PDA

View Full Version : If UT and usc lose...

injuredinmelee
11-30-2005, 09:03 AM
What happens then to the title game? Since both have one loss do they both stay in the same sopts in then bcs or does one fall out and Penn St. Moves to the forefront?

neck_06
11-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Penn State vs LSU or Virginia Tech

Texas drops to the cotton bowl, or maybe gets one of the at large bids.

neck_06
11-30-2005, 09:06 AM
you know what, never mind, if Texas and USC both lose this week, they should just forget the BCS and put.....................

Penn State vs Notre Dame

just for kicks

raider red 2000
11-30-2005, 09:07 AM
i think UT still gets an at large bid.

isnt there a rule about now having to be a confrence champ before you can play for a nat'l championship???????

if not i think USC plays Penn St.

If so I think Penn St vs LSU.

neck_06
11-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

isnt there a rule about now having to be a confrence champ

apparently not, because a few years back OU lost to Kansas State in the conference championship, and then still got to play in the national championship instead of USC.

injuredinmelee
11-30-2005, 09:15 AM
man i hope whoever plays Notre Dame beats them by 987,125,478,912,314,753,159,654 points. I hate the golden domers.

whtfbplaya
11-30-2005, 09:25 AM
if that happens ill eat my hat

neck_06
11-30-2005, 09:32 AM
me too, but i need to go buy a hat first

shankbear
11-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Neck, I am sure somebody on 3ADL will give you a great recipe for cooking hat. New hat or old hat, I am sure it can be fried, boiled, broiled, sauteed, bar-b-qued, baked, etc.

Old Tiger
11-30-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't like the way the media puts all the emphasis on Notre Dame. They say they are "back to the top" but IMO you need to win a National Championship to be "back to the top" Oregon should be playing in a BCS Bowl Instead of Notre Dame

neck_06
11-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
Neck, I am sure somebody on 3ADL will give you a great recipe for cooking hat. New hat or old hat, I am sure it can be fried, boiled, broiled, sauteed, bar-b-qued, baked, etc.

bar-b-qued hat sounds good.

ANYONE HAVE A RECIPE FOR BAR-B-QUED HAT?????

:) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

injuredinmelee
11-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I don't like the way the media puts all the emphasis on Notre Dame. They say they are "back to the top" but IMO you need to win a National Championship to be "back to the top" Oregon should be playing in a BCS Bowl Instead of Notre Dame

There is such a Notre Dame bias in the media. It makes me sick. The whole program makes me want to puke!

Bearkat
11-30-2005, 10:25 AM
That would suck!! Kinda like eating hat.

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Even if USC loses, don't expect them to fall too far in the human polls (no lower than #3) and many computer polls would keep them high enough to stay in the top 2. However, if Texas lost they would drop to 4 or 5 in the human polls because they would have a loss after having a mediocore game against A&M. So it would likely be USC vs Penn State and Texas vs ND maybe in the Fiesta???

Phil C
11-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Notre Dame has been favored long before many of us were born. It was once so bad that Darrell Royal said of being No. 1 that "as long as Notre Dame or a Big Ten School are undefeated or untied the rest of us can forget about the national championship." They didn't have the BCS back then. When Army played Notre Dame in 1946 Army had won two ncs but yet they both tied 0 - 0. After the season they gave ND no. 1 and Army No. 2 even though Army had outplayed ND in that game.

big daddy russ
11-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Oklahoma lost the Big XII Championship a couple of years ago but still played for a national title. I think that at the very least, USC would stay in the title picture.

injuredinmelee
11-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Notre Dame has been favored long before many of us were born. It was once so bad that Darrell Royal said of being No. 1 that "as long as Notre Dame or a Big Ten School are undefeated or untied the rest of us can forget about the national championship." They didn't have the BCS back then. When Army played Notre Dame in 1946 Army had won two ncs but yet they both tied 0 - 0. After the season they gave ND no. 1 and Army No. 2 even though Army had outplayed ND in that game.

aint that the truth

raider red 2000
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Even if USC loses, don't expect them to fall too far in the human polls (no lower than #3) and many computer polls would keep them high enough to stay in the top 2. However, if Texas lost they would drop to 4 or 5 in the human polls because they would have a loss after having a mediocore game against A&M. So it would likely be USC vs Penn State and Texas vs ND maybe in the Fiesta???

If USC and UT were to lose i dont think that ND gets in.

UCLA (PAC 10)
Colorado (BIG 12)
Penn State (Big 10)
West Va (Big East)
Va Tech or FSU (ACC)
LSU or Georgia (SEC)
USC (at large)
UT (at large)

whtfbplaya
11-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

agreed!

whtfbplaya
11-30-2005, 02:03 PM
If Texas does not beat Colorado it will not be good for the big 12.

neck_06
11-30-2005, 02:10 PM
What happens if:

USC loses to UCLA

Texas loses to Colorado

LSU loses to Georgia

Virginia Tech loses to Florida State

:nerd: :rolleyes: :thinking: :nerd: :rolleyes: :thinking: :nerd: :rolleyes: :thinking:

raider red 2000
11-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
What happens if:

USC loses to UCLA

Texas loses to Colorado

LSU loses to Georgia

:nerd: :rolleyes: :thinking: :nerd: :rolleyes: :thinking: :nerd: :rolleyes: :thinking:

Penn State has clinched a berth in the BCS. The Nittany Lions are co-champions of the Big Ten with Ohio
State, but possesses the tie-breaker by having defeated the Buckeyes. USC will be the Pac-10
representative in the BCS. The Trojans are at least the league’s co-champion and hold the conference tie-breaker
should it need to be applied. West Virginia will represent the Big East having clinched the
conference title following last week’s results.
The representatives from the three other participating conferences which receive automatic spots in the
BCS have not been determined. The following is a list of teams still contending for their conference’s
automatic berth:
ACC: Florida State, Virginia Tech
Big 12: Colorado, Texas
SEC: Georgia, LSU
The pool of teams remaining under consideration for the two at-large berths consists of those six teams,
plus six others that were also identified:
Auburn, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, UCLA

whtfbplaya
11-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
What happens if:

USC loses to UCLA

Texas loses to Colorado

LSU loses to Georgia

buy a lottery ticket

injuredinmelee
11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
buy a lottery ticket

no poop

raider red 2000
11-30-2005, 02:50 PM
my guess would be that USC and Penn ST play for #1

USC (PAC 10)
Colorado (BIG 12)
GEORGIA (SEC)
Florida St (ACC)
Penn St (BIG 10)
West VA (BIG EAST)

UCLA (At Large)
UT (At Large)

Adidas410s
11-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
my guess would be that USC and Penn ST play for #1

USC (PAC 10)
Colorado (BIG 12)
GEORGIA (SEC)
Florida St (ACC)
Penn St (BIG 10)
West VA (BIG EAST)

UCLA (At Large)
UT (At Large)

now this is the opposite of what you just wrote! Even beating USC would not be good enough to get UCLA into the BCS. Whenever ND is eligible they WILL get a bid because of their fan base. As you said, USC is guaranteed a co-championship in the PAC-10. I am not sure what their tiebreaker is since Oregon and UCLA didn't play each other this year but USC did beat Oregon so that would keep the Ducks from getting the automatic bid I assume. It could get interesting though...

raider red 2000
12-01-2005, 09:47 AM
USC has the tie breaker for some reason....according to the BCS website.