PDA

View Full Version : No Alamodome games?

3afan
11-27-2005, 10:02 AM
hey you So Tex folks ---- why no playoff games at the Alamodome? just cause the 'Aints are using it?

Gobbler Fan
11-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes sir the 'Aints went a messed up the whole damn ball game .....:mad:

3afan
11-27-2005, 10:13 AM
so thats really the reason? i can see it if it was grass ... geez

we are so lucky in the DFW area to have so many great HS and a few college facilities, and Texas Stadium. I bet no other metropolitan area in the USA comes close .... maybe Houston if they'd let the HS's use Reliant Stadium.

now why on earth HP & Stephenville would play at Fouts in Denton (per the DMN) amazes me. That place is BAD !!!

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Chris from TexasHSfootball.com told me that it wasnt available this fall because of volleyball being housed there. . . i dont know, i asked the same question of "huh?"

3afan
11-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
... volleyball ...

:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
:confused:

NCAA

lepfan
11-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
damn you can't use that word anymore---dang is the replacement from now on :) ;)

3afan
11-27-2005, 11:21 AM
OK, NCAA VB ... but not every weekend .....

but since when do they play VB in stadiums? its not like they need the seating capacity ...

KTJ
11-27-2005, 01:52 PM
OK, NCAA VB ... but not every weekend .....

but since when do they play VB in stadiums? its not like they need the seating capacity ...

Have you seen the NCAA Final Four for volleyball? Wherever they host it, it's always packed.

Plus, they have to put down the floor and that takes a while. So I can see why they don't host any high school games. Not to mention, volleyball playoffs start this next weekend. I'm sure Phil will give us a post about that pretty soon.

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Have you seen the NCAA Final Four for volleyball? Wherever they host it, it's always packed.

Plus, they have to put down the floor and that takes a while. So I can see why they don't host any high school games. Not to mention, volleyball playoffs start this next weekend. I'm sure Phil will give us a post about that pretty soon.

I was thinking the same thing KTJ.

3afan
11-27-2005, 02:28 PM
OK, maybe a final 4 -- MAYBE. but Big XII is still in conference play - has nothing to with with why the Alamodome has not been used for playoff games.

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 02:30 PM
OK, maybe a final 4 -- MAYBE. but Big XII is still in conference play - has nothing to with with why the Alamodome has not been used for playoff games.

Who knows then...

KTJ
11-27-2005, 02:34 PM

The Big 12 just ended conference play yesterday.

Besides VB, we don't know what else is going on. How about you call and ask and report it back to us.

:D

3afan
11-27-2005, 02:37 PM
*SIGH* ... OK, I'll do the dirty work ......

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The Big 12 just ended conference play yesterday.

Besides VB, we don't know what else is going on. How about you call and ask and report it back to us.

:D

Good lord, I personally could care less.

KTJ
11-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Good lord, I personally could care less.

It was a joke, bro.

See the green smiley face? That means "joke". :D :D :D :D :D :D

I propose we have an emoticon with a Rose in it's mouth. (Why I just requested that on this board, and this thread, I have no clue. I'm kinda out of it right now.)

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It was a joke, bro.

See the green smiley face? That means "joke". :D :D :D :D :D :D

I propose we have an emoticon with a Rose in it's mouth. (Why I just requested that on this board, and this thread, I have no clue. I'm kinda out of it right now.)

Have you been down at 6th street? :D

gobbler grad
11-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I think it has to do with the Saints and the NFL ...they have a game a week later and I guess they don't want high school playoffs to tear up the field ...well go back to La., your gonna lose anyway...

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I think it has to do with the Saints and the NFL ...they have a game a week later and I guess they don't want high school playoffs to tear up the field ...well go back to La., your gonna lose anyway...

It may have to do with them having to re-stripe the field.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
could be one team dont want a speedy team on turf like field:D

Flypattern
11-27-2005, 07:50 PM
It is the Saints.

They work out there as well as play some games.