PDA

View Full Version : More Cowbow Pearls of Wisdom

BH_146
09-09-2002, 06:23 AM
After boldly predicting an easy Cowboy victory and then sitting in Reliant Stadium with my Cowboy gear, I am ready to now give some more Cowboy pearls of wisdom after watching them first hand. 1) Cowboys need to look no further for their quarterback 2) Dallas is the most disciplined team in the NFL 3) Now is the time for Jerry to ask for a new stadium after seeing Reliant or he will take his team elsewhere.

Pudlugger
09-09-2002, 06:56 AM
Wow, I gotta say that I agree about #3, Reliant stadium makes most other venues look like 2A stadiums. Star Bars with big screen HDTV and views of the field, player facilities including lap pools, huge weight rooms, spa etc. McNair understands how to take care of professional athletes. i.e. spend alot of money! LOL Texas Stadium is obsolete.

sinton66
09-09-2002, 07:51 AM
I hate to say it, but the lack of disicipline is 100% the fault of Jerry Jones, and I'm afraid it is an omen for the future if he doesn't let football people run the team.

eye of the tiger
09-09-2002, 09:32 AM
It is a sad day in the metroplex for sure. Last night was horrible. If I hadnt know I would have thought the Cowboys were the expansion team.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-09-2002, 09:49 AM
I'll say!!! I was listening to some sports radio talk shows, and some were saying that this loss was as embarassing, if not, MORE embarassing than when the Dallas Mavericks won only 15 games in one season back in the early 90s. Now THAT'S pretty damn bad!

I watched the game, and I think the Cowpokes are going to be absolutely pathetic this season. I know it's only one game, but when you're playing an expansion team, and YOU'RE the one that looks like an expansion team, it's going to be a Looooooooooooooooong season. Good job, Jerry.....Houston loves ya now.

Bulldog92
09-09-2002, 11:23 AM
I'm very concerned and damn near speechless. I want to see QC succeed, but the guy's not ready and might not ever be. The defense played well, except for penalties, and special teams (Jason Bell was a hoss for HOUSTON) was anything but special. We lost every phase of the game. I'm disappointed that there was no fire in the 'Boys, too. You could see it very quickly. That has to change or Campo's gonna be coaching somewhere else really soon...

SintonFan
09-09-2002, 12:28 PM
Don't forget Dom Capers has a history of beating Dallas teams. His teams always embarrass the crap out of the cowboys.

Titans
09-09-2002, 12:33 PM
I think it's a good thing to have Campo coach elsewhere. As a matter of fact, perhaps he can take Jerry with him.

I made a call into a radio show last week stating that the Cowboys should demote Quincy to 2nd string, get rid of Hutchinson and keep Anthony Wright as 3rd, all the while going out and finding a #1 QB. Apparently the Washington Redskins can do it, why not Jerry and the Cowboys?

I'm glad the cowboys moved out of Austin, now I can focus on the Texans.

Bulldog92
09-09-2002, 12:49 PM
Where are you gonna find a legit #1 QB right now? There isn't one out there. I think that eventually Hutch will take over...most likely at about midseason.

sinton66
09-09-2002, 12:56 PM
I'm afraid I see Jerry Jones slowly turning into another Bud Adams. I think Jerry is a smart businessman, but he has let his stupid ego get in the way of what is best for the team, for the city of Dallas, and the State of Texas. First he gets rid of JJ, then who does he slap Texas in the face with? Barry Switzer the hated okie. If I'd have been in Dallas at the time, I would have been screaming "GET A ROPE!!!!". Now he gives it to Campo who was and is still a good defensive coach, but wouldn't know the first thing about a competitive offense. The morale and disicipline in Dallas left with JJ. The drugs, rapes, and various and assorted other escapades have all taken their toll. Sooner or later, the fan base will desert them, and Jerry will threaten to move the team. The irony is that the whole dang thing will be his own fault.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 09, 2002).]

Bulldog92
09-09-2002, 01:14 PM
Moving the team from Dallas would be a travesty. Don't even say that...

sinton66
09-09-2002, 01:26 PM
Think about this one, can you say "Los Angeles Cowboys"? Don't put it past his enormous ego. That's really all I'm saying.

Bulldog92
09-09-2002, 02:09 PM
I guess I could see Jerry having the stones to do something like that. LA is such a huge market, but I think they'll get the Colts or the Vikings (or maybe both). Those two teams are at the end of their leases and are having trouble either renewing them or getting support for new buildings. It all seems to come down to whether or not the fine folks in Los Angeles will put up money for a new stadium themselves...

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2002, 02:39 PM
Cowboys major need to be respectalble is to get rid of dave campo and get a different QB. Carter and Hutchinson shouldnt even be in the nfl. I been waiting for jerry to get rid of campo and going after a more experince coach, u know what he may even do ok as a coach because if u dont perform ur out of there.(just kidding)Campo shouldve have the guts to take out quincy and try somebody diff. that was so painful to see him still in there and just hoping he could throw the ball straight. Defense play great but the offense kept putting them in difficult situation. the running game did ok considering the line was stack. And they need a more experience kicker than what they have. The cowboys do sound like the expansion team. This lost feels worst than the everman loss.

Chris Hart
09-09-2002, 04:04 PM
I have been watching the NFL for alot of years now, and I can honestly say that I have never seen a worse QB than Quincy Carter, and that includes all the 2nd and 3rd stringers I've watched over the years.Even Ryan Leaf was better, and he was the next worse.Give the job to Hutchison immediately, at least he has a small upside.

Bulldog92
09-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Anyone got Babe Laufenburg's number?

sinton66
09-09-2002, 05:23 PM
I'm just GLAD he talked Troy into retiring. I couldn't bear to see him taking those concussions again. I really feel sorry for him and Emmitt.
I also think the Vikings would go to San Antonio if anywhere. Don't know about the Colts.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 09, 2002).]

EAGLEBLUE
09-10-2002, 12:14 AM
I agree CAMPO is not the guy but, JERRY pulls his strings. Third quarter comment from JONES, yes "we" decided to run the ball more. I have never been a cowboy fan but, it truly is a disgrace what he has done to that proud and storied franchise. The sad thing is if he isn't willing to give control to the coach, he will never get a guy with the credentials to take the team!!! But on the other hand the TEXANS seem to be in good hands. All I can say is good luck c-boy fans!!!

HSFOOTBALLROCKS
09-10-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog92:
Anyone got Babe Laufenburg's number?

They won't have to look far, I believe he is the color commentator on the Silver Star Network that worked the Pre-season games.
I know it was in jest, however, he would be a hell of alot better than QC.

[This message has been edited by HSFOOTBALLROCKS (edited September 10, 2002).]