PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs Monahans

Pages : [1] 2

S-WtrMustangFan
11-27-2005, 12:50 AM
It's going to be a tough game on both sides.whoever can stop the runing game will win this one.And Monahans has to catch us to stop us.Sweetwater's speed will win this game.Go Mustangs!!!!:mad:

sweetwater08
11-27-2005, 12:57 AM
after watching monahans play saturday i think that swater can beat the on the ground and in the air.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-27-2005, 01:02 AM
I watched them play too.They also like to throw the ball up for grabs i see us getting some int's.

sweetwater08
11-27-2005, 01:05 AM
You're right. when they did go to the air it was either no where near the reciever or right to a wide open man (the last play of the game)

Stownhorse
11-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Dont get big headed my friends...We all know what happens when we start to topple because of our swollen heads....

Ranger Mom
11-27-2005, 01:21 AM
My husband and I have been to 3 Sweetwater games and 3 Monahans games this season.

I have NO prediction, he thinks Monahans can take it!

sWaterislife
11-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have NO prediction

Most definitely agree...

S-WtrMustangFan
11-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Not getting a big head.I'm just trying to stay positive.

GreenMonster
11-27-2005, 03:15 AM
Sweetwater turns Monahans into taco meat as Banyard and Co. grind the Loboes into the Grande turf. Sweetwater by 2 TD's. Move over Sweetwater fans, open up a little room for me to jump on the bandwagon so I can help to Spread the Red!

its_n_ D_water
11-27-2005, 03:29 AM
I went to the Monahans- Bridgeport game....let me break it down for yall...I saw no defense what so ever on both parts ..Im not trying to be bias aganist anybody here ..but Monahans has a great offense but no defense bridgeport should have won this game....missed xp , dropped passes.....Monahans consider yourself lucky...just like Sweetwater..........Good luck to Monahans see you at the game......

MHSvarsity2007
11-27-2005, 04:04 AM
good luck to both teams...although i'm pullin' for the stangs! :)

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 05:01 AM
Im pullin for sweetwater only cuz I wanna see them play at a later date!

jmcgee
11-27-2005, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Sweetwater turns Monahans into taco meat as Banyard and Co. grind the Loboes into the Grande turf. Sweetwater by 2 TD's. Move over Sweetwater fans, open up a little room for me to jump on the bandwagon so I can help to Spread the Red! Greenmonster welcome aboard. And as to the D comments. I'm not 100% sure but I think we saw one of the best in region 1 this Friday. And if its true what yall say about no D in tonights game. Then I will take Sweetwater by 6. But If the Stangs can show up for 4 qrts instead of the last minute of the second and the last 6 mins of the 4th. Its goin to be a long night for the loboes.

loboes86
11-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Lucky? NO Defense? Just keep telling yourselfs that, I have seen Sweetwater play and I doubt they could have handeled #33 from BP any better, and did any of you people see the size of the bulls on the O line. It was'nt luck that BP did"nt score any extra pointns. What Happened to their kicker? I know I saw a kid during warm-ups kicking 40 yard field goals. C-mon guys give a little credit! Way to go Monahans! Go game Bridgeport your team had lots of grit!

LewP
11-27-2005, 10:23 AM
OK, I'm trying to not rain on the Mustangs parade here cause I'm a Mustang fan. Frankly, I'm concerned about Monahans. Granted, I had to listen to the game on the internet, but ya'll excuse me if I sit here wondering how we stop their offense.

I have felt all along Bridgeport got no respect. I called this came exactly as an offensive shoot out and that's what it was.
Tread lightly Sweetwater fans....just tread lightly. I don't at all see Monahans that easy.

Butkus
11-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Having watched Sweetwater, Monohans and Snyder play each other, I believe the difference in this game will be the speed of the Sweetwater secondary stopping the pass and getting a good rush on the QB, (who is excellent) which didn't happen in the Snyder game.

its_n_ D_water
11-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by loboes86
Lucky? NO Defense? Just keep telling yourselfs that, I have seen Sweetwater play and I doubt they could have handeled #33 from BP any better, and did any of you people see the size of the bulls on the O line. It was'nt luck that BP did"nt score any extra pointns. What Happened to their kicker? I know I saw a kid during warm-ups kicking 40 yard field goals. C-mon guys give a little credit! Way to go Monahans! Go game Bridgeport your team had lots of grit!
Bridgeport was big on the offensive line, but you should have seen Iowa park, they were really Big...c'mon...Monahans gave up 40 points you call that defense....Im not saying were going to win, but I did watch that game last night and BELIEVE ME that was not defense.....:nerd:

its_n_ D_water
11-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Monahans is a well balanced team ..on running and passing...thier running backs are fast and hard to tackle...even special teams looked good for monahans..that punt return was pretty good....so I have no prediction on who is going to win...good luck to the Mustangs and to the Lobos.....

LewP
11-27-2005, 11:35 AM
I listened to the game. I can't count the number of times I heard the Lobo player getting hit initially, and then bouncing off for more yardage.

The One
11-27-2005, 11:45 AM
My 2 cents:

Sweetwater would have not been able to to stop the Bport offense or #33 either.

Monahans lucky? Yes they are lucky to win last night, had Bports kicker not been injured they would have lost that game.... BUT, that game probably did more for Monahans then people think.. There level of opponents have not been good during the regular season. In order to win last night they had to dig deep. They were down by 9 going into the 4th and they found a way to come back and win this game in overtime. I think a win like that builds character in a team. I think if Sweetwater overlooks Monahans at all Monahans will move to 14-0 next week, but if Sweetwater does there job and focuses this week, then the cinderella season of Monahans ends this week!

Sweetwater 42 Monahans 35

LewP
11-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by The One
My 2 cents:

Monahans lucky? Yes they are lucky to win last night, had Bports kicker not been injured they would have lost that game.... BUT, that game probably did more for Monahans then people think.. There level of opponents have not been good during the regular season. In order to win last night they had to dig deep. They were down by 9 going into the 4th and they found a way to come back and win this game in overtime. I think a win like that builds character in a team. I think if Sweetwater overlooks Monahans at all Monahans will move to 14-0 next week, but if Sweetwater does there job and focuses this week, then the cinderella season of Monahans ends this week!

Dear The One.

Great game to my Wise County Neighbors.
You pretty much said what I was thinking. Monahans may have done Sweetwater the biggest favor by defeating Bridgeport. The Bulls were just awesome, and so was Monahans. Who would have thought the game would have been decided by extra points.

I can assure you Sweetwater will not take this game light heartedly. I listened to the Bridgeport broadcast and that two point conversion at the end of the game sounded like it was just a gnat's wing to being a successful conversion. When that conversion failed to send the game into overtime, I knew Monahans was going to win the game.

What a heck of a game.

The final thought here?

Extra points in the game:
Monahans 7
Bridgeport 0

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Monahans wins this one by 14 or less...

mustang04
11-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Monahans wins this one by 14 or less...

haha...just cuz u got beat by them, it will make yall look better if they beat us too

heres my breakdown of the game last night...both teams....horrible, no disrespect, but they were horrible

#33 from bridgeport was legit, so was the monahans RB, BUT...i seriously thought both teams were weak, if sweetwater does lose to monahans, i PROMISE u it wont be because lack of talent, they have that over monahans hands down....BUT, if they start gettin the attitude like i have right now (but its my right as a fan since i dont play for them anymore) then they might come out losing
in no way SHOULD sweetwater lose, BUT it CAN and MIGHT happen

Sweetwater 31 monahans 14

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
haha...just cuz u got beat by them, it will make yall look better if they beat us too

heres my breakdown of the game last night...both teams....horrible, no disrespect, but they were horrible

#33 from bridgeport was legit, so was the monahans RB, BUT...i seriously thought both teams were weak, if sweetwater does lose to monahans, i PROMISE u it wont be because lack of talent, they have that over monahans hands down....BUT, if they start gettin the attitude like i have right now (but its my right as a fan since i dont play for them anymore) then they might come out losing
in no way SHOULD sweetwater lose, BUT it CAN and MIGHT happen

no, its not b/c we lost to them....i want yall to win but yall have been struggling in the last 2 games and i think monahans will win

mustang04
11-27-2005, 01:41 PM
no, its not b/c we lost to them....i want yall to win but yall have been struggling in the last 2 games and i think monahans will win

the players havent been struggling, #15 needs to be in the game and #3 will make things happen

i think any iowa park fan who went to the game will vouch for me when i say that if #3 wants it bad enough, hes going to get it

babc
11-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I've seen both play now & being an outsider to both teams i say monahans wins big

mustang04
11-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by babc
I've seen both play now & being an outsider to both teams i say monahans wins big

fo some odd reason..i dont think ur from bridgeport, i think ur from sweetwater and ur trying to make some locker-room material, but that was horrible...EVEN IF U ARE FROM BRIDGEPORT!!!!

what have u seen in monahans and not seen in sweetwater that would lead to that assumption, maybe "i think monahans will win" will do, but WIN BIG?????? are u serious hahaha

Butkus
11-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by babc
Well, ole Butkus has seen both teams play too and I say if Sweetwater stops the Lobo run and makes them pass then Sweetwater has too much speed in the secondary for the Lobo receivers.:thinking:

GetRDoneStangs
11-27-2005, 02:24 PM
So guys are yall going to be on the sides yelling GO RED GO or Go Gringo?? haha :D

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 02:25 PM
the players havent been struggling, #15 needs to be in the game and #3 will make things happen

i think any iowa park fan who went to the game will vouch for me when i say that if #3 wants it bad enough, hes going to get it
this isnt about how the players are playing....it's about how the TEAM plays...and the last 2 games the mustangs as a TEAM are struggling

GetRDoneStangs
11-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Ohh yes I am so glad we are playin @t Grande!! I was not looking forward to a game at Shotwell.. then we wouldnt get a fre meal! Besides.. Grande is better! ;)

jmcgee
11-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I think the mustangs came out of thier slump friday night. Well the last 5 mins of friday night.

its_n_ D_water
11-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Wouldnt you consider making a 14 point comeback with less than 6 min left in the game... a TEAM EFFORT......;)

LewP
11-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Most definately!

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Sweetwater by 3.

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by its_n_ D_water
Wouldnt you consider making a 14 point comeback with less than 6 min left in the game... a TEAM EFFORT......;)
Wouldnt you consider sucking it up most of the game...a struggling team effort...which if you do against a very good team (like monahans)you will lose

Butkus
11-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Wouldnt you consider sucking it up most of the game...a struggling team effort...which if you do against a very good team (like monahans)you will lose
So, would that be the voice of experience talking.:thinking:

stxboy05
11-27-2005, 03:07 PM
I think Sweetwater will win this game, and not just b/c i'm from sweetwater. I believe that bridgeport should've won last night and monohans was lucky, to tell the truth we were lucky bridgeport lost b/c #33 was somethin serious. Iowa Park was better than monohans i think b/c those big cornfed boys were wearing us out for awhile i thought our season was about to end but we finally pulled it together, and this week sweetwater is ready for monohans.

LewP
11-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by stxboy05
I think Sweetwater will win this game, and not just b/c i'm from sweetwater. I believe that bridgeport should've won last night and monohans was lucky, to tell the truth we were lucky bridgeport lost b/c #33 was somethin serious. Iowa Park was better than monohans i think b/c those big cornfed boys were wearing us out for awhile i thought our season was about to end but we finally pulled it together, and this week sweetwater is ready for monohans.

Best post of the day. I agree completely.

stangpride
11-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Monahans is a well balanced team ..on running and passing...thier running backs are fast and hard to tackle...even special teams looked good for monahans..that punt return was pretty good....so I have no prediction on who is going to win...good luck to the Mustangs and to the Lobos.....

punt return if anyone was watching monohans didnt cover their reciever lucky for them bridgeport was dumb enough to motion him down to block instead of throw to him and get easily 20 yards and they couldnt stop 1 player how do they expect to stop 2 with more speed and 1 with as much power. and if bridgeports kicker doesnt blow out his knee monohans loses by 6

gobbler grad
11-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Sweetwater wins in overtime...it don't matter...as long as they win...:clap:

stangpride
11-27-2005, 03:32 PM
My 2 cents:

well then i guess their character is built from coming back from a 9 point deficit in the 4th quarter... well the night before that sweetwater built a lot of character losing 21-7 in the last 5 mins. of the game. im not goin to say who wins or loses but i know that the only reason people wasnt talkin as much about iowa park is because they lost to top 4a teams and everyone overlooked them because of their record they were a great team with a good running back we stopped him and we should stop theirs. as for their "passing game" bring it on.

stangpride
11-27-2005, 03:42 PM
this isnt about how the players are playing....it's about how the TEAM plays...and the last 2 games the mustangs as a TEAM are struggling

I will admit that we struggled the first half of littlefield but the 2nd halfe we outscored them 31-6 not much of a struggle there and as for friday iowa park was a great team overlooked because of the top 4a teams they played their size got the best of us in the 3rd quarter but its still a 4 quarter game and the mustangs keep finding a way to win. but i guess it is easy to sit at home and type who you think will win.

LewP
11-27-2005, 03:46 PM

PMoney? I thought ya'll were busy playing basketball?

How can you be the expert all of a sudden? Sweetwater beat Snyder, and Monahans beat you as well. Don't ya think you should let the big boys handle this?

stangpride
11-27-2005, 03:49 PM

I dont think we "sucked it up" but hey whatever you like to think but even if we did atleast we have the chance to suck it up. but hey how is basketball goin.

loboesstate07
11-27-2005, 04:17 PM
loboes will win cause if u think about it sweetwater almost lost to iowa park and iowa park did lose to a 2a school didnt they?? i heard they did iono but it will be a really close game or the mustangs could pull away with the win but im gonna go for monahans of course

i say monahans 48 swater 28

DaHop72
11-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by loboesstate07
loboes will win cause if u think about it sweetwater almost lost to iowa park and iowa park did lose to a 2a school didnt they?? i heard they did iono but it will be a really close game or the mustangs could pull away with the win but im gonna go for monahans of course

Now that's someone who is sure of themself???:thinking:

WTF-82
11-27-2005, 04:22 PM
I think Monahans and Sweetwater will be a great game. Sweetwater has a great team I have always loved the way they
played through the last 2 years lots of respect for them.
But dont count the Loboes out Sweetwater has to 2 fast backs but nothing near the Bridgeport back's capability, they spread
Monahans all over the field and put them in tough sitiuations Bridgeport offense is the best I have seen this year in 3-a.

WTF-82
11-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Monahans 24
Sweetwater 19

Sweetwater will find out that Monahans is also a great passing team our offense is very balanced and Defense is better than
you think.

garciap77
11-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Sweetwater will take this one. It will be close, but I have to go with SW speed. Sweetwater by 3.

WTF-82
11-27-2005, 04:31 PM
I also saw Iowa Park vs Sweetwater and I believe Iowa Park was worn down in the end, some of there players I saw going both ways. Not the case with the Loboes my stang friends they will come to play for 4 qtrs.

24-19 Loboes

Tweeder215
11-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I say Sweetwater by 14. I was at the game and monahans defense isnt ready for Sweetwater. However I do have to say that Monahans has as much talent in the backfield (not as much speed but as much TALENT). the only difference in this game is gonna be speed. Good luck to both teams.

GreenMonster
11-27-2005, 05:50 PM

The Mustangs didn't struggle much against IP. It was there when they needed it. IP had a terrible overall record but the last 6 games they played was top notch football. IP has shut some pretty good offenses down and held Sweetwater well below their season average for yardage but the Hawks weren't able to stop the Power late in the fourth quarter. Defensively Sweetwater is quick quick and very good tacklers. No one all season was able to tackle the IP RB's with one player but Sweetwater could. #15 Carillo is all over the place defensively and he's top notch. Yes, I agree that Sweetwater was pretty quiet through much of the game but that is exactly what Iowa Park does to people. Sweetwater as a TEAM did not struggle with Iowa Park, Iowa Park as a TEAM was just able to push them around. Those kids are tough though because after the physical whipping that they took for 3 and a half quarters they should have been dog tired and finished but they still had gas left in the tank. I will stick with my pick, Sweetwater by 2 TD's or more. Determination mixed with the kind of talent Sweetwater has is a deadly combination in the playoffs.

smustangs
11-27-2005, 06:14 PM
i agree w/ greenmonster IP just shut us down because if we struggled against them they would have put up about 30 on us because they were top notch that o and d line was impressive and sweetwater may not ever be the biggest or even the best athletes but they will never quit they have heart which is something you cant coach and that is deadily

Stang4life5_5
11-27-2005, 06:52 PM

Well Sweetwater shut down a 4a team didnt they?
Sizes dont matter anymore...well not to an extent,
Snyder beat wylie...Wylie is supposed to go big school,
In playoffs its all about heart who wants it the most...
and besides Iowa park was able to improve their game oveer the season..Ne ways good luck to both teams go mustangs

Butkus
11-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Sweetwater's speed will be the difference in this game, Mustangs by 10.

STANG RED
11-27-2005, 06:59 PM
It's pretty simple really.
Bridgeports #33 ran off and left all Monahans defenders in his dust. He is no where near even remotely as fast as our #22, #3, or even #15 with a bad knee and ankle. These boys will need even less of a crease than #33 did, and they will be gone for the distance. Dont get me wrong, Monahans has a great team! But, their lack of speed will be what does them in.
And, we have a great kicker! The Loboes cant count on a bunch of missed extra points during this game.
Mustangs 38
Loboes 21

DaHop72
11-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Bridgeports #33 ran off and left all Monahans defenders in his dust. He is no where near even remotely as fast as our #22, #3, or even #15 with a bad knee and ankle. These boys will need even less of a crease than #33 did, and they will be gone for the distance. Dont get me wrong, Monahans has a great team! But, their lack of speed will be what does them in.
And, we have a great kicker! The Loboes cant count on a bunch of missed extra points during this game.
Mustangs 38
Loboes 21
Stang Red, thanks for not letting me down. I plan on being at Grande if I have to run away from home forever. I caught up on the honey dos and made the must make trip to Lubbock. Sure hope I'm clear for Friday now.

slpybear the bullfan
11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the backwards compliment to that #33... Although I don't think he is quite as slow as you make him out to be... (even with a tweaked ankle and groin he was running on.)

Good luck to both teams next week.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Also if it was'nt for bad calls & missed calls from the refs. Sweetwater would have been up 21 to 0 at halftime against Iowa Park. Go Mustangs!!!!

IowaPark74
11-27-2005, 08:19 PM
The Mustangs didn't struggle much against IP.... Sweetwater as a TEAM did not struggle with Iowa Park....

Are you kidding me...lol
Were you at the same game i was.
Iowa Park found about fives ways to lose this game.

I'm not making a pick 'cause I've not seen Monahans.

IowaPark74
11-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
Also if it was'nt for bad calls & missed calls from the refs. Sweetwater would have been up 21 to 0 at halftime against Iowa Park. Go Mustangs!!!!

Pleeease...Calls were bad the whole game. Both sides.

Phantom interefence call on IP in the first half (just happened to be on the SW sideline.
Downing the balll at the one when he came down in the end zone.
Called a Sweetwater TD back in the first half.
Third and 1 with a minute and a half left, IP gets two 5 yard penalties without ever snapping the ball.

Zeebra's were awful for what was at stake , both ways.

donjuan
11-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Nobody is "lucky" when you get to the 4th round of the playoffs. Both teams are very good. Bridgeport should not complain. Special teams after all are also a part of football and the Loboes won the game in that department. Both teams showed you what kind of character they have by coming back in the 4th quarters of their games. This will be a great game.

Razorback
11-27-2005, 08:35 PM
I think it would be awesome to get a championship 20 years after the last one. I mean I sure wanted to see it earlier, but as a sweetwater grad from 92 I sure would like to see the stangs whup up on the loboes one more time. Heck my dad graduated from Monohans and my sister lives there so that makes them the 2nd favorite team for the stangs to beat behind Snyder LOL. It will be a good game!!!

Razorback
11-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Before I get slammed I know there is more football after the Monohans game, but I sure would love to see the boys in red get a championship. My GF's cuz is the Center and he is a HOSS!!! Good luck Stangs and kick some tail Lance!

http://preps.reporternews.com/sport/football/PlayerDetail.cfm?SiteID=ABIL&DesignID=ABIL&TeamMemberID=197772&SeasonOffset=0&Gender=Boys&SportID=FTB

jmcgee
11-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by IowaPark74

Phantom interefence call on IP in the first half (just happened to be on the SW sideline.
Third and 1 with a minute and a half left, IP gets two 5 yard penalties without ever snapping the ball.

Zeebra's were awful for what was at stake , both ways. That was not a phantum PI call the ip player hit him well before the ball got there now i not saying he would have diffinately caught it but he had no chance with the ip hitting him before it got there.

Bubba-Joe
11-27-2005, 09:23 PM

Oh P-money

Bubba Joe leaves town for a few days and you loose your mind or your memory at least

just bc Monahans is undefeated yall think snyder will lose to them but Monahans has played against crappy teams except for Greewood and Seminole

Now I ask you which is the Monahans team the Sweetwater Mustangs are playing in Midland this weekend

the very good team you describe in your latest post
or
the Monahans team that has only played crappy teams except for
well you know the rest

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Oh P-money
Bubba Joe leaves town for a few days and you loose your mind or your memory at least
Now I ask you which is the Monahans team the Sweetwater Mustangs are playing in Midland this weekend
the very good team you describe in your latest post
or
the Monahans team that has only played crappy teams except for
well you know the rest
i underestimated Monahans and they proved it to me....its just my opinion that the Loboes will win...don't get so defensive just b/c someone has a different opinion than you

mustang04
11-27-2005, 09:31 PM
i underestimated Monahans and they proved it to me....its just my opinion that the Loboes will win...don't get so defensive just b/c someone has a different opinion than you i dont think he was being THAT defensive:D

Bubba-Joe
11-27-2005, 09:35 PM
PEE Pee
now who is being defensive
not snyder against Monahans 3 weeks ago

Hey these are you words not mine

Yes snyder is #9....its funny how Monahans is undefeated and Wylie has lost 2 games and wylie is #10 while Monahans is not in the top ten.....but that shows you records dont necessarly mean your a bad team it really means how good of a team....IMO Wylie is a better team and the got it right by keeping them in the top ten

Is Monahans now a top ten team
since only 8 teams are left in the bracket most folks would say yes
Of course we all know where your tiggers are this week

Bubba knows as do the Mustangs aint no dogs left in Round 4
funny thing is
AINT NO TIGGERS EITHER

Butkus
11-27-2005, 09:40 PM
i underestimated Monahans and they proved it to me....its just my opinion that the Loboes will win...don't get so defensive just b/c someone has a different opinion than you
Money man, you've seen the Mustangs and the Lobos play now. I for one think the speed in the Stang secondary can cover the Lobos tight ends.:D

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:42 PM
PEE Pee
now who is being defensive
not snyder against Monahans 3 weeks ago
Hey these are you words not mine
Is Monahans now a top ten team
since only 8 teams are left in the bracket most folks would say yes
Of course we all know where your tiggers are this week
Bubba knows as do the Mustangs aint no dogs left in Round 4
funny thing is
AINT NO TIGGERS EITHER
for some reason i dont think this thread was about snyder....o ya cause its not...in this thread i never said that sweetwater or monahans is a bad team cause they are both great teams i just think that monahans will win

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Money man, you've seen the Mustangs and the Lobos play now. I for one think the speed in the Stang secondary can cover the Lobos tight ends.:D
maybe we will have to wait and find out:D

Butkus
11-27-2005, 09:45 PM
maybe we will have to wait and find out:D
I think the wait will be short, Friday to be exact. I think ole Butkus may show up. How about the Money man??:thinking:

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:46 PM
I think the wait will be short, Friday to be exact. I think ole Butkus may show up. How about the Money man??:thinking:
i won't be able to make it in person but i will be listening on the radio

S-WtrMustangFan
11-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Money man, you've seen the Mustangs and the Lobos play now. I for one think the speed in the Stang secondary can cover the Lobos tight ends.:D ^What he said.Go Mustangs!!!!

Butkus
11-27-2005, 09:48 PM
i won't be able to make it in person but i will be listening on the radio
Heck Money man, not but about 1 1/2 from Sparkle City to Grande.:D

Bubba-Joe
11-27-2005, 10:06 PM
for some reason i dont think this thread was about snyder....o ya cause its not...in this thread i never said that sweetwater or monahans is a bad team cause they are both great teams i just think that monahans will win

Lets see what exactly was it that you said about the Mustangs

oh yeah

Something about a struggling team effort
of course that stuggling team managed a 14 point come from behind win in overtime against Iowa Park

Your right about one thing this thread aint about snyder
because for all the talk after the Sweetwater win over the tiggers about snyder gettin another shot in round four are over
and whhhhhhyyyyy is that discussion over
well it aint because Sweetwater didn't hold up there end of the bargin
Ole Bubba seems to remember some tigger fans talkin about early Christmas present ect........... that would come from the tiggers

so you can have your opinion - but think about this
BOTH MONAHANS & SWEETWATER ARE PLAYING IN THE 4TH ROUND
AND AS BUBBA HAS SAID AINT NO DOGS NOR STRUGGLING TEAMS IN THIS MATCH UP

Stang99
11-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah I agree the refs were pretty bad. as for the interfernce he was there early, the punt his foot was on the line when he caught it, should have been a touchback.

Zeebra's were awful for what was at stake , both ways.

sweetwater07
11-27-2005, 10:30 PM
dang i miss one day and this thread takes off......well i think after hearing about that game in the bowl....we shou;d take them...what the updates on the net here it seems to me that monahans doesn't have a defense and if they have no defense this week than banyard and skye will run over them with pleasure ALL night.....hopefully we can make the defensive stops

jmcgee
11-27-2005, 11:58 PM
I want to see the Mustangs come out and play for 4 qtrs if they can do that then I think they will beat monahans.

Mustangpride09
11-28-2005, 08:51 AM
My 2 cents:

but if Sweetwater does there job and focuses this week, then the cinderella season of Monahans ends this week!

A Cinderella story of having a schedule loaded with 2A and non playoff 3A teams?

The One
11-28-2005, 08:55 AM
I feel the same way, but even at that to be 13-0 and have played Snyder, Perryton and Bridgeport in the playoffs, they have earned it..

Phantom Stang
11-28-2005, 09:14 AM

I had a good vantage point to see this one.
Skye Green grabbed the ball, running full speed, at the one. Momentum carried him into the endzone.

WTF-82
11-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Lobo staff has been preparing for stang offense for a long time our staff loves what they do. Our Coaches will have the lobo Defenders ready trust me. I am just glad #33 does not play for the stangs. He just ran over our defenders I do not see that happen this week Green and Banyard are fast but so are we. B/PORT was succesful with there ability to spread the Loboes out.

24-19 Loboes

Mustangpride09
11-28-2005, 09:19 AM

Did your basketball coach decide to go with reebok's or nike's?

Butkus
11-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Did your basketball coach decide to go with reebok's or nike's?
I believe you must be one of those 0 posters that mustang04 just might have been talkin about.

pirate4state
11-28-2005, 09:56 AM
I've got family in Sweetwater!!

:cheerl: GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!!! :cheerl:

STANG RED
11-28-2005, 10:21 AM
I have been hearing for weeks about the Monahans great defense. Now that I have seen them play, I have still only HEARD about that great defense, because I certainly DIDNT SEE it!!!
From what I saw, the speedy backs from Sweetwater, should have a field day against the Loboe defense (or should I say, the lack there of).
The only unknown in this game will be, when will the Mustang offense get untracked? If it happens early, it will be a rout by 1/2.
If not, it will be another nail bitter!
If #15 starts at QB, we may get the rout, but he is just too beat up to play every single down on both O and D. As great of a QB as he is, he is even more important to the D. Coach Jackson has quiet a delimma on his hands, doesnt he?
I think, if it were me, I'd let him start, and try and build a decent lead. Maybe he wouldnt have to come back in and bail them out again in the 4th, if he can build enough lead up in the first half.
Sounds simple enough, dont it? NOT!!!
GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!
RED!!!!!!!!!!!!RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macarthur
11-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Mustangs 38
Loboes 21

I don't know about straight line speed, but that kid from Bridgeport is as good a RB as there is in 3A. Ask TCU.

sww-bull52
11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I have been hearing for weeks about the Monahans great defense. Now that I have seen them play, I have still only HEARD about that great defense, because I certainly DIDNT SEE it!!!
From what I saw, the speedy backs from Sweetwater, should have a field day against the Loboe defense (or should I say, the lack there of).
The only unknown in this game will be, when will the Mustang offense get untracked? If it happens early, it will be a rout by 1/2.
If not, it will be another nail bitter!
If #15 starts at QB, we may get the rout, but he is just too beat up to play every single down on both O and D. As great of a QB as he is, he is even more important to the D. Coach Jackson has quiet a delimma on his hands, doesnt he?
I think, if it were me, I'd let him start, and try and build a decent lead. Maybe he wouldnt have to come back in and bail them out again in the 4th, if he can build enough lead up in the first half.
Sounds simple enough, dont it? NOT!!!
GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!
RED!!!!!!!!!!!!RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Stang Red,
I just read in the Oddesa American that #33 racked up 233 yards rushing against the Loboes. 'Nuff said?

STANG RED
11-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I don't know about straight line speed, but that kid from Bridgeport is as good a RB as there is in 3A. Ask TCU.
I didnt say he wasnt. I think he was awsome.
But I am just simply talking about pure speed here.

mrescape43
11-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Here is my take on the game. Our runners were able to score 3 touchdowns from 25, 25, and 41 yards on the Loboe's defense with nowhere near the speed of Swater. If the O line has a good game I pick the Mustangs will win 35-21.

Good luck Mustangs.

chugbug
11-28-2005, 11:01 AM
I hate to say it, but , the Swami told me that Monahans is going to beat Sweetwater by 2 tds. All of you Sweetwater people need to understand that the Swami is never wrong. Good luck.:eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

TigerPride
11-28-2005, 11:15 AM
(from black magic)Good one! Hey Bubba, tell your wife and my kids hello for me. BTW she said she doesnt like the gotee... Guess thats the fruits of Hunting with a Howitzer compared to hunting with a Daisy pellet gun good luck tonight and dont come home from the game too early ok

THIS POST WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR THIS FORUM!!

~RM~

Butkus
11-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
I hate to say it, but , the Swami told me that Monahans is going to beat Sweetwater by 2 tds. All of you Sweetwater people need to understand that the Swami is never wrong. Good luck.:eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:
Well from what I see, you better get the Swami a new hat and crysta ball, cause the tea leaves say Mustangs by 10.

vet93
11-28-2005, 11:24 AM
At the beginning of the season I picked Sweetwater to take the region and was trying to convince people that they should have been top 10. This, of course, was before all of the bandwagon jumpers piled on....However, I am hearing some disturbing words coming from the Sweetwater faithful. They seem to want to give Bridgeport absolutely no credit whatsoever. They must not know that not only did BP have a really great team and star player in #33 but their coach is also one of the best offensive minds in all 3a (in my opinion). You BP backers...back me up on this one. In addition, you have made much of Monahans being lucky to have beaten BP, and yet you had to mount your own 14 point last minute comeback to beat IP. It seems a little funny that you seem to be attributing all of your success to skill and determination and Monahans just plain got lucky. This game could have gone either way between Monahans or BP, kicker or no kicker....and the same thing could have been said about Sweetwater and IP. So.....before you start counting your chickens and making your Semifinal plans remember this....I saw Coach Owens take a Ballinger team that had less talent than the one he has at Monahans now beat a team from Kennedale who was just as talented as this years Sweetwater team (I have seen with my eyes both of these teams). Monahans is a very good football team and is capable of beating Sweetwater on any given day....So be careful what you say.

Bullaholic
11-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by TigerPride
POST WAS DELETED DUE TO CONTENT

~RM~

TigerPride....I hope you will not be offended by my unsolicited $.02 worth on your post in open forum. Bubba Joe is certainly able to adequately defend himself in these "friendly" exchanges, but I would ask you to stop and consider that someone is eventually going to become genuinely offended if you continue to include poster's families in your remarks, no matter how much in "jest" they are intended---I have never seen this to fail to happen when this road is taken. I think teams, records and traditions are all "fair" game and we all enjoy reading the exchanges in these areas, and hope you will continue them, but there is a line of personal sensitivity and good taste which should not be crossed by anyone. I would hate to see this happen. Again, not trying to make a "fight" which is not mine---I enjoy all of your posts, but I just wanted to ask you to consider the direction you are headed.

STANG RED
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by chugbug

Me thinks the swami sucki, and him turbine full of do do.

WTF-82
11-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Bullaholic,

Hey I am glad you are on I just want to tell you that I was very
impressed with youre team the bulls. Man they were awesome
I have not seen something that impressive offensively in a long time. The Coach was brilliant offensively and #33 I have not seen someone better than him listed at 4.4 in the 40 man he was awesome and the way he would run through defenders. The B/P coach was very tough to trust his offense that much at 36-36 kicker or not he wanted to go with his offense, lots of respect from me Bridgeport is the real deal.

WTF-82
11-28-2005, 11:49 AM
also yall had great fans. I loved it.

Bullaholic
11-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by vet93
At the beginning of the season I picked Sweetwater to take the region and was trying to convince people that they should have been top 10. This, of course, was before all of the bandwagon jumpers piled on....However, I am hearing some disturbing words coming from the Sweetwater faithful. They seem to want to give Bridgeport absolutely no credit whatsoever. They must not know that not only did BP have a really great team and star player in #33 but their coach is also one of the best offensive minds in all 3a (in my opinion). You BP backers...back me up on this one. In addition, you have made much of Monahans being lucky to have beaten BP, and yet you had to mount your own 14 point last minute comeback to beat IP. It seems a little funny that you seem to be attributing all of your success to skill and determination and Monahans just plain got lucky. This game could have gone either way between Monahans or BP, kicker or no kicker....and the same thing could have been said about Sweetwater and IP. So.....before you start counting your chickens and making your Semifinal plans remember this....I saw Coach Owens take a Ballinger team that had less talent than the one he has at Monahans now beat a team from Kennedale who was just as talented as this years Sweetwater team (I have seen with my eyes both of these teams). Monahans is a very good football team and is capable of beating Sweetwater on any given day....So be careful what you say.

Thanks for the props for the Bridgeport players and coach, Vet93. Nobody can have a "feel" for what you are saying until they have played the Bulls. It is always fun for us to listen to fans and teams from other towns after they have played us for the first time. Every playoff game from round 3 and up generally gets tough---all of the "weaker" teams have been eliminated and if your team is going into Rd 4---you better be ready---there ain't no more "easy" games. Monahans is a solid football team with a lot of tenacity, good coaching, and sound fundamentals. Sweetwater has a lot of these qualities, also with perhaps a bit more speed. I think this one is a tossup and will come down to the team making the fewest mistakes will win it.

chugbug
11-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Just keep making fun of the Swami, you'll see he is never wrong. You will find out this week. Good luck, you will need it. :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

fball_gal310
11-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Well said Vet....

Both Monahans and Sweetwater have a lot of talent and ability but it all depends on which team shows up to play. Getting this far in the playoffs doesn't happen on just luck like most of the posters here seem to be saying...it happens by teamwork.

BP had an awesome running back which Monahans did have trouble stopping but in the end it was the Loboes who outlasted the Bulls, not the other way around. The defense for the Loboes has not been playing up to par but as long as the team sticks together and doesn't give up then who knows what could happen. I hope the Loboes win this one but it will tough.

A wise coach once said, "Remember you are in the Alamo and no one from the outside will help you, so defend your flag."

Bullaholic
11-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Bullaholic,

Hey I am glad you are on I just want to tell you that I was very
impressed with youre team the bulls. Man they were awesome
I have not seen something that impressive offensively in a long time. The Coach was brilliant offensively and #33 I have not seen someone better than him listed at 4.4 in the 40 man he was awesome and the way he would run through defenders. The B/P coach was very tough to trust his offense that much at 36-36 kicker or not he wanted to go with his offense, lots of respect from me Bridgeport is the real deal.

Thanks for the kind words, ***-82. If you are a Bridgeport fan, you have to learn to ride that "roller coaster" and hang on for dear life and be ready for one heck of a "ride". This is one of the reasons our fans are so "passionate". One of these years the Bulls are going to put all of the "elements" of the game together and take it all the way to the title. Best of Luck to your team in the playoffs.

STANG RED
11-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by vet93
If the BP coach was such of a great offensive mind, why didnt he have a kicker? Did their JV not kick extra points? Did their freshman not kick extra points? It seems pretty basic. You have to get your extra points, when you are 3 rounds deep into the playoffs! If they just hit one, they win. Obviously, going for 2 every time wasnt a good judgment call!
Absolutely no doubt, Monahans got lucky!
And, ill be the first to admit, so did Sweetwater!
Both teams coulda, and probably shouda, got beat!

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LewP
PMoney? I thought ya'll were busy playing basketball?

How can you be the expert all of a sudden? Sweetwater beat Snyder, and Monahans beat you as well. Don't ya think you should let the big boys handle this? Ouch!!! That's gotta hurt.Go Mustang's

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Hey Stang Red,
I just read in the Oddesa American that #33 racked up 233 yards rushing against the Loboes. 'Nuff said? I think that was is in the 1st half Bull 52.Go Mustangs!!!!

vet93
11-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't know what went on in the coaches office for him to make the decisions that he did. I would say....don't presume that he made a poor decision if you don't have all of the facts. Being a monday morning qb is easy to do....especially when we don't have all of the information. In regards to his coaching abilities....if you followed his career on occasion like I have or if you had prepared for one of his playoff teams as a coach....I think that your opinion would be different.

If the BP coach was such of a great offensive mind, why didnt he have a kicker? Did their JV not kick extra points? Did their freshman not kick extra points? It seems pretty basic. You have to get your extra points, when you are 3 rounds deep into the playoffs! If they just hit one, they win. Obviously, going for 2 every time wasnt a good judgment call!

fastkid75
11-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I have seen them both play also this year and I was not impressed with Monahans. They beat Snyder but it was due to too many mistakes on Snyder's part. They had a weak schedule so they were undefeated. Big deal. Sweetwater has the speed, the offense and defense and Monahans will finally be "defeated." Not to mention the turf is ideal for Greene and Banyard-just like their own back yard. Sorry Monahans, hope you enjoyed the trip. Find a good steak place in Midland because it will be your last this year. Sweetwater by 2 TD's +!!

Bullaholic
11-28-2005, 12:36 PM

STANG RED....Here is our understanding behind the decision to go for 2 the majority of the time. As you are aware, our kicker and starting LB was out with an injury. In addition to this, our other starting LB was out, and our top receiver could not play on the "O' because of a broken hand. Not excuses, just a lttle more detail on why the Bulls had to make major position changes. We had several underclassmen who were playing in new positions. Several of these kids also played on the PAT team, and the coaches felt that there was just not enough "timing" to get a successful kick away without it being blocked or just not being accurate. We have had an added problem with "slow" snaps being delivered,also. I was as frustrated as you are, but I know these coaches and have learned to "trust" their decisions because I have seen them take a bunch of kids with "average" talent with a "stud" or two here and there and take them deep into the playoffs several times. You have no idea how badly it "hurt" to score seven times to your opponents six, and lose. Should the Bulls have practiced PAT's with other kids in that unit---maybe, but our second guessing will do nothing to change the outcome of that game. We lost, but we had a great "ride"......

DukeNukem
11-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Sweetwater will have 3 big plays (25+ yards) for touchdowns. Yes, Banyard and Green are fast and will get the corner eventually. Both speedy backs but combined that are not as good as the Bridgeport kid. Shame he is done with hs ball but he will move on to bigger stages. Monahans will grind it out successfully every other possession for 5 touchdowns total. My prediction is Monahans 35-21.

Everyone says Sweetwater's speed at linebacker and in the secondary will be the difference in the game. My opinion is Sweetwater's lack of size at linebacker and in the secondary will be the difference along with turnovers and field position.

If Sweetwater jumps up big, the Loboes may be done, but if it stays close, Monahans will be in the semis.

mustang04
11-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
Sweetwater will have 3 big plays (25+ yards) for touchdowns. Yes, Banyard and Green are fast and will get the corner eventually. Both speedy backs but combined that are not as good as the Bridgeport kid. Shame he is done with hs ball but he will move on to bigger stages. Monahans will grind it out successfully every other possession for 5 touchdowns total. My prediction is Monahans 35-21.

Everyone says Sweetwater's speed at linebacker and in the secondary will be the difference in the game. My opinion is Sweetwater's lack of size at linebacker and in the secondary will be the difference along with turnovers and field position.

If Sweetwater jumps up big, the Loboes may be done, but if it stays close, Monahans will be in the semis.

Iowa park knows that sweetwater's "lack of size" didnt stop them from being able to tackle guys

and i think banyard is every bit better than that #33 from bridgeport, but its hard to be a single awesome athlete when u have other guys in the backfield w/ talent right under urs, it spreads out who gets the ball...i guaruntee u if banyard was on a team where he got the ball most the time and was depended heavily upon.....everybody would see what im talking about, kid is a man-child

Butkus
11-28-2005, 01:14 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Duke, ya think that those big ole Lobo tight ends gonna get behind the Sweetwater secondary. That QB ya got is one good player, play action with the best, but the Mustangs have the speed to make up for their mistakes whereas the Tigers of Snyder didn't.

Isn't that copy and past a novel idea.

Butkus
11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by fastkid75
I have seen them both play also this year and I was not impressed with Monahans. They beat Snyder but it was due to too many mistakes on Snyder's part. They had a weak schedule so they were undefeated. Big deal. Sweetwater has the speed, the offense and defense and Monahans will finally be "defeated." Not to mention the turf is ideal for Greene and Banyard-just like their own back yard. Sorry Monahans, hope you enjoyed the trip. Find a good steak place in Midland because it will be your last this year. Sweetwater by 2 TD's +!!
Ya know fast one, if you saw that game you saw mistakes by both teams, one just adjusted and overcome it. They may have played what you call a weak scheduel, but they played them Tigers a real good game.

Adidas410s
11-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Since we have a thread with 115+ posts but no poll...here is the poll!

lobo12
11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
i think the game bing in midland is an advantage for the loboes...they had a tremendous turnout in sweetwater and midlnad is only an hour away, not to mention the band does a great job of getting into the game as do the fans, be ready for an unbelieveable playoff atmosphere friday night

DukeNukem
11-28-2005, 01:25 PM
quote:

So Duke, ya think that those big ole Lobo tight ends gonna get behind the Sweetwater secondary. That QB ya got is one good player, play action with the best, but the Mustangs have the speed to make up for their mistakes whereas the Tigers of Snyder didn't.

Isn't that copy and past a novel idea.

it is my own dang post. i can copy and paste it if i wish. i originally meant to post it in this thread and just posted in the other. i did not feel like retyping or putting anything else. like i said it is MY opinion. i feel the game could go either way and those are the reasons why.

Adidas410s
11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
If a mod wants to merge this with the thread that would be great so we don't have to keep bumping this up...

Butkus
11-28-2005, 01:30 PM
it is my own dang post. i can copy and paste it if i wish. i originally meant to post it in this thread and just posted in the other. i did not feel like retyping or putting anything else. like i said it is MY opinion. i feel the game could go either way and those are the reasons why.
Now don't get upset, just an observation, and I for one still think that copy and paste is a novel idea.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Since we have a thread with 115+ posts but no poll...here is the poll! Thank you Adidas410s

Adidas410s
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
Thank you Adidas410s

I gotta do something to pass the time until next August...

NateDawg39
11-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Well from everything i hear about Sweetwater not bein able to play up to there standards and bein flat the last couple of weeks, I will go with Monahans. I am just waitin on a Swater fan to bash at me for sayin they were flat lol.:D

Ranger Mom
11-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, I merged this one with the other Sweetwater/Monahans thread...only to realize that there WAS another poll already started....I don't think I can merge a poll with a poll!

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I gotta do something to pass the time until next August... Yea i sure hate that.We were pulling for ya.I hope we can say that the Wylie Bulldogs give us our only loss this year.Go Mustangs

fastkid75
11-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Ya know fast one, if you saw that game you saw mistakes by both teams, one just adjusted and overcome it. They may have played what you call a weak scheduel, but they played them Tigers a real good game.

I agree with you, and Monahans definitely did pull this one off and earned it. You have to understand that Sweetwater comes from one of the toughest districts and you already beat one of them, but don't count on it a second time. If monahans struggled against Snyder's running game, they wont be able to stop Sweetwater's-especially on turf that they play on every day. It baffles me that Wylie and Snyder are not still in the runnings like last year! GOod luck...you will definitely need it!

STANG RED
11-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
STANG RED....Here is our understanding behind the decision to go for 2 the majority of the time. As you are aware, our kicker and starting LB was out with an injury. In addition to this, our other starting LB was out, and our top receiver could not play on the "O' because of a broken hand. Not excuses, just a lttle more detail on why the Bulls had to make major position changes. We had several underclassmen who were playing in new positions. Several of these kids also played on the PAT team, and the coaches felt that there was just not enough "timing" to get a successful kick away without it being blocked or just not being accurate. We have had an added problem with "slow" snaps being delivered,also. I was as frustrated as you are, but I know these coaches and have learned to "trust" their decisions because I have seen them take a bunch of kids with "average" talent with a "stud" or two here and there and take them deep into the playoffs several times. You have no idea how badly it "hurt" to score seven times to your opponents six, and lose. Should the Bulls have practiced PAT's with other kids in that unit---maybe, but our second guessing will do nothing to change the outcome of that game. We lost, but we had a great "ride"......
I've mulled this over several times the last couple of days and have changed positions several times.
I have always been of the opinion, that a good offensive team will probably be succesful about 50% of the time when going for two. If your playing against a defense that you have been pushing around pretty succesfully, you would have to figure the odds should go up. This is probably what the BP coaches were thinking. I guess, in the end, you just have to hand it to the Monahans D, for not allowing a single 2 point conversion. I still cant believe BP didnt make a single extra point! There kinda like missed free throws in bball. They sure can come back to haunt you in the end!!!

Butkus
11-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by fastkid75
I agree with you, and Monahans definitely did pull this one off and earned it. You have to understand that Sweetwater comes from one of the toughest districts and you already beat one of them, but don't count on it a second time. If monahans struggled against Snyder's running game, they wont be able to stop Sweetwater's-especially on turf that they play on every day. It baffles me that Wylie and Snyder are not still in the runnings like last year! GOod luck...you will definitely need it!
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, kid rock, I'm not one of them Lobo fans, I just have been observing and decided to make a comment. The Tigers just didn't make adjustments where as the Lobos did and the Bulldogs run into an equal and the Lepards won a good ballgame. Keenum and the Bulldogs just ran out of time.

zeus63
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
just waiting for Friday at about 7:30. Gonna be a great game betwwen two great teams. Just like I said about the Snyder game, it could go either way at any time.

Black_Magic
11-28-2005, 02:26 PM
I bellieve based on the way Sweetwater has been playing of late Im going with Monahans by 10.

Bubba-Joe
11-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I bellieve based on the way Sweetwater has been playing of late Im going with Monahans by 10.

Does this suprise anyone ??

Black_Magic
11-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Does this suprise anyone ?? You need to work on your Linebackers Keys so YOU wont be suprised;) . Be easy on the Kidos today.. K

mustang68
11-28-2005, 04:18 PM

Wow! Thanks for the prediction. If you bat 1000 we will win, based on your prediction when snyder played monahans.

WitchyWoman
11-28-2005, 04:19 PM
You need to work on your Linebackers Keys so YOU wont be suprised;) . Be easy on the Kidos today.. K

Hmmmmmmm very interesting..... Jubba-Boe???? your turn.:D

Tweeder215
11-28-2005, 04:22 PM
I agree '68, but we are really in for a good game this week. Are you gonna be able to make it to Midland?

Butkus
11-28-2005, 04:23 PM
You need to work on your Linebackers Keys so YOU wont be suprised;) . Be easy on the Kidos today.. K
Huh, wondering if cwuhhh, Bubba Joe is at practice passing that on???

mustang68
11-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I agree '68, but we are really in for a good game this week. Are you gonna be able to make it to Midland?

I will be there same place. With big brother in tow. Hope to see you there.

fastkid75
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Looking forward to a good ball game. Good luck to both teams!

WTF-82
11-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Well what do yall think can this Monahans vs Sweetwater game bring 12-15,000 fans in Midland friday. Who is the Home team.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Im going to have to hang up my red & white checkered pants for this game.I will be working midnights and would'nt be able to make it back in time to go to work.I know there will be enough loud and proud Mustang fans there to make some noise for me.I will have my ear glued to the radio listening to ya.Hope i can wear the pants next week.Go Mustangs!!!

Ranger Mom
11-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Well what do yall think can this Monahans vs Sweetwater game bring 12-15,000 fans in Midland friday. Who is the Home team.

Sweetwater is the home team!

WTF-82
11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Very good. RM

jmcgee
11-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Well what do yall think can this Monahans vs Sweetwater game bring 12-15,000 fans in Midland friday. Who is the Home team. I think so maybe more.

GetRDoneStangs
11-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sweetwater is the home team!

Hooray! :clap:

loboesstate07
11-28-2005, 05:58 PM
sweetwaters team is all about pretty much skye green and their qb so if one of them gets hurt the other isnt anything so if one gets hurt they might as well give up
we got sam gonna run over them cause they are smaller than our jv the only way they could beat us is with speed if they get lucky enough to outrun us but iono itll be a close game mabye or itll be a blowout on one side but i think monahans will pull away with the win

Ranger Mom
11-28-2005, 06:00 PM
sweetwaters team is all about pretty much skye green and their qb so if one of them gets hurt the other isnt anything so if one gets hurt they might as well give up
we got sam gonna run over them cause they are smaller than our jv the only way they could beat us is with speed if they get lucky enough to outrun us but iono itll be a close game mabye or itll be a blowout on one side but i think monahans will pull away with the win

Ever heard of a kid called "Banyard"? He's pretty "salty" himself!

Not making any predictions here, but it's not just about those 2 players!

STANG RED
11-28-2005, 06:06 PM
WOW, that was the longest sentence I have ever read! Hey kid, have you ever heard of puctuation? That was hard to read, and worse yet, it was completely uninformed. The two you mentioned are great ones, but they are only the tip of the iceburg.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 06:15 PM
WOW, that was the longest sentence I have ever read! Hey kid, have you ever heard of puctuation? That was hard to read, and worse yet, it was completely uninformed. The two you mentioned are great ones, but they are only the tip of the iceburg. ^Yea what he said.Go Mustangs!!!!

smustangs
11-28-2005, 06:20 PM
dont you love rookies who have no idea what there talking about. but come on here and run their mouths like this you gotta love it

slpybear the bullfan
11-28-2005, 06:38 PM

#33 from bridgeport was legit,...

ROFLMAO... Dang, and here I was fooling myself that all teams by week three deserve respect. :rolleyes:

smustangs
11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
i agree if ur this deep ur legit i dont care who u r or were ur from no team this deep is horrible

slpybear the bullfan
11-28-2005, 06:45 PM
I've mulled this over several times the last couple of days and have changed positions several times.
I have always been of the opinion, that a good offensive team will probably be succesful about 50% of the time when going for two. If your playing against a defense that you have been pushing around pretty succesfully, you would have to figure the odds should go up. This is probably what the BP coaches were thinking. I guess, in the end, you just have to hand it to the Monahans D, for not allowing a single 2 point conversion. I still cant believe BP didnt make a single extra point! There kinda like missed free throws in bball. They sure can come back to haunt you in the end!!!

You cannot imagine how much this game is still bothering the Bridgeport faithful, (as is evidenced by posting on this thread! ;) ) To score seven TDs to the opponents 6 TDs and lose is just devastating.

Some info... First PAT was a kick attempt... As Bullaholic mentioned, backup kid with great leg but timing was off and pooched it into a lineman's back.

Tried another PAT kick right after halftime and snap sails over the kids head.

Two other PATS... passes dropped by receivers in endzone.

On another PAT... Colin Jones is breaking on the ball and runs into Ref trying to get to pass.

Last PAT... After taking a TO, Coaches decide to hand the ball off to soph RB who is going in motion from weakside to strongside. Colin is already lined up on strong side. Defense is loaded up on that side, no fake to Colin, handoff is bobbled and the soph RB runs his tail off to get to about the 6" line... (can you tell this one is still bothering me!!!!!)

I am still smarting over the 3 and out prior to half time that led to the Punt Return for TD... 3 straight incomplete passes... please... clock managment... protect the lead....

...gasp... ....groan...

PLEASE.... SOMEONE GET ME OFF THE LEDGE!!!

smustangs
11-28-2005, 06:57 PM
i agree you have the lead and u have colin jones in the backfield just grind it out till half

jmcgee
11-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah that wasn't too bright on the coaches part.

sWaterislife
11-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I am still smarting over the 3 and out prior to half time that led to the Punt Return for TD... 3 straight incomplete passes... please... clock managment... protect the lead....

Yeah that was the biggest bone head decision the coaches made.. Just horrible.. that and the HB option toward the end of the game just made me want to ask.. What are they thinking...

i do think that after #3 and #4 missed 2pt conv... that something in the back of my mind would say kick the ball... Especially with the game on the line TWICE!!

The fact that he took the ball out of the kicker hands to get familar with kicking in a game... is the main reason why they lost this game... It's really tough for that style of offense to be successful in the redzone... always has been... why they didnt go goalline and use that kid and knock it in... He was running over guys all night... Beats me... But its' over not much you can do about it now... It's just gut wrenching thinking about what might have been if your apart of this town and school...

Snyder_TigerFan
11-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I gotta go with the Mustangs on this one. They have had an up and down year, and at times, I don't think they've played up to their potential, but they do find a way to win. When in doubt, give it to the seniors, they proved that against IP. I don't think Monahans will be able to stop the run that Sweetwater will be bringing, and the Sweetwater defense has impressed me. They will need to look out for Monahans passing game, as it surprised us.

Good luck Sweetwater.

Bubba-Joe
11-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I gotta go with the Mustangs on this one. They have had an up and down year, and at times, I don't think they've played up to their potential, but they do find a way to win. When in doubt, give it to the seniors, they proved that against IP. I don't think Monahans will be able to stop the run that Sweetwater will be bringing, and the Sweetwater defense has impressed me. They will need to look out for Monahans passing game, as it surprised us.

Good luck Sweetwater. Thank you Snyder Tiger Fan

see I have capitalized Snyder for maybe the first time ever

If you show respect you get respect....
even if you had not picked the Mustangs to win
you aint bashin them Red Hosses and that is worthy of Bubba's respect.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Thank you Snyder Tiger Fan

you aint bashin them Red Hosses and that is worthy of Bubba's respect. ^ I like this this guy.Go Mustangs!!!

stxboy05
11-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
i agree you have the lead and u have colin jones in the backfield just grind it out till half
Or they could have just let him run for those 2 pt conversions b/c the way the monohans d couldnt really hold him i'm sure he would have at least made on pat

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Good luck Sweetwater. Thats what they said about Glenn Rose last year. Swater Will be ready. The Question is Who is monahans goin to pick to stop. Is it green, Banyard, or is it Carrillo. This week they have more than one key they have to worry about. And after last week I dont think #15 Or #3 want to hang up the cleats yet.

sweetwater08
11-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Sweetwater turns Monahans into taco meat as Banyard and Co. grind the Loboes into the Grande turf. Sweetwater by 2 TD's. Move over Sweetwater fans, open up a little room for me to jump on the bandwagon so I can help to Spread the Red!

hop on and help spread the red

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Thank you Snyder Tiger Fan

you aint bashin them Red Hosses and that is worthy of Bubba's respect. If you pick against Sweetwater your bashing them or showing disrespect.? OK:rolleyes: Well Im gona have to show my disrespect for Sweetwater and pick Monahans by 7-10. If you would have asked me that 3 weeks ago then I would have said Sweetwater by 7 because of the way Snyder played vs Monahans. But now because of Sweetwaters last few very close games vs people they should have beat worse, Im going to say Monahans.

Bubba-Joe
11-29-2005, 09:26 AM
If you pick against Sweetwater your bashing them or showing disrespect.? OK:rolleyes: Well Im gona have to show my disrespect for Sweetwater and pick Monahans by 7-10. If you would have asked me that 3 weeks ago then I would have said Sweetwater by 7 because of the way Snyder played vs Monahans. But now because of Sweetwaters last few very close games vs people they should have beat worse, Im going to say Monahans.

and you think that your pick is a suprise ?
you think your disrespect is a suprise?

be sure and get a good seat in Grande
you do remember how to get there right it was the last place your black magic didn't work

hata_hurta06
11-29-2005, 09:29 AM
go monahans

injuredinmelee
11-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Here is my two cents worth concerning Sweetwater and Monahans...

Sweetwater had real problems matching up with Iowa Parks size. They used their speed at the end of the game to make a big comeback against a team that is as one dimensional as you can possibly be. Monahans is about Par with IPs size maybe not quite as big, but they have a big back that can pound and a faster back who shys away from contact some (watch him arch his back to cushion a blow instead of lowering his shoulder and going for the extra yard). Monahans can throw the ball when they have to , as evident against Snyder. I love the Mustangs and hope they can win this one and move on to the Semis. I will try and be thee screaming my lungs out but I think the Mustangs run might be over.

GO MUSTANGS!!!

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 09:40 AM
and you think that your pick is a suprise ?
you think your disrespect is a suprise?

be sure and get a good seat in Grande
you do remember how to get there right it was the last place your black magic didn't work Im not trying to suprise anyone. I picked Sweetwater in every match up till this playoff game. should have beat teh people worse. Yall may need a to do a better job playing D.;) I will bet you will have a better seat than I will Bub. at least untill Friday night is over:p I have a hot date friday night... Take your time on your way home friday night;) . dont need any accidents.

keenoace
11-29-2005, 10:19 AM
I really dont know who is gonna win this game. I could care less. But it's going to be a good one. It's going to be a packed Grande Stadium Friday.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm about to go crazy. All I can think about is the game on Friday. I cant wait. I wish it was Friday already.

its_n_ D_water
11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
I find it funny that how everyone is saying that Sweetwater is going to lose, because of their last two games against Iowa Park and Littlefield. Last time I checked Perryton and Bridgeport werent all that tough. I just know that if Monahans had trouble with 1 good running back, do yall really think that thier "GREAT DEFENSE" can stop 2 good running backs and a good QB. NUFF SAID....GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

zeus63
11-29-2005, 11:11 AM
No offense but both of your running backs put together are not even one of #33 from Bridgeport. That is why he is oign D1 and they are not.

Butkus
11-29-2005, 11:13 AM
Im not trying to suprise anyone. I picked Sweetwater in every match up till this playoff game. should have beat teh people worse. Yall may need a to do a better job playing D.;) I will bet you will have a better seat than I will Bub. at least untill Friday night is over:p I have a hot date friday night... Take your time on your way home friday night;) . dont need any accidents.
Ole Butkus thinks that them Mustangs are going to be fired up and ready gonna stop the run force the pass and when that happens then we all know that speed kills. Sorry Duke. Yeah sure wish I had Bubbas seat, best in the house. Good luck Big Red and have a great date there Magic man.

its_n_ D_water
11-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
No offense but both of your running backs put together are not even one of #33 from Bridgeport. That is why he is oign D1 and they are not.
ok they are both only juniors...there smart guy:hand:

mustang68
11-29-2005, 11:17 AM

Could the reason be they are both juniors?:doh:

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 11:18 AM
No offense but both of your running backs put together are not even one of #33 from Bridgeport. That is why he is oign D1 and they are not. The reason he is goin D1 and they are not is cause they are Jrs. And one is goin D1.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 11:19 AM
No offense but both of your running backs put together are not even one of #33 from Bridgeport. That is why he is oign D1 and they are not. Have you seen #3 for Sweetwater.

GWOOD
11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
I find it funny that how everyone is saying that Sweetwater is going to lose, because of their last two games against Iowa Park and Littlefield. Last time I checked Perryton and Bridgeport werent all that tough. I just know that if Monahans had trouble with 1 good running back, do yall really think that thier "GREAT DEFENSE" can stop 2 good running backs and a good QB. NUFF SAID....GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Actually, only 21 out of 57 are saying that Sweetwater is going to lose. The majority of people here are saying SW is going to win.

Surely, no one here is talking about Monahans' great defense because there has been only decent defense at best whenever Monahans plays a good team. Mostly, Monahans has a great offense. Big, strong offensive lineman, two good backs who do not come down easy, and an underated passing attack. Monahans' offense will wear the opponents' defense down.

But stop the Mustangs' offense? I don't think so. I think this game will be high scoring and the difference in the game will be turnovers, special teams, and/or........PAT's!!!

S-WtrMustangFan
11-29-2005, 11:33 AM
I find it funny that how everyone is saying that Sweetwater is going to lose, because of their last two games against Iowa Park and Littlefield. Last time I checked Perryton and Bridgeport werent all that tough. I just know that if Monahans had trouble with 1 good running back, do yall really think that thier "GREAT DEFENSE" can stop 2 good running backs and a good QB. NUFF SAID....GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) Yea !!! And these juniors are going to run all over them green "speed bump's" Go Mustang's

injuredinmelee
11-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Have you seen #3 for Sweetwater.

I think #3 is by FAR the better of the two. Once #22 gets around the corner he is gone but for an everydown back I prefer #3.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think #3 is by FAR the better of the two. Once #22 gets around the corner he is gone but for an everydown back I prefer #3. I have seen #22 Run up the middle and break a tackle or 2. But I agree with you #3 is the far better of the 2

injuredinmelee
11-29-2005, 11:41 AM
When Sweetwater had to come from behind against IP they started feeding the ball to 3. He got them back in the game.

WitchyWoman
GO BIG RED !!! ALL THE WAY BOY'S !!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

S-WtrMustangFan
I think #3 is by FAR the better of the two. Once #22 gets around the corner he is gone but for an everydown back I prefer #3. It's the combination of the two thats deadly.Go Mustangs!!!

injuredinmelee
11-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Ole Butkus thinks that them Mustangs are going to be fired up and ready gonna stop the run force the pass and when that happens then we all know that speed kills. Sorry Duke. Yeah sure wish I had Bubbas seat, best in the house. Good luck Big Red and have a great date there Magic man.

Anyone else think this is Bubba under another name???

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Anyone else think this is Bubba under another name??? Sounds like him.

STANG RED
11-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
You cannot imagine how much this game is still bothering the Bridgeport faithful, (as is evidenced by posting on this thread! ;) ) To score seven TDs to the opponents 6 TDs and lose is just devastating.

Some info... First PAT was a kick attempt... As Bullaholic mentioned, backup kid with great leg but timing was off and pooched it into a lineman's back.

Tried another PAT kick right after halftime and snap sails over the kids head.

Two other PATS... passes dropped by receivers in endzone.

On another PAT... Colin Jones is breaking on the ball and runs into Ref trying to get to pass.

Last PAT... After taking a TO, Coaches decide to hand the ball off to soph RB who is going in motion from weakside to strongside. Colin is already lined up on strong side. Defense is loaded up on that side, no fake to Colin, handoff is bobbled and the soph RB runs his tail off to get to about the 6" line... (can you tell this one is still bothering me!!!!!)

...gasp... ....groan...

PLEASE.... SOMEONE GET ME OFF THE LEDGE!!!
I feel your pain slpybear! I really do!
The Mustangs have lost a few down through the years, that we thought we should have won also.
They say, they are character builders. I dont know about that much. They usually just really piss me off good!
Anyway, we were very glad to host you guys at the Mustang Bowl. Hope the loss didnt leave a bad taste in mouth for our little town! Come try us out again sometime. Maybe your luck will be better next time.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Anyone else think this is Bubba under another name??? I don't know ? But i like his way of thinking.Go Mustang's!!!!!!!

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 11:48 AM
He sounds like Bubba but I dont think it is him.

Butkus
11-29-2005, 11:52 AM
He sounds like Bubba but I dont think it is him.
Heck no I'm not ole Bubba Joe, just kinda ran is some of the same circles. Ole Bubba still upset over a little ole coin flip not Old Butkus I'm past that and moving to the future, the future being Friday nite. I won't have that good seat Bubba has but I'll be there in Red. Heck I may have to buy me some of those checkered overalls.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 11:56 AM
I wish I had a Time Machine. So I could Go to Friday Right now.I think I might build one.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Ok my Time Machine Is commin along at good pace by 1pm today it should be finished.My time machine holds 4 people so if anyone want to go to the game with me just let me know.

injuredinmelee
11-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Heck no I'm not ole Bubba Joe, just kinda ran is some of the same circles. Ole Bubba still upset over a little ole coin flip not Old Butkus I'm past that and moving to the future, the future being Friday nite. I won't have that good seat Bubba has but I'll be there in Red. Heck I may have to buy me some of those checkered overalls.

For sure bubba.

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 12:28 PM
For sure bubba. I think It was the fact that he lost 7 dogs when his front porch colapsed. that kind of thing tends to set off a person when it comes to scizophrenia.

Butkus
11-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Heck melee man, I tellin ya I'm not Ole Bubba, heck Bubba is a roamer me I'm a stay at homer type. Ole Bubba been around the block a few times. Now as to some one maybe being some one else, how about Bubba and Magic man. It's for sure that Magic is Snyder born and bred as passionate as he is about the Tigers and if ya notice Ole Bubba sure seems to make reference to where things are in Snyder sooo if Ole Bubba is a Red man why does he know so much about that Snyder town. Things that make you go huh.

WitchyWoman
11-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Well since you referred to the fact that Jubba is still holding a grudge about an OLD COIN TOSS there is your clue????? hee hee :D

Butkus
11-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Well since you referred to the fact that Jubba is still holding a grudge about and OLD COIN TOSS there is your clue????? hee hee :D
Well heck there pretty lady Ole Butkus don't need no clues he provides them.

WitchyWoman
11-29-2005, 12:59 PM
I see, I'll be back later to catch up...:D

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 01:12 PM
No one wants to go with me to Friday?

zeus63
11-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
Could the reason be they are both juniors?:doh:

Juniors or Seniors doesn't matter. I know for a fact the only one being recruited for D1is Greene and it's not for football, it's for track. Niether one have the size to play D1.

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Heck melee man, I tellin ya I'm not Ole Bubba, heck Bubba is a roamer me I'm a stay at homer type. Ole Bubba been around the block a few times. Now as to some one maybe being some one else, how about Bubba and Magic man. It's for sure that Magic is Snyder born and bred as passionate as he is about the Tigers and if ya notice Ole Bubba sure seems to make reference to where things are in Snyder sooo if Ole Bubba is a Red man why does he know so much about that Snyder town. Things that make you go huh. Cuz OL BUBBA may;) have worked in Snyder not too long ago before going to Sweetwater.:D

sweetwater07
11-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Juniors or Seniors doesn't matter. I know for a fact the only one being recruited for D1is Greene and it's not for football, it's for track. Niether one have the size to play D1.

every post you make you make yourself look more ignorant!!...you don't know what your talking about so please stop.......#3 joseph banyard has the size and the talent and as for skye green #22 he could go D1 for football if he wanted to but he is probably going to choose track...........you'll see first hand how good they are on friday night....if things go like i think they will, this game will turn into a track meet for skye and banyard

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
[B.if things go like i think they will, this game will turn into a track meet for skye and banyard [/B] thought this would be a good one for later. say Friday night......

sweetwater07
11-29-2005, 01:23 PM
thought this would be a good one for later. say Friday night......

ok you keep that close to you....if we lose then i will proudly eat those words with a helping of crow...see you there blacky??

mustang04
11-29-2005, 01:23 PM

im pretty sure 6'0 and 185 lbs is big enuff to play D1, especially after the weight the can gain while workin out at college...appearantly uve never stood beside banyard

zeus63
11-29-2005, 01:24 PM
every post you make you make yourself look more ignorant!!...you don't know what your talking about so please stop.......#3 joseph banyard has the size and the talent and as for skye green #22 he could go D1 for football if he wanted to but he is probably going to choose track...........you'll see first hand how good they are on friday night....if things go like i think they will, this game will turn into a track meet for skye and banyard

Funny how an educated adult gets called ignorant by a high school KID, don't you think? Maybe you should go back to class.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 01:24 PM
im pretty sure 6'0 and 185 lbs is big enuff to play D1, especially after the weight the can gain while workin out at college...appearantly uve never stood beside banyard Yeah I have seen him He is bigger than they have him listed.

Butkus
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Now sweetwater07 quit looking out those red glasses and pay attention to what is real. That Skye can fly but he's a little small to move up to the big stage. Now that Banyard kid he's a load could make a great defensive player even more than on the offensive side. Take that advice 04 gave and think before you post and then you won't have to be backtrackin.

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM
ok you keep that close to you....if we lose then i will proudly eat those words with a helping of crow...see you there blacky?? nope wont be there. I will look for updates . Got a hot date:p . Keep Bubba occupied for a while at the game.

sweetwater07
11-29-2005, 01:27 PM
im pretty sure 6'0 and 185 lbs is big enuff to play D1, especially after the weight the can gain while workin out at college...appearantly uve never stood beside banyard

for sure...see him everyday and i sure wouldn't want to try to tackle him by myself...i'd end up being a little speed bump

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Wrong thread!

sweetwater07
11-29-2005, 01:28 PM
nope wont be there. I will look for updates . Got a hot date:p . Keep Bubba occupied for a while at the game.

dang i told my gf that our night out would have to wait until saturday night....you've got a great game on your hands blacky and your gonna miss that for a date......you need to get you priorites straight...:D :D :D

mustang04
11-29-2005, 01:30 PM
ok everybody heres the breakdown..well my breakdown at least which is THE breakdown haha jk:D ...

skye..really fast and really good, but right now isnt developed enough to be ready for D1 football..maybe he'll grow some more, who the hell knows hes just a kid the SAME as banyard...banyard has the size right now, AND he has the motivation, he's a good guy to hang around and i always give him hell about being slow, but i think after next year ppl will see him grow more, mentally and physically as a running back

skye's best bet would be D1 track, and Banyards is Football...or golf, ever see him play golf??? neither have i im just playin about that:D

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 01:31 PM
dang i told my gf that our night out would have to wait until saturday night....you've got a great game on your hands blacky and your gonna miss that for a date......you need to get you priorites straight...:D :D :D Its the only night Bubba is going to be out of town for the night. :( . takin advantage of the situation:thumbsup: :inlove: :thumbsup:

Butkus
11-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Now see little sweetwater07 this is what I'm talkin about thought about it then posted it won't have to take it back. Good job 04.

Butkus
11-29-2005, 01:34 PM
ok everybody heres the breakdown..well my breakdown at least which is THE breakdown haha jk:D ...

skye..really fast and really good, but right now isnt developed enough to be ready for D1 football..maybe he'll grow some more, who the hell knows hes just a kid the SAME as banyard...banyard has the size right now, AND he has the motivation, he's a good guy to hang around and i always give him hell about being slow, but i think after next year ppl will see him grow more, mentally and physically as a running back

skye's best bet would be D1 track, and Banyards is Football...or golf, ever see him play golf??? neither have i im just playin about that:D
And again I like the way this young man thinks.

TigerPride
11-29-2005, 01:34 PM
(black magic)Cuz OL BUBBA may have worked in Snyder not too long ago before going to Sweetwater.

If were thinkin about the same person, he was a coach for junior high

mustang04
11-29-2005, 01:36 PM
(black magic)Cuz OL BUBBA may have worked in Snyder not too long ago before going to Sweetwater.

If were thinkin about the same person, he was a coach for junior high

haha...yall crack me up....

jmcgee
McGee's Time machine leaves in 26 mins Destination Midland, Tx December 2, 2005 6:00 pm. Any commin along I have room for 3 more.

sweetwater07
haha...yall crack me up....

they trying to find out who bubba joe is??

sweetwater07
11-29-2005, 01:37 PM
McGee's Time machine leaves in 26 mins Destination Midland, Tx December 2, 2005 6:00 pm. Any commin along I have room for 3 more.

coulda swore the game was at 7:30 friday night...unless i got the wrong info??

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 01:38 PM
coulda swore the game was at 7:30 friday night...unless i got the wrong info?? I want to eat before the game. So I can make the m&g with RM.

STANG RED
11-29-2005, 01:39 PM
zeus63, these boys are only 16. They could each, very easily put on 20+ lbs by next year. That would put Banyard well over 200, and Greene at 175 or 180. And, they could each put on another 20 lbs or so before college ball, easy.
Is that big enough for ya?
It's called growing! It's one of those things that teenage boys tend to do.

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 01:39 PM

If were thinkin about the same person, he was a coach for junior high :clap: :clap:

mustang04
11-29-2005, 01:42 PM
they trying to find out who bubba joe is??

haha..yeah, and they be way off:clap: :clap:

TigerPride
11-29-2005, 01:57 PM
skye playin college ball, i don't think so even if he does put on the weight.I've seen him play 5 times this year,you get that boy frustrated and he's done.Now, banyard is a different story that kid wants the ball,he plays better football in the 4th than any other qt. Everytime he touches the ball look out,that boy can run and run hard. He should be ya'lls go to man the whole game, let austin davis block for him,instead of banyard blockin for skye.Yall could use him like wille amos option to the right and option to the left.With kendall at qb no problem.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Thats what gets other teams beat. They think they don't have to worry about #22 because he is easy to take down so they just worry about #3. Then next thing you know your chasing #22 to the end zone saying I could have stopped him if I could have touched him.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 02:09 PM
My time machine Is leaving 30 mins late so if you want to go you still have 21mins left.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Man I need a beer.

Curly
11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
by the numbers

Sweetwater 44 - Greenwood 21
Sweetwater 38 - Littlefield 20
Sweetwater 27 - Iowa Park 21

Avg points scored = 36.3
Avg points allowed = 20.6
-----------------------------------------
Monahans 28 - Snyder 21
Monahans 34 - Perryton 21
Monahans 43 - Bridgeport 42

Avg points scored = 35
Avg points allowed = 27.3
-----------------------------------------

Sweetwater is + 1.3 in points scored
Monahans has allowed 6.5 more points

don't know what it means but thought it was interesting
Guess Sweetwater has the edge in the number game.

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 02:44 PM
The Road to this point for sweetwater has been easyer. You can disagree all you want but Snyder, Perriton and Bridgport are tougher than what sweetwater faced thier first 3 rounds. Snyders D had an season average of 5.8 points per game prior to Monahans. Thats vs Wylie, And Sweetwater, Greenwood ect.... Monahans has had the tougher road to this point so your figures are not that relivant.

smustangs
11-29-2005, 02:44 PM
very interesting however we all know numbers dont mean ne thing on a friday night in west texas but good research
GO MUSTANGS

its_n_ D_water
11-29-2005, 02:50 PM
The Road to this point for sweetwater has been easyer. You can disagree all you want but Snyder, Perriton and Bridgport are tougher than what sweetwater faced thier first 3 rounds. Snyders D had an season average of 5.8 points per game prior to Monahans. Thats vs Wylie, And Sweetwater, Greenwood ect.... Monahans has had the tougher road to this point so your figures are not that relivant.
ok and we all know where synder is right now...:hand:

Black_Magic
11-29-2005, 03:25 PM
ok and we all know where synder is right now...:hand: Your right. Snyder is done THIS year. Monahans saw to that in a very close game. Can Sweetwater keep it close? Time will tell.

WitchyWoman
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Your right. Snyder is done THIS year. Monahans saw to that in a very close game. Can Sweetwater keep it close? Time will tell.

This year :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:
Next year :evilgrin: :evillaugh :evilgrin: :evillaugh

Butkus
11-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
This year :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:
Next year :evilgrin: :evillaugh :evilgrin: :evillaugh
Ya know pretty lady I believe you might be what they call a Snyder homer. LOL

WitchyWoman
11-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah darnit - GUILTY........:D

Bullaholic
11-29-2005, 03:55 PM
O.k......time to throw this out---Which team has won more games in head-to-head competition between Sweetwater and Monahans, including the 4A days?

WTF-82
11-29-2005, 04:24 PM
since '83 Sweetwater Monahans won in '89 and '93

WTF-82
11-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Sweetwater has won the rest they have been tough specially in the 80's and early 90's

WTF-82
11-29-2005, 04:33 PM
In 1985 Sweetwater state title year they won 14-10 over the Loboes. The Monahans loboes led 10-0 with 8 minutes to go and then the green saw the Mike Welch show, and I know everyone in Sweetwater knows who I am talking about, the stangs won the game they were tough.

Sweetwater Red
11-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by loboes86

Exactly !!! Ya'll couldn't handle one play maker (#33). How are
you gonna defend a roster full of them ?

WTF-82
11-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Man please you have no #33 big difference there offense is different, you can tell you never played.

Bullaholic
11-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Man please you have no #33 big difference there offense is different, you can tell you never played.

Don't want to turn this into a Colin Jones debate, ***, but I think the honest Sweetwater folks who saw him against Monahans will agree with you. (No disrespect intended to any Sweetwater players.)

mustang04
11-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Don't want to turn this into a Colin Jones debate, ***, but I think the honest Sweetwater folks who saw him against Monahans will agree with you. (No disrespect intended to any Sweetwater players.)

im an honest sweetwater folk...and i said #33 IS LEGIT and i can definitely see why he's going D1...BUT i think #3 for sweetwater is way better IMO, he's faster, just as strong, if not stronger (ask some of the Iowa Park defenders how hard it was to bring him down in the 4th quarter), and definitely just as agile, plus he has good field vision, finds the openings

Stangster
11-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Gotta Go with Sweetwater! I think the Mustangs will win big! Speed kills! and you gotta have some defense.

x24_Veronica
11-29-2005, 07:05 PM
I think the Mustangs can pull it off.:p Whether they just barely pull it off in the 4th quarter or by a touchdown.:hand: As long as we win? We Win.

State Bound Stangs:cool:

GetRDoneStangs
11-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by x24_Veronica
I think the Mustangs can pull it off.:p Whether they just barely pull it off in the 4th quarter or by a touchdown.:hand: As long as we win? We Win.

State Bound Stangs:cool:

Go Veronica! Way to post. haha :p

TigerPride
11-29-2005, 07:26 PM

IGNORANT nah this was ignorant remember!!!!!!!!!

Wylie is one of the most unsportsmanlike teams i might have ever seen......late hits like you wouldnt believe and talking crap and parading our field after the game ....which by the way is against our district rules........this game was a joke!!! I hope the Refs didn't get left behind by the Wylie bus!!!

of course you would be biased towards your team and i understand that but you have had to been BLIND to not see that your team was playing so unsportsmanlike!!!! it was a joke.........blanantly obvious facemasks to keep green from beaking free..........sounds like yall were either scared that he would break loose or your coach told yall to do that!!!

I can't believe Sweetwater folks still let you post.

STANG RED
11-29-2005, 07:47 PM
IGNORANT nah this was ignorant remember!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe Sweetwater folks still let you post.

I've seen some Snyder posts on here that are just as bad or worse.
Go clean your own house, before you worry about ours!

wtxmike
11-29-2005, 08:12 PM
im an honest sweetwater folk...and i said #33 IS LEGIT and i can definitely see why he's going D1...BUT i think #3 for sweetwater is way better IMO, he's faster, just as strong, if not stronger (ask some of the Iowa Park defenders how hard it was to bring him down in the 4th quarter), and definitely just as agile, plus he has good field vision, finds the openings

colin jones is the best back i've seen in years. brigdeport had the best offense we've seen this year. if #3 is stronger than jones, monahans is in trouble. we'll see!!

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by wtxmike
colin jones is the best back i've seen in years. brigdeport had the best offense we've seen this year. if #3 is stronger than jones, monahans is in trouble. we'll see!! He did not say stronger he said just as strong but FASTER than #33