PDA

View Full Version : Movie Lover 400 & Still Collecting

maroonpirate04
11-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Well I'm a big lover besides supporting the Sinton Pirates all the way. So when the Pirates football season comes to an end every year I love going to the movies and collecting em on dvd. So after the holiday season is over I keep up with all the blockbusters every year. Come Tuesday I try to buy the new releases . So far I've collected 400 movies all VHS and DVD's together and that's not counting the new ones I bought this past Friday. Also the series such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer seasons 1-4 and Angel Seasons 1-3. Now my next step is to convert one of my rooms into a movie theather. I pretty much already got ideas how to do it It'll take alot of money but its worth it. So how many movies do you have?

theyoefnshow
11-27-2005, 04:44 PM
peh....VHS lol
DVD's I've got a 370+ carosel/holder for all my single non animated/anime DVD movies. It's full w/ room for maybe 1 slot on each shelf. Those are all in alphabetical order a-z. TV show sets I've got about 25 or so. Mainly South Park, Family Guy, Chappelle Show, Reno 911, Lost. Most of it is Comedy Central Stuff. These sets stretch across the top of my big screen from one side to the other. It's a 65' Mitsubishi :D From there, the movie boxsets have a carosel all there own and I've got about 15-20 sets. The Extended LOTR set is my crown jewel there along w/ the Aliens Quadrilogy. All the Disney stuff (yes I love Disney) is on a shelf by itself. I think I counted exactly 20 the other day. Last shelf is wwe dvds. About 35 of those w/ the crown jewel (probably of my entire movie collection as well) being the Wrestlemania 1-21 boxset. That retails for 249.99 alone. And....I think that's it :D I started to take "inventory" the other day but I got tired and there were too many to write so I quit. Got to about letter G and was at # 67 so I'll have to finish up sometime....

I finally bought House of 1000 Corpses last night before the game @ the Best Buy in Conroe.

As for this week, there's alot of stuff coming out that I want. Family Guy season 4 being the main one. Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Murderball, Sky High (seriously, the movie rocked) and I think 1 or 2 others....damn holidays....

mwynn05
11-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Well I'm a big lover besides supporting the Sinton Pirates all the way. So when the Pirates football season comes to an end every year I love going to the movies and collecting em on dvd. So after the holiday season is over I keep up with all the blockbusters every year. Come Tuesday I try to buy the new releases . So far I've collected 400 movies all VHS and DVD's together and that's not counting the new ones I bought this past Friday. Also the series such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer seasons 1-4 and Angel Seasons 1-3. Now my next step is to convert one of my rooms into a movie theather. I pretty much already got ideas how to do it It'll take alot of money but its worth it. So how many movies do you have? Sounds like a pretty sweet collection you have going

maroonpirate04
11-27-2005, 10:29 PM
The way I have my movies is according year, and in their theatical release date.

CHS_CG
11-27-2005, 10:34 PM
wow.. now if you or theyoefnshow has a dvd burner yall could burn copies of dvd and make a lil side profit lol

maroonpirate04
11-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
wow.. now if you or theyoefnshow has a dvd burner yall could burn copies of dvd and make a lil side profit lol

Or simply just finish making a theather room and charge people to watch movies at my house:D

CHS_CG
11-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Or simply just finish making a theather room and charge people to watch movies at my house:D

sinton is a lil far.. if u burn them and sell them for a cheaper price i can watch them here lol

theyoefnshow
11-27-2005, 11:18 PM
so ur saying if I got a home theater room as well, u wouldn't make the trip to catch a movie w/ either of us? Me & the Sinton guy are now officially offended.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2005, 11:29 PM
My wife and I have over 500 DVD, plus ALL Buffy and Angel seasons. We watch a Buffy every day

piratebg
11-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I am not sure how many dvds I have but I love to collect horror/slasher flcks. I have the entire Elm Street series, Dead serires, Hellraiser series, Blade series, and am working on the Halloween series(which I lost when converting from vhs to dvd). Then I have a whole 80s collection with movies like The Thing, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Critters, Return of the Living Dead, and a bunch of other movies that I used to love watch as a small child. The one movie that I have been seriously waiting for is a movie called "The Monster Squad". Does anyone else remember this one? It is probably one my most favorite movies from the 80s.

3afan
11-28-2005, 08:16 AM
So how many movies do you have?

none ...

KingRob
11-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I have a handful, but unless it's something really, really good, I have no desire to watch it again. I have Sky satellite, and I haven't rented a movie in months. The last DVD movie I purchased were the Best of SNL - Gilda Radner/John Belushi.

maroonpirate04
11-28-2005, 12:20 PM
I remember the Monster Squad I believe it was released in 1989, The guy from the Wonder Years tv show starred in it, I have few a 80's movies, I have more of the 90's and 2000's in my collection. But now I'm starting to buy the 80's movies so far they have been releasing alot of them on dvd

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I am not sure how many dvds I have but I love to collect horror/slasher flcks. I have the entire Elm Street series, Dead serires, Hellraiser series, Blade series, and am working on the Halloween series(which I lost when converting from vhs to dvd). Then I have a whole 80s collection with movies like The Thing, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Critters, Return of the Living Dead, and a bunch of other movies that I used to love watch as a small child. The one movie that I have been seriously waiting for is a movie called "The Monster Squad". Does anyone else remember this one? It is probably one my most favorite movies from the 80s.

Your just like my wife and I..of our 500 DVD, about 300 are Horror films.

piratebg
11-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your just like my wife and I..of our 500 DVD, about 300 are Horror films.

It took my wife some getting used to my taste in movies. Now she has no gross out factor and does not scare as easy. Her only complaint is that I allow my 3yo son to watch some of these movies with me. His favorite movies are Star Wars(new/old/cartoon), The Incredibles, The Polar Express, Harry Potter, and Dawn of the Dead.

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh my wife loved horror movies before we met, one of the first things we both had in common when we first met

RMAC
11-28-2005, 12:41 PM
When I went up to Mass. last month and we stayed at my cousin's house, he has over 3,000 dvd's and vhs's. I almost crapped my pants.

District303aPastPlayer
11-28-2005, 02:16 PM
I liked Crash. .. it was a great movie. :)

44INAROW
11-28-2005, 02:21 PM
we only have about 10 DVD's, and hardly ever watch them, but we keep "Dumb and Dumber" in the expedition and it gets watched over and over and over lol.......... we laugh everytime too........
"put a little shrimp on the barbie" :D