PDA

View Full Version : Tatum/Canton game chaos

yoemanfan98
12-03-2005, 12:00 AM
2 players ejected, 3 personal fouls, flag on Canton's Coach Kinne

one Canton player picked up a flag and threw it across the field

I would have liked to have seen this in person!

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 12:02 AM
from what i have heard this is the norm.

LewP
12-03-2005, 12:02 AM
If I were the refs...just call the game...it's out of control now

yoemanfan98
12-03-2005, 12:05 AM
I am very surprised the refs didn't call this game when this all started happening. Tatum could have had some players hurt.

eagles_victory
12-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Just classless as an high school ahtlete very little is more important to me then winning. But when you don't win you have to accept it with class. That looks so bad on the players coaching staff and school.

yoemanfan98
12-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Any folks that attended this game, please post about what you saw from Canton players/coaches/fans.

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 12:10 AM
they are already deleting threads on smoaky .com about how classless canton was. must have been pretty ugly.

eagles_victory
12-03-2005, 12:12 AM
It's sad at a time where we should be talking about the great season Canton had with what all went on their last year. They went farther then anyone expected knocked out the defending state champs but now there actions have put a damper on all of that.

LewP
12-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
It's sad at a time where we should be talking about the great season Canton had with what all went on their last year. They went farther then anyone expected knocked out the defending state champs but now there actions have put a damper on all of that.

I totally agree...

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 12:17 AM
It's sad at a time where we should be talking about the great season Canton had with what all went on their last year. They went farther then anyone expected knocked out the defending state champs but now there actions have put a damper on all of that. you could have left out the part about knocking out defending state champs:D

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2005, 12:21 AM
As the former play-by-play for Canton in Kinne's first year I hate to say this because I like him as a person, but this is not the first time this has happened. They are known for their style of play, good or bad

Matthew328
12-03-2005, 12:44 AM
I heard things got real ugly....

DragonEagle01
12-03-2005, 01:50 AM
was at the game. It was the worst game I have ever witnessed in my life. I know the majority of the posts are going to be directed at us for the Canton players' actions at the end of the game, but both teams had their hand in this one. I saw a lot of late hits, a lot of shoving, and a lot of jawing from the Tatum players for 3 quarters. The Canton kids did finally lose it in the 4th and started retaliating. It wasn't right. I'm very disgusted in the way the game turned out for us tonight. I would like to congratulate the Canton Eagles on a tremendous season. I want to thank all of the seniors for everything they have done for this team. Ya'll have laid the groundwork for another great season to come next year. The refs tonight were the worst I have ever witnessed in my life, there seemed to be a lot of confusion on their part. There were some refs posting on smoaky who also agreed on this.

gobblerfan02
12-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Sounds as if this one wasn't the best of games to attend when looking at sportmanship, but I just wanted to say good season to those Canton Eagles and good luck to the other green team that won tonight, the Tatum Eagles! Should be a good game next week vs. Sweetwater!

texasjeremy
12-03-2005, 11:00 AM
I would imagine Tatum wasn't just little angels. Tatum is pretty classless too, and as for their coach, I think his motto in the regular season was "If you don't think you can beat em, get outta the game, then try to claim it as a win". Which he did during Hurricane Rita.

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Huh? It was Palestine who didn't want to play that game. Read the following post by David Smoak on his site when it happened:

Smoaky
SmoakHouse Staff
Mood: Always Focused
posted on 9-23-2005 at 06:00 PM Reply
With Quote Report Post to Administrator
The Palestine @ Tatum game was cancelled by the superintendent at Palestine.
The city is being flooded with evacuees, and the traffic is packed throughout the area.
The school has become an evacuation center, and trying to coodinate all other aspects of a game are nearly impossible.

Smoaky

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=42619#pid472100

lostaussie
12-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
I would imagine Tatum wasn't just little angels. Tatum is pretty classless too, and as for their coach, I think his motto in the regular season was "If you don't think you can beat em, get outta the game, then try to claim it as a win". Which he did during Hurricane Rita. another uninformed poster:D

VAMike
12-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Refs should never "just call the game" (i.e. end it) unless there is some major reason to do so. And even then, all we can do is say the game is suspended at that point, we can not declare it over. You could have some bizarre situation where you ejected so many players from one (or both) team that here is no one left to continue but I have never seen that situation. If both coaches agree to shorten the length of the game, that can be done and is sometimes in weather or blowout situations. But we cannot arbitrarily end it.

eagles_victory
12-03-2005, 11:51 AM
I think the Ennis Waxahacie game last year was called due to a fight.

Astrosdawg07
12-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Anyone have video of the game? I would like to see some of this.

Jody
12-03-2005, 11:59 AM
I just watched the highlights of this game on FSN and they both look like quality teams with size and speed.

VAMike
12-03-2005, 11:59 AM
I think the Ennis Waxahacie game last year was called due to a fight.

As I recall, there was less than a minute left in the game when they had a bench clearing brawl. Anyone who came on the field would be ejected so there woul likely nothave been anyone left to play. And even think I think they actually wound the clock and let teh time run off to officially end it even though nobody was allowed to snap it.

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
As I recall, there was less than a minute left in the game when they had a bench clearing brawl. Anyone who came on the field would be ejected so there woul likely nothave been anyone left to play. And even think I think they actually wound the clock and let teh time run off to officially end it even though nobody was allowed to snap it.

Reminds me of the 2002 Semi-final game between Greenwood and D'field. The Refs just ran the last minute or so off the clock. It was actually (besides the classless part of being a fight) pretty amazing because the Greenwood coaches grabbed all the players from their sidelines and wouldn't let them go to fight but D'fields sideline cleared (coaches and all) and the 12 kids from Greenwood (one happened to get off before being held back) were holding their own against the entire D'field team. I was thoroughly impressed.

District303aPastPlayer
12-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
Reminds me of the 2002 Semi-final game between Greenwood and D'field. The Refs just ran the last minute or so off the clock. It was actually (besides the classless part of being a fight) pretty amazing because the Greenwood coaches grabbed all the players from their sidelines and wouldn't let them go to fight but D'fields sideline cleared (coaches and all) and the 12 kids from Greenwood (one happened to get off before being held back) were holding their own against the entire D'field team. I was thoroughly impressed.

wow. . .