PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the great season La Grange

Pudlugger
12-01-2002, 09:55 AM
No one thought ya'll would win 11 games and go 3 deep in the play-offs in what was thought to be a building year. You proved them wrong by rebounding from a bad game in Yoakum to win 11 straight. That was an amazing run guys and thrilled us all. So don't feel bad about last night, Marlin is an extremely talented team and it was just their night to make big plays. Ya'll played with class, no penalties, only one turnover, and good sportsmanship throughout (even with the sorry actions of the Bulldogs when they came on the field before the kickoff and did their little dance routine).
Congratulations to all, especially the all district 24 players and the departing seniors. To those returning next year, you see what the competition is like at this level, so you now must dedicate yourselves to hard work this off-season to prepare for next year's run. Good luck, God bless, and thanks for all the thrilling moments. As a parent and fan I am extremely proud of each one of you. :) :) :)

<small>[ December 01, 2002, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Pudlugger
12-01-2002, 05:03 PM
Thanks again, and back to the top.

LG_DB
12-01-2002, 05:37 PM
a building year huh? :D yeah last night was tough i broke my wrist on marlins last touch down but if this year was a "building year" (11-2) whats next year gunna be. i know next year is FAR away but everyone said our team was "young" "not the class of 01 or 02" "we wont make it to the playoffs nor be district champs" well the best thing i liked about this season is that we proved so many people wrong. our fans who were either diehard LG football fans or mommas and daddies not bandwagon fans are the best u notice how some teams fans leave even before it ends well not us they stayed till the end and i want to thank yall for sticking behind us even after that first game. and to the seniors thanks for an experience that i wont forget. Great "building year" huh???

Pudlugger
12-01-2002, 05:51 PM
LG_DB:
a building year huh? :D yeah last night was tough i broke my wrist on marlins last touch down but if this year was a "building year" (11-2) whats next year gunna be. i know next year is FAR away but everyone said our team was "young" "not the class of 01 or 02" "we wont make it to the playoffs nor be district champs" well the best thing i liked about this season is that we proved so many people wrong. our fans who were either diehard LG football fans or mommas and daddies not bandwagon fans are the best u notice how some teams fans leave even before it ends well not us they stayed till the end and i want to thank yall for sticking behind us even after that first game. and to the seniors thanks for an experience that i wont forget. Great "building year" huh???Obviously you guys proved people wrong about it being a building year, please don't misunderstand my remark. Remember, there were 25 graduating seniors last year. Everyone has been impressed with the accomplishments of this team since Gonzales up until the end of last night's game. You guys deserve much respect. You're right about LG fans too, they are truly loyal and stay till the end win or lose. I'm sorry about your wrist, I hope it heals quickly. Good luck and see you next year. wink

Brahma73
12-01-2002, 05:59 PM
Pudlugger:
No one thought ya'll would win 11 games and go 3 deep in the play-offs in what was thought to be a building year. You proved them wrong by rebounding from a bad game in Yoakum to win 11 straight. That was an amazing run guys and thrilled us all. So don't feel bad about last night, Marlin is an extremely talented team and it was just their night to make big plays. Ya'll played with class, no penalties, only one turnover, and good sportsmanship throughout (even with the sorry actions of the Bulldogs when they came on the field before the kickoff and did their little dance routine).
Congratulations to all, especially the all district 24 players and the departing seniors. To those returning next year, you see what the competition is like at this level, so you now must dedicate yourselves to hard work this off-season to prepare for next year's run. Good luck, God bless, and thanks for all the thrilling moments. As a parent and fan I am extremely proud of each one of you. :) :) :) Hey Pudlugger, this was obviously a team depleted by graduation. I looked at the roster at the game last night and Seniors are scarce. This team should be scary next year. I'm glad you guys aren't in our district any more! :D

I know you're proud of your son and the rest of the Leps...you should be. I sat in the middle of the Purple Sea at Bryan last night, and I think everybody there knows this team overachieved big time. I love the way your crowd stays supportive the whole game regardless of the score. Your program and communtity have a lot of character, and I'm very happy for your successful year. :)

Stay around on Down Low 'til the end, Pud! I appreciate your input and I really enjoy agreeing (& disagreeing wink ) with you. Wish us the best this weekend! :D

LG_DB
12-01-2002, 06:02 PM
no no no that remark about building year was to everyone who doubted us not towards you

eye of the tiger
12-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Congrats to the Leopards for a great year. An exciting team to watch with great fans and always a force in 3A football.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-02-2002, 01:07 AM
Hey, then maybe a Port Isabel/La Grange Div. 2 state semi-final next year???

Port Isabel is in the same boat as La Grange. PI is only losing 7 seniors, everyone else is back.

BTW, what was the score between LG/Marlin???

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-02-2002, 02:42 AM
yeah, what wuz the score, I'm....well I'm from Giddings and I don't like LaGrange, if u know what I mean.....but what wuz the final score. How close was d score?

Pudlugger
12-02-2002, 08:58 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
Hey, then maybe a Port Isabel/La Grange Div. 2 state semi-final next year???

Port Isabel is in the same boat as La Grange. PI is only losing 7 seniors, everyone else is back.

BTW, what was the score between LG/Marlin???Hey PIFINT, ya'll had a pretty good run yourself! It would be great to meet in the semi's next year. The Tarpons are a fast and sound team and I was pullin' for ya'll last week. Tough loss against a fine Bandara team. Good luck and tell those kids to work hard in off-season, that's where championships are won. :)