...

jmcgee
12-03-2005, 03:44 AM
I will say that WOS had a good season, but to ask why is beyond me! I am sure some people may get offended by me saying this, but there are plenty of WOS and Sweetwater fans that run their mouth so much it almost makes me want them to lose every single week. I know it is not all of them, and I there are several I like.....thats why I said "ALMOST." I think the ones that talk about how all world their team is and thinks they cant be beaten know who those "baiting" threads are aimed at. I think that statement would lean more towards the newer and younger sweetwater posters. And Iagree with you they do run their mouths alot.

WORM
12-03-2005, 03:47 AM
congrats to cuero good luck!

wos-84
12-03-2005, 09:39 AM
congrats to wimberley who should be the state champs in D1 and congrats to our wos mustangs who put in a hell of a year. Glad no one was hurt and I'm rooting for you texans to win state. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Texans should be Champs but dont count out the other team just yet.:)