PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater 35, Monahans 16

LewP
12-02-2005, 11:13 PM
CONGRATS MUSTANGS!!!!!!!

GreenMonster
12-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Way to go Sweetwater, keep on spreadin' the RED!

LewP
12-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Way to go Sweetwater, keep on spreadin' the RED!

^5^5^5^5^5 Clint.......

GreenMonster
12-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Lew, when and where is the Semi-Final game??? Any info on this yet??? I knew Sweetwater would take this one.

LewP
12-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Lew, when and where is the Semi-Final game??? Any info on this yet??? I knew Sweetwater would take this one.

Clint...right now Canyon game still in progress 4th quarter...canyon is fdown to that other team 31-21...so excited I can't think man....this also prooves IP was a much tougher opponent than Monahans....no dis respect to Mo town..

wildstangs
12-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Clint...right now Canyon game still in progress 4th quarter...canyon is fdown to that other team 31-21...so excited I can't think man....this also prooves IP was a much tougher opponent than Monahans....no dis respect to Mo town..

Haha..so excited you have CANYON playing instead of Canton.

LewP
12-02-2005, 11:54 PM
LMAO....you know what I mean woooooo whoooooo!!!!!

No mo Mo!!!!!
Ding dong the witch is dead..lmao'

SnyTigBaseB07
12-03-2005, 12:06 AM
OOOO S'WATER...TEAR EM UP KID!!!!!!

GREAT WIN...LOL TEACH THEM TRASH TALKING LOBOES HOW WE PLAY IN 4-3A LOL.

Congrats on a great game/win..hope to see ya'll at state! I'll be there!!!!

LewP
12-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Yes..i think this settles once and for all that District 4-3A is the best district, and the toughest district in TEXAS!!!!

99IHSMustang
12-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Congratulations Sweetwater!

LewP
12-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Congratulations Sweetwater!

Thanks Stang...from one horse to another..lol SWEET!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Yes..i think this settles once and for all that District 4-3A is the best district, and the toughest district in TEXAS!!!!

Jut wondering, how does this one win settle who has the best district? Also how can 4-3A be the TOUGHEST when we all knew who the three to advance would be. A tough district to me is one where in the last week of the season 4 or 5 teams still have a shot to mkae the play-offs

You can say 4-3A had the best three teams in one district, but that does not make it the toughest

LewP
12-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Jut wondering, how does this one win settle who has the best district? Also how can 4-3A be the TOUGHEST when we all knew who the three to advance would be. A tough district to me is one where in the last week of the season 4 or 5 teams still have a shot to mkae the play-offs

You can say 4-3A had the best three teams in one district, but that does not make it the toughest

Well Broadcaster...I guess you would have to know the history between 4-3A and the Monahans district.....
All year long Monahans was saying that 4-3A, (Abilene Wylie, Snyder, and Sweetwater) were way overrated in the polls. By the way, there are only 5 teams in the district to begin with...it would be pretty difficult in my opinion if all 5 made the playoffs....Thanks for playing.

SnyTigBaseB07
12-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Well Broadcaster...I guess you would have to know the history between 4-3A and the Monahans district.....
All year long Monahans was saying that 4-3A, (Abilene Wylie, Snyder, and Sweetwater) were way overrated in the polls. By the way, there are only 5 teams in the district to begin with...it would be pretty difficult in my opinion if all 5 made the playoffs....Thanks for playing.

:D :D Someone knows their football trivia.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Way to go Mustangs!!!!

GREAT season Loboes!!

It's really a shame someone has to lose!!

I remember where someone posted that an official from Grande said they didn't expect over 5,000 at this game....all I can say is the stands on BOTH sides were PACKED!!

Awesome game atmosphere...I totally enjoyed myself!!

jmcgee
12-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Way to go Mustangs!!!!

GREAT season Loboes!!

I remember where someone posted that an official from Grande said they didn't expect over 5,000 at this game....all I can say is the stands on BOTH sides were PACKED!!

Awesome game atmosphere...I totally enjoyed myself!! how many people does Grande hold?

Stang99
12-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Way to go Mustangs!!!!

GREAT season Loboes!!

Awesome game atmosphere...I totally enjoyed myself!!

I would be interested to hear what the estimated attendance was for this game, as far as i could tell it was packed in pretty good....until the last TD that is.

Mustangpride09
12-03-2005, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Stang99
I would be interested to hear what the estimated attendance was for this game, as far as i could tell it was packed in pretty good....until the last TD that is.

nah, monahans fan's were leaving with 4 mins left.

sweetwater08
12-03-2005, 02:59 AM
great game stangs

Stang_Fan713
12-03-2005, 03:04 AM
WAY TO GO MUSTANGS!! Keep goin' guys....all the way BIG RED!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2005, 04:33 AM

Then your saying 4-3A is the best between those two districts. But you then said 4-3A is the toughest in the STATE. Also I never said anything about 5 teams making the play-offs, I said a tough district is where in the last 4 or 5 teams still have a SHOT at making the playoffs.

For example 14-3A has 6 teams On the last week of play 5 of the 6 had a chance to make the play-offs

in 16-3a they have 5 teams. of the 5 in the last week of the season 4 teams had a chance to make the play-offs.

Those are examples of tough districts from top to bottom. I am not talking quality of the teams, I am talking about a district that from top to bottom is evenly matched. Though both of those districts have a team stil in the play-offs

No one is denying how good the top 3 of 4-3A is. I just think for a district to be called the toughest, you have to look at district from top to bottom. And in your statement you said 4-3A was the toughest in the state..

and BTW I always enjoy this types of debates, this is what makes Texas HS football so fun.

jmcgee
12-03-2005, 04:59 AM
I estimate there were 14,000to 15,000 people there at the game.

mrescape43
12-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Then your saying 4-3A is the best between those two districts. But you then said 4-3A is the toughest in the STATE. Also I never said anything about 5 teams making the play-offs, I said a tough district is where in the last 4 or 5 teams still have a SHOT at making the playoffs.

For example 14-3A has 6 teams On the last week of play 5 of the 6 had a chance to make the play-offs

in 16-3a they have 5 teams. of the 5 in the last week of the season 4 teams had a chance to make the play-offs.

Those are examples of tough districts from top to bottom. I am not talking quality of the teams, I am talking about a district that from top to bottom is evenly matched. Though both of those districts have a team stil in the play-offs

No one is denying how good the top 3 of 4-3A is. I just think for a district to be called the toughest, you have to look at district from top to bottom. And in your statement you said 4-3A was the toughest in the state..

and BTW I always enjoy this types of debates, this is what makes Texas HS football so fun.

Maybe it should be restated.

District 4-3A has the strongest top 3 teams of any district in Texas. All 3 ranked most of season. District 4-3A is tough to win also. Look at the last 2 years. 3 way tie for district championship.
2 years in a row, Wylie beats Swater, Swater beats Snyder, and Snyder beats Wylie.
Here is how district has fared over the last 2 years.

Last year, a State Q finalist, Semi Finalist and State Champ amoung the three.
This Year, a State Quarterfinalist and no worse than Semi finalist out of the three. My team didn't play well enough in playoff to win. Our offense wasn't good enough to overcome negative turnover ratios in two losses.

vet93
12-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Congratulations Mustangs....you played a super game. Good luck in the next round...looking forward to following you guys. Of course I did pick you guys to take the region back in August.....so it makes me pretty happy that you won!;)

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
how many people does Grande hold?

Grande seats 15,000 and has room for an additinal 3,000 on the berm.

Where were you last night?

sWaterislife
12-03-2005, 09:44 AM
I think when the "toughest district"debate came up .. I think most people were talking about winning the district championship. And have 3 teams in the top 10 all at the same time all year. Meaning that Trying to win a district Champ will be the toughest in the state. To me if there is 6 teams in a district and all have a shot... That really means its weak... I dont know how these guys did in the playoffs and i certainly can be wrong But im sure they didnt make it far...

Again its really tough to come up with the toughest district... our state size really give us a hard challenge to say we're the toughest...

Now if the playoffs were state wide in the first round then we could see who was the tough , Right... like Region 1 teams played Region 4 teams... But nobody wants todo that ..lol... We had a real tough district .. But toughest ... it's really just hard to say

S-WtrMustangFan
12-03-2005, 10:23 AM
First of all i would like to say "Thank You" to all the people from other towns whom have joined the Mustangs on there run for state.2nd i would like to congradulate Monahans on a great year.You have a great team with a lot of heart.To your fans what can i say that game against Bridgeport i dont remember the home side of our stands ever being so loud i was jealous.I hope you will join us on journey as we show them what west Texas football is all about.Go Mustangs !!!!

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
First of all i would like to say "Thank You" to all the people from other towns whom have joined the Mustangs on there run for state.2nd i would like to congradulate Monahans on a great year.You have a great team with a lot of heart.To your fans what can i say that game against Bridgeport i dont remember the home side of our stands ever being so loud i was jealous.I hope you will join us on journey as we show them what west Texas football is all about.Go Mustangs !!!!

I wasn't gonna bring it up, but since you did, here goes!

What is up with the mustang fans? The Monahans crowd blew them out of the water! I watched a couple of the Mustang players trying to pump the crowd up, and they just looked disgusted!

Granted, there were LOTS of people there last night who were just watching a football game and didn't care one way or the other.....but frankly, I have been shocked...first against Littlefield and then last night against Monahans at the lack of enthusiasm.

I had read on another post that the mustangs are just "used" to being there. It sounds like to be they are gonna have a formidable opponent in Tatum...I sure hope the mustang crowd shows up for them.

BTW....the ladies in the red wigs and sunglasses are AWESOME!:clap: :clap:

Phantom Stang
12-03-2005, 10:56 AM

what's a berm?:confused:

Phantom Stang
12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Oh yeah,

GO MUSTANGS!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
what's a berm?:confused:

LOL!! The grassy section between the stands (behind the enzone).

I guess Sweetwater has a cement "berm":D

Stang99
12-03-2005, 11:08 AM

What is up with the mustang fans? The Monahans crowd blew them out of the water! I watched a couple of the Mustang players trying to pump the crowd up, and they just looked disgusted!

Granted, there were LOTS of people there last night who were just watching a football game and didn't care one way or the other.....but frankly, I have been shocked...first against Littlefield and then last night against Monahans at the lack of enthusiasm.

I had read on another post that the mustangs are just "used" to being there. It sounds like to be they are gonna have a formidable opponent in Tatum...I sure hope the mustang crowd shows up for them.

Mom I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I think we were as loud and enthuised as the monahans crowd was. I will agree however that against Littlefield it was a disgrace the amount of support that was shown by our fans. At least our band played a little during the game this week! Maybe you didn't notice all the people standing up the entire game cheering and yelling. Don't worry about next week, we will travel just fine I think!

S-WtrMustangFan
12-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I have no idea why are fans are so dead.If you look back on the threads you will see the thread i posted it say's "What is wrong with the Mustang fans".The cheerleaders get frustrated the players get frustrated and i dang sure get frustrated.The ladies in the red wigs are great and since you was at the Littlefield game you probably seen me in my red cowboy hat and red and white checkered pants.Somebody wrote a letter to the editer in our newspaper about how dead the fans have been.There are some standing the whole game we don't need the cheerleaders to tell us to stand up and holler.We don't need the players to wave there arms up and down.We are with them every play offence and deffence.Wethere were winning or losing we have got to let them know we are there.I did not get to go last night becouse i had to work but i did hear that the fans where getting better.Maybe it was the mixture of the Midland and Snyder fans helping us out.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Mom I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I think we were as loud and enthuised as the monahans crowd was. I will agree however that against Littlefield it was a disgrace the amount of support that was shown by our fans. At least our band played a little during the game this week! Maybe you didn't notice all the people standing up the entire game cheering and yelling. Don't worry about next week, we will travel just fine I think!

You may very well be right...it is sometimes hard to tell from where I was sitting (30 yrd line, south end of field)....and maybe it was because the majority of people around me WEREN'T from Sweetwater.

I guess what impressed me with the Monahans crowd is their "GO GREEN GO" chant....it looked and sounded like every person in the stands was yelling it in unison.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 11:14 AM
I have no idea why are fans are so dead.If you look back on the threads you will see the thread i posted it say's "What is wrong with the Mustang fans".The cheerleaders get frustrated the players get frustrated and i dang sure get frustrated.The ladies in the red wigs are great and since you was at the Littlefield game you probably seen me in my red cowboy hat and red and white checkered pants.Somebody wrote a letter to the editer in our newspaper about how dead the fans have been i hope it helps.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!

Were you sitting in the top section at the Littlefield game?

Stang99
12-03-2005, 11:25 AM
You may very well be right...it is sometimes hard to tell from where I was sitting (30 yrd line, south end of field)....and maybe it was because the majority of people around me WEREN'T from Sweetwater.

I guess what impressed me with the Monahans crowd is their "GO GREEN GO" chant....it looked and sounded like every person in the stands was yelling it in unison.

Oh no doubt the Loboe crowd was great. I expected nothing less from them. I was on the north 40 on the lower level, but like you said it was hard to see the rest of the crowd except for what is right around you. Anyway you gonna travel with the Red next week to help out the crowd noise??

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Oh no doubt the Loboe crowd was great. I expected nothing less from them. I was on the north 40 on the lower level, but like you said it was hard to see the rest of the crowd except for what is right around you. Anyway you gonna travel with the Red next week to help out the crowd noise??

I am thinking about....a lot will depend on where it's being played!

S-WtrMustangFan
12-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Were you sitting in the top section at the Littlefield game? Yes and i also was on the field with the tunnel crew.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes and i also was on the field with the tunnel crew.

Haha! I saw the hat!

Dang it...I completely missed the red and white checkered pants though!!

S-WtrMustangFan
12-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Since i didnt get to go to the game i wore my pants to work.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2005, 11:50 AM

:clap: That's awesome!!:clap:

sWaterislife
12-03-2005, 12:01 PM
I do agree.. Sweetwater only get loud when they're losing.. Yeah i like a rowdy crowd and it sure would be nice if we had soem loud fans... We come out in groves But i guess sometimes we're too dignified to be loud and make a difference...

And as far as the cheerleaders being frustrated.. Let them be ... they cant even do a simple routine right... Ridiculous... You see other schools actually look athletic and ours are just there for popularity... Sorry ..But one of them are destined to get hurt because they dont know what they're doing..

I guess i'll get the whole town mad at me but.. But until they prove they're willing to REALLY SUPPORT THE TEAM.. they, as fans will have nothing to be proud about.. It's amazing.. A place like the bowl could really be a loud stadium and used for a great advantage... but its not..

WHEW>. i need to settle down..lol... that's a pet pieve of mine...

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by sWaterislife
I do agree.. Sweetwater only get loud when they're losing.. Yeah i like a rowdy crowd and it sure would be nice if we had soem loud fans... We come out in groves But i guess sometimes we're too dignified to be loud and make a difference...

And as far as the cheerleaders being frustrated.. Let them be ... they cant even do a simple routine right... Ridiculous... You see other schools actually look athletic and ours are just there for popularity... Sorry ..But one of them are destined to get hurt because they dont know what they're doing..

I guess i'll get the whole town mad at me but.. But until they prove they're willing to REALLY SUPPORT THE TEAM.. they, as fans will have nothing to be proud about.. It's amazing.. A place like the bowl could really be a loud stadium and used for a great advantage... but its not..

WHEW>. i need to settle down..lol... that's a pet pieve of mine...

Well you aren't going to have everyone from the town mad at you, cause I am on your side. I have always said that the last time that we had a decent crowd was the year we went to the quarters and got beat by denison. The main reason I remember that is because our mayor at the time Rick Rhodes set an amazing example as a fan and everyone followed. Now everyone is too worried about being "too dignified" that they don't yell until everyone else is. There is no problem with yelling for your team and I really hope that Sweetwater fans remember that. I do have to give credit to the fans lately though as the year has progressed we have got nothing but better, however, as a whole I have been almost saddened at the quiet fans who have attended our games.

sweetwater07
12-03-2005, 12:45 PM
last night at our games...our fans were WEAK.....half of them weren't from sweetwater and in turn were not going to yell but come on........it was horrible- no one was standing....i went as far as to turn around and look while we were running it in for the 3rd time and hardly anyone behind me was even standing much less yelling

its_n_ D_water
12-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Well I do agree the fans can be alittle quiet at times,but last night ..where I was sitting (standing really) , the fans were awesome. They had air horns, they had propane bottles filled with rocks..heck they even had pieces of 2x4 slapping them together..it was great to see. There was also alot of different people from other towns sitting behind us telling us to sit down. But oh well right...got to support them MUSTANGS......GO BIG RED........nuff said...

I Bleed Red08
12-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
Well you aren't going to have everyone from the town mad at you, cause I am on your side. I have always said that the last time that we had a decent crowd was the year we went to the quarters and got beat by denison. The main reason I remember that is because our mayor at the time Rick Rhodes set an amazing example as a fan and everyone followed. Now everyone is too worried about being "too dignified" that they don't yell until everyone else is. There is no problem with yelling for your team and I really hope that Sweetwater fans remember that. I do have to give credit to the fans lately though as the year has progressed we have got nothing but better, however, as a whole I have been almost saddened at the quiet fans who have attended our games. technically your not from sweetwater lol but im not mad he spoke the truth

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
technically your not from sweetwater lol but im not mad he spoke the truth

I will always be from Sweetwater, I'm just misplaced at the moment. Go Mustangs!!!!

S-Town Tiger
12-03-2005, 01:17 PM

Not really, we lost to Monahans but 9 times outtta 10 we win that game no doubt all these teams are great I am just sayin teams don't always play to full potential. BTW Great trick play by SW last night that was awsome!!!

sWaterislife
12-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by its_n_ D_water
Well I do agree the fans can be alittle quiet at times,but last night ..where I was sitting (standing really) , the fans were awesome. They had air horns, they had propane bottles filled with rocks..heck they even had pieces of 2x4 slapping them together..it was great to see. There was also alot of different people from other towns sitting behind us telling us to sit down. But oh well right...got to support them MUSTANGS......GO BIG RED........nuff said...

LOL.. how did the air horn work out for ya...

Hacksaw Jim Dugget is a fan..lol.. jK

hope it catches on because for the mostpart... the rest of the "sea" is calm..

jmcgee
12-03-2005, 01:50 PM

Where were you last night? uuhh I hurt my leg on the way to the m&g.

jmcgee
12-03-2005, 02:27 PM
I dont know.Cause at the IP game the crowd was great. And I dont know what game some of you were at last night but i was in the top section about the 30 south end and I saw a lot of people standing and cheering. There were some people that werent but most of them were from other towns besides Sweetwater.

jmcgee
12-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by S-Town Tiger
Not really, we lost to Monahans but 9 times outtta 10 we win that game no doubt all these teams are great I am just sayin teams don't always play to full potential. BTW Great trick play by SW last night that was awsome!!! Yeah it was. I was watching #5 the whole way and when he got hit I though he fumble and I saw them just standing there, then I here the crowd roar then see#3 for the td!

lobo12
12-03-2005, 03:06 PM
how do you get that snyder wins 9 times out of 10, monahans won when they actually played so if anything monahans could have won 9 out of 10.....i did however disagree with the mustang crown chanting no mo loboes when the game is over, i understand supporting your team and if it would have been before the game thats understandable, but after you knew the game was over and there were seniors on the field playing their last few seconds, you should show more respect than that....and i even have a friend from sweetwater that agrees with me.........with that being said i think the sportsmanship on both sides was geat, the players played clean the fan support was great, and the way both teams prayed and stood with each other as the school songs were played.....class act on both sides

LewP
12-03-2005, 04:02 PM

Dear Mustang Fans...that are fortunate to attend the games..

How embarrassing is this? How many times are we going to hear people say this about Mustang fans???????

Frankly, I'm pretty embarrassed by it.
Think about it. We have a great group of young men cruising to a state title!!!!
And you can't make noise????????

You can at least act like you are excited?????????

What is it gonna take for you people to make some noise?????

Don't you feel embarrassed? Don't you feel ashamed this is brought out in public here?????

Please respond to this post if you are a Mustang fan that attended any of the playoff games. Please explain to me what's going on. Please explain why you aren't excited. Do you think it's too beneath you to hoot and holler???? I'd like to know.

Stang99
12-03-2005, 04:16 PM

How embarrassing is this? How many times are we going to hear people say this about Mustang fans???????

Think about it. We have a great group of young men cruising to a state title!!!!

Don't you feel embarrassed? Don't you feel ashamed this is brought out in public here?????

Please respond to this post if you are a Mustang fan that attended any of the playoff games. Please explain to me what's going on. Please explain why you aren't excited. Do you think it's too beneath you to hoot and holler???? I'd like to know.

You weren't there therfore you have no idea how loud the crowd actually was. All I can comment on is the group right around where I was sitting and no one around me sat down except for timeouts and such, it was very very loud throughout the game. I have been critical of fan participation in the past but I do not think this instance is a realistic complaint. I agree with mcgee! What game were all of you watching?? I could just feel the electricty in the stadium on both sides! Yall watch the replay and see just how active the crowd was or was not. I don't feel ashamed one bit! I know what i did and as a result my throat hurts today!!!

vet93
12-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Winning often breeds fan complacency. The fans become conditioned to the fact that Sweetwater is going to win this one...why get excited....or they will sit on their hand until they are "really" needed. I am not saying that it is right...I am just saying that it is human nature. Sometimes I think that it is almost good for a community to go through a few lean years so that they appreciate the good times.

LewP
12-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Stang...

No I wasn't there....
So I'm gonna call Ranger Mom and others a liar???? They have no reason to lie about it. And you don't either...
But Ranger Mom and alot of other people are saying we aren't loud enough...now maybe around you they were....but c'mon Stang....what? 5-7, 000 sweetwater fans and we are even talking about fan noise? It's rediculous.

Stang99
12-03-2005, 04:27 PM
give me a break! We won didn't we? I don't remember calling anyone a liar, Ranger Mom and I already swapped posts about it. If you are such a super fan and think you can get all of the so called heartless fans up and rooting, then just jump in your car and get to the stadium. all anyone can do is worry about themselves as far as this goes so stop preaching to the choir!

Phantom Stang
12-03-2005, 04:34 PM

Lew P,
It's my understanding that you live in or around Ft.Worth, less than two hours from Stephenville.

YOU however, chose, on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND, to STAY HOME ON YOUR BUTT AND POST HERE ON THE INTERNET!!!
Yet you have the audacity to criticize REAL FANS who travelled even further to support their team!!

Talk about a SHAME!!!:mad:

Mustangpride09
12-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
last night at our games...our fans were WEAK.....half of them weren't from sweetwater and in turn were not going to yell but come on........it was horrible- no one was standing....i went as far as to turn around and look while we were running it in for the 3rd time and hardly anyone behind me was even standing much less yelling

I most definately dont have my voice back yet. But really, it seemed like noone cared.

LewP
12-03-2005, 04:36 PM
give me a break! We won didn't we? I don't remember calling anyone a liar, Ranger Mom and I already swapped posts about it. If you are such a super fan and think you can get all of the so called heartless fans up and rooting, then just jump in your car and get to the stadium. all anyone can do is worry about themselves as far as this goes so stop preaching to the choir!
Actually Stang...You have given me an idea.

Watch for my new thread. Thanks

Stang99
12-03-2005, 04:41 PM
hey no problem lew. don't really understand why you think you are the only person around here that can make remarks like that

LewP
12-03-2005, 04:52 PM
hey no problem lew. don't really understand why you think you are the only person around here that can make remarks like that

Huh? What do you mean?

Stang99
12-03-2005, 05:04 PM
just seems like you come down on whoever disagrees with you. anyway no big deal, the important thing is we won and will continue to do so, I hope!

LewP
12-03-2005, 05:22 PM
In all fairness..I don't mind folks disagreeing with me.

But with that said, i don't think folks sghould mind if i disagree with them...just like you and I just did.

I think people get the wrong idea about disagreements. Just because I don't agree with someone, certainly doesn't mean I don't respect their views or dislike them. Frankly, I think some disagreement is healthy....if people were more honest...there would probably be more disagreements.

Long story short...if people disagree...progress can be made.

Stang99
12-03-2005, 06:18 PM
roger that lew

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Yeah it was. I was watching #5 the whole way and when he got hit I though he fumble and I saw them just standing there, then I here the crowd roar then see#3 for the td!

If I would have typed my version of the play it would have said
the exact same thing you did. I winced when #5 got hit. I heard
the crowd cheering, I look and #3 is already at the 10 yard line
on his way untouched to the end zone.

Stang99
12-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If I would have typed my version of the play it would have said
the exact same thing you did. I winced when #5 got hit. I heard
the crowd cheering, I look and #3 is already at the 10 yard line
on his way untouched to the end zone.

Totally fooled!!! Such a nice play, kinda like the Iowa Park play last week! too bad that play is on tape now!! Can't wait to watch the replay of the game and see that play again.

Tweeder215
12-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Lew, I was at the game last night but I still say that in no way was our crowd as loud as we could or should have been. The main reason that quite a bit of people on here have argued this point with me is maybe they have forgotten (or arent old enough to remember) when Sweetwater had amazing fan support. I do and the only time I have seen that kind of effort from our fans of late was deep in the 4th quarter against Iowa Park. My voice is also still gone from this game but there is only so much noise a select few of us can make.

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Totally fooled!!! Such a nice play, kinda like the Iowa Park play last week! too bad that play is on tape now!! Can't wait to watch the replay of the game and see that play again.

Yeah! that play and a couple of hits we had like the one that
cartwheeled that lobo. It looked like he dang near landed on his
head.

GetRDoneStangs
12-03-2005, 07:10 PM

those pants are the coolest thing ever

sWaterislife
12-03-2005, 07:37 PM
WHOA.... Wait a second... THE SUPPORT IS THERE... But as a fan your job is to make as much noise as you can while the defense is on the field... And at key points in the game... and every play that good.. Anything extra gives you fanatic points..lol...

The support is there... We travel as good as any team in the state... We love our ball... But we need to make an impact when we're there... Like D_water said where he was sitting it was loud.. But in the middle where the older folks sit that where there was no noise... After my post i had forgotten that we have alot of old folks that travel to our games as well... but still we need a total effort ...

BECAUSE we have other people now wondering where the noise is at.. We should, at next weeks game take it to Tatum and raise the db's...

LewP
12-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Heck...I'm old...and I just hope I can make the game this week....if I do..look for an old geezer that looks like the guy on the Six Flags commercial raising as much hell as I can..lmao

S-WtrMustangFan
12-04-2005, 10:41 AM
If you are getting angry over the posts about the Mustang fans then maybe your feeling guilty that your not doing enough. I have said this before and im saying it again I would rather have 40 Loud And Proud Mustang Fan's on there feet cheering every play than have 5,000 sitting on their butts waiting on something good to happen.If you went to the Monahans-Bridgeport game and heard the noise coming from the Monahans fans on the home side of Mustang bowl it would have made you jelous.You know if your a Loud And Proud Mustang Fan and if your not you can stay home and listen to it on KXOX 96.7 Go Mustangs !!! Spread The Red !!!!

sweetwater07
12-04-2005, 11:43 AM
what time and channel does this air today??