PDA

View Full Version : Question about Monahans/ Sweetwater

run_n_hit
12-02-2005, 09:15 AM
My question is how well does Monahans defend the option. I have not seen them play, but I know that if you struggle to stop the option, Sweetwater has always been tough. Has Monahans played/stopped a veer/midline team? I know Wylie did a good job against them, but that is a strength of Wylie.

vet93
12-02-2005, 09:22 AM
I haven't seen Monahans play this year...I do know that when Coach Owens was at Ballinger that his teams defended the option pretty well. I think that they run a split 6.....which is a decent defense against the option. However, with Barnyard and Skye Green....you can defend the option perfectly and still get torched!

STANG RED
12-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by run_n_hit
My question is how well does Monahans defend the option. I have not seen them play, but I know that if you struggle to stop the option, Sweetwater has always been tough. Has Monahans played/stopped a veer/midline team? I know Wylie did a good job against them, but that is a strength of Wylie.

The problem is, our option is only lethal, if #15 is in at the qb. Otherwise it is just usually jet sweeps, and pure pitches and hand offs (sometime that's enough). You just never know when #15 is going to come in though, and add a spark.

mustang68
12-02-2005, 09:54 AM

We will see in about 10.5 hours.
Defense will determine this one.

Black_Magic
12-02-2005, 11:08 AM
My question is how well does Monahans defend the option. I have not seen them play, but I know that if you struggle to stop the option, Sweetwater has always been tough. Has Monahans played/stopped a veer/midline team? I know Wylie did a good job against them, but that is a strength of Wylie. Not real good. The option is what Snyder hurt Monahans the most with.

injuredinmelee
12-02-2005, 11:28 AM
as i said earlier this week, I love 15 but his knee doesnt look ready. Is he out there too soon? He really wasnt effective against IP except for one play. The knee looks like it is going to collapse when he cuts or spins.

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by mustang68
We will see in about 10.5 hours.
Defense will determine this one.

i'm assuming your making the game 68'...???.....see yah 3rd;)

Black_Magic
12-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
as i said earlier this week, I love 15 but his knee doesnt look ready. Is he out there too soon? He really wasnt effective against IP except for one play. The knee looks like it is going to collapse when he cuts or spins. Word is he is not even as well as he was in that game.... he is injured . not near 100% .. I dont believe it will make much difference anyway. I see Monahnse beating them by 10+ pts. they will hurt them in the air.

STANG RED
12-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
as i said earlier this week, I love 15 but his knee doesnt look ready. Is he out there too soon? He really wasnt effective against IP except for one play. The knee looks like it is going to collapse when he cuts or spins.
He says it doenst bother him at all, but only he really knows for sure. He is wearing a custom made brace, but it would have to limit his mobility some. I think he is really having more problems with the ankle on the other leg though.
He will probably skip basketball season and have surgury on his knee, so he will be ready for baseball. As good as he is in football, he really shines on the baseball diamond!
He may have a bright future with baseball, if he doesnt let football destroy his legs.

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
He says it doenst bother him at all, but only he really knows for sure. He is wearing a custom made brace, but it would have to limit his mobility some. I think he is really having more problems with the ankle on the other leg though.
He will probably skip basketball season and have surgury on his knee, so he will be ready for baseball. As good as he is in football, he really shines on the baseball diamond!
He may have a bright future with baseball, if he doesnt let football destroy his legs.

if anything kendall will sign for baseball...

StangMom2
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
It's funny reading what people post when they really don't know the real truth about someone's well being.

:rolleyes:

LET'S GO MUSTANGS.....LET'S GO!!!! :cheerl:

mustangsince87
12-02-2005, 12:18 PM
i think all this talk about carrilo is plain out stupid. why is everyone talking about carrilo when we've made it this far without him. yea sure with him playing it would help but i think without him we will do just as good. sonny has really come far with running the option. why doesnt anybody give him some credit. i dont even like the kid but still he deserves some major credit for filling in as QB.

STANG RED
12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by StangMom2
It's funny reading what people post when they really don't know the real truth about someone's well being.

:rolleyes:

LET'S GO MUSTANGS.....LET'S GO!!!! :cheerl:
I'm getting all my info from one of the players on the team. I can only assume that it is pretty accurate, but I sure dont know that for sure.

shadow13
12-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Word is he is not even as well as he was in that game.... he is injured . not near 100% .. I dont believe it will make much difference anyway. I see Monahnse beating them by 10+ pts. they will hurt them in the air. If snyder can play Monahans in a close game ,We shouldn't have to much problem beating them. SWEETWATER by 14

Black_Magic
12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
If snyder can play Monahans in a close game ,We shouldn't have to much problem beating them. SWEETWATER by 14 Well if your logic was accurate Wylie would have blown out Snyder. How bad did Wylie Beat Snyder??? wait they didnt..:rolleyes: Better for people the THINK your an idiot than to open your mouth and PROVE that you are.

STANG RED
12-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by mustangsince87
i think all this talk about carrilo is plain out stupid. why is everyone talking about carrilo when we've made it this far without him. yea sure with him playing it would help but i think without him we will do just as good. sonny has really come far with running the option. why doesnt anybody give him some credit. i dont even like the kid but still he deserves some major credit for filling in as QB.
I've given him all the credit in the world in other posts! And your right, he does deserve alot of credit.
But your wrong about still playing, if we didnt have carrilo. Even when he is not in, I believe he provides alot of leadership.

lobo12
12-02-2005, 01:40 PM
they will have adjustments to the option, i think one of the major factors for monahans this year is that they have one of if not the best coach in west texas

mustang04
12-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
they will have adjustments to the option, i think one of the major factors for monahans this year is that they have one of if not the best coach in west texas they have one..not THE hehe

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 01:48 PM
probably a better coach than us...we always get outcoached!

Black_Magic
12-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
probably a better coach than us...we always get outcoached! Ouch! Ssssssss sizzle!

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Ouch! Ssssssss sizzle!

you know its true...we get outcoached but we have enough talent to win despite that

keenoace
12-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Ouch! Ssssssss sizzle!

hahahahaha!LOL

keenoace
12-02-2005, 02:01 PM
you know its true...we get outcoached but we have enough talent to win despite that

HMMMMMMMM :confused: :thinking:

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
HMMMMMMMM :confused: :thinking:

i bet i can get a few sweetwater posters to agree that we get outcoached on a regular basis!!

keenoace
12-02-2005, 02:05 PM
i bet i can get a few sweetwater posters to agree that we get outcoached on a regular basis!!

I'm sure you could...It just amazes me that someone from sweetwater would say something about there coaching staff.

vet93
12-02-2005, 02:19 PM
I am sorry....but even with the great athletes that the Mustangs have....you don't go to the regional finals two years in a row without some very good coaching. Be careful for what you may be wishing for....sometimes the grass is not always greener (redder) on the other side of the coaching fence. Coach Jackson does a very good job.

mustang68
12-02-2005, 02:26 PM

I would like to take this bet. Name your terms.
I do not agree.
How many coaches after only 5 years in a program can boast of 51, to date, wins?
If this is getting outcoached I'll take it each and every year.
''07 your alligator has overloaded your canary.

lobo12
12-02-2005, 03:17 PM
your are one of those people that no matter what happens you blame it on the coaching, it cant ever be the fact tha the other team was better or your players didnt execute, i cant stand it when people blame everything on the coaches

keenoace
12-02-2005, 03:23 PM
your are one of those people that no matter what happens you blame it on the coaching, it cant ever be the fact tha the other team was better or your players didnt execute, i cant stand it when people blame everything on the coaches

I agree

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 03:26 PM

no not at all.....seems i've started something...:thinking:

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I would like to take this bet. Name your terms.
I do not agree.
How many coaches after only 5 years in a program can boast of 51, to date, wins?
If this is getting outcoached I'll take it each and every year.
''07 your alligator has overloaded your canary.

i sure hope this doesn't reflect on my average

mustang68
12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
i sure hope this doesn't reflect on my average

500 word essay defending your position:D

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 03:36 PM
500 word essay defending your position:D

i can write a decent essay....so maybe i will change your position to mine....

mustang68
12-02-2005, 03:38 PM
i can write a decent essay....so maybe i will change your position to mine....

Doubtful. Not enough supporting evidence.

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Doubtful. Not enough supporting evidence.

OUCH.....that really hurts....i'm assuming that was refering to my essay today??

mustang68
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
OUCH.....that really hurts....i'm assuming that was refering to my essay today??

NO the upcoming one on being outcoached in 4-3A football.

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 03:43 PM
NO the upcoming one on being outcoached in 4-3A football.

huh well lemme do some research and i will get back to on monday......as for tonight...what are your predictions??

mustang68
12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
35-14 the good guy in RED

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 03:45 PM
35-14 the good guy in RED

like that prediction hope your right!!.......i say lack of defense on their part gives us the win.....think banyard and skye will turn this into a track meet

mustang68
12-02-2005, 03:47 PM
That score holds only if we get off the a fast start, without having TD's called back as we have seen the pasy few weeks.
If /when we get going it could get ugly. D will be the key.

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 03:48 PM
That score holds only if we get off the a fast start, without having TD's called back as we have seen the pasy few weeks.
If /when we get going it could get ugly. D will be the key.

hoping monahans will get down on themselves and let us fly through the second half with 2nd and 3rd in...i say us by 10+

sweetwater07
12-02-2005, 03:51 PM
i'll see you at the M&G tonight 68' ...gotta go to work right now so i can leave early....shhhhhh

mustang68
12-02-2005, 03:53 PM
i'll see you at the M&G tonight 68' ...gotta go to work right now so i can leave early....shhhhhh

Be safe.

Tweeder215
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
'68, I'm headed to the game. I'll see you there same time same place. I say us 35-21. Be Safe on the drive up there, there is only one thing though. I believe '07 might be right on the coaching standpoint (not so far this year with the exception of one mistake) but in the last 3-4 years. See you there.

jmcgee
12-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Everyone have a safe trip. See yall there.

mustang68
12-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
'68, I'm headed to the game. I'll see you there same time same place. I say us 35-21. Be Safe on the drive up there, there is only one thing though. I believe '07 might be right on the coaching standpoint (not so far this year with the exception of one mistake) but in the last 3-4 years. See you there.

Be SAFE

TheDOCTORdre
12-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I say the score is gonna be 34-31...as far as the being outcoached goes I will say that the stangs have been outcoached a few times...one time that sticks out was not being out coached as far as the head coach goes but an offenzive coordinator

mustang68
12-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I say the score is gonna be 34-31...as far as the being outcoached goes I will say that the stangs have been outcoached a few times...one time that sticks out was not being out coached as far as the head coach goes but an offenzive coordinator

I agree good Dr.
Offensively outcoached several times.
Seemed to get in a rut.
Maybe a poor decision two years ago in the playoffs, but that was poor call not being outcoached