PDA

View Full Version : I love going out on limbs...

Gobbla2001
02-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Early Predictions here referring to a couple of 4A drop downs...

I don't think that Jasper will win state like everyone here thinks they will... There's one thing...

Second, 4A drop down Snyder should surprise a lot of people next year, just my opinion... What do you guys think?

Jacket2000
02-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Gotta agree with ya, G. I think Jasper is very overrated. I wouldnt be too shocked to see a region 1 team with it this year; Borger or Snyder maybe.
J2K

Old Cardinal
02-20-2002, 10:09 PM
I still think Jasper will be tough to beat, they went deep in the 4A playoffs last year and have some good skill coming back. There is a good chance that the Region III Div. I will be between Jasper and Bridge City. BC is returning a strong all senior squad-it ought to be a hum-dinger. These seasoned Seniors in BC mostly started as Sophmores into the postseason for the last two years. They will not roll-over and play dead for Jasper. I kind of think that the winner of that game will play in the State Final. I look for Snyder, Vernon, or Perryton to upset Everman next year!

Matthew328
02-20-2002, 11:53 PM
I think a Region 1 team is gonna win it this year...EVERMAN!!! LOL Just kidding at least this year I hope a Region 1 team wins...LOL Everman does have a lot back next year...they will be a factor and with them going out west their speed will be even more a factor...just ask Snyder in the 1999 4A playoffs 48-13 ring a bell?

evebulldog01
02-21-2002, 01:34 PM
Thank you Matthew for sticking up for Everman heck I hope we win back to back we have the talent for sure. And with us being in region I our speed will kill.

Gobbla2001
02-22-2002, 09:56 AM
If I didn't have a lot of experience in 3A I'd look at Jasper and say they'd blow 3A to shreads... Not only is it hard for 3A to move up to 4A, it's hard for 4A to drop down to 3A, I've noticed this with teams... I know I beat this story like a dead horse but in '98 Calallen almost made it to state, they returned a lot of players and the next year Cuero canned them at home (breaking their 75-game home winning streak) 13-10, Calallen didn't lose again till round 3 of the playoffs... In 2000 Rockport-Fulton and Cuero had a game-type scrimmage (everything like a game but it doesn't hurt or help your record) and it resulted in a 20-20 tie, where did Rockport-Fulton end up that year? 4th round of 4A D2 playoffs, where did we end up? Out in the first round...

And I've said this also, class 4A is usually favored because they carry more students, meaning more athletes and meaning a better chance of big, strong, and fast athletes, now they're in the same enrollment class as 3A, meaning Jasper and the rest of 3A with enrollments near theirs have the SAME damn chances...

Just my opinion but I think I'll be right about Jasper!!!