PDA

View Full Version : If Your From WOS

Jody
11-28-2005, 05:22 PM
You best plan on being at Downtown Houston by 4:30 PM if you plan on getting to your woodshed beating by game time. Traffic is terrible between Downtown and Katy.....

Food:
There is a really good Mexican food place just as you come into Katy, right next to the Liquor store. Go ahead and get something to help forget the game afterwards, but please have a designated driver.

Side Tour
If you leave early enough, Exit hwy 3180 in Mont Belvieu and turn North. By the way...North is to your right off of I-10.... just in-case. Feel free to drive by Barbers Hill so you can admire where your coach came from. :D :D :D :D

Hindsight2020
11-28-2005, 05:24 PM
when does traffic slow down around there??? i won't be leaving work (in nederland) until 5:00. i am hoping and praying that traffic will be somewhat cleared out by then......

Jody
11-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020
when does traffic slow down around there??? i won't be leaving work (in nederland) until 5:00. i am hoping and praying that traffic will be somewhat cleared out by then......

From Nederland you may get there by 8:00 PM. Figure 1-1/2 hours from Downtown. Traffic NEVER let's up on the Katy freeway.

sinton66
11-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020

Not a chance. Traffic will last on Fridays past 9:00 pm because of everyone trying to get OUT of Houston for the weekend. Your best bet would be to take the tollway around the south end of Houston. Traffic will get tied up as you approach I10 on the west side, but should at least be moving slowly(perhaps at a snail's pace).

Hindsight2020
11-28-2005, 05:30 PM
thanks to both of you.

i may just stay on IH10 and see what happens.

Jody
11-28-2005, 05:32 PM
If you have 3 or more pasengers you can hit the HOV lane and it will help a bunch. If not, I agree with you to stay on I-10. The beltway also gets crowded and will not save much time. If you go the beltway, you will hit lots of traffic around 59 south, which in itself is a long way.

Maroon87
11-28-2005, 05:40 PM
I recommend carpooling and taking the HOV. It's the only way to fly!

WOSgrad
11-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I recommend carpooling and taking the HOV. It's the only way to fly!

I agree, there really is not a good alternate to the Katy Freeway. However, if you leave Nederland at 5:00 that puts you at the worst of the traffic, which starts around the 610 Loop, around 6:30. You can expect at least another hour in traffic before you get to the stadium. Then you will have some delays around the stadium because the area is torn up with construction.

Like Maroon said, bring a friend, then you might get there in time.