PDA

View Full Version : Why so many Sweetwater Mustangs?

LewP
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM
First of all, I'm a HUGE Mustang fan.

But I wonder why there is a disproportinate amount of Sweetwater fans as opposed to say, Monahans?

I thought that the playoffs was a good reason, but i started thinking back and there have always been good Mustang fans here. Do other towns not know about this board or what?

sww-bull52
11-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey Lew
I don't know about the other towns, but I have turned SEVERAL Sweetwater people on to this site. Just today, Batmans Mom asked me about it and I gave her the info.

LewP
11-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Hey Lew
I don't know about the other towns, but I have turned SEVERAL Sweetwater people on to this site. Just today, Batmans Mom asked me about it and I gave her the info.

HAHAHAHAHA Guy....be honest Guy...did the name Batman really stick??????

Ranger Mom
11-28-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't understand that either Lew! I have tried and tried to get Greenwood posters on here. I have even put a 3adownlow ad in the football program one year and when that didn't garnish any traffic, I typed the opposing teams roster for our program and put the link right there.

I guess they think I do enough talking for the whole community!:p

LewP
11-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Kellye,

I bet you are gonna be surprised next year. I think you have laid the foundation for 3A Dowlow in Ector County....

sww-bull52
11-28-2005, 07:23 PM
He really doesn't care. We've called him and Roadrunner all kinds of different nick names over the years (I coached both of them and the majority of the other varsity players in PEEWEE Football). They were even Thunder and Lightening for awhile.

sww-bull52
11-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Kellye,

I bet you are gonna be surprised next year. I think you have laid the foundation for 3A Dowlow in Ector County....

....and the REST of the great state of Texas!!!

Ranger Mom
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Kellye,

I dunno...I was here the whole time on our run to state.....pretty much all by my lonesome then too!

BTW...who cares about Ector county...that's Odessa....we need Midland county!!:D :D

LewP
11-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
He really doesn't care. We've called him and Roadrunner all kinds of different nick names over the years (I coached both of them and the majority of the other varsity players in PEEWEE Football). They were even Thunder and Lightening for awhile.
WOW, Thunder and Lightning...I like that!!!!!!

Gimme some more nick names Guy...this is cool!

LewP
11-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I dunno...I was here the whole time on our run to state.....pretty much all by my lonesome then too!

BTW...who cares about Ector county...that's Odessa....we need Midland county!!:D :D

Oooppps, my bad. By the way...I would high recommend Johnny Carino's Restaurant before the game...it's about a 1/2 mile from Grande. Tell em I said hi!!

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Whats ^ Guy? Hey LewP Im still working on getting you a pic. of me in them red & white checkered pants.Go Mustangs!!!

sww-bull52
11-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
Whats ^ Guy? Hey LewP Im still working on getting you a pic. of me in them red & white checkered pants.Go Mustangs!!!

Hey Mystery Man!!!!!

LewP
11-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan

Hey Mystery Man!! Nice to meet ya...I really need that picture man. I have heard alot about you...I want to post on the S'water blog. GO MUSTANGS!!!!!

DukeNukem
11-28-2005, 10:40 PM
I am not sure, but I know several places they tell their kids to stay off the message boards. This certainly does not seem to be the case in other places. As far as fans, they let the kids play and simply support them at the games rather getting on here and talking smack. Although some of the comments are often respectful, this and other boards are still pretty much smack talk about 99% of the time by people that have no impact on the game.