PDA

View Full Version : Region IV in 2006

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-28-2005, 12:08 PM
I am just wanting to see what teams from across Region IV will have coming back next season after their graduation losses. Really want to get a halfway decent idea on who might be teams to look out for, darkhorse teams, etc.

Look for 32-3A to be pretty darned tough. Port Isabel only losing 3 starters, with entire OL, FB (Ralph Valdez), and WRs coming back on offense. Only losses are QB,RB, and TE (Grenier, Villarreal and Delgadillo). On defense, entire DL is back. Losing a corner, a safety, and one linebacker. PI is also looking VERY good for years to come. Both the 8th grade and Freshman teams went undefeated. I think J.V. went 9-1, not sure on that, will verify. I'll also check on how 7th grade did. Some J.V. and Freshman players got to gain some VALUABLE playoff experience when they were put in to play in the 2nd half of the game vs. West Oso. The overall experience these young ones had this season will start paying off as soon as next season.

Rio Hondo is only losing 8 Seniors, and returning nearly all skill position players back. The Bobcats should also be very tough next season.

Not sure about Hidalgo, but they've always had the athletes, they just needing some good coaching, which they finally got. Expect them to be tough.

Good darkhorses will be La Feria and Lyford.

Please give feedback on other Region IV 3A districts (Well, at least the ones we know FOR SURE that'll be in Region IV come next realignment)

sinton66
11-28-2005, 12:13 PM
In 30-3A, Ingleside will be very strong. They went 3 rounds deep this year and were loaded with underclassmen. Sinton and Ingleside should be in a battle for the district championship in 06.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
To the top!

Come on, guys. I know you Region IV peeps are better than this.

Highschoolfan78
11-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Cuero will be back strong...They will still have Noack QB, RB Olgin, trey grey WR, and many other weapons

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
In 30-3A, Ingleside will be very strong. They went 3 rounds deep this year and were loaded with underclassmen. Sinton and Ingleside should be in a battle for the district championship in 06.

What does Sinton have coming back? I know Ingleside has that young QB coming back, but that's about all I know about them.

big daddy russ
11-28-2005, 04:04 PM
We pretty much return the house, TFINT. We only had six seniors on the team, I think four of them started. The one guy I know we're really going to miss will be OL Michael Mosmeyer. Huge kid, something like 6'3" 265. Got to see him play on Friday... he's hoss.

We return pretty much all our skill kids. About 1/2 of the varsity squad was sophomores. The rest were juniors, and our JV was still awesome. Hopefully, we can fill in along the trenches... if we can we'll be pretty good.

AP Panther Fan
11-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The one guy I know we're really going to miss will be OL Michael Mosmeyer.

I think Harold Foster is a senior this year also. He had a good season, if my memory is correct. :thinking:

big daddy russ
11-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh, and Cuero will be loaded again next year. Cooper wasn't their best back against Ingleside, junior Fabian Olguin was... and I have a buddy in class from Gonzales who said that their best RB is a sophomore who isn't even in the backfield. They actually have him on defense right now, but you couple that with the fact that they return almost the entire backfield and they'll be loaded behind the lines next year. Also they return a lot of their key players and the JV and Freshman teams went a combined 19-1 (I think??? may have been 20-0) and they'll be at the top of R4 again next year.

big daddy russ
11-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I think Harold Foster is a senior this year also. He had a good season, if my memory is correct. :thinking:
Yes he is. I forgot all about him.

44INAROW
11-28-2005, 04:17 PM
they return a lot of their key players and the JV and Freshman teams went a combined 19-1 (I think??? may have been 20-0) and they'll be at the top of R4 again next year.

Since you kinda asked.. the Fresh and JV were both undefeated this year but they were 9-0 since we didn't have that Sinton game due to Hurricane Rita - 2 really good RB's from the JV coming up also

WORM
11-28-2005, 04:24 PM
wimberley will lose some key players! (burnette OTsigned with texas, biddle LB, marbergerWR,bennettWR,and weldon QB)they do have alot of juniors, but it will be very dificult to have the squad they have this year! might have to go recruiting this off season. hehe

District303aPastPlayer
11-28-2005, 04:51 PM
a buddy of mine, (the cuero QB) also told me the same thing about a RB that isnt even playing this year. From what i was told, he is faster than Olguin is, and Fabian has speed to spare.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-28-2005, 05:24 PM
We pretty much return the house, TFINT. We only had six seniors on the team, I think four of them started. The one guy I know we're really going to miss will be OL Michael Mosmeyer. Huge kid, something like 6'3" 265. Got to see him play on Friday... he's hoss.

We return pretty much all our skill kids. About 1/2 of the varsity squad was sophomores. The rest were juniors, and our JV was still awesome. Hopefully, we can fill in along the trenches... if we can we'll be pretty good.

Sounds like Ingleside is going to be pretty darned good, then. If they can find some good kids to fill in the OL spots, then you're set. I know you guys would love another crack at Port Isabel. That is if Rio Hondo doesn't get another crack at Ingleside. I know those Rio Hondo boys are pissed. :D

gobbler grad
11-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Since you kinda asked.. the Fresh and JV were both undefeated this year but they were 9-0 since we didn't have that Sinton game due to Hurricane Rita - 2 really good RB's from the JV coming up also

should have another great year...:thumbsup: :clap:i'm already looking forward to it...

gobblerfan02
11-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
should have another great year...:thumbsup: :clap:i'm already looking forward to it... me too, me too, but I'm still waitin on this season to see how our gobblers end up doing, lookin' great so far, only 3 more games till that title(if it should so happen!).

Good luck Gobblers, BTHO those Panthers from LH!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-28-2005, 09:22 PM
So far, the teams that sound like are going to be VERY good next season are Cuero, Ingleside, and Port Isabel.

Any other feedback from other districts? I'd like to hear about what Devine and Hondo from District 29 have coming back.

bjrod9
11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
i believe hondo will have lose 11 seniors, they will return 13 juniors and 6 sophmores from this years team. They will be loaded with talent, they will just need to replace a mostly senior offensive line.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bjrod9
i believe hondo will have lose 11 seniors, they will return 13 juniors and 6 sophmores from this years team. They will be loaded with talent, they will just need to replace a mostly senior offensive line.

So Hondo should still be good, they just need to find an Offensive Line?

Know anything about Devine?

bjrod9
11-28-2005, 10:01 PM
i dont know much about devine, but i believe they were loaded with seniors, not sure

Hondo has all key components returning though, yes they will be good.

maroogreen
11-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh, and Cuero will be loaded again next year. Cooper wasn't their best back against Ingleside, junior Fabian Olguin was... and I have a buddy in class from Gonzales who said that their best RB is a sophomore who isn't even in the backfield. They actually have him on defense right now, but you couple that with the fact that they return almost the entire backfield and they'll be loaded behind the lines next year. Also they return a lot of their key players and the JV and Freshman teams went a combined 19-1 (I think??? may have been 20-0) and they'll be at the top of R4 again next year.

That sophomore is Stefon Hargrove, currently the second-fastest kid in the state (behind the fastest in the state--Brandon James--also a Gobbler). Not only is he fast--the child is HUGE! He is a cousin of Latrael Cooper's, but is already larger than Latrael is and, as stated above, is just a sophomore. All three h.s. teams were undefeated this year. We return a lot of starters, but will have some gaps to fill on the line. RB Fabian Olguin is like a Weeble-Wobble. The kid must have some amazing balance, because as small as he is, I've seen him break tackle after tackle while dragging two or three defenders with him as he runs.

As for Latrael, one of the best kids I've ever known, he is having a rebuilding year after almost having his leg amputated in April, so the fact that he is walking, much less scoring touchdowns, is amazing. Even more amazing is the fact that, even though I have seen him every school day since the injury last year, he never once has complained about his injury or held a pity party for himself. And the way he stiff-arms in a game is truly a sight to see. Sorry. I know this is about next year's team, but I had to give props to Latrael.

44INAROW
11-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
Sorry. I know this is about next year's team, .
Maroongreen.. you're going to have sooo much fun when your boys are playing football...... the insight and knowledge you bring will be magnified with them playing........ by the way.. how was the soccer tourney?

maroogreen
11-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I can't wait for the boys to play...My dad and brother are/were both football coaches. when I was little, I used to wish I was a boy so I could play, too. Now that I am older and wiser (not to mention a big sissy), I look forward to the day my boys can play.

As for the soccer tournament, it was wet and muddy. But we were undefeated, so that was cool. I'm looking forward to the game Friday. We have lots of family coming to watch the game--not that they have direct Cuero ties--they just like to watch good football. I'm getting antsy about the game, but the guys are handling it just fine.

crabman
11-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Any of ya'll notice in the last two Cuero games, when the subs went in, we were playing a freshman at linebacker and a freshman at defensive tackle? Jake Rangnow and Desmond Patton. Patton is huge at about 6'-2" 240-250 lbs. He looks like Michael Strahan. A diamond in the rough. Kaeron Johnson coming back. A true DI prospect at line. 6'-2" or 6'-3" and about 275. Fast as lightning and very smart. (gobbler84 for all of you posters). Noack is back at QB. He will have over 3,000 yards this year. Tre Gray is back at wide receiver. Should have well over a 1,000 in receiving. Olguin will be back at running back. He will have 3,000 career yards going into his senior year. Justin Freeman will be back on the line. 6'-3" 275 lbs. Dasin Jackson back at linebacker. Very, very fast.

If I sound a little excited, I am. Look at what we are doing this year with one returning starter on offense and three on defense.

I think we are returning 6 on offense and 5 or 6 on defense. That's a luxury we haven't had in a few years.

gobblerfan02
11-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Ya, the subs are even holding there own on the other team! I'd just wish they would let that lefty throw a bit more on O if he had the opportunity. I know they just wanta run out the clock, but it couldn't hurt!

big daddy russ
11-29-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
So far, the teams that sound like are going to be VERY good next season are Cuero, Ingleside, and Port Isabel.

Any other feedback from other districts? I'd like to hear about what Devine and Hondo from District 29 have coming back.
We'll be pretty good and we return a lot, but I still think the target is on Sinton's back.

neck_06
11-29-2005, 08:46 AM
West Columbia is looking to make another run into the playoffs in 2006. on offense they return the star running back, the whole offensive line, and some good recievers. they do need to find a quarterback, but i believe that they have a good one in their back pocket.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Just moving this to the top.

Any word from the Bandera folks? Come on now....

District303aPastPlayer
11-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Sintons looking nice for next year... no details... but its nice. . .