PDA

View Full Version : McGee and McNeal

Gobbla2001
11-27-2005, 07:40 PM
McNeal is/was/whatever a great QB, but this year he didn't seem to do as well as he has done in his past at A&M, but I was really impressed with McGee is the games he played against OU and UT... He seemed to be a better fit in this offense this year to me... But how do you tell a QB who has done so well for you "We're going to a different guy"???

So the question is, who would have been the better starter for A&M this year?

Gobbla2001
11-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Damn, I left McDonald's off of the poll...

big daddy russ
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
I think McGee would've been better, but you can't just pull a starter who's a legit All-Big XII threat and tell him you have a "better" option.

From what people are saying it sounds like it was Reggie's attitude, not his talent, that killed his chances at being a great QB. IMO, McGee will wind up being a better QB even though Reggie had more talent.

But then again, anything we say is only speculation. The top three WRs were out for most of the year, the starting RB was out for about half the year, the starters at LB didn't play in a game together until the UT game, and the already-porous secondary was without its second-best player the whole year. I'd like to think McGee's a tough kid, but you never know how someone will react when the rest of the team is down and all the pressure is on their shoulders.

gobbler grad
11-27-2005, 09:17 PM
i think Reggie would be better...the defense lost a few of those games for them...McGee will be a great qb for them in the future...

3afan
11-27-2005, 09:18 PM
McNeal had his chance and couldn't get in done ... time for McGee

Pmoney
11-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
i think Reggie would be better...the defense lost a few of those games for them...McGee will be a great qb for them in the future...
i agree...i dont think McGee would have been ready for the starting role at the first of the season

sweetwater08
11-27-2005, 09:22 PM
im not an aggie fan, but after watching a quaterback coem off the bench, start and gain more rushing yards than vince young i was impressed. i think that mcneal only played because the aggies did not know what mcgee was capible of doing on the field.

sinton66
11-27-2005, 10:04 PM
McGee is a sophomore.

Chris Hart
11-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Actually he's a redshirt freshmen...He now has 3 full year's left to get it done at A&M...He's gonna be AWESOME, just wait and see

sinton66
11-27-2005, 10:09 PM
oh, ok.

AggieJohn
11-27-2005, 10:26 PM
mcneals my boy, but as much as he is my boy, the poop around college station was that his additude is what made him horrible, especially after doing so well last season..............mcgee has always impressed me, and from what i heard he does very minimal things in college station, he's definately a student of the game and wants to learn, i was more impressed with the fact he came to A&M a semester early which didn't affect his eligibility...

Leopards,class of 75
11-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Actually he's a redshirt freshmen...He now has 3 full year's left to get it done at A&M...He's gonna be AWESOME, just wait and see He looked close to awesome against Texas. I would love to see him start next year, even if i'm not an Aggie fan.