PDA

View Full Version : Michael Irvin

handNthedirt
11-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Micheal Irvin was caught this weekend with drugs in his car and arrested. You dont think Irvin would really do something like this, do you?.....or is it another case of police profiling professional black men?

HighSchool Fan
11-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Micheal Irvin was caught this weekend with drugs in his car and arrested. You dont think Irvin would really do something like this, do you?.....or is it another case of police profiling professional black men?

i wouldn't call it profiling if they did find a crack pipe. it might of been the passenger's, but he is responsible for what is in his car.

District303aPastPlayer
11-28-2005, 02:48 PM
it wasnt drugs, it was parafanelia (sp). he released a statement saying that the Plano PD when searching his car, found a crack pipe than an old friend left in their. The friend was in and out of rehab and mike took him in to his house in carrollton for thanksgiving. I dont honestly think that if he knew it was in there, he would have allowed the police to search his car. . .

piratebg
11-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
it wasnt drugs, it was parafanelia (sp). he released a statement saying that the Plano PD when searching his car, found a crack pipe than an old friend left in their. The friend was in and out of rehab and mike took him in to his house in carrollton for thanksgiving. I dont honestly think that if he knew it was in there, he would have allowed the police to search his car. . .

True that. It was paraphernalia though, so his arrest was probably just used to get Plano PD in the news.

District303aPastPlayer
11-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
True that. It was paraphernalia though, so his arrest was probably just used to get Plano PD in the news.

:doh: :thinking: :doh: :thinking:

pirate4state
11-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. What I really want to know is why the police were searching his car? What gave them probable cause or can they just search based on his past? :thinking: Where is that durn lawyer when I need him!! :D

handNthedirt
11-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Michael Irvin, Nate Newton, and Bam Morris would NEVER associate themselves with anything illegal.....they are being held down and oppressed by "The Man!"

piratebg
11-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. What I really want to know is why the police were searching his car? What gave them probable cause or can they just search based on his past? :thinking: Where is that durn lawyer when I need him!! :D

Previous arrests on drug charges are probable cause to do vehicle searches.

District303aPastPlayer
11-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Michael Irvin, Nate Newton, and Bam Morris would NEVER associate themselves with anything illegal.....they are being held down and oppressed by "The Man!"

now THAT is funny.

HighSchool Fan
11-28-2005, 03:23 PM
if he had paid his fines and wasn't speeding, he would of never of gotten caught.

pirate4state
11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
if he had paid his fines and wasn't speeding, he would of never of gotten caught. true dat!! still...i've seen them plano po-lease...:D :p

HighSchool Fan
11-28-2005, 03:27 PM
true dat!! still...i've seen them plano po-lease...:D :p

me to, my cousin works for plano 911

handNthedirt
11-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
if he had paid his fines and wasn't speeding, he would of never of gotten caught.

...and if he didn't have a CRACK PIPE in his possession!!!!!!!

pirate4state
11-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Previous arrests on drug charges are probable cause to do vehicle searches. well...it is a gray area (legally speaking)...i've asked...and that's all i'm gonna say...:o

of course, i work for a lawyer that prosecutes and defends so it depends on which hat he has on...:D

piratebg
11-28-2005, 03:39 PM
well...it is a gray area (legally speaking)...i've asked...and that's all i'm gonna say...:o

of course, i work for a lawyer that prosecutes and defends so it depends on which hat he has on...:D

Gray but a common practice. Also you have to take into account that the first arrest was a felony POC as opposed to a POM(Class B Misd).

CenTexSports
11-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Today's DMN story says that he put the pipe in the car himself even though it belonged to his friend. He knew it was there.

Maroon87
11-28-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking that if it was his friend's pipe, and he was just out of rehab, the best thing to do would've been to throw it in the garbage, not put it in his car.

gobbler grad
11-28-2005, 04:07 PM

:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: your absolutely right...pass me another

SINTON81
11-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm thinking that if it was his friend's pipe, and he was just out of rehab, the best thing to do would've been to throw it in the garbage, not put it in his car.

Good point, Is he a friend who is trying to help or hurt his friend.

piratebg
11-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I think the pipe was planted there by Al-Quaeda, who we all know has declared a jihad against America, and now they have their sites on America's Team.

BrahmaDAD70
11-28-2005, 06:53 PM
That wasnt a crack pipe it was a poor mans inhaler.
Those girls wernt hookers they were self-employed models.
Where have I heard this before.
Like I told my son. If you dont want to be thought of
as a loser. Quit hanging around them.

As Johnny Cochran says

If the crack pipe aint legit

you must aquit !

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2005, 07:23 PM
The original incident when he was still playing, but more importantly, the way it was "handled" within the organization, is when I stopped being such a diehard Cowboys fan. :(

3afan
11-28-2005, 07:31 PM
MI is on NFL Monday Night Countdown right now ...............

turbostud
11-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Anyone believe him?????

handNthedirt
11-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Did anybody see the Stuart Scott / M.Irvin interview on Monday Night Countdown?????? That, my fellow downlowers, is a guilt guilty man. Quit denying your addiction, Mike, and get help.

chs_#75
11-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
Like I told my son. If you dont want to be thought of
as a loser. Quit hanging around them.

all i have to say about that is... good thing God didnt have hte same opinion, or we'd all be messed...

chuk

PhiI C
11-28-2005, 09:17 PM
I always heard that when the incident happened several years ago that he was actually there trying to get the ladies to turn their lives around and make a change for the better but he picked the wrong night when they raided the place and he was innocently put in a bad spot even though he had good and noble intentions.

Astrosdawg07
11-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I almost believe Irvin because if there no evidence it' wasn't his, I think ESPN would have canned him imediately.(sp?)

TPlinebacker53
11-28-2005, 09:27 PM
why was he pulled over in the first place. i agree i dont think he would do that stuff.

football4life
11-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by TPlinebacker53
why was he pulled over in the first place. i agree i dont think he would do that stuff.

He had an outstanding warrant for speeding or something.

handNthedirt
11-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I always heard that when the incident happened several years ago that he was actually there trying to get the ladies to turn their lives around and make a change for the better but he picked the wrong night when they raided the place and he was innocently put in a bad spot even though he had good and noble intentions.

Phil, he and the stripper were standing naked in a cloud of pot smoke when the cops opened the door. Y'all are making excuses for this guy, he had a crack pipe in his car.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Here is the real deal:

Like handNthedirt stated Irvin had it. The Texas Law doesn't have a defense of,"it was my brothers". He had it and that is the bottom line. Now with that said and after reading the article in the DMN I have a feeling that the case gets dismmissed and here is why:

Police stopped him for speeding. Good stop.

Upon checking their records (TCIC) he had an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving. The police can arrest on that which they did. Good Arrest.

Irvin did not give the police permission to search his car which they did anyway. Bad Search violation of 4th Amendment. What makes this a bad search is Irvin's wife was with him and therefore the car should not have been taken into custody (Inventory search) but rather released to his wife.

If the cops claim that they did a Terry frisk of the car (Terry v. Ohio) they will have to prove that they thought that he had a weapon and that isn't going to fly. Mike Irvin famous celeb no way.

So you heard it here first, the case gets dismissed at the municipal level. Never even gets to County Court. The offense isn't even jailable it is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by fine only. He was arrested not for the pipe but on an outstanding warrant for not paying a traffic ticket.

The good news for him is he will get out of the pipe charge the bad news is that everyone knows he is back on drugs and he killed his chance of getting in the Hall.

JasperDog94
11-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
The offense isn't even jailable it is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by fine only. He was arrested not for the pipe but on an outstanding warrant for not paying a traffic ticket. I wonder if he could pay his fine by trading in one of those suits he wears on ESPN. They've gotta be worth some serious cash.:D

NateDawg39
11-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Lets stick it to the man!!!! I always wanted to say that...

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I wonder if he could pay his fine by trading in one of those suits he wears on ESPN. They've gotta be worth some serious cash.:D

I guess he should have paid the fine and then he never would have been arrested. If I was a cop I would have told him just sign this football here and be on your way!

pirate4state
11-29-2005, 11:22 AM
I guess he should have paid the fine and then he never would have been arrested. If I was a cop I would have told him just sign this football here and be on your way! LMAO!!

Astrosdawg07
11-29-2005, 06:56 PM
I guess he should have paid the fine and then he never would have been arrested. If I was a cop I would have told him just sign this football here and be on your way!

I would to. But don't you know now that cop is the most famous person in the town.

West22
11-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Everone need not worry for the law was just picking on him .Beside that he can hire a good lawyer .He was a charter member of Americas Team .The cowboys never used drugs or steroids to enhance performance."""

whtfbplaya
11-29-2005, 11:47 PM

piratebg
11-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Here is the real deal:

Like handNthedirt stated Irvin had it. The Texas Law doesn't have a defense of,"it was my brothers". He had it and that is the bottom line. Now with that said and after reading the article in the DMN I have a feeling that the case gets dismmissed and here is why:

Police stopped him for speeding. Good stop.

Upon checking their records (TCIC) he had an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving. The police can arrest on that which they did. Good Arrest.

Irvin did not give the police permission to search his car which they did anyway. Bad Search violation of 4th Amendment. What makes this a bad search is Irvin's wife was with him and therefore the car should not have been taken into custody (Inventory search) but rather released to his wife.

If the cops claim that they did a Terry frisk of the car (Terry v. Ohio) they will have to prove that they thought that he had a weapon and that isn't going to fly. Mike Irvin famous celeb no way.

So you heard it here first, the case gets dismissed at the municipal level. Never even gets to County Court. The offense isn't even jailable it is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by fine only. He was arrested not for the pipe but on an outstanding warrant for not paying a traffic ticket.

The good news for him is he will get out of the pipe charge the bad news is that everyone knows he is back on drugs and he killed his chance of getting in the Hall.

The stop was good. The speeding warrant probably was probably a local warrant not in TCIC because speeding is a class C Misd, but any offense(class c misd and up) is arrestable. As far as the search is concerned, I don't know if he signed a consent form or not. If he did not and they did search the car instead of releasing it to the wife, than there could be some problems. The case will definitely by dropped though.