PDA

View Full Version : Gainseville/Liberty Eylau

RMAC
11-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Who wins this one to go fight for the ring?

RMAC
11-27-2005, 09:56 PM
I took Gainesville in a close one because I really don't know what Liberty has. But I just don't see anybody stopping Gainesville this year. BTW, hell of a game to the Leps last night.

MonkeyJoe7
11-27-2005, 10:36 PM
call me a homer, but i gotta good feeling about this one..
Gainesville in a blowout...
dont ask me why or how, but thats what im thinkin.
i said gainesville in a close one last week and it happened ,
so i think, or i hope, my instincts are still good this week.

Leopards,class of 75
11-27-2005, 11:13 PM
I will take Gainesville in this one too. I could be wrong, but I don't think they will be as tough as Wylie. Gainesville by 14.

maroogreen
11-27-2005, 11:22 PM
This is just a historical post, but I saw LE when they won the state championship in '99. I don't think their receivers even ran routes. They were so fast, the QB just chunked the ball in the air and the receivers were so ungodly fast that they found their way to the ball. It was something to see.

On a side note: I also remember their band playing "I Wanna Be a Balla." It was insane!

Leopards,class of 75
11-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
This is just a historical post, but I saw LE when they won the state championship in '99. I don't think their receivers even ran routes. They were so fast, the QB just chunked the ball in the air and the receivers were so ungodly fast that they found their way to the ball. It was something to see.

On a side note: I also remember their band playing "I Wanna Be a Balla." It was insane! They were very fast when the Leopards played them in 2003 too!!!

MonkeyJoe7
11-27-2005, 11:39 PM
should be a good game
i remember how fast they were in 2003 , had me scared !

East Texas teams seem to have a speed edge usually, West texas teams ususally have the size advantage, south texas teams usually have lots of talent, and DFW area teams can just play!

Or is that just me?

RMAC
11-28-2005, 01:20 AM
Well last year everybody said that Royse City was going to run all of Wylie's defense. Look how that one turned out. 28-0. This late in the season, it's all about who wants it more.

LE FAN
11-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Well since no one likes LE that might not be because a lot you dont know a lot about us. First off, we are in District #14, which is one of the hardest in the state year end and year to get out of. Not trying to start anything i know Dis 4, 27 are tough also. So it highly unlikely you will get out district without at least one loss. Much like Distric 4,..LOL. As you all have stated we have a ton of speed on both sides of the ball but size is something we dont have. They fly to ball just like Gainesville does. A couple of weeks ago we lost our 1st string and 2nd string TB. We played are 2nd playoff game with our 3 string TB who also plays on the defense. This was against a good Carthage team. We won that game 12-0 but had no running game. Last week we got our #1 TB back and he responded with almost 200 yards against a very good Kennedale team. Word is we might have the other running back this week. We are a mix it up team, run first, but as someone said earlier we can pass to those speedy receivers that just run under it. We have a very good kicking game. In fact I would not be surprised to see our punter on the state list when it comes out, he is also the Qb and only a Jr.He made honorable mention as punter last year as a soph. You will see his punts next Sat you will be surprised. We are very young very few sr's playing. Thats just a little backgorund on LE. They just line up and give 100%. Everyone in Texarkana knows what they up against with this Gianesville team. What can i say, they are a great team, well coached and make very few mistakes.. But rest assured LE will give that 100% just have to wait and see

lostaussie
11-28-2005, 11:43 AM
i'm pulling for l/e. just think they will be a little overmatched this week.

LE FAN
11-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I know on paper we are way "overmatched". I would be crazy to think other wise. I am saying that if LE plays a great game and maybe get a break or two who knows? Thanks for the support from Gilmer

etbu
11-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by LE FAN
I know on paper we are way "overmatched". I would be crazy to think other wise. I am saying that if LE plays a great game and maybe get a break or two who knows? Thanks for the support from Gilmer
Bro I know what kind of talent you guys have as I use to watch you in the Mt.Pleasant district years back. Wanta know what kind of team they have just think of Texas High, Marshall and other typical ET teams and you have some idea. Good luck LE hope to see you and Wos in the finals. :D

garageoffice
11-28-2005, 12:45 PM
I think Gainesville is gonna be very hard for LE to stop, but LE's special teams sure made a big difference agains Kennedale. Their kicker kicked the ball very high, deep and in the corner EVERY TIME! They had the Wildcats pinned inside their own 15 or 20 on almost every possession. It's really hard to get much offense going when you're starting that deep every time, especially when you have the ultra-conservative offense the Kennedale has.

It should be a good game. I just don't see anybody really being able to stop Gainesville, though. Even Wylie didn't do a very good job of stopping them, just tried to keep up with them on the scoreboard.

LE FAN
11-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Bro I know what kind of talent you guys have as I use to watch you in the Mt.Pleasant district years back. Wanta know what kind of team they have just think of Texas High, Marshall and other typical ET teams and you have some idea. Good luck LE hope to see you and Wos in the finals. :D I agree its going to be very hard to stop G'ville. In fact i will be the first to say we will not. Heck no one else has. I am just hoping we can slow that machine down.. Like you said and i mentioned earlier we have a very good special teams especially in the kicking game. Middlebrooks can put you in a hole with those punts. Believe it or not the way he kicked Kennedale is the way he has done it all year long. If this kid doesn't get some kind of recognition as a punter something is wrong. Hope its a good game..

44INAROW
11-28-2005, 02:16 PM
I think Gainsville takes this one in a close game.. :)

KTJ
11-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Do we have a date, location, and time for this game yet?

Leopard Fight Never Dies!

LE FAN
11-28-2005, 06:24 PM
8 PM Sat Tx Stadium

Old Tiger
11-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Gainesville

mudcat
11-28-2005, 07:10 PM
how do you get tickets for this game and will you have to buy seperate tickets for the other two games on saturday

HighSchool Fan
11-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by mudcat
how do you get tickets for this game and will you have to buy seperate tickets for the other two games on saturday

just buy a ticket at the gate, the ticket is good for all day.

RMAC
11-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by mudcat

It's a stretch though. I've done all 3 before and while it was worth it, it sucked at the same time. I had some buddies w/ me last week for the Wylie game and they'd done all 3 and they were dead by half time. Just make sure you don't live too far away from the big D. It's a long drive home after sitting for 10+ hours.

garciap77
11-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Gainesville 34 Liberty Eylau 14! Way to much talent for Liberty Eylau to handle. Watch out for #3 and thier QB to run up the score! Win State!

Leopards,class of 75
11-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Gainesville 34 Liberty Eylau 14! Way to much talent for Liberty Eylau to handle. Watch out for #3 and thier QB to run up the score! Win State! Keep your eye on #34 and #8 too. Your score is close to what I am thinking too.

sweetwater08
11-29-2005, 08:49 AM
this should be a good game, the winner still has another game before they take it all. gainsville by 7

jrh
11-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Gainesville by 20. I don't think LE can stop Gainesville's 2 big running backs, and a good running quarterback who can pass if he has to. Also, nobody has run against them yet, and I doubt if LE will. They will have a better chance of scoring if they have a good passing team.

Keith7
11-30-2005, 01:12 PM
ttt, come on people its not offseason yet

LE FAN
12-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
ttt, come on people its not offseason yet HI Keith..I guess LE might as well not even make that long drive over to Dallas Sat and play Gainesville. From what i am reading it won't be much of a game...I'm saving my congrats Leopards until the game is over.. OH thats right they are both Leopards.

NateDawg39
12-01-2005, 11:50 AM
I think Gainesville has the best chance to win with the talent in there squad. But Bad teams don't make it this far for nothin, look for Eylau to have a few tricks up the sleeve for Gainesville cause I am 100% sure the Head Honcho has studied Gainesville's D and is preparing in the best way possible.

jrh
12-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I think Gainesville has the best chance to win with the talent in there squad. But Bad teams don't make it this far for nothin, look for Eylau to have a few tricks up the sleeve for Gainesville cause I am 100% sure the Head Honcho has studied Gainesville's D and is preparing in the best way possible. So did the other coaches!

LE FAN
12-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Yes Nate i can tell you that you are 100% correct Coach Brady is preparing the Leopards. Also our D coord is quite good also. His name is Coach Brown who was also the Coach on our state team in 99. He went over to Waxahacie with Coach Ream in 2000 but came back last year when Coach brady got the Ad job.. He is used to preparing for big games when he was Hachie, with the likes of Ennis, Corsicana, etc on his sked. So big games are nothing knew to him. Last year was Coach Brady & a few first year they went 8-4 but what most dont know is they lost all 4 games to good teams by a total of 7 points that 8-4 team could very well have been 11-1. This year we are 10-2 so i think these coaches have the LE program headed back in the right direction. Guess we'll find out Sat if all of our hard work has paid off. Only thing i am certain is the LE team will give its all. i just hope its enough because G'ville is a great team no one is taking them lightly

sweetwater07
12-01-2005, 01:33 PM
gainesville should win this game pretty comfortably....i don't even see how liberty made it this far anyways....i really don't know what they have or who they played to get there though

LE FAN
12-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
gainesville should win this game pretty comfortably....i don't even see how liberty made it this far anyways....i really don't know what they have or who they played to get there though OK thanks for the info. Let me tell you a little about LE. They play in a very weak district and have not beaten anyone to get to the semis. I can't believe you made this statement.. Oh but let me be the first to say good luck to Sweetwater this week they have a tough game also

sweetwater07
12-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by LE FAN
OK thanks for the info. Let me tell you a little about LE. They play in a very weak district and have not beaten anyone to get to the semis. I can't believe you made this statement.. Oh but let me be the first to say good luck to Sweetwater this week they have a tough game also

no offense meant...like i said in my post..i don't know much about them and i don't know who is in their district or who they have played to get here...other than kennedale......

LE FAN
12-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Fair enough you proabably dont know much about us since we're so far east. We play in District 14 which is rated as one of the toughest in the state. We lost in "0" week to a good 4 A club. That week we did not play 5 starters.. Won about 7 straight. Then lost one to New Boston in week 9. This may sound like an excuse but its true. First off New Boston is a good team dont let that 6-4 record fool ya. That week the flu bug hit LE. IN fact the Qb was playing with 103 fever i kid you not. Since then been a roll. Beat Gladewater soundly in Bi District. Then met a good Carthage team, was forced to play that game with our third string TB (first two went down with ankle injuries) third string TB also plays defensive tackle. Defensive shut them down we won 12-0. Got our main TB back against Kennedale last week he had almost 200 yards.. Am hearing we might have our other runing back back this week for Gainesville. We have a great special teams also have what i believe may the state punter this year.. That about sums it up.. Hope this bit of info helped

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2005, 03:47 PM
I remember when Gilmer was first in the same district back in the '70s when we were both a classification higher than we are now.

At first we didn't know how to pronounce the name of your school, much less where it was. People would call it "Eye-lou" rather than "Eye-low."

You'd think a school which won state as recently as 1999 would be better known than it seems to be.

KingRob
12-01-2005, 04:25 PM
I am going to predict an upset. I think Liberty-Eylau will win in a close one.

HighSchool Fan
12-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
I am going to predict an upset. I think Liberty-Eylau will win in a close one.

if there's gonna be an uspet, it's gonna be on friday night few hours south of texas stadium

LE FAN
12-01-2005, 07:48 PM
i kind of like this big underdog role. We got nothing to prove and i have no crow to eat if we do get beat. But lets play the game first. Seems as if LE should just stay home and forfeit according to all the xperts on here....

Txbroadcaster
12-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I find it funny all these posters who know nothing about LE predicting a big win for Gainesville.

LE has GREAT team speed, and are very phyisical. I have seen both play and this game is very evenly matched up. Your seeing teams that not only share the same nickname but do alot of the same things.

LE has great Special teams and a defense that flys to the ball. Their offense is based off the ground game and will hit some big plays in the passing plays when the secondary starts to cheat up.

This is going to be a GREAT game, and yea I think Gainesville should come in as the favor, but this will not be an easy win unless TO's become a huge factor

3afan
12-02-2005, 05:29 AM
thats typical here as you know - people make picks/polls knowing only about teams in their immediate area ... but it makes borderline interesting reading sometimes

LE FAN
12-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I find it funny all these posters who know nothing about LE predicting a big win for Gainesville.

LE has GREAT team speed, and are very phyisical. I have seen both play and this game is very evenly matched up. Your seeing teams that not only share the same nickname but do alot of the same things.

LE has great Special teams and a defense that flys to the ball. Their offense is based off the ground game and will hit some big plays in the passing plays when the secondary starts to cheat up.

This is going to be a GREAT game, and yea I think Gainesville should come in as the favor, but this will not be an easy win unless TO's become a huge factor Thank you for the kind words about our team. I was going to post things like that but didnt want it to sound like the "homer" post. I have been around all these forums and have even seen how Coach Brady is going to get out coached. Coach Cordell is a tremendous coach i have said that all along. But for those that don't know Coach Brady, just a little history about him. He was a Coach at LE in 99 when we won state. Was offered a "better" job at Waxahachie". He has been against what i consider some of the best coaches in Tx ie, Sam Harrell (Ennis) Todd Dodge (Southlake) Tom Flores (Denton Ryan) I could go on but you get the jist. Gainesville may very well win the game but to say Coach Brady will get out coached is wrong (in my opinion). Coach Brady took over at LE last year and went 8-4, thats what the pollsters see, what they dont see is they lost those 4 games thats including a playoff game by a grand total of 7 points. NOt bad. I know this sounding like the homer post i'm really not trying to make it sound that way just wanted some of you to know that LE has earned the right to play Gainesville.