PDA

View Full Version : Excitement, tragedy, and unuasual happenings in Milam County

CenTexSports
12-01-2005, 02:54 PM
You woundn't think living in the middle of nowhere (Milam County) where more people lived in 1900 than lived here in 2000 would have much going on. We have been on the national news twice this week.

Tragedy - A 76 year old Thorndale woman was attacked and killed by a pack of dogs this week and it was on the national news.

Unuasual - The mile long Little River bridge that was built in 1947 was blown up this week. (I thought my house had been hit by a train.) This was also on national news.

Wierd - A local woman (graduate of Yoe) with three small kids was arrested in Robinson) for shooting and killing her husband.

Boy do we live in an exciting area and we don't even have a local Wal-Mart.

zeus63
12-01-2005, 02:57 PM
No wonder you have so many strange things happening. It's just un-American not to have a Wal-Mart.

CenTexSports
12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Yea, I know. Some one from Odessa last year told me that they lived in the middle of nowhere. I asked them how far they had to drive to a WalMart and they said about 3 miles. I told them we drove 34 miles to the nearest superstore and 18 to the nearest regular WalMart. He said I won.

KingRob
12-01-2005, 03:59 PM
One requirement to build a Wal-Mart is having a large illegal alien population to clean the stores after closing. Milam County probably won't get a store for some time....:D

Old Tiger
12-01-2005, 08:13 PM
We got a super wal-mart in rockdale!