PDA

View Full Version : Apology to Old Cardinal

CenTexSports
11-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Even though I think the other thread was a good subject and properly phrased, I did not intend for it to be an attack on you. I was really hoping that you would respond with some humility (sp) and discuss the positives of the Hutto team and D19.

Since you were logged on just after the thread was posted, I am pretty sure you saw it. So if you did, who is your pick for the Cameron/Hutto game and the LH/Cuero game?

Cardinalbb
11-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I read alot of your posts CenTex, and was somewhat taken back at the attack on OC. No he don't speak for all of SE TX, but he has an opinion just as you have, and the rest of the posters on this board. He is a little crash in his presentation, but the bottom line is that he is only, in his on way, supporting his team and his region. I agree with a cut every once in a while, but the 4 page post with all of 3ADL hammering on him falls short of class. We are all guilty, some a little more that others.

OC may not give you his opinion, but I will. While I wish Hutto the best, and will pull for them, I think Camron wins this one, and Cuero wins as well.

Positives for Hutto? They play hard. Quick D. Fast QB. Big front line.

CenTexSports
11-28-2005, 08:59 PM
ttt

Astrosdawg07
11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Cardinalbb
I read alot of your posts CenTex, and was somewhat taken back at the attack on OC. No he don't speak for all of SE TX, but he has an opinion just as you have, and the rest of the posters on this board. He is a little crash in his presentation, but the bottom line is that he is only, in his on way, supporting his team and his region. I agree with a cut every once in a while, but the 4 page post with all of 3ADL hammering on him falls short of class. We are all guilty, some a little more that others.

OC may not give you his opinion, but I will. While I wish Hutto the best, and will pull for them, I think Camron wins this one, and Cuero wins as well.

Could not agree more Cardinalbb :thumbsup:

Paratrooper
11-28-2005, 10:00 PM

True

CenTexSports
11-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Wow! I just went back and read what I posted on the other thread and it is the most mild unassuming shot at anyone I have seen on this board. To get so offended by a request like that sure seems to show some thin skin(espically for those offended that are not OC).

And as I said in the beginning of this thread, I was hoping for OC to show a little humility and give some cudos to Hutto. None of it was intended as a major slam.

footsball
11-28-2005, 10:20 PM

i wouldnt say it was a 4 page post against oc, 2 pages started when chaingang started hammering EVERYONE from barbers hill.
that's ok chaingang i still pull for the kids from wos!:clap:

Paratrooper
11-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by footsball
i wouldnt say it was a 4 page post against oc, 2 pages started when chaingang started hammering EVERYONE from barbers hill.
that's ok chaingang i still pull for the kids from wos!:clap:

WOS hates OC and they hate the Hill posters. If your not on the WOS bandwagon they will hate on you also.

Old Cardinal
11-29-2005, 12:36 PM
To CentralTexSports: I was not offended at all by your post...Of course Congrats to Hutto on the win--nice folks from that town. I just rode it out quietly on here to see if the Moderators would close down a 70+ entry personal attack thread with the garbage put on here by the WO-S so-called fans.
Yes I thought that BC would win because they broke even at one TD a piece in the second half when the very injured(painful shoulder injury) 2nd string QB tried to even rally the offensive troops. The 3rd string QB had done the best that he could and the defense had to stay on the field most all day because of no offense output under the circumstances.
Of course it is easier to dislike someone who post something that is not compatable with what you think.
I also support the WOS football team and Coaches in their efforts and hope them good fortune.
I will say that 3 WO-S fans have posted outright lies about me-- X-Man, Crimestick, and WOSGrad. I hope that does not interferred for you with your Christmas Spirit guys.
May each of you have a very Merry Christmas. And best of luck to all the teams remaining that they get no one permanently injured in the playoffs. Over and out!

JasperDog94
11-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Good post OC. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I read alot of your posts CenTex, and was somewhat taken back at the attack on OC.

Dang, his remarks were an ATTACK?

MY goodness, a region that is so tough seems to be represented by very sensative people on this message board... tough and sensative do not go together...

As Old Card said, he wasn't offended...

WOSgrad
11-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, as the "liars" as referred to by OC, just to get the body of work out.

But first to CenTexSports, my apologies for carrying this out on your thread, but the record needs to be set straight about mine and other's "lies" and really to tell you that this was unneccessary thread you started as the last person on this board that is entitled to an apology after what he wrote about District 19-3A is OC. Thus, I will readily admit that you are a better man than I.

And in this post, I will use the names of other posters. To you folks, this is not an attempt to throw anyone under the bus, but to point out the, um, inaccuracies of his post.

Now to the Pot a/k/a Old Cardinal. I took a look at the thread that lead to this one and would like to recap for the good folks:

1. CentexSports asks you to explain how a slow non-competitive district like D19 can get two teams to the state quarterfinals (a question which I notice you neglected to answer in your post here).

2. I repsonse by some saying that the post is uncalled for HighSchoolFan notes, quite accurately I might add, that OC has used "backhanded comments on just about every team BC has played"

3. CentexSports discusses the "rhetoric" which you brought up about 19-3a

4. Rabbit '93 adds that you are "very good at dishing but has a hard time taking."

5. Theyoefnshow adds that OC "bashed us and called our area weak."

6. Crimestick, the first WO-S "so called fan" to weigh in "condoned the treatment" and that you "asked for it."

7. X-Man did call you Old Fart. Bad X-Man.

8. Gobbla2001 then added that OC always "toots his SE-Texas horn" and "never admits when he is wrong."

9. Zooleander notes that it is "too bad he is lacking in the respect territory."

10. Gobbla2001 noted that CenTexSports would get 10 times the support on this issue that OC would get if this were put in a poll.

11. GS#17 another one of those so-called fans, quoted what you said about 19-3A.

12. CenTexSports affirmed that the quote put up by GS#17 was put up.

13. Theyoefnshow points out another post that OC made to affirm the treatment in the thread was proper.

14. Crimestick discusses you denying your identity. Which by the way I heard from another DownLow poster not associated with WO-S.

15. turbostud indicated that it seems like you get yourself in this mess every year in November.

16. Comeaux called you a pompous redneck.

17. LHPanther called the thread "just desserts."

18. Ah, yes, finally. My lone contribution to the thread. I just noted how it is hard to sit back and just ignore you when they are the target of you ire.

19. j-dog noted that you on this board have uttered more sly innuendos about more towns than he can even remember.

20. Even one poster that tried to defend you noted that the stuff you would say about Orange was too personal for his blood.

21. Tiger compared you with the great Jason, who was so great he got ROM'd.

22. HighSchool Fan agreed with j-dogs assessment about your innuendos.

23. even 3A fan, who tried to temper his comments about you being "cool" accurately noted that you utter your diatribes in all seriousness and then only go to the "I'm funnin'" card when you are confronted.

Shortly after that, the BH/WO-S was started again, which for one I am really tiring of given that possibility that the two teams will ever meet each other grows more and more remote, plus the fact that my attention is turned to a pretty damned good football team from Wimberley.

If you want to tell the world that the only portion of this board that don't care for you hail from or support WO-S and that makes you sleep better at night, go right on ahead. I'll sleep well either way.

But I think that the thread accurately showed, even admittedly if it wasn't CenTexSports intention to do so, disdain for your posts spread pretty much throughout the state.

And to your,um, claim that some of us were telling outright lies, I'll leave that to the good people of Downlow to decide.

Have a nice day

Astrosdawg07
11-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
To CentralTexSports: I was not offended at all by your post...Of course Congrats to Hutto on the win--nice folks from that town. I just rode it out quietly on here to see if the Moderators would close down a 70+ entry personal attack thread with the garbage put on here by the WO-S so-called fans.
Yes I thought that BC would win because they broke even at one TD a piece in the second half when the very injured(painful shoulder injury) 2nd string QB tried to even rally the offensive troops. The 3rd string QB had done the best that he could and the defense had to stay on the field most all day because of no offense output under the circumstances.
Of course it is easier to dislike someone who post something that is not compatable with what you think.
I also support the WOS football team and Coaches in their efforts and hope them good fortune.
I will say that 3 WO-S fans have posted outright lies about me-- X-Man, Crimestick, and WOSGrad. I hope that does not interferred for you with your Christmas Spirit guys.
May each of you have a very Merry Christmas. And best of luck to all the teams remaining that they get no one permanently injured in the playoffs. Over and out!

OC that was very respectable of you to come back on here. I got your back on here.

hookandladder
11-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
OC that was very respectable of you to come back on here. I got your back on here.

What does that say about the character of a person who needs someone to take care of his back. Just curious.

Astrosdawg07
11-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
What does that say about the character of a person who needs someone to take care of his back. Just curious.

I doesn't say a thing about their character, all it means is I'm not gonna let someone talk bad about him when he's not around. Get a grip... :rolleyes:

hookandladder
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I doesn't say a thing about their character, all it means is I'm not gonna let someone talk bad about him when he's not around. Get a grip... :rolleyes:

What makes you think he's not around, who to say he wasn't watching everything said about him.

3afan
11-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Well, as the "liars" as referred to by OC, just to get the body of work out.

But first to CenTexSports, my apologies for carrying this out on your thread, but the record needs to be set straight about mine and other's "lies" and really to tell you that this was unneccessary thread you started as the last person on this board that is entitled to an apology after what he wrote about District 19-3A is OC. Thus, I will readily admit that you are a better man than I.

And in this post, I will use the names of other posters. To you folks, this is not an attempt to throw anyone under the bus, but to point out the, um, inaccuracies of his post.

Now to the Pot a/k/a Old Cardinal. I took a look at the thread that lead to this one and would like to recap for the good folks:

1. CentexSports asks you to explain how a slow non-competitive district like D19 can get two teams to the state quarterfinals (a question which I notice you neglected to answer in your post here).

2. I repsonse by some saying that the post is uncalled for HighSchoolFan notes, quite accurately I might add, that OC has used "backhanded comments on just about every team BC has played"

3. CentexSports discusses the "rhetoric" which you brought up about 19-3a

4. Rabbit '93 adds that you are "very good at dishing but has a hard time taking."

5. Theyoefnshow adds that OC "bashed us and called our area weak."

6. Crimestick, the first WO-S "so called fan" to weigh in "condoned the treatment" and that you "asked for it."

7. X-Man did call you Old Fart. Bad X-Man.

8. Gobbla2001 then added that OC always "toots his SE-Texas horn" and "never admits when he is wrong."

9. Zooleander notes that it is "too bad he is lacking in the respect territory."

10. Gobbla2001 noted that CenTexSports would get 10 times the support on this issue that OC would get if this were put in a poll.

11. GS#17 another one of those so-called fans, quoted what you said about 19-3A.

12. CenTexSports affirmed that the quote put up by GS#17 was put up.

13. Theyoefnshow points out another post that OC made to affirm the treatment in the thread was proper.

14. Crimestick discusses you denying your identity. Which by the way I heard from another DownLow poster not associated with WO-S.

15. turbostud indicated that it seems like you get yourself in this mess every year in November.

16. Comeaux called you a pompous redneck.

17. LHPanther called the thread "just desserts."

18. Ah, yes, finally. My lone contribution to the thread. I just noted how it is hard to sit back and just ignore you when they are the target of you ire.

19. j-dog noted that you on this board have uttered more sly innuendos about more towns than he can even remember.

20. Even one poster that tried to defend you noted that the stuff you would say about Orange was too personal for his blood.

21. Tiger compared you with the great Jason, who was so great he got ROM'd.

22. HighSchool Fan agreed with j-dogs assessment about your innuendos.

23. even 3A fan, who tried to temper his comments about you being "cool" accurately noted that you utter your diatribes in all seriousness and then only go to the "I'm funnin'" card when you are confronted.

Shortly after that, the BH/WO-S was started again, which for one I am really tiring of given that possibility that the two teams will ever meet each other grows more and more remote, plus the fact that my attention is turned to a pretty damned good football team from Wimberley.

If you want to tell the world that the only portion of this board that don't care for you hail from or support WO-S and that makes you sleep better at night, go right on ahead. I'll sleep well either way.

But I think that the thread accurately showed, even admittedly if it wasn't CenTexSports intention to do so, disdain for your posts spread pretty much throughout the state.

And to your,um, claim that some of us were telling outright lies, I'll leave that to the good people of Downlow to decide.

Have a nice day

wow, thats alot of typin' !!!

Astrosdawg07
11-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
What makes you think he's not around, who to say he wasn't watching everything said about him.

Why do you wan't to stir the pot even more?

Cardinalbb
11-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Dang, his remarks were an ATTACK?

MY goodness, a region that is so tough seems to be represented by very sensative people on this message board... tough and sensative do not go together...

As Old Card said, he wasn't offended...

Yes Gobbla, It looked like one to me. Please don't encompass all of SETX people when one makes a comment on "How tough a region is" Jeez! I'm am not saying OC is right, but several cuts coming from one band wagon isn't right either. The proper thing would be to just ignore him. Two wrong don't make a right. I think that's how it goes. I remember something like that in Sunday School. I would like to see this thread disappear to be quite honest with you. A friendly cut is one thing, but what this is turning out to be is something quite different.
Good Luck to your Gobblers.....I think they will be going all the way.