PDA

View Full Version : If WOS and Newton...

kosmo
11-30-2005, 04:06 PM
WOS and Newton were supposed to play the Friday night Hurricane Rita hit. Of course that did not happen. However, here is the chance for them to play. How cool would it be, if they both won state to see them play in week 16. Since they are both in division 1, they would only play fifteen weeks. Of course, it would not be an official game, but I think that would be an amazing game to watch. It would probably be more exciting to watch than their respective state championship games. The bragging rights alone for each school would be worth the game IMO. I for one would like to see Hooks and Barbay set it up. Let's hear some thoughts.

spiveyrat
11-30-2005, 04:23 PM
:thumbsup:

Hindsight2020
11-30-2005, 04:24 PM
they got rained out last year as well.

so far, wo-s has a flawless record against newton.

but that game would never happen, in week 16 that is.

WOSgrad
11-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by kosmo
WOS and Newton were supposed to play the Friday night Hurricane Rita hit. Of course that did not happen. However, here is the chance for them to play. How cool would it be, if they both won state to see them play in week 16. Since they are both in division 1, they would only play fifteen weeks. Of course, it would not be an official game, but I think that would be an amazing game to watch. It would probably be more exciting to watch than their respective state championship games. The bragging rights alone for each school would be worth the game IMO. I for one would like to see Hooks and Barbay set it up. Let's hear some thoughts.

Well, I would love to see this game take place. However, the last two times this game has been scheduled, natural disasters, last year, a tropical storm which dumped heavy rain on the area, and this year, Hurrican Rita, have followed.

I am not really anxious to see what would follow this one!!!

smustangs
11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
haha true so play in stephenville so i wouldnt have to drive very far no hurricane here haha

Hupernikomen
11-30-2005, 07:28 PM
I think Newton would have beaten WO-S last year, but this year I bet would be a very good game..I'd have to give the nod to WO-S because I think they would have better luck stopping Penland than Newton would have stopping Beasley.

Astrosdawg07
11-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by kosmo

I would never happen though, but it would be cool.

griff
11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
We have to win a game this Friday first before we can think about being state champions. We gotta keep our focus on the assignment at hand. We haven't won anything yet.