PDA

View Full Version : Seven Men From Now on TCM in December!

PhiI C
11-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Great News indeed as this is the 1956 great movie western coming on December 21 at 8:30 P.M. to 10 P.M. This movie has been a hard one to get lately on tv and one I have been wanting to get for a long time and finally it is coming! I am very excited. It stars Randolph Scott, Lee Marvin and Gail Russell. If you can't watch it set your recorded. This is the first time it has been on TCM and hopefully not the last. Good news indeed.

PhiI C
12-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Tomorrow (Wednesday Dec 21) is the night so you may want to catch this outstanding western. This movie has been rarely shown even on the Western Channel. :eek: So you may want to catch it while you can and if you can't watch it at the time shown get your recorders set. The movie was made in 1956 and is in color and has great country scenery. After this movie there is a Budd Boetticher docurmentary which explores the life and career of this action/adventure director. In fact he directed this movie along with six other great movies starring Ranolph Scott such as Decision at Sundown, The Tall T, Ride Lonesome, Comanche Station, and Buchannan Rides Alone (This one is fantastic and is shown on the Western Channel often). The documentary is from 10 to 11:30 P.M. Other good Randolph Scott movies follow include 1936 The Last of the Mohicans, 1941 Western Union and 1947 Trail Street but none are as great as Seven Men from Now in my opnion. They are on from 11:30 P.M. to 4:30 A.M. If interested from 4:30 A.M. to 5 A.M. TCM will show three famous Christmas cartoons which are 1936 The Pups Christmas, 1939 Peace on Earth, and 1941 The Night Before Christmas.

PhiI C
12-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Also they are showing Lady in the Lake (1947) with Robert Montgomery as Phillip Marlow. This movie is unusual in that it is shown entirely from the detective's viewpoint. Plus it is a very good movie. It is on this Saturday from 7 to 9 A.M. on TCM. And for the Ladies they are showing Since You Went Away on Saturday morning very early from 12.30 to 3:30 A.M. It was made in 1944 and deals with women's struggles whose husband have been called to war.

Phil C
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM
It builds up to an interesting final showdown between Scott and Marvin but I won't reveal the ending.

Phil C
12-21-2005, 11:31 AM
One interesting aspect is that John Wayne was also a co-producer of this movie even though he isn't credited. He was what you would call a silent partner. He and Scott made a couple of movies in the early 1940s and were good friends.

Phil C
12-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Just a few more hours. :)

Phil C
12-21-2005, 05:58 PM
One final note on this was that John Wayne was originally going to star in the main role but it was given to his friend Randolph Scott because Wayne had other committments which included The Searchers (and what a great committment) but Wayne did insist that the female lead not change and that was the role played by Gail Russell who did a great job in this role. I haven't seen this movie in over 30 years and I am looking forward to seeing it again indeed.

SWMustang
12-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Well I watched the show - ONLY because you recommended it. You just knew MR. Greer was going to get it.