PDA

View Full Version : Who Will West Texas Support?

Bullaholic
12-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Now that Sweetwater and Monahans are the remaining 3A West Texas playoff teams, who will the surrounding communities support? How about the Ab-Wylie fans? How about the fans of the other schools in the other classifications 1-2-4 & 5A? Historically, who have they supported when their team was done? Other than Snyder, are there schools with historical like-dislike for these schools in the playoffs? Will they support with their attendance?

shankbear
12-01-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm west of Louisiana...does that count. GO WO-S!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
12-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
I'm west of Louisiana...does that count. GO WO-S!!!!!!!

Shankbear....you better behave or I'll tell all these posters that you are really a lawyer and not a piano player in a house of ill repute like you told them.

DukeNukem
12-01-2005, 02:35 PM
permian basin aka midland odessa area will support monahans. big country and concho valley aka abilene and san angelo will be sweetwater's backers. not sure about north like lubbock area.

shankbear
12-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Guilty as charged!!!! The piano gig was just to get over Hurricane Rita.

STANG RED
12-01-2005, 02:37 PM
I think both schools will get tons of support from all of West Texas before and after this game.
The winner will inherit the whole bunch, after the game is over.
I just hope the Mustangs can pull it off!
But, if Monahans gets the win, I'll be behind them 100%!

WitchyWoman
12-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think both schools will get tons of support from all of West Texas before and after this game.
The winner will inherit the whole bunch, after the game is over.
I just hope the Mustangs can pull it off!
But, if Monahans gets the win, I'll be behind them 100%!

Yeah exactly what he said... :D

zeus63
12-01-2005, 02:53 PM
me, my mom and dad will be there wearing Kelley green, GO LOBOES!!!

STANG RED
12-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
me, my mom and dad will be there wearing Kelley green, GO LOBOES!!!

Is'nt Kelley green for Kelley girls?
LOL. Sorry. I couldnt help myself. It's just in the RED blood I guess!

zeus63
12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Is'nt Kelley green for Kelley girls?
LOL. Sorry. I couldnt help myself. It's just in the RED blood I guess!

???
Either I'm too young or you're too old, but I just don't get that joke.

zeus63
12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Oh, what the heck? LOL!!! I'll laugh anyways cause I'm sure it was funny.

panther power
12-01-2005, 03:22 PM
" west texas " will support Monahans, the " big country " will support sweetwater.....

pero chato
12-01-2005, 03:23 PM
???

Kelley girls are (or were) a temp employment service for secretaries and such.

Adidas410s
12-01-2005, 03:28 PM
For me personally I had some "run-in's" with some "people" from Monahans at state and regional tourneys my freshman and sophmore years. Then again, I did get hosed by one particular "student" from Sweetwater at district my senior year and we went from being #3 or 4 in the state to not going to regionals. Then that kid tried to start a fight with a coach from Wylie. Other than that, I have always liked people from Sweetwater (save 1 customer I had at work a few years back) and they are in Wylie's district and it has always been a good, clean rivalry (save the benches almost clearing this year after back-to-back personal fouls on Sweetwater and Wylie players retaliating)....so yeah...

GO RED BEAT GREEN!!!

STANG RED
12-01-2005, 03:31 PM
???
I guess both is correct.
I dont guess there are any Kelley girls around any more. I dont know. It was the original temp service I think. My secretarty tells me, they are just called Kelley Services now.

Adidas410s
12-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I guess both is correct.
I dont guess there are any Kelley girls around any more. I dont know. It was the original temp service I think. My secretarty tells me, they are just called Kelley Services now.

yeah we still have them in Abilene I know that. Kelley "Services"...that leaves a lot of room for interpretation

mulefan
12-01-2005, 04:32 PM
MONAHANS

DaHop72
12-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by mulefan
MONAHANS
Let' see, home town, graduated from, that would be:
Sweetwater Mustangs.

smustangs
12-01-2005, 05:06 PM
ill be backin the mustangs all the way lets go boys

Ranger Mom
12-01-2005, 07:50 PM
I am really and truly torn over this. I have been a fan of Sweetwater's for a while now and have always rooted for them once Greenwood was out.

I am not used to having another 3-3A team in the running at this point in the season....so I feel the need to root them on also.

Needless to say, I will be happy for whoever makes it and sad for whoever is left behind!

:p How politically correct is THAT?:p

mustang04
12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am really and truly torn over this. I have been a fan of Sweetwater's for a while now and have always rooted for them once Greenwood was out.

I am not used to having another 3-3A team in the running at this point in the season....so I feel the need to root them on also.

Needless to say, I will be happy for whoever makes it and sad for whoever is left behind!

i NEVER want to see you again:( :(

Ranger Mom
12-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i NEVER want to see you again:( :(

:hand: Okie dokie!!

(See ya tomorrow night):kiss:

wtxmike
12-01-2005, 08:44 PM

very

Bullaholic
12-01-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm guesing that the Odessa folks will support Monahans and Midland folks will support Sweetwater because of the geographic proximities and the Odessa-Midland rivalry.

How about Big Spring?
San Angelo?
Merkel?
Clyde?
Ballinger?

Ranger Mom
12-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm guesing that the Odessa folks will support Monahans and Midland folks will support Sweetwater because of the geographic proximities and the Odessa-Midland rivalry.

How about Big Spring?
San Angelo?
Merkel?
Clyde?
Ballinger?

Actually, most Midland people I have talked to are supporting Monahans...because they ARE in Greenwood's district.

whtfbplaya
12-01-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't know!

wtxmike
12-01-2005, 09:20 PM

RANGER MOM, WILL GIVE YOU A GREEN LOBOE SHIRT IF U'LL WEAR IT............... LOL

sweetwater08
12-01-2005, 10:10 PM
i think that they will cheer for both teams, beause after this game there will be only ONE west texas team left