PDA

View Full Version : A PPHSfan Bedtime Story

PPHSfan
06-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Once upon a time there was a little fish in a great big pond. The little fishes name was O.C. Little O.C. was unhappy because all of the big fish picked on him every week, especially on Friday night. During fishing season he was always caught and thrown back because he was too small. One fishing season back in 1999 he was caught and released every Friday night for ten weeks in a row. This made little O.C. very sad.

Then one day, a giant UIL bird saw the little fish being mistreated by the bigger fish, so he decided to do something about it. One summer day he swept down into the pond and picked little O.C. up and carried him to a smaller pond. Little O.C. was very happy. Although there were some other fish a little bit bigger than he was, he still was one of the biggest fish in the pond. Almost immediately little O.C. changed his name to Big OC and began making fun of the smaller fish.

Big OC enjoyed his new status for a couple of fishing seasons occasionally having to make deals with the fisherman for his release because he was now a big fish worth eating. Still, every chance that Big OC got, he would swim over to the smaller side of the pond and make fun of the little fish.

Meanwhile in a smaller pond, there was a big fish named Bobcat that had been terrorizing the pond along with a few of his friends. This made the UIL bird very angry, but he decided that instead of taking the smaller fish to another pond, this time he would throw these smarty pants fish into the bigger pond that he had put O.C. in just a couple of seasons earlier.

The UIL bird was sure that he had done the right thing. “I will teach those smarty pants little North-Texas fish that they are getting too big for their britches.” But all was not well in pond number three. It seems as though the UIL bird had not thought things completely thru, because the little smarty pant fishes were not used to being picked on, and they were not about to start doing it now.

Almost immediately the smarty-pants little fishes started making fun of the bigger fish. The minute they were released into pond number three, they started acting just like the big fish. Even the fisherman admired their attitude and started wanting to keep them regardless of their size.

Most of the fish that had lived in pond number three for many years did not have a problem with the new small fish, because they respected their will to fight. However, there was one fish that could not stand it. Yep, you guessed it, Big OC. You see boys and girls, Big OC could not understand how small fish in a big pond could act in such a way, because all he could remember was the way he was treated when he was a small fish in a bigger pond.

Then one day a very wise fisherman hooked OC and sat him down and had a chat with him. He explained to OC that he understood completely how he felt, but that he needed to realize that it is much easier to get along when you go from being the small fish to the big fish, than it is the other way around. The wise fisherman explained that the little fish in pond number three that had just arrived were not used to being kicked around, and that attitude is much more important than size. He told OC that if he wanted to be liked by most of the wiser fish that had been in the pond for years, he should stop and think about the way he acts, and spend more time being happy that he was saved by the UIL bird, and less time being upset because the smaller fish were ferocious.

Then OC was released by the wise fisherman. Immediately, he swam over to the small part of the pond. He swam a few circles around the small fish and thought about all of the things that the wise fisherman had told him. Then OC did something that he thought he would never do.

He stuck out his tongue, turned and waved his tail, and swam back to the deep end of the pond. OC never did understand, but the little fish lived happily ever after.

The End

sinton66
06-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Piranhas are small fish. Chili Pequins are small peppers. Storal of the mory is Dynamite comes in small packages. wink

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
06-19-2003, 09:08 PM
PPHSFan...

You have a great imagination my friend!

PPHSfan
06-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks buddy. I tried to find a polite way of saying how I feel. :D

eye of the tiger
06-19-2003, 09:25 PM
I just love happy endings.

Old Cardinal
06-19-2003, 09:42 PM
I enjoyed that!-I don't believe I have ever ran into a Character like you before!... I too kind of work at home. PPHS, I spend about an hour a day on deep extensive research on Master Trust, Cummulative Preferred Stocks, Convertible preferreds, Coal-seam trust, Oil Sand Trust,Canadian Royalty trust, Oil shale trust, and assorted other investment plays that most Brokers have absolutely no idea about. I use to be just "retired" but since the MARKET has really jumped in the last month- I think I might be a "Private Investor"...Working at home, even an hour per day, is really great, and I too enjoy the fun-stuff on this Website. It a great diversion(hope it's spelled right) and restful period: to get on Down Low and see who is getting the best of who...It always tickles me when new folks get on this thing and think that we are all serious! I really appreciate ole Matt and the guys keeping this thing up and running. Why I would buy them tickets to a few 3A ballgames if they would like to come down and visit....PPHS, what do you do to earn a living, working out of your home, I hope it's legal?

PPHSfan
06-20-2003, 10:35 AM
I can assure you Old Buddy that 95 percent of what I do is at least 75 percent legal in at least 50 percent of the counties in half of the states in almost three fourths of the countries on the planet. I would be happy to elaborate, but first I would like you to do the math and see if you can figure it out. :D

Rabbit'93
06-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Great story PPHS. Old Card I just what to know where I should invest my money. Come on help a brother out. Got some insider info.....I don't wanna end up like Martha.

Old Cardinal
06-20-2003, 06:57 PM
To Rabbit 93: I will give you just a couple of elementary Websites to start studing...Please don't attempt to invest your money for a least a year. Just learn to observe, observe, observe first. I sent a lot of info in during the incipient development of this website- www.QuantumOnline.com... (http://www.QuantumOnline.com...) Also for starters, www.mcdep.com (http://www.mcdep.com) is a good site to start with. Study for about a month, on the web etc:, all of the things that I listed in my previous entry here(like Master Trust, Cummulative preferred stocks, etc:). Then contact me via the private message board, in about a month or two, and will attempt to answer your questions That you will then have....Have you had any Senior College courses in Investments or Corporate Finance?