PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of HS Volleyball??

gobblergolf
12-02-2005, 01:26 PM
In recent years I have noticed that I am pretty big on HS Volleyball. I have had many cousins and friends that were on the teams and us fans always had a great time at the games. Ive been noticing that there are some powerhouses in VB as well, which can be related to teams such as Cuero in football. Unfortunantly, Cuero hasnt been a powerhouse in volleyball but with lots of talent coming back next year, we are hoping to join the mix of contenders. I noticed that one of the big time volleyball towns is Monohans. With that being said, I just noticed that Cueros current volleyball coach came from that school and team. I think when she was there they won state, if i am correct? That makes me wonder why she would leave such a good team behind. Are there any Monohans people or people from that area that know much about that team and why she would leave such a good school? .....Yes, I know its random that a big football guy such as myself would be wondering all of this in the heat of the football playoffs but I was bored at work and figured i'd ask! Just let me know of you know anything.....

gobblergolf
12-04-2005, 02:12 AM
No one knows anything about this??.....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2005, 09:44 AM
I am pretty sure your coach was a assistant to Patty Dominguezs at Monahans, the lobos are very good in V-Ball winning 8 State titles, But the is one team better, and that would Be Bellville, Bellville beat the Lobos this year in the state game. Bellville has now 9 State titles in V-ball, under Coach Susan Brewer that has been there since the early 1980's.

BTEXDAD
12-04-2005, 12:36 PM
There was a Fricke girl that played on early Bellville state teams. Last I heard she was coaching at high school in San antonio. Another from Bellville coached v-ball for awhile in Halletsville. Not sure where she is now.
You can only have one head volleyball coach. Assistants don't make enough money to stay around long. Coach Brewer has a very dominant personality as probably does the coach from Monahans. That kind of personality works well in getting good things out of players, but IMO not when some of those same players come back to coach alongside the coach.
Best for player to move elsewhere as long as their old coach is still around.