PDA

View Full Version : Colin Jones Class 3A offensive player of the Year?

The One
11-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Does anyone think that Bridgeports RB Colin Jones has a shot at offensive player of the year? He ended the season with a little over 1,850 yards and 23 TD's rushing & 1125 yards and 14 TD's receiving. He played a great game last night. He has commited to TCU, but I am guessing more college teams will be calling his house before signing day.

Are those numbers good enough to be considered?

VWG
11-27-2005, 11:37 AM
He's got to be considered. He was the heart and soul of the Bulls offense.

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2005, 11:38 AM
GJ Kinne.

LewP
11-27-2005, 11:40 AM
He was awesome last night. His numbers would have to be considered to anyone in their right mind. Hope he keeps his committment to TCU. I would like to see him play. Of course if he went to aTm I would be happier..lol

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by LewP
Of course if he went to aTm I would be happier..lol Now why go and waste good talent......Sorry, you left yourself wide open for that one, but just giving you a hard time!

With those stats anyone would be lucky to have him. If he does become a horned frog, then good luck to his college career!`

injuredinmelee
11-27-2005, 12:14 PM
if player of the year wa similar to NFL MVP voting as in the player most valuable to their team....

Case Keenum Abilene Wylie. This kid is the real deal.

Adidas410s
11-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
if player of the year wa similar to NFL MVP voting as in the player most valuable to their team....

Case Keenum Abilene Wylie. This kid is the real deal.

This should be very evident when he is gone next year. They are losing A LOT of guys this year...more so than in a normal year

Bullaholic
11-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Even if I wasn't a Bridgeport "homer", I would have to second this consideration for Colin Jones. Not only did he win games with his running(ran over,around, and away from everybody) and receiving(many one-handed "circus" catches)...he was responsible for several "game winning" sacks and a "game saving" INT in one game. Tremendous young man with outstanding character and academic excellence in the classroom. TCU will reap the rewards of this young man's talents. Bravo Colin! Thanks to you and all the Bulls for one of the most exciting football seasons I have ever seen :clap:

LewP
11-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Ditto Bull,

I think the State of Texas will no longer wonder who Bridgeport is. They gained mucho respect last night and came within a gnat's wing of winning.

Great job and cudos to the Bulls!

justlikesports
11-27-2005, 12:43 PM
After watching that kid last night, I think he should be a leading candidate. He was unbelievable! I am looking forward to watching him in college. What a game last night! It was great meeting everyone too. Hope everyone had a safe trip home. Way to go Loboes, but know that you were in a battle last night and better get down and practice hard and get focused. You need to get intense like you did against Snyder. I want to see you play with that passion! To the Bulls, you guys are a great team! I hope you guys woke the Loboes up. Good luck to yall next year and to your seniors, good luck in your future endeavors. As always, GO LOBOES!

chaingang
11-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Dont forget about a little #7 for West Orange Stark!!;)

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
GJ Kinne.

big daddy russ
11-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Let's start listing the kids with legit shots at the award...

Brian Scott, QB, Cameron Yoe
Casey Kociuba, RB, Liberty Hill
Kyle Noack, QB, Cuero
Case Keenum, QB, Abilene Wylie
GJ Kinne, QB, Canton
Colin Jones, RB, Bridgeport
Brock Fitzhenry, QB, Giddings
Deon Beasley, QB, West Orange-Stark
Will Middlebrooks, QB/K, Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
Jeremy Sanders, QB, Marlin

My personal frontrunners look something like this...
1. GJ Kinne
2. Keenum
3. Beasley
4. Jones
5. Scott

FNF
11-27-2005, 01:02 PM
My vote goes to Colin.

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Vote (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=440658#post440658) in the poll

eagle.eyes
11-27-2005, 03:47 PM
No disrespect to Colin because I haven't seen them play this yr. But, if you look at team stats, Bridgeport has the 2nd leading passer in the state ( yds. wise) and 2 of the top 3 receivers (yds. wise). That's like giving the Heisman to a QB from TX Tech, ain't gonna happen because of the system. Didn't they also have 5 losses? Now I have seen WOS play, particularly against Giddings, and if you take Beasley off the team, they may not make the playoffs. He is the real deal. They sure wouldn't be anywhere close to 11-0. Kinne, haven't seen this year, but from what I hear can't go wrong with that pick either.

The One
11-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Bridgeport would have had 9 or 10 losses on the year without Colin.

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by The One
Bridgeport would have had 9 or 10 losses on the year without Colin.

Then they were a very one sided team.

slpybear the bullfan
11-27-2005, 07:42 PM
isn't that the point of MVP??? To be invaluable to his team?

Colin's final numbers....1844 yds rushing (141 ypg) and 1278 yds receiving (98.3 ypg) for a total of 3122 all purpose yards with 38 TDs (2.9 TDs pg)...

Good job TCU... You are probably going to get a good one.

smustangs
11-27-2005, 07:49 PM
i havent seen many on that list but keenum and jones and my vote goes to jones(yes i already voted) i was very impressed w/ him last night heck of a ball player

Macarthur
11-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I saw him play last year and he is for real. I am anxious to see how he does at TCU.