PDA

View Full Version : 3A Downlow Heisman Award (NOMINATE HERE)

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
We will take nominations until Friday afternoon/evening. No "making your case" for the guy here (you can do that elsewhere)...just simply post "position, name, school." Anybody posting anyhting besides "position, name, school" will not have their vote counted.

For the purposes of this contest we will define the Heisman Award as this - "not the BEST player in 3A...but the most valuable to their team."

Before nominating, ask yourself this...What would that team have accomplished with somebody else in this players postion? I am combining the "Heisman" with an MVP award to cut down on posts that we have.

YOU CAN NOMINATE UP TO 3 PLAYERS IN THIS FIRST ROUND...MAKE SURE TO GIVE ALL 3 PIECES OF INFORMATION

zeus63
11-30-2005, 12:09 PM
I am a Monahans guy, but I would like to nominate Dwight Wells #5 from Snyder. He is an all-around player. The games that I saw they had him at mulitiple positions and he excelled at all of them.

sweetwater07
11-30-2005, 12:09 PM
dang adidas you stole my thread!!!!...well who cares i nominate joseph banyard-#3-halfback/linebacker-SWEETWATER

sweetwater07
11-30-2005, 12:10 PM
case keenum-wylie-QB.....and jared robertson-#54 wylie...they are both amazing!!

STANG RED
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Kendall Carrillo - SWater qb, db, punter, receiver, rb, etc. etc. etc......
Case Keenum - Wylie qb, db.

Joseph Banyard - SWater rb, db.

Ranger05
11-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Case Keenum QB Abilene Wylie
Kenneth Beasley, QB WO-S
Anthony Ramos QB Canyon

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
I made an adjustment to the rules up top for this round of nominations...read above!!!

WOS92
11-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Kenneth "Deon" Beasley, QB, WO-S

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Kenneth "Deon" Beasley, QB, WO-S
beat me to it...thanks!

DaHop72
11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
QB Case Keenum Wylie
CB Ryan Claxton Snyder
SS Joseph Banyard Sweetwater

HPLJ6L
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Derek Evans #5- ATL - Cameron Yoe
WOS QB Beasley - West Orange Stark

and apparently Gilbert Moye - Jasper. just joking.

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Derek Evans #5- ATL - Cameron Yoe
WOS QB Beasley - West Orange Stark

and apparently Gilbert Moye - Jasper. just joking.

Are you saying "Derek Evans - athlete?" Or is he from Atlanta AND Yoe? I don't know that player so I have no clue...

loboesstate07
11-30-2005, 12:25 PM
i would have to pick Sam Graves #12 for monahans because he runs all over everyone and he will prolly gain about 100 yards or more against sweetwater this week haha yea sam's definately got it

Black_Magic
11-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
I am a Monahans guy, but I would like to nominate Dwight Wells #5 from Snyder. He is an all-around player. The games that I saw they had him at mulitiple positions and he excelled at all of them. He was kinda like a Reggie Bush. Same number as well.

sww-bull52
11-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Joesph Banyard RB/LB Sweetwater
Russell Clayton TE/DE Sweetwater
Justin Adames FB/LB Sweetwater

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
G.J. Kinne QB Canton

Black_Magic
11-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think I'll nominate two.
Kendall Carrillo - SWater qb, db, punter, receiver, rb, etc. etc. etc......
Out too long and have verry little impact. because of an injury

HPLJ6L
11-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Are you saying "Derek Evans - athlete?" Or is he from Atlanta AND Yoe? I don't know that player so I have no clue...

ATHLETE!
Kicker, Wide Reciever, Quarterback, Safety, Kick Returner....

sww-bull52
11-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

Obviously you did'nt see the game against Iowa Park.

STANG RED
11-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I dont give a damn how long he was out! I just know, we wouldnt still be playing, without him!!! Even when he was out, he provided great leadership for the team.
Your just pissed, because we did'nt need him, or the other 3 or 4 starters that were out aginst Snyder! You should still be thanking God for that!

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont give a damn how long he was out! I just know, we wouldnt still be playing, without him!!! Even when he was out, he provided great leadership for the team.
Your just pissed, because we did'nt need him, or the other 3 or 4 starters that were out aginst Snyder! You should still be thanking God for that!

NOT IN THIS THREAD...GO ARGUE THIS STUFF ELSEWHERE. Can you edit and remove this stuff. I already c&p'd these thoughts over to the "make your case" thread. If you could read the first post it says don't post thoughts here...thanks for your help

big daddy russ
11-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Brock Fitzhenry, QB, Giddings
Colin Jones, RB, Bridgeport

I haven't seen either of them play, but the people who have say they're both amazing. Apparently, the Bulls' offense revlolved around Jones and the Buffs' offense was Fitzhenry (who, by the way, is only a sophomore).

Bearkat
11-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Derek Evans - ATHLETE - Cameron

PANTHERFAN05
11-30-2005, 01:40 PM

LE FAN
11-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Will Middlebrooks QB/K Liberty Eylau

G.J. Kinne QB Canton

lostaussie
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
G.J. Kinne QB Canton Another vote for kinne. if he wasn't on that team, they would not be where they are now.

Mustang Fan
11-30-2005, 03:01 PM
QB - Kenneth Deon Beasley - WO-S

QB - Brock Fitzhenry - Giddings

eagles_victory
11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
QB G.J Kinne- Canton
QB Deon Beasley- WOS
QB Jeremy Sanders- Marlin

Honorable Mention

Derek Evans ATH Cameron, Sam Graves RB Monahans, Hutto's QB forgot his name, Kyle Noack QB Cuero.

smustangs
11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Kendal Carillo-qb, db, punter, punt returner- Sweetwater
Kase Keenum-qb-Wylie
Collin Jones-rb-bridgeport

Bullaholic
11-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Latreal Cooper-RB, Cuero Gobblers

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Latreal Cooper-RB, Cuero Gobblers

you can nominate 3 and you aren't going to throw in Jones??? hmm....

Bullaholic
11-30-2005, 04:02 PM
you can nominate 3 and you aren't going to throw in Jones??? hmm....

Adidas....He has already been nominated and I'm holding down on the props for Colin because I have touted him in several other threads and I don't want to run it into the ground. I know those who have seen him play know that he is one of the best HS backs in Texas.

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 04:38 PM
So far this thread looks to have 3 players that are at the top in

Case Keenum - QB (ATH) - Wylie
Deon Beasley - QB (ATH) - WOS
Collin Jones - RB (DB) - Bridgeport

and then a race for 4th and 5th between

C.J. Kinne - QB - Canton
Derek Evans - ATH - Cameron Yoe
Kendall Carillo - QB (ATH) - Sweetwater
Brock Fitzhenry - QB - Giddings

I guess we will see how it finishes out. Kinda looks like this year's Heisman race.

Whsdogs
11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
Kenneth Beasley, QB WO-S
Anthony Ramos QB Canyon

ditto on that :D ...great minds think alike

Ranger Mom
11-30-2005, 05:29 PM
The three players that have impressed me the most this season:

Joseph Banyard - Sweetwater
Colin Jones - Bridgeport
Kyle Noack - Cuero

DragonEagle01
11-30-2005, 06:35 PM
G.J. Kinne-QB-Canton
Barlow Reid-RB-Canton
Jonathon Ellis-WR/DB-Canton

Tweeder215
11-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Kendal Carillo QB, RB, DB, P, WR, PR, KR.....etc. Sweetwater
Joseph Banyard RB Sweetwater
^
I put these three in order from "Most Impressive" to "Still more Impressive than anyone else"

Honorable Mention- Collin Jones and Deon Beasley and the South African kid from Littlefield

eagles_victory
11-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The three players that have impressed me the most this season:

Joseph Banyard - Sweetwater
Colin Jones - Bridgeport
Kyle Noack - Cuero
Do I see a little bias in this. Your daughter did use to date one of these candidates. Maybe that pushed him up a little? j/k Kyle made my list to. :D

Ranger Mom
11-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Do I see a little bias in this. Your daughter did use to date one of these candidates. Maybe that pushed him up a little? j/k Kyle made my list to. :D

Not really biased.....he just impressed me THAT much!

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 07:22 PM
So far this thread looks to have 3 players that are at the top in

Case Keenum - QB (ATH) - Wylie
Deon Beasley - QB (ATH) - WOS
Collin Jones - RB (DB) - Bridgeport

and then a race for 4th and 5th between

C.J. Kinne - QB - Canton
Derek Evans - ATH - Cameron Yoe
Kendall Carillo - QB (ATH) - Sweetwater
Brock Fitzhenry - QB - Giddings

I guess we will see how it finishes out. Kinda looks like this year's Heisman race.

This looks to still be the case but go ahead and toss these two into the running for 4 and 5 as well:

Kyle Noack - QB - Cuero
Joseph Banyard - RB - Sweetwater

Nobody else that has really gotten more than 1 or 2 votes. Surprised to not see Jeremy Sanders from Marlin getting more love...

Boosty_Hondo
11-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Andy Werner - Hondo - Rb, Wr, Punt Returner, Kickoff Returner, Kicker.... Had 1,600 yards rushing and 1,000 yards reciveing 30 td's 2 or three returned punts and had three spots on our all district team Running back , Kicker, and Saftey all first team

jmcgee
11-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Joseph Banyard RB,LB Sweetwater
Kendall Carrillo QB, DB, P,WR
Keenum QB Wylie

sicem74
11-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Derek Evans-(ATH)-Cameron Yoe
Brian Scott-QB-Cameron Yoe
T.J OLivarri-RB-Cameron Yoe

wos-84
11-30-2005, 08:42 PM
deon beasley- QB- west orange stark
dishon- QB- bridge city

aggie
11-30-2005, 09:16 PM
I nominate sicem 74

sweetwater08
11-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
dang adidas you stole my thread!!!!...well who cares i nominate joseph banyard-#3-halfback/linebacker-SWEETWATER

I AGREE

shadow13
11-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Kendal C. - SWEETWATER, He's the leader and MVP for the Mustangs. you have to look at ,if this player was not on this team ,what kind of team would this be. HONESTLY!

mustang04
11-30-2005, 10:26 PM
correct me if im wrong...but didnt Kendal get nominated for like the wendy's all american youth heisman or sumthin like that...it was posted on here a while back.....:thinking:

i vote for kendal carrillo...kid can literally do just about everything

case keenum - true leader

joseph banyard.......what can i say...MAN-CHILD

crabman
11-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Kyle Noack, QB, Cuero We are not even close without him. Not even close.

CHS_CG
11-30-2005, 10:35 PM
I agree Kyle impressed me a lot when I saw him playing..
Kyle Noack- QB-Cuero!

shadow13
11-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
correct me if im wrong...but didnt Kendal get nominated for like the wendy's all american youth heisman or sumthin like that...it was posted on here a while back.....:thinking:

i vote for kendal carrillo...kid can literally do just about everything

case keenum - true leader

joseph banyard.......what can i say...MAN-CHILD Just like everyone talking about how we need to play 4 qts. and how we struggled against snyder, and levelland,well guess who wasn't playing during those games. YES ,KENDAL C., I just can't say enough about this kid, whatever he has ,it rubs off on the team when he's on the field. and I have to say that, Case K. is the same way for abilene Wylie. But you all know only 1 person should be name the heisman winner, so KENDAL CARRILLO ,is the man.

sicem74
11-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by aggie
I nominate sicem 74
lol

its_n_ D_water
11-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Kendall Carrillo
Case Keenum
Collin Jones

shadow13
12-01-2005, 12:34 AM
3 good choices

LewP
12-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by shadow13
3 good choices

Shadow, welcome to THIS board. I think you will like it better! Not as much goofiness as the other one.

LewP

GreenMonster
12-01-2005, 01:26 AM
RB from Bridgeport, Colin Jones I think
Tyler Duggins, OT/DT, Iowa Park
Kendal Carillo, Everywhere, Sweetwater

RMAC
12-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Keenum AW QB
Noack Cuero QB
Miller Gainesville RB/DB
did everybody forget about Miller?

Whsdogs
12-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Keenum AW QB
Noack Cuero QB
Miller Gainesville RB/DB
did everybody forget about Miller?

i sure did in all the talk about Franklin...we shoulda been worrying about this guy hes way better!

Rabbit'93
12-01-2005, 07:33 AM
GJ kinne
jones
keenum

txkmom
12-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Will Middlebrooks, QB, K, P
Liberty Eylau

shadow13
12-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by LewP
Shadow, welcome to THIS board. I think you will like it better! Not as much goofiness as the other one.

LewP Thanks LewP, Well only 1 more day before the big dance.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Kendal"all over the field"Carillo Go Mustangs!!!

jakarta101
12-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Jacob Maxon - SS/RB/LB - Decatur
Colin Jones - RB - Bridgeport

Both of those teams wouldnt have won many games with out those two!!!

Case Keenum - QB - Wylie

Hon. Mention - Jacob West,QB, Gainesville
Jared Robertson,DL, Wylie

mustangsince87
12-01-2005, 10:31 AM
i wanna know y kendall carrilo is getting all these votes?? yea he is an awesome player but he was out most of the season. i think sonny birdwell deserves an honorary(sp?) mention for coming in and covering for him.

Keenum - Wylie

shadow13
12-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by mustangsince87
i wanna know y kendall carrilo is getting all these votes?? yea he is an awesome player but he was out most of the season. i think sonny birdwell deserves an honorary(sp?) mention for coming in and covering for him.

Keenum - Wylie Sonny is ok, If anyone should have replaced Kendal, Duone should have been the 1. We run the wishbone,which was not ran to perfection, because sonny can not run the option. And our offense struggled because of that. We managed without Kendal because of pure talent, not the QB.

LewP
12-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks LewP, Well only 1 more day before the big dance.

Yep, I hope the Roadrunner and Batman and everyone else is ready!

HillBoy
12-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Justin Sturns-Rusk-Junior-RB
Mason Fisher-Barbers Hill High School-Junior-WR
Kenneth Beasley-West Orange-Stark-Senior-QB

3ABirdMan
12-01-2005, 01:39 PM
1 - Kenneth Beasley = West Orange - Stark = QB
2 - Johnny Dishon = Bridge City = QB
3 - "this area intentionally left blank" (because I know what the 2 players listed above meant to their respective teams).

sweetwater07
12-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Sonny is ok, If anyone should have replaced Kendal, Duone should have been the 1. We run the wishbone,which was not ran to perfection, because sonny can not run the option. And our offense struggled because of that. We managed without Kendal because of pure talent, not the QB.

with having to live up to carillo's talent...sonny did a dang good job....and duone played QB a lot until he borke his collar bone i believe the next week or 2 weeks after in andrews.....both of them filled the spot and did a good job...but sonny definately deserves some credit for the fine job he did

Gobbla2001
12-01-2005, 01:43 PM
One of our cheerleaders threw a plastic football over the stands this past week... if she's back next year she'll have to be a front-runner...

garciap77
12-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Kyle Noack - Cuero
Anthony Ramos QB Canyon

sweetwater07
12-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
One of our cheerleaders threw a plastic football over the stands this past week... if she's back next year she'll have to be a front-runner...

thats a heck of an arm!!

3ABirdMan
12-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

You can tell which of our cheerleaders played softball when they were younger by their arms! The rest "throw like girls" - NO DISRESPECT INTENDED!

LewP
12-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
with having to live up to carillo's talent...sonny did a dang good job....and duone played QB a lot until he borke his collar bone i believe the next week or 2 weeks after in andrews.....both of them filled the spot and did a good job...but sonny definately deserves some credit for the fine job he did

Sonny "Big Bird" did a great job I thought....

I got a kick out of s'water radio announcers describing how the "Big Bird" ran...they said he couldn't really extend his long legs close in...but once in the open field..he had looooong strides....
That description along with his name was easy for me to call him the Big Bird.
I thought he did an awesome job so far this year.

Black_Magic
12-01-2005, 02:18 PM

Keenum - Wylie I dont understand why either... Look He made NO impact during the season . He does not have near the stats Reigh, Keenum, or Banyard has... It was tough luck about his injury but it kept him out .. Look would Regie Bush or V Young even be considered for the Big H if they sat out 7 games??? no.

STANG RED
12-01-2005, 02:28 PM

Keenum - Wylie

It's simple. If Kendall were not playing now, the Mustangs would not be playing now.
I dont want to take anything away from Sonny though. He has certainly done the best job he could do, and he deserves alot of credit for what he has done. That was a great pass he threw to Banyard aginst IP to start that amazing come back. He hasnt been given enough credit for making that great pass! He laid it right where he had to.
But, its not just the QB play, that is getting Kendall all these votes. He has made some huge plays at every position he has played. I think he has played everywhere except for O line and D line, at some point. He is every bit as good & talented as his brother was. It's just too bad he got hurt and missed alot of the season.

Adidas410s
12-02-2005, 02:45 PM
K I will go ahead and count this stuff up and get a poll posted and let it run through next Friday...it will take awhile though cuz I'm playing poker...

Adidas410s
12-03-2005, 05:06 PM
and here is my vote...

Case Keenum

Joseph Banyard

Skye Green really impressed me...but nobody even nominated him.

K I have the votes totaled up and the poll will be up shortly

mrescape43
12-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Joseph Banyard-rb-Sweetwater
Dewite Wells-rb-Snyder
Johnathan Vasquez-rb-Snyder