PDA

View Full Version : Do ya'll remember the church in Kansas that protested the soldier's funeral???

big daddy russ
11-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Well I emailed them to see what was up. Not hate mail by any stretch of the imagination, just honest questions. This is the email I got back, LOL...

The only "effective strategy" is to serve the Lord your God--now there's a
novel idea!!!

A much, much wiser one--Jesus Christ--said "Think not that I am come to send
peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)
Now, doesn't that make you feel all love-dovey inside?

That same wiser one was called the Rock of Offence--at whom you stumble and
are ashamed of:

* Isaiah 8:14 - And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of
stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin
and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
* Romans 9:33 - As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a
stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not
be ashamed.
* 1 Peter 2:8 - And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even
to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they
were appointed.

If you're "another of like faith" then rhinoceroses are beauteous, graceful
animals--or better yet ravenous wolves are fluffy, cute little lambs.
You're a liar and there is no sincerity or truth in you! I'd prefer the
outright "hate mail" than your foolish, dissembling, impertinent
questions/comments. Let us be perfectly clear--we are not Southern Baptists
nor would we ever be--even if they claimed us! It's no wonder to me that
you (a liar and hater of God) were born and raised by liars and haters of
God.

You're going to hell!
Jael Phelps

P.S. READ THE BIBLE! Also read: www.godhatesfags.com,
www.godhatesamerica.com, www.godhatessweden.com, www.godhatescananda.com,
www.smellthebrimstone.com, www.hatemongers.com, www.americaisdoomed.com,
www.yourpastorisawhore.com, www.godistheterrorist.com,
www.priestsrapeboys.com.

I got a kick out of it.

DaHop72
11-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Well I emailed them to see what was up. Not hate mail by any stretch of the imagination, just honest questions. This is the email I got back, LOL...

novel idea!!!

are ashamed of:

be ashamed.
were appointed.

God.

You're going to hell!
Jael Phelps

www.priestsrapeboys.com.

I got a kick out of it.
I for one am glad they aren't Southern Baptist.

AggieJohn
11-27-2005, 08:58 PM
what a loon

mwynn05
11-27-2005, 09:01 PM
what did your email say exactly russ? i wanna see what they freaked out about.

big daddy russ
11-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Give me a sec, let me see if I saved it...

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
me too...and that guy was a wack job:crazy:

Ranger Mom
11-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

Amen Brother!!

big daddy russ
11-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:40 PM
To: wrLu7Oef@godhatesamerica.com
Subject: A serious question...

I read the article from the Witchita Eagle about the Jared Hartley funeral in Oklahoma. My honest question
is this: If your side of the story is different than the one found at
http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/12212256.htm, then what is it? Why did you think that occasion was appropriate?

Not trying to send another hate mail, just trying to get the stories from
both sides. If you're in the right, then change my mind.

Coming from a Southern Baptist to another Christian.

CHS_CG
11-27-2005, 09:15 PM
That was by no means a hate letter.. that guy sounds a couple of grapes short of a fruit salad

DaHop72
11-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:40 PM
To: wrLu7Oef@godhatesamerica.com
Subject: A serious question...

I read the article from the Witchita Eagle about the Jared Hartley funeral in Oklahoma. My honest question
is this: If your side of the story is different than the one found at
http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/12212256.htm, then what is it? Why did you think that occasion was appropriate?

Not trying to send another hate mail, just trying to get the stories from
both sides. If you're in the right, then change my mind.

Coming from a Southern Baptist to another Christian.
Not quite the response you expect from another Christian.

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:16 PM
he went off on you over that and saying you sent him hate mail....just more evidence to the fact that he is a wack job

Ranger Mom
11-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Wow...poor misguided soul.

I will definately add him to my prayer list!

turbostud
11-27-2005, 09:18 PM
LOL that is funny. Are they Branch Davidians?:D

Johnny Utah
11-27-2005, 09:19 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are. We have fanatics in our own back yard!!! Yes we are the home of the free, but people like these need to get out!!!

big daddy russ
11-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
he went off on you over that and saying you sent him hate mail....just more evidence to the fact that he is a wack job
Actually, he said he'd prefer hate mail to my letter. I obliged.

Wonder what I'll get back this time, LOL. I'll post it on the DL.

big daddy russ
11-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
LOL that is funny. Are they Branch Davidians?:D
I got a kick out of it. Printed it out and taped it to my closet door.

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Actually, he said he'd prefer hate mail to my letter. I obliged.

Wonder what I'll get back this time, LOL. I'll post it on the DL.
o ok

Ranger Mom
11-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I just sent him an email of my own saying I had just read his hate filled response to a legitimate question and that I was praying for his soul!:D :D

CHS_CG
11-27-2005, 09:23 PM
I got a kick out of it. Printed it out and taped it to my closet door.

you taped it to ur closet lol

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just sent him an email of my own saying I had just read his hate filled response to a legitimate question and that I was praying for his soul!:D :D
good job RM...:thumbsup:

formermbcouns
11-27-2005, 09:25 PM
I have read several things about this Rev. Phelps guy in Topeka, KS. It's not just that he's nuts, but he's also very dangerous, I believe. And, remember that he has other people of his so-called "congregation" that are devout followers of his "teachings". That is also very scary, I think.

99IHSMustang
11-27-2005, 09:34 PM
It is people such as this that prevent me from ever bringing a child into this sick world.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-27-2005, 09:39 PM
We need to take out those type of people Texas style.Get a rope.

lepfan
11-27-2005, 09:51 PM

I will give a double AMEN on that one!!! (I was a bit worried)

He has so much more hate in his heart than the evil ones in the mid east ..... I for one think he has a rude awakening come judgement day.

sinton66
11-27-2005, 09:54 PM
There are religious fanatics in all walks of life. You should never resort to violence with these people. They want to be seen as a martyr. Sooner or later they go the way of the Branch Davidians and the likes of Jim Jones. RM is right, just pray for their souls.

Johnny Utah
11-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Also very unbelievable that people actually follow this weirdo!!! Scary indeed!!! I am sure the FBI, ATF, etc are watching this group very closely!!!

Paratrooper
11-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Since I am a soldier I took it a bit further and called them. They started telling me I was going to hell for defending the country........well, obviously I can't tell you what I told them.....but you can imagine what I said to them....lol:D They are a bunch of loon whack jobs using religion as a disguise. It still just baffles me how these whacko's will go to a soldier's funeral and post their vile messages as they are laying these souls to rest.

LH OffseasonVet
11-27-2005, 11:29 PM
If I had any land around Topeka I know what I would do with it, offer the land as a cemetary on private property where no protesters can approach to disgrace the memory of those who have given their lives.

LewP
11-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Since I am a soldier I took it a bit further and called them. They started telling me I was going to hell for defending the country........well, obviously I can't tell you what I told them.....but you can imagine what I said to them....lol:D They are a bunch of loon whack jobs using religion as a disguise. It still just baffles me how these whacko's will go to a soldier's funeral and post their vile messages as they are laying these souls to rest.

Hey Trooper...I'm an old Vet...1st Infantry Div.

Thanks for calling them and stating your point of view. Good job.

Standing by......
Standing proud.....

1st Infantry Division

"Always First"

AP Panther Fan
11-28-2005, 10:01 AM
You're going to hell!
Jael Phelps

www.priestsrapeboys.com.

Incredible! :eek:

I won't take the time to look at the sites he listed, but just LOOK at the names! What a goofball!:rolleyes:

vet93
11-28-2005, 10:39 AM
We lost a young man in Iraq a couple of weeks ago in Ballinger. He is a Hero in my book and our community treated him as such. This same group called our police chief to schedule a protest in Ballinger and Rowena where he was to be buried. Thankfully, they chose not to come to Ballinger. I don't know if the chief could have restrained a bunch of mad farmers and ranchers. I know these people want you to react violently in order to get publicity, sometimes it is hard not to want to oblige them.....These people represent Christ in name only. They have distorted the truth of the gospel and used scripture out of context in order to justify an agenda of hate. A true follower of Christ is not characterized by hate and chaos (that is the enemy). A true follower of Christ is a person or group of people whose lives demonstrate the peace, grace and mercy of a Savior who died on a cross for people, who at the time, were cursing his name, beating and spitting on him. I guess that's why we need to turn the other cheek to these people and pray for them.

99IHSMustang
11-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by vet93
We lost a young man in Iraq a couple of weeks ago in Ballinger. He is a Hero in my book and our community treated him as such. This same group called our police chief to schedule a protest in Ballinger and Rowena where he was to be buried. Thankfully, they chose not to come to Ballinger. I don't know if the chief could have restrained a bunch of mad farmers and ranchers. I know these people want you to react violently in order to get publicity, sometimes it is hard not to want to oblige them.....These people represent Christ in name only. They have distorted the truth of the gospel and used scripture out of context in order to justify an agenda of hate. A true follower of Christ is not characterized by hate and chaos (that is the enemy). A true follower of Christ is a person or group of people whose lives demonstrate the peace, grace and mercy of a Savior who died on a cross for people, who at the time, were cursing his name, beating and spitting on him. I guess that's why we need to turn the other cheek to these people and pray for them.

well said :clap:

spiveyrat
11-28-2005, 11:23 AM

novel idea!!!

are ashamed of:

be ashamed.
were appointed.

God.

You're going to hell!
Jael Phelps

www.priestsrapeboys.com.

I got a kick out of it.

Is this what he wrote word for word? Did you add comments to the ends of his comments? Or was that just him commenting on what he said?

I just don't get the defensiveness on his part after you merely asked questions. It's amazing how he just attacked you without even being provoked. WOW! :eek:

Ranger05
11-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by vet93
We lost a young man in Iraq a couple of weeks ago in Ballinger. He is a Hero in my book and our community treated him as such. This same group called our police chief to schedule a protest in Ballinger and Rowena where he was to be buried. Thankfully, they chose not to come to Ballinger. I don't know if the chief could have restrained a bunch of mad farmers and ranchers. I know these people want you to react violently in order to get publicity, sometimes it is hard not to want to oblige them.....These people represent Christ in name only. They have distorted the truth of the gospel and used scripture out of context in order to justify an agenda of hate. A true follower of Christ is not characterized by hate and chaos (that is the enemy). A true follower of Christ is a person or group of people whose lives demonstrate the peace, grace and mercy of a Savior who died on a cross for people, who at the time, were cursing his name, beating and spitting on him. I guess that's why we need to turn the other cheek to these people and pray for them. well said vet :clap:

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Since I am a soldier I took it a bit further and called them. They started telling me I was going to hell for defending the country........well, obviously I can't tell you what I told them.....but you can imagine what I said to them....lol:D They are a bunch of loon whack jobs using religion as a disguise. It still just baffles me how these whacko's will go to a soldier's funeral and post their vile messages as they are laying these souls to rest. I am not a soldier nor am i a vet.I am a very proud Amarican and very proud of our troops.Reading this has made me just sick.I cant even begin to imagine how you must feel.These guys have know idea what you and your family and all of the other familys of soldiers still fighting or have been killed fighting for our great country have been through.I say next plane to Iraq gather them all up and dump them off when you get there.Or you can use them to sight in your weapons.God bless you are troops and America.

Bullaholic
11-28-2005, 01:40 PM
This is said a lot, but never enough.....The members of our Armed Forces are out there every day defending with their lives the very right of radicals like this guy and his church to express themselves and exist as they wish in the greatest free society on earth. The term "American" should never be used in the same sentence as this guy and his "church".

big daddy russ
11-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Is this what he wrote word for word? Did you add comments to the ends of his comments? Or was that just him commenting on what he said?

I just don't get the defensiveness on his part after you merely asked questions. It's amazing how he just attacked you without even being provoked. WOW! :eek:
Word for word, just copied and pasted from my email. Apparently (judging by some of the other comments I've seen), he reacts like this quite a bit. I didn't understand the whole email... the effective strategy part threw me off a bit and he never really answered my question. I wrote him back yesterday (the email's about two weeks old but I never opened it because I didn't realize who it was from) and asked him to answer the question again. I wasn't as nice about it this time, but maybe he'll still write back. I'll post both my email and his response on here if I get anything back. My original email is posted somewhere on this thread.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Sometimes free speech sucks !!!

AP Panther Fan
11-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The term "American" should never be used in the same sentence as this guy and his "church".

True!

This guy really amazes me...after his miscellaneous ramblings...he then goes on to attack Russ (and his parents) before telling him he is going to hell!:cool:

Sorry Russ, but this guy is so whacked out, I laughed at his e-mail. Beyond my initial reaction of utter disbelief, I then found myself laughing at "how many fries short of a happy meal he is."

I know that laughing is probably a twisted response, because the subject matter ISN'T funny. I can't seem to make myself feel sorry for this particular type of fruitcake....as a matter of fact, I am thinking we should send Cindy Sheehan an invitation to their next church function.....:thinking:

hoosierdaddy
11-28-2005, 02:31 PM

For better or worse these are the freedoms we defend. Doesn't mean we have to coddle these whack-jobs. Good on ya Paratrooper

slpybear the bullfan
11-28-2005, 11:09 PM
It never amazes me the Loons that are out there.

You can take any morally, reprehensible belief, (like hate, racism, slavery, etc.), and go and find a few stray sentences in the Bible, Constitution, A Christmas Carol, etc. that will prop up your beliefs.

BUT THAT IS WRONG.

The Bible, (like the Constitution and Mr. Dicken's novel), are meant to be taken whole, and not out of context.

The entire old and new testaments tell us that God loves his creation, hates sin but not sinners, and made the supreme sacrifice by laying down his Son's life for us. Everything about the life and ministry of Jesus is about one thing... LOVE. A kind of love I will never measure up to, but hope to keep trying.

To say that these people have twisted the Bible to support their hatred is an understatment.

Slpybear

PS... If they are picking and choosing verses, I would ask these people to explain Mark 12:28-31... especially verse 31... "...You shall love your neighbor as yourself. there is no other commandment greater than these."

Paratrooper
11-29-2005, 12:19 AM
You know what really burns my hide about this whole deal is they have small kids holding up these signs. Maybe I am just old fashioned since I have served in the military my adult life, but I really don't understand burning the flag, signs such as these, not being able to pray at a football game or saying the pledge of alliegence at school. This isn't freedom of speech but to me for the most part advocating the destruction of America. The way it seems to be going is that they will soon remove the crosses out of Arlington National Cemetary because taxpayers bought the crosses. It just makes me utterly sick down to the very core of my guts! It won't be my generation that will pay the price for this, but I really think the kids being born today will live in an America much different than the one I was brought up in. Most of these kinds of people use the Constitution like toliet paper. Sorry for rambling it just really makes me sick.:(

bulldogbark
11-29-2005, 12:48 AM
the return E-mail from the group is not a male...Jael Phelps is the Grand-daughter of the wakked out Rev Fred Phelps. take Jael Phelps and do a search on the name and you will find that she however falls right into her grand dads weirdness

http://mediamatters.org/items/200503030005

big daddy russ
11-29-2005, 02:26 AM
Well here's the response, guys. A little more sensible and coherent this time, and she put the questions I asked in my email in quotes. It was fun while it lasted.

Russell Smith,

Alright, put the tissues away, because you're getting what you asked for:

"My honest question is this: If your side of the story is different than the
one found at http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/12212256.htm, then
what is it?"

I reread the article and what they reported as being our message is in fact
our message that we travel the country at least twice a week to preach it.

"Why did you deem that occasion appropriate..."

A funeral of a dead U.S. soldier is precisely the perfect place to spread
the message given in the aforementioned article. This country is wholly
given over to perversion on every level and the bottom rung is the
promotion/acceptation of homosexuality (just as it was in Sodom and
Gomorrah). A country such as this is in imminent danger of utter destruction
from their Creator who commands all men to obey him--homosexuality is an
abomination by the way. He also commands you to love your neighbor--Christ
quotes that commandment from Leviticus 19:17-18 and therein lies the
explanation: you tell them when they're sinning; warn them if they don't
repent that they'll go to hell: "in any wise rebuke." Furthermore, this
country--on top of being full of liars and perverts, insists on worshipping
those wretched souls' bodies that go to fight/die for such a country as
this-by the way, they're in hell. Again, such idolatry is abhorrent to the
Lord. We have a message to preach, we have neighbors to warn/love. The
end.

"Now it seems you're scattering the people Jesus would like to make his
own."

This is more of a comment, but requests a response. If Jesus Christ, the
Sovereign God cannot make whoever he wants his own--then he is not
sovereign. Only God can call/draw/save--not man! If there is a God and he
is Sovereign then it doesn't matter what man will do, his will reigns. What
he purposes will come to pass--he cannot be thwarted by man. Let's turn to
the scriptures for a few examples to explain:

* Ephesians 1:11 - In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being
predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after
the counsel of his own will:
* Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having
done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might
stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The
elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but
Esau have I hated. 14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with
God? God forbid. 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will
have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So
then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that
sheweth mercy. 17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same
purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that
my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he
mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19 Thou
wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his
will? 20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the
thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21 Hath
not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto
honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his
wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the
vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the
riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared
unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also
of the Gentiles?
* There are many, many more examples-look them up.

"I've read the FAQ's and simply want to know why you believe this is an
effective strategy."

Firstly, I don't think you have read the FAQ's, because therein you would
find:
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/faq.html#Goal
What are you trying to accomplish?
First, our goal is to preach the Word of God to this crooked and perverse
generation. By our words, some will repent. By our words, some will be
condemned. Whether they hear, or whether they forbear, they will know a
prophet has been among them. It is the solemn job of a believing Christian
to preach the Gospel to every creature, and warn them to flee from the wrath
to come. "For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for
necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!"
I Corinthians 9:16. Second, our goal is to glorify God by declaring His
whole counsel to everyone. Third, we hope that by our preaching some will be
saved. As Jude said, on some have compassion, making a difference, but
others save with fear
I maintain my first answer: the only effective strategy in life is to serve
the Lord your God all else is a heaping pile of dung! As I have already
said, Christ commands his servants to love their neighbors by warning them
to flee from the wrath to come--and every indication the zeitgeist gives is
that that day of wrath is not far off.

* Ezekiel 3: 17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house
of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from
me. 18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest
him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to
save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood
will I require at thine hand. 19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn
not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his
iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

With every question you asked, implied or not, you demonstrate your Bible
ignorance and disobedience to the Most High God, therefore you give every
indication by your words that you are hell bound:
1. You don't believe God is Sovereign
2. You don't know enough about the Bible to understand we're doing
exactly what every prophet/servant of God and even Christ Jesus was
persecuted for. See Matthew 5:11.
3. You worship the creature more than the Creator.
4. And you harass the saints of the Most High God with-yes-impertinent
and insincere questions/comments.
* Matthew 12:37 - For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy
words thou shalt be condemned.
* Leviticus 19:15 - Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou
shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the
mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
* 1 Corinthians 6:2 - Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the
world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the
smallest matters?

Quite pretending like you can't read my e-mail: you are offended and stumble
at the words we preach, just as you do at what Christ preaches, because
they're one in the same. Get off of me just because you can't handle a
little rebuking, you big baby! Quit being so lazy and diligently
search/study the scriptures to know what your God requires of you-and then
do it! Ecclesiastes 12:13 - Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Alright, mister, that'll be all the time I spend on you! Hope I didn't
offend your delicate sensibilities! :-) LOL!

Thanks for writing,
Jael Phelps

LH OffseasonVet
11-29-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm starting to think we should write a collective letter back, maybe include some of those scriptures requested. I'm still a little confused on their beliefs for salvation, they seem to hold to a salvation by works/righteousness rather than the baptist norm of salvation by faith. As well as a Calvinist view on predestination.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 02:51 AM
I for one am glad they aren't Southern Baptist. I am for one glad that i am not Catholic.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 02:56 AM
Hello

AggieJohn
11-29-2005, 03:10 AM
this guys is the exact reason that parents should have to take a test before conception

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
this guys is the exact reason that parents should have to take a test before conception Which guy

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
this guys is the exact reason that parents should have to take a test before conception Please do not be talkin about me I'm not just talkin out of my @$$ hole.

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 03:24 AM
Come on Aggie john who were you talkin about?

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by LewP
Hey Trooper...I'm an old Vet...1st Infantry Div.

Thanks for calling them and stating your point of view. Good job.

Standing by......
Standing proud.....

1st Infantry Division

"Always First" Hey LewP Me and u Have somethin in commin beside Swater My bro is in the infantry he's in germany right now. But hes about to go Air Bourne In a couple of months.

spiveyrat
11-29-2005, 08:14 AM
I didn't understand the whole email...

Neither did I. :confused:

spiveyrat
11-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
I am for one glad that i am not Catholic.

What do you mean?

jmcgee
11-29-2005, 08:34 AM
I dont know.

spiveyrat
11-29-2005, 08:35 AM
:confused:

spiveyrat
11-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I find it interesting how she patiently tried to explain herself in the beginning and abruptly started chastising and belittling in the end. You're not going to attract a lot of followers that way, are you? DUH!

Also after reading this, I now see they think all the "bad press" they are getting is persecution. They really think they are in the right in doing what they do. It appears they don't even think what they are doing is hateful, but rather what is commanded of all Christians. In fact, somewhere in there she likened herself (and/or those who follow them) to be saints.

Whether they realize it or not, their passion for what they do has overwhelmed their cause because they have begun to hate the sinner as well as the sin.

JasperDog94
11-29-2005, 09:36 AM
I find it interesting how she patiently tried to explain herself in the beginning and abruptly started chastising and belittling in the end. You're not going to attract a lot of followers that way, are you? DUH! That would be like Jesus telling the Samaritan woman "Go and sin no more...stupid". It just doesn't make sense. Can you imagine Jesus rebuking the pharasis (sp?) and telling them "I'm sorry you can't understand the concepts I'm talking about, you big babies".:nerd:

sWaterislife
11-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Yes we're in a state of moral decisions... and now is the time to make a decision but this quote really just boiles my blood just thinking that this guy doesnt understand that its through Prayers and BLOOD That he/she has the ability to know the gospel at all..
Furthermore, this
country--on top of being full of liars and perverts, insists on worshipping
those wretched souls' bodies that go to fight/die for such a country as
this-by the way, they're in hell. Again, such idolatry is abhorrent to the
Lord. We have a message to preach, we have neighbors to warn/love. The
end.

They're countries all over the world that have people that there houses are far away from any village and they walk miles just to get to congregate together... he/she talks taking trips all over the country.. in some countries its not even possible... It's amazing how quick we forget the sacrifices of the few that pledged they're allegiance to the flag... Yes the flag that once stood for 'IN GOD We Trust' is under attack.. Lets not forget this.. But all we can do is heal our land first and inturn heal a nation... In Hezakiah's time he realized things werent being done as the law had said... he fixed the door of the temple.. Told the priest to sanctify themselves and started doing the things which were right .. And great blessings came that even the store houses couldnt contain... That's the answer.. not to follow man but what thus saith the word of God and lean not to your own understanding... And i liked why spiveyrat said..

Whether they realize it or not, their passion for what they do has overwhelmed their cause because they have begun to hate the sinner as well as the sin.

The Message cant be brought in any way other than love and belittling people isnt the way... You cant 'skin the sheep' an expect them to obey, some will -- ie this person's congregation... But it comes with love... and im not saying that any ol' way will do, it has to be thus saith the word of God...

Im not quite sure or understand how they believe that demonstrating at a funeral is the proper place... What's really been lost in America is simple respect ...

Hupernikomen
11-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Hello

How are you?

sinton66
11-29-2005, 11:23 AM
1). I know of no rational American that equates respect and admiration for our military forces with idolatry and WORSHIP. This person is providing a twist on this that just doesn't exist.
2). I know of no rational American Christian that accepts homosexuality as a valid "alternate lifestyle". This person seems to ignore this fact to simply support her own argument.
3). Spiveyrat hit the nail on the head. They despise the sinner as well as the sin. That is in direct violation of the greatest of all commandments.
4). The references to Soddam and Gomorrah are nothing but scare tactic. The actual events in the bible depict a God willing to spare even these cities if he found but one righteous person in them. This person appears to condem an entire nation for the actions of a distinct minority of its citizenry.
5). A TRUE Christian would welcome any opportunity to tell someone about their positive experiences with God. No ordinary human can sit in final judgement of a fellow human. The Apostles were granted the power to "hold sins bound" on Earth, and were assured they would be held bound in heaven. However, this power was bestowed by the DIRECT laying on of hands by Jesus himself. It is commonly believed that this power was passed down within the established church springing directly from those twelve Apostles. Unless this person can demonstrate a direct link to one of the twelve tribes of Israel, the bible does not support her possessing the power to condemn.

Twisting of the bible scriptures is a common practice among religious cults. Confiscation of peoples' property and valuables in order to "cleanse" them is another. Constant claims of "persecution" by the majority is another. The victims of these people are usually bible uninformed and never gave it much thought before their encounter with the cultists. We all have an inborn sense of right and wrong and have some guilt complex that lends itself to scoundrels from time to time. Every person who considers themselves to be a Christian should take advantage of opportunities to learn more about their own chosen religion, and develop a profound respect for the religion of others. The differences in religions (particularily Christian ones) are of human, not divine origin. The divine ones exist in all religions. That is what the bible is talking about when we are urged to seek the manifestation of God in all people.

spiveyrat
11-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Great post, 66! :clap: I wondered about the implication of worshiping our troops too.

Bet it took you a while to type it. :D

sinton66
11-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Bet it took you a while to type it.

As a matter of fact, it took a little while to type.(Especially since I'm a two finger typer.):D

Ranger Mom
11-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
As a matter of fact, it took a little while to type.(Especially since I'm a two finger typer.):D

I think we need to copy and paste YOUR post and send it right back at her!

Good job!

AP Panther Fan
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM

Good job!

ditto:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Bet it took you a while to type it. :D

He started it yesterday. ;)

AP Panther Fan
11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He started it yesterday. ;)

lol....you are on your toes today!;) :D

spiveyrat
11-29-2005, 03:02 PM

;)

spiveyrat
11-29-2005, 03:06 PM
66, that was so good, I just went back and read it again. :thumbsup:

Bullaholic
11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Repent 66'! Looks like you're on the road to hell with the rest of us "war mongers". Very nice post---too bad idiots like these "radicals" have no way of appreciating your reasoning.

I would just like to add that if anyone of any faith wants to know the true meaning of the word "Christian", they need to watch the movie "Mother Teresa" or read any of the books about her. She was truly one person whose life I admired and whose holy example was unparalleled.

Astrosdawg07
11-29-2005, 03:37 PM

novel idea!!!

are ashamed of:

be ashamed.
were appointed.

God.

You're going to hell!
Jael Phelps

www.priestsrapeboys.com.

I got a kick out of it.

No way in hell this is realy what they sent back.

big daddy russ
11-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
No way in hell this is realy what they sent back.
LOL. Okie dokie.

SintonFan
11-29-2005, 07:32 PM

Good job!
I agree!
Great post 66.:clap:

Paratrooper
11-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I agree!
Great post 66.:clap:

That was a great post 66. Your one finger typing served you well. Very interesting insight to what is actually going on with these folks.

sinton66
11-29-2005, 08:12 PM

Good job!

I didn't copyright my statement, so feel free to use it as you wish.;)

Paratrooper
11-29-2005, 09:13 PM

Just curious, but how long exactly did it take you. That's a whole lot of two finger typing!:D

sinton66
11-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Heh, heh, well, I was thinking a lot while typing, so it took about fifteen minutes.

SINTON81
11-30-2005, 08:45 AM
1). I know of no rational American that equates respect and admiration for our military forces with idolatry and WORSHIP. This person is providing a twist on this that just doesn't exist.
2). I know of no rational American Christian that accepts homosexuality as a valid "alternate lifestyle". This person seems to ignore this fact to simply support her own argument.
3). Spiveyrat hit the nail on the head. They despise the sinner as well as the sin. That is in direct violation of the greatest of all commandments.
4). The references to Soddam and Gomorrah are nothing but scare tactic. The actual events in the bible depict a God willing to spare even these cities if he found but one righteous person in them. This person appears to condem an entire nation for the actions of a distinct minority of its citizenry.
5). A TRUE Christian would welcome any opportunity to tell someone about their positive experiences with God. No ordinary human can sit in final judgement of a fellow human. The Apostles were granted the power to "hold sins bound" on Earth, and were assured they would be held bound in heaven. However, this power was bestowed by the DIRECT laying on of hands by Jesus himself. It is commonly believed that this power was passed down within the established church springing directly from those twelve Apostles. Unless this person can demonstrate a direct link to one of the twelve tribes of Israel, the bible does not support her possessing the power to condemn.

Twisting of the bible scriptures is a common practice among religious cults. Confiscation of peoples' property and valuables in order to "cleanse" them is another. Constant claims of "persecution" by the majority is another. The victims of these people are usually bible uninformed and never gave it much thought before their encounter with the cultists. We all have an inborn sense of right and wrong and have some guilt complex that lends itself to scoundrels from time to time. Every person who considers themselves to be a Christian should take advantage of opportunities to learn more about their own chosen religion, and develop a profound respect for the religion of others. The differences in religions (particularily Christian ones) are of human, not divine origin. The divine ones exist in all religions. That is what the bible is talking about when we are urged to seek the manifestation of God in all people.

Hey 66, I didn't say you could type up all the answers I gave you.:D :D

J/K, Good Post.

sinton66
11-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey, no credit to you bystanders.:D

J/K, thanks my friend.;)