PDA

View Full Version : Somebody HELP Me!!!

RMAC
11-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Does anybody know where I can find that story about the L.L. coach who got put in jail after paying the biggest kid on his team to beat up a child that was mentally challenged so he could not play in the upcoming championship game? I am writing a research paper over sports morals and this is the one of the stories that I'm basing it on.

LewP
11-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Does anybody know where I can find that story about the L.L. coach who got put in jail after paying the biggest kid on his team to beat up a child that was mentally challenged so he could not play in the upcoming championship game? I am writing a research paper over sports morals and this is the one of the stories that I'm basing it on.

I'll try and find it for ya...will advise.

RMAC
11-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks Lew. My paper's due on Wed.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't know if either of these is what you were talking about or not:

http://www.local6.com/print/5072386/detail.html

http://www.nospank.net/n-o85r.htm

ILS1
11-28-2005, 08:17 PM
I believe the 2nd one is what he's looking for.

:D

RMAC
11-28-2005, 08:20 PM
It sure is. Thanks everybody for ya'lls help. Now, if I can only stretch it out into 5 pages, I'll be good to go.

garageoffice
11-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen that story before. I have seen a similar incident, though. A friend of mine coached his own son's basketball team a couple of years ago. The last game of the season came down to a match-up with the only other undefeated team in the league. First, the other coach tried to play his best player all 4 quarters when the league rules clearly state that no player can play all 4 quarters unless every other player on the team plays at least 3 full quarters. The typical team has 7 members which means 3 quarters for each player except one who plays only 2 quarters.

After complaining to the officials and pleading ignorance he finally acquiesced to the rules. However, about a minute into the 4th quarter, his own son went down away from the ball and had to be helped off the floor. The other coach immediately substituted the contested player into the game. My friend had seen the kid take a dive, though and asked the referee to examine the injured player. Boy, was the other coach mad when his son had to re-enter the game and showed everybody that he wasn't really hurt!

I'm ashamed at the way I've seen some parents and coaches behave while coaching and attending youth sports!

Paratrooper
11-28-2005, 09:19 PM
The worst one I ever saw was a Bridge City/LCM baseball game I think around 1981 or 82 over at LCM. BC and LCM both had really good baseball teams. Back then it was a VERY heated rivalry between the schools. The LCM coach literally went nuts on a call and started throwing bats, balls and equipment........and was physically restrained. They would calm him down for a second and then he was so angry he grabbed some of the lawn chairs and started throwing those at the umpire. It got so bad the umps called the game midway and awarded BC the win. I don't think I have ever seen a grown man lose control of himself in a game worse than that. I remember the next day they just blasted that guy in the paper. I can't remember if the LCM school district fired the guy or not though....its been too many years.

Adidas410s
11-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Somebody HELP me...

Yes please somebody help him...I already know he is a lost cause!! :rolleyes:

RMAC
11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
So Adidas, what's it like?

VWG
11-28-2005, 09:59 PM
How about the Mesquite-Poteet High School baseball coach that got let go of his coaching duties when he took a piss in a bottle/can in the dugout during a playoff game last year.
Only coach they've had since varsity baseball started at Poteet High School, and they have been a very good 4A program.
He didn't want to leave the game to go to the bathroom so he let the monster drain during the game in the dugout. Few weeks later it got back to the parents, school board, etc... and they let him go of his coaching duties and stuck him in a teaching/administrative job. Guy had been the baseball coach there for like 15+ years.

Paratrooper
11-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by VWG
How about the Mesquite-Poteet High School baseball coach that got let go of his coaching duties when he took a piss in a bottle/can in the dugout during a playoff game last year.
Only coach they've had since varsity baseball started at Poteet High School, and they have been a very good 4A program.
He didn't want to leave the game to go to the bathroom so he let the monster drain during the game in the dugout. Few weeks later it got back to the parents, school board, etc... and they let him go of his coaching duties and stuck him in a teaching/administrative job. Guy had been the baseball coach there for like 15+ years.

Hope noone thought it was a Corona:D :doh:

RMAC
11-28-2005, 11:51 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :D