PDA

View Full Version : Will Aggies Pull for Longhorns in the Rose Bowl?

Cardinalbb
12-01-2005, 06:30 PM
:confused: :thinking: I was wondering....if the Longhorns go on and win the Big 12, and make it to the Rose Bowl against USC, will Aggies pull for the Longhorns to win the national championship? or would they rather see them fall on their face?
Inquiring minds want to know!!:doh:

Pmoney
12-01-2005, 06:32 PM
thats a good ?

TAMUGRAD
12-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Cardinalbb
:confused: :thinking: I was wondering....if the Longhorns go on and win the Big 12, and make it to the Rose Bowl against USC, will Aggies pull for the Longhorns to win the national championship?

not this Ag

Bulldog_12
12-01-2005, 06:46 PM
I dont know. I would like to say that I would, but recruiting is already so hard for us that a NC would make it even harder. The texan in me wants to, but the competitor does not.

lostaussie
12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
i will. i'm not a hateful aggie. one of these days:) in a land far, far, away:) i would hope ya'll would return the favor.

Cardinalbb
12-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i will. i'm not a hateful aggie. one of these days:) in a land far, far, away:) i would hope ya'll would return the favor.

Well believe it or not. I root for the Aggies until they play Texas! So that day may be closer than you think.:)

AggieJohn
12-01-2005, 07:09 PM
this former student is.........co-share in payout for BCS bowl game

3afan
12-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
not this Ag

why not?

lepfan
12-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I would think you would always root for a school from your home state...and then you should root for the team from your conference for the national championship (if a team from your conference is playing)....I am not a Longhorn fan by any means...but if they get a bid for the Rose Bowl...I will root for them to win...

aggie
12-01-2005, 07:35 PM
no...because i don't want to hear all of these "t-shirt fans" go on and on about how great "their" university.

AggieJohn
12-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by aggie
no...because i don't want to hear all of these "t-shirt fans" go on and on about how great "their" university.

i'm sure that we ags had alot of them during the mid 80's when we beat the like 10 out of 11 times, but i can agree with you.....my fiancee will get razzed by a UT supporter and her response will be "and what year did you graduate", shuts them up immediately....

i hate t-shirt sips......

lepfan
12-01-2005, 07:41 PM

I am sure you would 'gone on and on' about yours if you were in the same shoes.:rolleyes: People just need to be happy and proud of other's accomplishments...even if it hairlips the pooh out of you. (or should I say hairlips the whoop out of you) ;)

Cardinalbb
12-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i'm sure that we ags had alot of them during the mid 80's when we beat the like 10 out of 11 times, but i can agree with you.....my fiancee will get razzed by a UT supporter and her response will be "and what year did you graduate", shuts them up immediately....

OK, how's this......when UT, or tu as you call it, wins the national championship, All Longhorn fans will drink their tea from a gig um coffee cup as ag's smear horse poop on the band with the gay looking uniforms, and the corp sword flinger proves his manhood by running through a few cheerleaders with his boy scout sword.:D :D

Bottom line....we should support each other.....PERIOD!:D

KTJ
12-01-2005, 07:51 PM

You do realize that A&M has "t-shirt" fans as well, right? I ran into some at the game last week and there are some who even post on this website.

Stop the holier than thou act. No one is buying it.

And to those who said yes, I say thank you.

Ranger Mom
12-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Okay...I have to plead ignorance here!

What in the heck is a "t-shirt" fan?

Pirate66
12-01-2005, 07:53 PM
i'll support the state not actually the team itself

Cardinalbb
12-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Okay...I have to plead ignorance here!

What in the heck is a "t-shirt" fan?

Someone who didn't go to school there, they just bought the t-shirt.

AggiesAreWe
12-01-2005, 08:01 PM
This Aggie will pull for the Horns in a national title game, but probably not in any other type game. It doesn't hurt that they will play USC, I don't like them at all.

Ranger Mom
12-01-2005, 08:02 PM

Ohhhh....so my 16 y/o daughter with all her UT clothes is a "t-shirt" fan??

Hehe...I'm gonna love this!!:D

lepfan
12-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Someone who didn't go to school there, they just bought the t-shirt. Sooooo, if they make fun of the 't-shirt' fans they are not doing themselves or their university any favors.

If you take away all the $$$ spent on tickets bought, 't-shirts' bought....etc....the university (athletic dept) would go broke. They should be GRATEFUL to the 't-shirt fans'!!!!

Who came up with that 'tshirt fan' term?
...they are STUPID...IMO!

Cardinalbb
12-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ohhhh....so my 16 y/o daughter with all her UT clothes is a "t-shirt" fan??

Hehe...I'm gonna love this!!:D

I'm afraid so......break it to her gently. I wouldn't want her to be set back emotionally 5 to 10 years knowing that she was only a.........(looks left, then right, and with a whisper says).........
T-shirt fan.

3afan
12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
i didnt go to UT but I grew up near Austin & I really like wearing my "TEXAS" cap up here amongst the Hokies (and driving my truck with the Texas plates ...) ---- does that make me a cap fan? is that better or worse than a t-shirt fan?

mwynn05
12-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Well not really because she isnt qualified to go t Texas yet since she hasnt graduated hs

Bullaholic
12-01-2005, 08:11 PM

I'm going to add a little to the definition of a "t-shirt" fan. I don't think any team minds support from anyone who wears their colors to show support, regardless if they have any alum connections or not. The term "t-shirt" fan used in a derogotory way applies to any fan who never passionately supports any particular team year-in, year-out but "bandwagons" by supporting anybody winning big in the season and wears their colors.

Cardinalbb
12-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i didnt go to UT but I grew up near Austin & I really like wearing my "TEXAS" cap up here amongst the Hokies (and driving my truck with the Texas plates ...) ---- does that make me a cap fan? is that better or worse than a t-shirt fan?

I think that falls in the catagory of better. I'm not sure, but I don't think that a cap costs as much as a "T". Now on the other hand if the "T" is less in price then of course it would be worse.

lepfan
12-01-2005, 08:12 PM

ok....Not a UT t-shirt fan....but I do have an OU license plate I display here in Kansass....we need to know who is better
...t shirts
...caps
...license plates
...window stickers
...fancy car emblems
OR...flag wavers driving down the highway fan ??????

Maybe one of "THEM" can answer that for us.

Wait....what about this big OU tatoo.....where do I rate with that one.

3afan
12-01-2005, 08:14 PM
of course my Texas plate is a real state of Texas plate, not a U of Texas plate ........

lepfan
12-01-2005, 08:16 PM
of course my Texas plate is a real state of Texas plate, not a U of Texas plate ........

That was a sad day when I had to replace my texas plate with a Kansas plate....I think Kansas makes their license plates out of 24K gold...they must, because they cost sooooo much!!!

Cardinalbb
12-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
ok....Not a UT t-shirt fan....but I do have an OU license plate I display here in Kansass....we need to know who is better
...t shirts
...caps
...license plates
...window stickers
...fancy car emblems
OR...flag wavers driving down the highway fan ??????

Maybe one of "THEM" can answer that for us.

Wait....what about this big OU tatoo.....where do I rate with that one.

Depends on where the tatoo is located....above the waist, below the wast, frontal side-vs-back side. It really is technical. You must also divulge the size of the tatoo, and if it is at a 90 degree angle to the ground. It's all in the university's handbook. Look right there next to RIDICULOUS! :D :D

lepfan
12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Depends on where the tatoo is located....above the waist, below the wast, frontal side-vs-back side. It really is technical. You must also divulge the size of the tatoo, and if it is at a 90 degree angle to the ground. It's all in the university's handbook. Look right there next to RIDICULOUS! :D :D

LOL - ridiculous is right...I am too chicken to do that...I will stick to my window stickers, t-shirts, and flags :)

Cardinalbb
12-01-2005, 10:59 PM
LOL - ridiculous is right...I am too chicken to do that...I will stick to my window stickers, t-shirts, and flags :)

Same here. I guess I'll be a T-shirt fan. I go to the games, and if my old shirt is worn out.....I'll buy a new one! I will say that I don't own an aggie shirt, and if I did it would be a work shirt. I would save my Longhorn shirts and use them as my Sunday go to meeting shirts! I'd have to find a clip on tie to match though.:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-01-2005, 11:20 PM
applying the same rule as RM's daughter, since she hasnt graduated HS yet, and there for is not eligable to go there, can i be claimed under the same exemption? because i am planning on attending the school once i ets from the army.

big daddy russ
12-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Back to the original topic, I don't know if I will. I've become pretty caught up with all the Ag traditions and UT fans don't seem to like that a whole lot. Go figure.

My Texas pride doesn't bind me to root for the Horns just like it doesn't bind me to buy stock in Enron. If anything, that Texan pride has made me dislike UT more after last weekend. When a tu student standing in an A&M student ticket line at Kyle who you've never met taps you on the shoulder and asks you why you want to spend $42 to watch your team get their butts kicked, that pride makes you want to fire right back. I did, and I loved every minute of it. I pissed him off pretty good, then he turns around and calls us no-class rednecks. Had the pleasure of sitting next to three UT fans at the game who weren't much different.

I'm all but married to an Aggie and I've been pushed away from rooting for "tu" more and more as the years go on. Amanda has close family who are tu alums and I have some close friends, but I guess that some of the other fans I've met have really turned me off of the Horns.

Personal experience has soured my preference towards the Horns over the years. Seems like everyone on this board says otherwise, but after being around a bunch of fans of both schools, I'm definitely a t-shirt fan of A&M.

District303aPastPlayer
12-02-2005, 03:58 AM

i hate to say it, but you are now a T-shirt Ag. You are an Islander at this present point in time, and you will be once you graduate, your Aggie days are behind you

chugbug
12-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I think that both Universities have fans that they are not proud of. My son's high school once had a principal that had his office decorated in aggie colors along with items such as an aggie bowling ball etc. I basically told him that he should get a life. I graduated form The University of Texas in 1975. I have alot of friends that are Aggies. I want Texas A&M to win all of their football games except the one against U.T. In fact rather than watch the Texas game on T.V., I watched the Texas A&M game against Ohio State. If A&M was playing in the Rose Bowl against USC, on that day I would be an Aggie, because they are from our great state. To all those who disagree, I say get a life. The sun does not rise and set over your university. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

aggie
12-02-2005, 10:07 AM
i actually have no problem with the university of texas, and the people who went there....it is a very fine institution. my problem is with the people who didn't go there, who most likely never stepped foot on the campus of an institute of higher learning, yet act like ut. is the greatest thing since sliced bread ( and yes i am aware that during the early 90's, a&m had the same fans.)

Phil C
12-02-2005, 10:28 AM
THERE IS TOO MUCH OF A LOSS OF FOCUSSNESS HERE! KEEP YOUR COMPOSURE!

3ABirdMan
12-02-2005, 10:33 AM
........... my problem is with the people who didn't go there, who most likely never stepped foot on the campus of an institute of higher learning, yet act like ut. is the greatest thing since sliced bread ( and yes i am aware that during the early 90's, a&m had the same fans.)

THOSE are the people I dislike so much as t-shirt fans, REGARDLESS of the t-shirt they are wearing. I had very little admiration for the aTm t-shirt fans in the late 80's / early 90's, and a little less admiration for tu t-shirt fans now that the tide has turned in their favor.

In fact, I have very little admiration for ANY t-shirt fan. Either you wear the shirt all the time, or you don't! Don't just jump on the bandwagon when a team or school is winning! Support them all the time, or don't support them at all! IF I were going to Katy tonight to support my friends from WO-S(which I CAN'T do - dang basketball tournament!), I would wear my BC red, cause that's who I am - Not a mustang (and I AM NOT implying that's a BAD thing!).

Oh, Yeah! the answer is NO - After all, I am a FORMER STUDENT (class of '82). :D

lepfan
12-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
I say get a life. The sun does not rise and set over your university. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

I agree totally. :)

Bullaholic
12-02-2005, 11:17 AM
IMO, no one should ever have to defend why they are a fan and a supporter of a certain school or team. It is you right, and I enjoy everyone who supports their team---especially the "passionate" fans. There is no glory or satisfaction in your team winning over a less than worthy opponent. I once cited the example of the character "Jerimiah Johnson" from the movie of the same name. Jerimiah Johnson asked another old mountain man why the Crow warriors sought him out with such zeal to try to kill him. The old mountain man replied---"A Crow warrior judges his bravery by how mighty his enemies be." So it is in athletic competition. Now, as to unpleasant experiences with certain team's fans, I can only say that we are all "human" and tend to "paint" whole towns and schools with 1 color "brush" based on those experiences, much like we do our cars---If we buy a Chevy and the transmission goes out, Chevys are "bad" cars and not worthy of our future purchases and we tell everyone how "sorry" Chevys are. The key is to support your school's teams with all of the zeal and enthusiasm that you want, but do not be malicious, vulgar, obnoxious, or "classless" when doing so, and do not take offense when you opponent's fans do likewise and are enthusiastic about their team. There are generally accepted unwritten rules of "engagement" in athletic competition for fans just like there are "written" rules for the players on the field. If we all adhere to these unwritten "standards" of good conduct when attending athletic events---everyone's experiences are enhanced---including our opponent's, which in-turn adds to our own. Best of Luck--go be an "example" to to your school and support it with tremendous enthusiasm and great energy---not an "embarrassment".

Phantom Stang
12-02-2005, 11:27 AM

Southlake Carroll has a lot of "window sticker" fans all over the Metroplex.

Phantom Stang
12-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Southlake Carroll has a lot of "window sticker" fans all over the Metroplex.
oops!! I meant to edit

handNthedirt
12-02-2005, 11:35 AM
NEVER....GO BUFFS!!!!

Phantom Stang
12-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
NEVER....GO BUFFS!!!!
;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :clap:

yoepride
12-02-2005, 03:40 PM
OK, this is a topic I am an expert on, seeing that I graduated from A&M and now I am attending graduate school at UT. And before, someone asks how could I do this (I get that question almost everytime I mention attending A&M and UT), I am a passionate Aggie. Both schools are world-class institutions and it is an honor to have attended and be attending them.

This recent Thanksgiving game was a perfect example of how I felt about this subject. My wife's family is totally UT to the bone (several graduates). My wife and I are the only A&M graduates. The family gave us hell that whole morning. Everyone wondered why I wasn't rooting for UT since I am attending school there now. I explained to them the phrase, "Once an aggie, always an aggie". Asked them if they graduated from UT and were attending A&M for grad school, who they would root for. Of course, their answer was UT.

But I told them that I wanted to see the Aggies give the Longhorns a good game, but for the Longhorns to win. The Aggies have had an unspectacular year, and I didn't want this year to be the year people remember for knocking UT out of a chance at a national championship. I cheered every time A&M scored, but I am glad UT won.

Thus, I will be rooting for UT if they get to the Rose Bowl. We should be proud of the opportunity this presents to highlight football in Texas, not just a particular college program, but the Texas high school programs that produce all of the great athletes on our favorite college teams across the nation.

Morale of the story: Even a passionate Aggie can cheer for the Longhorns, sometimes!!! Also, the schools and football programs love "t-shirt" fans - a major economic benefit for the schools. And, you don't have to attend a university to be a fan of that university.

Thanks for you time! GO YOE!!

SuusJudex
12-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by yoepride
OK, this is a topic I am an expert on, seeing that I graduated . . . . Morale of the story: Even a passionate Aggie can cheer for the Longhorns, sometimes!!! Also, the schools and football programs love "t-shirt" fans - a major economic benefit for the schools. And, you don't have to attend a university to be a fan of that university.

Thanks for you time! GO YOE!!

What a fantastic post. I have always been a Longhorn fan, but circumstances dictated that I attend ungrad and grad school at two other insitutions. I never stopped bleeding burnt orange. I also never stopped pulling for A&M when they weren't playing UT - until the year the Miami trounced UT in the Cotton Bowl. You see, in that year, I had the misfortune of living with a person who had transferred from A&M after spending a year in the corp. When he found out that I was a Longhorn fan, he did everything possible to rub anything negative about UT in my face. It didn't even have to be football related. UT could lose at badminton to any school in the country and it would be posted on the refrigerator. Heck, it didn't even have to be sports related. There was no end to it. I was disgusted at his glee as the Hurricanes embarrassed the Horns here in Texas. What was worse was the number of A&M fans that shared the sentiment. I just thought it was truly sad. I had always thought of the UT-A&M situation as something akin to a sybling rivalry. You could terrorize each other, but if outsiders poked in, you'd stick up for them to the end. I would hope that more people shared that sentiment, but it has taken me a long time to go back to being a completely state of Texas homer. A lot of Aggie fans make it really hard. Posts like this give me hope that more people will recognize that both schools have great tradition and pride and that mutual respect is deserved. As far as I am concerned, the better Big 12 South teams do overall, the better is makes all of us look. Hook em.

vet93
12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
This Aggie says....Go Longhorns...Trounce the Trojans!!!

bhillfan
12-02-2005, 04:58 PM
I will pull for TU.. I have my orders, aTm, then comes the Texas teams and big 12 so I would love to see them beat up on USC

lepfan
12-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by bhillfan
I will pull for TU.. I have my orders, aTm, then comes the Texas teams and big 12 so I would love to see them beat up on USC

TU???? TU stands for Tulsa University....UT stands for University of Texas.... ;)

handNthedirt
12-02-2005, 06:03 PM
TU???? TU stands for Tulsa University....UT stands for University of Texas.... ;)

tEXAS uNIVERSITY = sUB vARSITY :D

Hupernikomen
12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Being from the great State of Texas I have always cheered on all of our Texas schools with great pride and admiration. I didn't attend either of the schools, but seem to lean toward UT lately since they have been more successful. I am slowing coming back to being able to stand A&M after having the misfortune of rooming with a Ag-ex in college (he couldn't quite finish up there). It wasn't so much the praise for the Ags, but the disdain for the Longhorns that turned me off. Don't know if my experience would have been the same if I would have roomed with an UT-ex or not, but the continual bickering and venom that is spewed back and forth gets SO OLD!

Cardinalbb
12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
OK, it's final. USC and Texas in the Rose Bowl. Now lets get down to the nitty gritty. Will those Longhorns get some Aggie support, or will they chose to want the Horns to fall flat on their face? Talk it up....I want to know!

vet93
12-04-2005, 10:40 PM
You already have my answer Cardinalbb!

Originally posted by vet93
This Aggie says....Go Longhorns...Trounce the Trojans!!!

neck_06
12-05-2005, 08:30 AM
this aggie is pulling for the horns.

Cardinalbb
12-05-2005, 09:26 AM
I've been a Horn fan for years, and I pull for the Aggies too, but there is one thing that worries me about this years Rose Bowl game...............Reggie Bush! This guy is unreal!

keenoace
12-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Sweet Pic!!! That's all I have to say!!!
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/photoviewer/?photo_id=current#id=120305&num=1

JasperDog94
12-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by yoepride
And, you don't have to attend a university to be a fan of that university. I was beginning to wonder if this was a cardinal sin or something.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
tEXAS uNIVERSITY = sUB vARSITY :D

So yall got beat by a sub varsity team, on your field, when they were having a bad game?????....thats not saying much for yall.....:D

Thanks to all the Ags who are supporting us though

hoosierdaddy
12-05-2005, 05:31 PM

In other words, all those people that end up at barber college, sandwich university, etc. that bust our chops about being Aggies. In reality if texas had the record that A&M ended with this year they wouldn't even admit they owned a burnt orange t-shirt.

hoosierdaddy
12-05-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm Aggie to the core but I will root for the tea-sips over any California team. Gotta back the Big 12.

AggieJohn
12-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
You do realize that A&M has "t-shirt" fans as well, right? I ran into some at the game last week and there are some who even post on this website.

Stop the holier than thou act. No one is buying it.

And to those who said yes, I say thank you.

get off your high horse KTJ, i don't have no holier than thou art act going on right now, and while i do acknowledge that A&M has their allotment of them too, i would definately say that Texas has them running out of the woodworks......their loud and boisterous, and it pissses me off.....

that being said, i'm rooting for UT....but t.u. won't beat the ags next year behind former 3a'er stephen mcgee...expect a good defense and a even better offense...

see i can say tu and UT in the same sentance...get over the fact that something that "we" do is just that, something "we" do...you can PM me and call me and idiot all that you want too....in fact i encourage it....

also, yes i don't go there anymore, and yes i am enrolled at a&m-corpus and do support my islanders.......but interestingly enough i can still enroll for next semester at A&M in college station, so i don't consider myself a t-shirter yet....in fact, crap i just remembered i have to pay a parking ticket, stupid 30 min parking

and also t-shirt sips are not a bad thing, but when they try to bust your BUTT about how the whorns beat up on the ags, it gets old, and i get irrational, but who would of guessed that....

AggieJohn
12-05-2005, 06:13 PM
in response sort of to what russ says, my dislike for t.u. is just on a fan level, i respect the institution as an academic institution but love getting the rivalry heated, it's all part of the pagentry that is college sports.....

that being said, my fiancee is a graduate class of 05 and the guy that is marrying us, keith, my best friend is a t-sip, who i love dearly is class of 05 as well....and he is an amazing guy, so i don't just burn on students there, just the athletic part of the institution

TAMUGRAD
12-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
...after being around a bunch of fans of both schools, I'm definitely a t-shirt fan of A&M.

Whoop!!!

Cardinalbb
12-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by hoosierdaddy
In other words, all those people that end up at barber college, sandwich university, etc. that bust our chops about being Aggies. In reality if texas had the record that A&M ended with this year they wouldn't even admit they owned a burnt orange t-shirt.

Disagree, I was still a UT fan when the Ag's were kicking butt a few years back. I didn't skirt! I've been a fan since Woo, Woo, Woster was the running back in the late 60's early 70's. I think the fans remain fans.....they just aren't as vocal maybe?

I with you about not rooting for a California team. Something just wouldn't seem right if I did.

JasperDog94
12-06-2005, 09:47 AM
...t.u. won't beat the ags next year behind former 3a'er stephen mcgee...expect a good defense and a even better offense... Same song, second verse.

AggieJohn
12-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Same song, second verse.

*off the redbutt bandwagon for a second* i think that even if vince comes back, i think that the ags give them a run for their money next year, i really think that mcgee, and i've said it since they signed him, is going to be a flagship quarterback for this program, i really can say with all seriousness that he has the potential, especially with a new DC coming in too help right the ship.....i mean you saw how much better the team played with him in t+1....

KTJ
12-06-2005, 10:16 AM
get off your high horse KTJ, i don't have no holier than thou art act going on right now, and while i do acknowledge that A&M has their allotment of them too, i would definately say that Texas has them running out of the woodworks......their loud and boisterous, and it pissses me off.....

that being said, i'm rooting for UT....but t.u. won't beat the ags next year behind former 3a'er stephen mcgee...expect a good defense and a even better offense...

see i can say tu and UT in the same sentance...get over the fact that something that "we" do is just that, something "we" do...you can PM me and call me and idiot all that you want too....in fact i encourage it....

also, yes i don't go there anymore, and yes i am enrolled at a&m-corpus and do support my islanders.......but interestingly enough i can still enroll for next semester at A&M in college station, so i don't consider myself a t-shirter yet....in fact, crap i just remembered i have to pay a parking ticket, stupid 30 min parking

and also t-shirt sips are not a bad thing, but when they try to bust your BUTT about how the whorns beat up on the ags, it gets old, and i get irrational, but who would of guessed that....

What high horse? Does it not get annoying that you all just assume that every Texas fan is a "t-shirt" fan?

And A&M will not beat UT in Austin next year. You can bank on that. If you think all you need is Stephen McGee to guide A&m to end their 6 year losing streak then you're wrong. Texas still, even next year, as way too many weapons and will be on a different level again.

And didn't we hear not too long ago how Reggie McNeal will do the same thing? And look what happened.

AggieJohn
12-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
What high horse? Does it not get annoying that you all just assume that every Texas fan is a "t-shirt" fan?

And A&M will not beat UT in Austin next year. You can bank on that. If you think all you need is Stephen McGee to guide A&m to end their 6 year losing streak then you're wrong. Texas still, even next year, as way too many weapons and will be on a different level again.

And didn't we hear not too long ago how Reggie McNeal will do the same thing? And look what happened.

you got me on reggie he tanked.....

but as of right now, we are seeing all the world of t-shirt bandwagon sip fans, and it is annoying....

just because i went to a&m doesn't mean i want you, the t-shirt sip, too let me know how you are doing, trust me i know....

and i'm saying that in general, not to you KTJ

BTEXDAD
12-06-2005, 10:35 AM
ONe more take on this. I'm sure many of you are aware, but the Big 12 schools would have been able to get more money if Colorado had beaten UT in title game.
That would have meant CU would have gotten automatic BCS bid and most likely UT would have gotten at large bid. With the two teams in BCS games, the payout would have been bigger for all big 12 teams.
Even though it brings prestige to conference to have team winning or even playing for national title, I would guess that most big 12 schools other than UT were pulling for colorado.
Now that only one big 12 school in BCS, I would think other schools (including aggies) are pulling for UT.
Money is what makes this BCS system go. It also keeps the conference title games going. My understanding is that Big 12 coaches vote against the conference title game every year, but AD's all vote for it.

WestTXLonghorn
12-06-2005, 10:36 AM

but as of right now, we are seeing all the world of t-shirt bandwagon sip fans, and it is annoying....

just because i went to a&m doesn't mean i want you, the t-shirt sip, too let me know how you are doing, trust me i know....

So when are you Aggies gonna wise up and fire Franchione? I heard that Mack and the 'Horns played bad on purpose just so ya'll WOULDN'T fire him. That way we could keep kicking the crap outta ya'll every year.;)

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:01 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!!!!!!!!

KTJ
12-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Good. Because I'm a proud Texas Ex, class of 2005.

But back to my original point--when is it a crime to cheer for a team you like? Who cares if you went to that university or not. Life is too short for us to be worrying about whether or not it's legal to cheer for a certain team for fear that others will call us a "t-shirt" fan. There's more crap out there to worry about, to be honest.