PDA

View Full Version : is VY hurt by his performance against A&M?

AggieJohn
11-28-2005, 10:26 AM
heard some guys say that his heisman chances are dwindling after that performance last week...

Bearkat
11-28-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm sure it hurt him. Voters are just waiting for an excuse to give it to Bush. Oh well, the game didn't hurt his national championship chances. Come on Texas, just keep winning!!

STANG RED
11-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I'm sure it hurt him. Voters are just waiting for an excuse to give it to Bush. Oh well, the game didn't hurt his national championship chances. Come on Texas, just keep winning!!
I agree Bearkat! In fact, I think he can kiss the heisman good bye. It's a shame though. Oh well, maybe he will just use it as motivation.

handNthedirt
11-28-2005, 11:32 AM
I think so. It wasn't VY that beat the Ags, it was Ramonce Taylor, and the Ags penalties. VY struggled against a defense ranked 109th in the country with 162 yards passing, 19 rushing and two turnovers that led directly to Aggies' touchdowns. VY needed a 2004 Rose Bowl performance to match R.Bush's Fresno State numbers.

Macarthur
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
The game certainly didn't help VY's chances, but I don't think anyone was going to beat Bush this year anyway.

I believe he is the best player in college. He deserves the award.

BullFrog Dad
11-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think he can kiss the heisman good bye. He might want to given the success of Heisman QBs in the NFL over the last twenty years with Carson Palmer being an exception.

WOS92
11-28-2005, 11:49 AM
If you're a QB who wants to win the Heisman, you can't go up against a struggling team and look like the second-best QB in the game.

cowboyfan8
11-28-2005, 11:50 AM
If USC wins out, bush is going to win it anyway. VY had a bad day and won by 11. I'll take that bad day any day against a rival especially.

garageoffice
11-28-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree with the overriding sentiment here...I think the Heisman goes to Bush this year. The real shame is that the VY haters are going to have a field day. Sure, he didn't throw the ball as well as he should, but the real story of the game was 1) his O-line played horrible, 2) the UT defense got burned by a kid they thought would be second-rate, but wound up playing a great game (I think it's harder to prepare for a good backup than for a great starter), and 3) anyone that knows the Big 12 knows that the Aggies have a LOT of talent this year, they just couldn't put it together this year with the injuries and poor play from certain players.

It was a perfect setup for a disaster from UTs perspective, a no-win situation. If you win big, it's because "that sorry Aggie team was even sorrier without McNeal". If you don't win big, then you're just overrated. I think it speaks volumes about the real quality of the team that they played easily the overall worst game of the year and still won.

Folks that didn't see the game will look at the numbers and say that VY played really bad. He didn't rush the ball hardly at all (of course a sack counts for negative rushing yardage) and one of the interceptions was clearly pass interference and should have been called, but obviously wasn't.

hoosierdaddy
11-28-2005, 01:48 PM
I don't think it could be said much better than that! All I prayed for was the Ag's to play a good game. End of story, prayer answered.

KTJ
11-28-2005, 06:03 PM
First off, Vince doesn't care about the Heisman. He wants the big kahuna, which is the NC trophy. He's said this before and he'll say it again. The only thing that matters is the team trophy at the end. And that goal is still in reach and can happen.

Second, the Heisman was lost last week when USC played Fresno State. After that game, the voters had already made up their minds. Unless Vince had some breakout game with another 500+ performance, he wasn't going to win anyway. And besides, it's going to be funny with Bush wins the Heisman and VY goes postal on him and USC in the Rose Bowl. Then the voters can see for themselves if they made the right decision.

Jody
11-28-2005, 06:06 PM
He never had a chance. Way too many Bush lovers. Not to mention he is NOT from A&M so there are 2 strikes. :D

Hupernikomen
11-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
First off, Vince doesn't care about the Heisman. He wants the big kahuna, which is the NC trophy. He's said this before and he'll say it again. The only thing that matters is the team trophy at the end. And that goal is still in reach and can happen.

Second, the Heisman was lost last week when USC played Fresno State. After that game, the voters had already made up their minds. Unless Vince had some breakout game with another 500+ performance, he wasn't going to win anyway. And besides, it's going to be funny with Bush wins the Heisman and VY goes postal on him and USC in the Rose Bowl. Then the voters can see for themselves if they made the right decision.

You have a hard sell if you want us to believe he didn't want to win the Heisman. What college player would not care about winning the Heisman if he had a legit chance? This is the same person who struck a Heisman pose not very long ago after one of his terrific plays. Of course he would like to win it, but I think he will come in a distant 2nd and maybe even 3rd to Leinhart.

smustangs
11-28-2005, 06:21 PM
i think vy's game last week won the heisman for bush

KTJ
11-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
You have a hard sell if you want us to believe he didn't want to win the Heisman. What college player would not care about winning the Heisman if he had a legit chance? This is the same person who struck a Heisman pose not very long ago after one of his terrific plays. Of course he would like to win it, but I think he will come in a distant 2nd and maybe even 3rd to Leinhart.

It came straight from the horses mouth. I wouldn't report it if I honestly didn't believe it. Sure, it sounds like something that really isn't believable when you hear/read it, but just knowing what Vince has done to this team, program, and Mack, I fully believe him when he says that.

If you don't, that's fine. To each his own.

:)

Gobbla2001
11-28-2005, 06:26 PM
I am a UT fan, not hardcore, but they're my college of choice in all of college football and I'll watch every game I can... But I won't buy the 'Everyone wants Bush to win it' style arguements...

It seemed to be this year as if the national media was pulling for Vince Young... I expected to see them pulling for Bush myself, but I was surprised to see the national support for Vince Young (sorry, can't point fingers at the media for this)...

Reggie Bush is just an awesome athlete, no question... he makes electric runs etc... just outstanding...

HOWEVER, minus the 'push' during the Notre Dame game, he has not been a key player in any of USC's wins this year (okay, Fresno State too), they have other studs out in LALA-Land doing most of the work, Bush gets his votes off of style IMHO... well deserving of the title, though, since it is not an MVP award... MVP would have to go to the Notre Dame QB, then maybe Vince...

Old Tiger
11-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Who cares as long as he bounces back in a huge way and hopefully win a NC w/ TEXAS!!! ;)

AggieJohn
11-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

yeah, that's why he did the heisman post like 3 times this season during games....don't be an idiot

sinfan75
11-28-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm sure he'd like to win the Heisman, But if he had a choice between that and a national championship, I think he'd want to be part of a championship team.

Old Tiger
11-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I'm sure he'd like to win the Heisman, But if he had a choice between that and a national championship, I think he'd want to be part of a championship team. http://www.metronews.ca/uploadedImages/emeril_article.jpg BAM!!!