PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater-Monahans

Tweeder215
11-27-2005, 04:42 PM
This might be a good one.....

pero chato
11-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I've been picking Sweetwater all year, and won't stop now. Close one, by 4.

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
I've been picking Sweetwater all year, and won't stop now.

What he said /\.

Butkus
11-27-2005, 06:53 PM
I believe Sweetwater's speed will be the determining factor in this game, Mustangs by 10.

DaHop72
11-27-2005, 07:24 PM
I finally get to be an alumni homer, Mustangs by 17.:D

S-WtrMustangFan
11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Sweetwater-35 Monahans-21 I feel the need for speed. Go Mustangs!!!!!!

Razorback
11-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Stangs take it by at least 10... Yes by at least 2 scores....

I Bleed Red08
11-27-2005, 09:49 PM
wow looking at the poll i think alot of the sweetwater posters voted lol and i pick the mustangs by anywhere between 3 and 14 points it'll be a game to watch.

sweetwater07
11-27-2005, 10:45 PM
with the little defense i saw in that game between them and bridgeport..i think banyard and skye will have a field day with their defense!!!...i say by 14+

DukeNukem
11-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Sweetwater will have 3 big plays (25+ yards) for touchdowns. Yes, Banyard and Green are fast and will get the corner eventually. Both speedy backs but combined that are not as good as the Bridgeport kid. Shame he is done with hs ball but he will move on to bigger stages. Monahans will grind it out successfully every other possession for 5 touchdowns total. My prediction is Monahans 35-21.

Everyone says Sweetwater's speed at linebacker and in the secondary will be the difference in the game. My opinion is Sweetwater's lack of size at linebacker and in the secondary will be the difference along with turnovers and field position.

If Sweetwater jumps up big, the Loboes may be done, but if it stays close, Monahans will be in the semis.

Butkus
11-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
Sweetwater will have 3 big plays (25+ yards) for touchdowns. Yes, Banyard and Green are fast and will get the corner eventually. Both speedy backs but combined that are not as good as the Bridgeport kid. Shame he is done with hs ball but he will move on to bigger stages. Monahans will grind it out successfully every other possession for 5 touchdowns total. My prediction is Monahans 35-21.

Everyone says Sweetwater's speed at linebacker and in the secondary will be the difference in the game. My opinion is Sweetwater's lack of size at linebacker and in the secondary will be the difference along with turnovers and field position.

If Sweetwater jumps up big, the Loboes may be done, but if it stays close, Monahans will be in the semis.
So Duke, ya think that those big ole Lobo tight ends gonna get behind the Sweetwater secondary. That QB ya got is one good player, play action with the best, but the Mustangs have the speed to make up for their mistakes whereas the Tigers of Snyder didn't.

DukeNukem
11-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Did not say anything about the big tight ends getting behind the secondary. They can't run out of sight in two days. I am saying the mustang secondary will have to committ to the run to stop the loboes. They do not have enough lead in their pants to make plays alone. That is when receivers get open on play action like you said. The loboes rely on that. They don't just split out and try to go vertical. I think both mustang corners are less than 150 lbs. They will have zero chance of stopping the monahans backs one on one. If sweetwater wins it will be because Carrillo has about 25 tackles.

Butkus
11-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Did not say anything about the big tight ends getting behind the secondary. They can't run out of sight in two days. I am saying the mustang secondary will have to committ to the run to stop the loboes. They do not have enough lead in their pants to make plays alone. That is when receivers get open on play action like you said. The loboes rely on that. They don't just split out and try to go vertical. I think both mustang corners are less than 150 lbs. They will have zero chance of stopping the monahans backs one on one. If sweetwater wins it will be because Carrillo has about 25 tackles.
So Duke, them Stangs commit to stop the run and with their speed make up the coverage against, your words not mine slow tight ends, on the pass.

zeus63
11-28-2005, 12:01 PM

I agree with you you Duke. But I'm not sure even Carrillo has enough lead in his pants to stop Graves, I could be wrong tho. Don't know good a shape he is gonna be in after that Iowa Park game, he took some pretty good shots from those giants they had.

DukeNukem
11-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
So Duke, them Stangs commit to stop the run and with their speed make up the coverage against, your words not mine slow tight ends, on the pass.

They do not have to get behind them by 20 yards. The QB finds them when they're open and they make the catch, move the sticks, and move on to the next play. Look at college and the pros. Alge Crumpler cannot outrun one defensive back in the NFL yet he makes plenty of catches and TDs. The tight end is the most neglected position in football. I know sweetwater values their big tight end, or at least when there is only 12 seconds to go and you must score to stay alive.