PDA

View Full Version : its getting cold

surfspike
10-09-2002, 12:48 AM
its about that time for football season to become frigid. The linemen love it, whereas everyone else hates it. Gonna have to break out the blankets for playoffs. Looks to be a cold one. :cool:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-09-2002, 01:05 AM
It's about darn time! :D Winter is my favorite time of year! I LOVE cold weather! And i'm a South Texas boy too, go figure! eek! (maybe that's why one of my nicknames was "Polar Bear") :cool:

chris02
10-10-2002, 11:25 AM
gotta love going to cold football games. everyone bundled up in big blankets and hot chocolate everywhere. that's what football season is supposed to be like, i love it!

lildawg07
10-10-2002, 06:27 PM
I like it cold at football games...but not to cold!

PPHSfan
10-10-2002, 06:53 PM
Well I hate to bust your bubble but I am sure it will get warm again before it gets cold. The reason I know this is Deer season in Texas is still almost a month away, and it never fails that I find myself on opening day hunting in a T-shirt and shorts. :p

tors2002
10-10-2002, 07:08 PM
52 degrees is the high for Sunday near Lubbock. Gotta be real cold up near Perryton and Amarillo at night. I hate the cold. Love the 80 degree weather thought. :cool:

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2002, 07:09 PM
BRING ON THE COLD!!!

Do you guys notice that the smell of cut grass and sprinklers make you think of football starting...

But, the smell of hot chocolate and my coffee thermos makes me think of PLAYOFFS! :D

Here is my "token, boring, glory days" story...

When we played in Iowa Park my Junior year, it was about 25°F at gametime. There was just a touch of drizzle falling. When we played the first snap, my fingers felt like pretzles breaking when I fought that O-Guard. MMMmmmm, nothing better than cold fingers in the facemask.

Of course, it worked both ways... the big ol guard couldn't grab my jersey and hold so much with frozen fingers... wink wink wink