PDA

View Full Version : The Confirmation! (About Phil C only)

Phil C
11-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I have been a Sinton Pirate Fan for several years and it was kids of 4 years ago that called me GodFather and the title had stuck with me. Some of the other older Sinton fans said since it was another group of kids I needed to give up my GodFather title. I thought maybe they were right. When they said I was no longer Sinton's No. 1 Fan that didn't bother me because that is a title I have never felt worthy or deserving of but the Sinton GodFather was something something that met a lot to me. I had about decided to give the title up and remove it from the downlow signature.
What made me change my mind was after an out of town high school game recently in Goliad. I waited at the school with encouraging signs to show the boys when they get in to show support and encouragement. One of the football players (Our QB) saw the sign and yelled out "GodFather!" This was a confirmation not expected or looked for but it thus forever dispelled any doubt in my mind to having the right to the title Sinton GodFather.

3afan
11-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Phil - you da man ....

Astrosdawg07
11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I have been a Sinton Pirate Fan for several years and it was kids of 4 years ago that called me GodFather and the title had stuck with me. Some of the other older Sinton fans said since it was another group of kids I needed to give up my GodFather title. I thought maybe they were right. When they said I was no longer Sinton's No. 1 Fan that didn't bother me because that is a title I have never felt worthy or deserving of but the Sinton GodFather was something something that met a lot to me. I had about decided to give the title up and remove it from the downlow signature.
What made me change my mind was after an out of town high school game recently in Goliad. I waited at the school with encouraging signs to show the boys when they get in to show support and encouragement. One of the football players (Our QB) saw the sign and yelled out "GodFather!" This was a confirmation not expected or looked for but it thus forever dispelled any doubt in my mind to having the right to the title Sinton GodFather.

That's a neat story.

raider red 2000
11-29-2005, 03:59 PM
phil it seems like you support everything there.

how do you have the time.

i think it is good how you support the kids.....maybe oneday they can do you a favor.

Bullaholic
11-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Phil.....I think you have been more of a "Goodfather" to a lot of these kids than a "Godfather"......and as a grandfather, I know how much a lot of these kids who do not have anybody at their games to watch them, look for you to see if you are there for them. You can't calculate how much that means to those kids. You keep being the "Sinton Godfather" for as long as you are able.

AP Panther Fan
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Phil.....I think you have been more of a "Goodfather" to a lot of these kids than a "Godfather"......and as a grandfather, I know how much a lot of these kids who do not have anybody at their games to watch them, look for you to see if you are there for them. You can't calculate how much that means to those kids. You keep being the "Sinton Godfather" for as long as you are able.

One of the nice things about the Sinton Godfather, is that he isn't exclusive to Sinton when it comes to supporting kids...boys or girls.

He has driven out of town on several occasions to watch Aransas Pass Baseball and has written at least one really nice letter to the local newspaper regarding the efforts of the AP Varsity Volleyball team. I know I appreciate his support!:)

BlueBlood
11-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Here, Here! May the rest of you end up with a horse's head in your bed.

District303aPastPlayer
11-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Here, Here! May the rest of you end up with a horse's head in your bed.

i thoght that was a fish's head, and dont you sleep with that?

DaHop72
11-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Stick with it Godfather, that's just like kids that you have coached many years ago that still call us Coach. It's all about respect you've earned along with the name. I agree, keep it.

AggieJohn
11-29-2005, 07:04 PM
phil, one of our fine, upstanding posters

SintonFan
11-29-2005, 07:17 PM
You'll always be the GodFather.:clap:

Astrosdawg07
11-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
phil, one of our fine, upstanding posters

Haven't I read that somewhere before? :D