PDA

View Full Version : Cuero/Liberty Hill

Highschoolfan78
11-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Ok since Liberty Hill just took care of business its time for a poll and the subject to rocket off.

gobblergreen
11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Okay, game on, Cuero will take this in a close one:D

marlin fan
11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
OMG I CANNOT CHOOSE IN THIS GAME i have a so called "brother" playing for Cuero and alot of friends from LiberyHill!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Cuero by at least 14 :devil:

OnceABucJr
11-26-2005, 06:33 PM
GreenGobbla describes this game as the next "scrimmage"?

schu1213
11-26-2005, 06:37 PM
I hate to break it to everyone but this game will not live up to the hype. LH is over rated and that is all there is to it. They will not be able to stop the cuero passing attack and the cuero defense has been playing amazing in the playoffs. Greengobbla is right, this is a scrimmage.

pirate4state
11-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Any know yet...when, where, time?? Hope it's on a Saturday!! :thumbsup:

SintonFan
11-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Rumors at the LH-Devine game mentioned maybe at Blossom Athletic complex again. Maybe Farris stadium too.:)

Old Green
11-26-2005, 07:27 PM
On another website they said the game will be at Hays Consolidated in Buda Friday at 7:30pm

SintonFan
11-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
On another website they said the game will be at Hays Consolidated in Buda Friday at 7:30pm :doh: :doh:

SintonFan
11-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
I hate to break it to everyone but this game will not live up to the hype. LH is over rated and that is all there is to it. They will not be able to stop the cuero passing attack and the cuero defense has been playing amazing in the playoffs. Greengobbla is right, this is a scrimmage.
The only one who is hyping it are you and a couple of others. While I do think LH has an up-hill battle, no team, no matter their records should ever be taken lightly as some of you do. BTW, can you say exactly what LH's rating is? If you can't give me their rating(ranking et al), then how can you say the are over-rated?:thinking:
LH is not Llano, period, and are in the 4th round for a reason.:hand:

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Rumors at the LH-Devine game mentioned maybe at Blossom Athletic complex again. Maybe Farris stadium too.:)

Cuero probably would NOT play at same place LH played today...and I doubt LH would play at Farris ...who knows, well just wait and see...:thinking: guess it really doesn't matter to me...their both in San Antonio :D

Compete/punish
11-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Cuero vs LH Friday Night 7:30 at Hays in Buda

SintonFan
11-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Cuero probably would NOT play at same place LH played today...and I doubt LH would play at Farris ...who knows, well just wait and see...:thinking: guess it really doesn't matter to me...their both in San Antonio :D
SA is great for me.:D :clap:
Buda is bad! Real Bad!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2005, 08:24 PM
well guess have to depend on a webcast or updates here cant make it on a friday

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Compete/punish
Cuero vs LH Friday Night 7:30 at Hays in Buda

where did your info come from?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2005, 08:47 PM
where did your info come from?

That is correct. Bob Shelton Stadium, Hays CISD, Friday at 7:30. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That is correct. Bob Shelton Stadium, Hays CISD, Friday at 7:30. :)

dont get lost getting there its out in the middle of nowhere:)

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

We played Yoakum there a couple of years ago...you're right, it is.

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 08:51 PM
we played there before too, believe it was an afternoon game...

go shopping at the new Cabela's...:D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2005, 08:53 PM
go shopping at the new Cabela's...:D :D :D

Shhhhhhhhh! I'm hoping LHPD forgets. ;)

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Shhhhhhhhh! I'm hoping LHPD forgets. ;)

give him a couple of dollars and let him go...be like a kid in a candy store...:inlove:

Old Green
11-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Shhhhhhhhh! I'm hoping LHPD forgets. ;) Come on LHPM give him a few hundred so us guys can have some fun at Cabela's. He probably needs a new 7mm Mag like I do.:D

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 09:30 PM
this stadium in Buda has same capacity as Matador stadium in Segiun (9,000)...we had the home side filled...we will have to sit on both sides this week...:mad: couldn't they find a bigger stadium :thinking: ...

LH OffseasonVet
11-26-2005, 09:32 PM
I was at Cabela's today before the game, $580 for a fly rod, without the reel! As my dad said, "you could spend a $100,000 without even getting inside."

KingRob
11-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Cuero will pull this out, but it will be their toughest game since Halletsville.

Survey says:
Cuero - 42
Liberty Hill - 20

LET'S GO CUERO!!!!

KingRob
11-26-2005, 09:46 PM
I have read that LH is 10-2. Who were the two losses to, and why?

LH OffseasonVet
11-26-2005, 10:11 PM
LH lost to Burnet game 2 (34 - 63) , and Wimberley game 9 (9 - 23)

sweetwater07
11-26-2005, 10:17 PM
i would definately put my money on cuero...with the little i know about both teams i would imagine that cuero would take it in a very close one...something around a field goal or so

GreenGobbla
11-26-2005, 10:18 PM
i cant wait to make it to this scrimmage....and gobblerfan, u better bring the crow to this one....i might mess around and bring a daryl.....cuero wins this scrimmage big.....49-14

sweetwater07
11-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Come on LHPM give him a few hundred so us guys can have some fun at Cabela's. He probably needs a new 7mm Mag like I do.:D

my parents own a hunting ranch in west texas...bring that 7mm out and come hunt....since your a downlow member...your hunt will be discounted....lol...... www.dosplumasranch.com/

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2005, 10:21 PM
this stadium in Buda has same capacity as Matador stadium in Segiun (9,000)...we had the home side filled...we will have to sit on both sides this week...:mad: couldn't they find a bigger stadium :thinking: ...

Okie doke! It's a deal, but if you sit on our side, you have to root for us. :D

GreenGobbla
11-26-2005, 10:22 PM
The only one who is hyping it are you and a couple of others. While I do think LH has an up-hill battle, no team, no matter their records should ever be taken lightly as some of you do. BTW, can you say exactly what LH's rating is? If you can't give me their rating(ranking et al), then how can you say the are over-rated?:thinking:
LH is not Llano, period, and are in the 4th round for a reason.:hand:

they are in the 4th round becuz of who they have played.....oh wait...that great devine offense is amazing....give me a break...this scrimmage is going to be over before it even starts.....a "great" cuero team vs. an "over-rated" LH team...come on now...

briefcase
11-26-2005, 10:26 PM
LHIO! :doh: :doh: :doh:

briefcase
11-26-2005, 10:28 PM
LHIO!

Liberty Hill is overated!

OnceABucJr
11-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Abilene Wylie!

Old Green
11-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
my parents own a hunting ranch in west texas...bring that 7mm out and come hunt....since your a downlow member...your hunt will be discounted....lol...... www.dosplumasranch.com/ May take you up on it for a discount.

sweetwater07
11-26-2005, 10:43 PM
you view the site??

Old Green
11-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
you view the site?? Real nice accomadations. Didn't know there was wild Boar out west. They are huge.

rbwill
11-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
they are in the 4th round becuz of who they have played.....oh wait...that great devine offense is amazing....give me a break...this scrimmage is going to be over before it even starts.....a "great" cuero team vs. an "over-rated" LH team...come on now...

I hope the whole Cuero team has the attitude you guys have that this will be a scrimmage game for them.
LH has never been rated high this year.
Yes! LH has their work cut out for them this week, and if the Panther players want to win this one, they will not go down with out a fight. Cuero will have there hands full, just ask Wimberley.

It's all up to the players and how bad they want it. With a game like this, just throw out all the stats and numbers, because anything can happen in the playoffs.

LHMom
11-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Congrats to the Panthers on the win today! A couple of goal line stands that were AMAZING. And who would've believed the O going for it on 4th down from our own 13 yard line. And MADE IT! WOW. Losing Casey was a big blow for the offense. Our O-line struggled in the second half, but the Panthers fought hard to hang on.

Now on to next week. I have talked with several folks that have seen both LH and Cuero play within the last 2 weeks. Without exception, everyone has said that Cuero is beatable if LH plays our game. Both teams "want it" as they say, and both teams will give it their all. The LH players respect the Gobblers and will come out ready to play ball. I believe in you, Panthers!

Thunderstruck! The Cats are ALIVE in '05!

slyder
11-26-2005, 11:28 PM
if LH comes out and plays mistake free football and gives it their very best, then it will be a close game. our d is playing very well and has made very good offenses look bad. check that, i just saw highlights of LH on san antonio news. not very fast at all our speed is going to hurt yall. we will avenge yoakum and halletsville. 42-14 our d can stop pass and run

rbwill
11-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by slyder
if LH comes out and plays mistake free football and gives it their very best, then it will be a close game. our d is playing very well and has made very good offenses look bad. check that, i just saw highlights of LH on san antonio news. not very fast at all our speed is going to hurt yall. we will avenge yoakum and halletsville. 42-14 our d can stop pass and run

Well then! Lets just save everybody the gas, time and trouble, just call it a game, and give Cuero the win right now.
Hey will even save both schools money by not having to pay Hays CISD rent for the stadium.
Better yet let's just get the whole season over right here and now and award Cuero with the State DII title on this day 11/26/2005 at 11PM.

Are all the other teams in agreement with this?

And guess what nobody will have to hear cowbells and noismakers anymore this year.

44INAROW
11-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by rbwill
Well then! Lets just save everybody the gas, time and trouble, just call it a game,

heck no, I wanna see the game played.... all 48 minutes.......

GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2005, 12:11 AM
And guess what nobody will have to hear cowbells and noismakers anymore this year.
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

44INAROW
11-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
The LH players respect the Gobblers and will come out ready to play ball.

Believe me, the Panthers have the full attention of the Gobblers - it should be a great football game...

and by the way, I sat next to LHPM for the last 2 ball games and the cowbell nor the horn bothered me one bit.. :)

rbwill
11-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Believe me, the Panthers have the full attention of the Cuero Gobblers - it should be a great football game...

and Rwill.. you're gonna need thicker skin if you're gonna stay on the downlow this week..... sit back and enjoy and don't be so defensive :D

and by the way, I sat next to LHPM for the last 2 ball games and the cowbell nor the horn bothered me one bit.. :)

My whole family has had the cowbells ringing this season.
Ours was part of the whole chior in the stands today

Sorry! my daugter calls me a highschool football geek. I have been following High School football from back in the early 70s when I was old enough to sit in the stands with my folks.
Sometimes I take this stuff a little too serious.

I am just a little miffed that the Panthers had so much trouble with Devine today. It just makes next week look a lot tougher.

But I am just a fan and have no control over the players, short of cheering them on, letting them know we appreciate the entertainment.

RiverRat19
11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Cuero Gobblers, Cuero Gobblers, Cuero Gobblers.... I respect LH tremendously but the Mean Green are too much for anyone in Region IV.

44INAROW
11-27-2005, 01:30 AM
But I am just a fan and have no control over the players, short of cheering them on, letting them know we appreciate the entertainment.

We agree 100% and this will be a great game between 2 good teams :)

SintonFan
11-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Ok, did you see Devine-LH play(lol, no you didn't)? And just where is LH rated(answer for your friend then)? How can you say they are over-rated if they aren't even rated? :rolleyes:

schu1213
11-27-2005, 03:09 AM
I am talking about on this board. Everyone on here seems to think that they are so amazing but they simply are not that good. They are a bunch of average athletes who play hard. That is a great thing and i love those kind of teams but they are not match for a bunch of great athletes who want it just as bad.

CHS_CG
11-27-2005, 03:14 AM
i am goin with cuero in a close one. i have seen LH fight when they need to. they put up a very good battle but i think cuero can hold on to it.. (sorry LHPM and LHMOM)

GO MEAN GREEN

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 04:15 AM
i cant wait to make it to this scrimmage....and gobblerfan, u better bring the crow to this one....i might mess around and bring a daryl.....cuero wins this scrimmage big.....49-14

A daryl??? I'm shouldn't waste any more of my time on a person that doesn't use a real vocabulary! Do you want the crow plucked before you ingest it??? Ha, don't think you're worth that much effort now! Think Cuero pulls this one out, but IT WONT BE A "SCRIMMAGE," I sure hope none of our guys read all this nonsense ya'll keep dishing out!:rolleyes:

gobblergolf
11-27-2005, 04:38 AM
I don't in any way mean this to be disrespectful, but Cuero shouldn't have too much trouble. I understand that LH will be a good team bc the obviously have what it takes to make it this far, but Cuero is just playing too well. A one sided running team can't beat the Gobblers at this point. It is impossible to run around our speed and I wouldn't be real confident knowing that I have to run into a defensive line as good as the one that the Gobblers have this year. The Gobbler offense is def on track right now, despite the fact that they didn't really have to dominate much in the last game that was a complete defensive show by the Gobblers. The Gobblers have a well balanced offensive attack that will show up against LH. I look for this to be a good game but the final score will show what I predict to be 42-20 with Cuero on top. This is a highly anticipated game and I am looking forward to Friday night.

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by gobblergolf
I don't in any way mean this to be disrespectful, but Cuero shouldn't have too much trouble. I understand that LH will be a good team bc the obviously have what it takes to make it this far, but Cuero is just playing too well. A one sided running team can't beat the Gobblers at this point. It is impossible to run around our speed and I wouldn't be real confident knowing that I have to run into a defensive line as good as the one that the Gobblers have this year. The Gobbler offense is def on track right now, despite the fact that they didn't really have to dominate much in the last game that was a complete defensive show by the Gobblers. The Gobblers have a well balanced offensive attack that will show up against LH. I look for this to be a good game but the final score will show what I predict to be 42-20 with Cuero on top. This is a highly anticipated game and I am looking forward to Friday night.

All I ask from greengobbler is to post with respect! (Like the rest of your (our?) friends do! Like here for example. I hope this isn't too big a task for him though!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2005, 05:10 AM

good post, u state u feel ur team can win this game fairly easy and u explain why and how ur team is playing at this time and u call it a game showing some respect to the team ur hometown players are going up against. instead of the " what u pick lh to win u must need help", overated, scrimmage, practice game, but i know its not the majority of the fans that come on here its just a few that feel that they dont care what they post.

I think lh wins this game because there running game will take time of the clock and give the gobblers less chances to score on offense. but whoever wins i hope they break the streak of not winning the state title game for the past few years. So goodluck to both teams and may the winner go onto win the state title for Region 4.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2005, 08:06 AM
I am talking about on this board. Everyone on here seems to think that they are so amazing but they simply are not that good.
I don't recall anyone ever on this board saying we are amazing. :rolleyes:

They are a bunch of average athletes who play hard. That is a great thing and i love those kind of teams
This is probably the most (maybe only) accurate thing you have ever said about our team. That is exactly what I've said for years.

Cuero may wipe the field with us. I doubt it seriously, but since we've never played a down against Cuero, I don't know that it won't happen. What I do know for a fact is that, regardless of the score, our boys will give it everything they have and the Gobblers will know they have been in a dogfight before it's all over.

Pudlugger
11-27-2005, 10:11 AM

Yeah, it is out in a cow pasture with a road that is so bumpy it is warped. La Grange played there in 2000 on their way to win State. They played La Vernia winning a nail bitter 28-27 with Tye Gunn taking a knee on the last play from the Bears 1. The field is very hard and fast this time of year (grass). The sprinklers went on in the La Grange endzone at the half LOL. Good luck to both teams. It will be close but I give the edge to Cuero.

District303aPastPlayer
11-27-2005, 11:17 AM
i gotta go with Noack and the boys on this one. With Casey going out and walking "gingerly on his knee, like hardly any weight" (as told to me by a poster), i will say that LH has a hard time establishing thier running game. I also think they will :eek: :eek: pass some:eek: :eek: this week. Barring my bad getting to call another playoff game, i should be there with the Cuero faithful.

GO MEAN GREEN!

olddawggreen
11-27-2005, 11:23 AM
While Cuero is the team to beat, if they take the Panthers lightly, there will be some Gobblers missing some tial feathers. Say what you want, if Liberty Hill plays their game, the win is definatly up for grabs. Im definatly pulling for the District 27 team on this one. But good luck to both teams for an exciting, injury free game.
:)

slyder
11-27-2005, 11:38 AM
hopefully your running back will come back. my favorite thing to watch in football is the option. you guys have knocked our district out of the playoffs the last 3 years and beat a good halletsville team last year. we are beatable, but you will need speed something we won't see until the next couple of rounds. good luck to your running back.

olddawggreen
11-27-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't recall anyone ever on this board saying we are amazing. :rolleyes:

This is probably the most (maybe only) accurate thing you have ever said about our team. That is exactly what I've said for years.

Cuero may wipe the field with us. I doubt it seriously, but since we've never played a down against Cuero, I don't know that it won't happen. What I do know for a fact is that, regardless of the score, our boys will give it everything they have and the Gobblers will know they have been in a dogfight before it's all over.

Oh come on LH Panther Mom, just to stir things up, let me be the first to say the Panthers are Amazing. Amazing in the fact that yes, while they may appear to be a group of average players they have a lot of grit and dont know how to give up even when the chips are down, they may not be loaded with "Super Stars" such as we hear about every year on teams in other parts of Texas, but they consistantly rise to the occasion week after week to pull off the win. This group of boys are definatly capable of winning against the Gobblers. Of corse some of those "average" players have tended to rack up some above average stats along the way. ;)

Cuero is the team to beat, I have great respect for the team and the program. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. Go Panthers! :D :D

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
While Cuero is the team to beat, if they take the Panthers lightly, there will be some Gobblers missing some tial feathers. Say what you want, if Liberty Hill plays their game, the win is definatly up for grabs. Im definatly pulling for the District 27 team on this one. But good luck to both teams for an exciting, injury free game.
:)

I sure hope they don't take anyone lightly this postseason, but they are clicking on all cylinders, so we'll hafta see!

GreenGobbla
11-27-2005, 02:12 PM

well said mr. gobblergolf, but i hate to break it to you....this is going to be a scrimmage...and like a good friend of mine says its okay to be cocky.....if you lose, you lose, if you win, then you told them so....

schu1213
11-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I sure hope they don't take anyone lightly this postseason, but they are clicking on all cylinders, so we'll hafta see!

Hey guys i can promise you that those kids that are out there on the field are not taking anyone lightly. They are lead by a coach that will never EVER take anyone lightly no matter who it is. Even if they were to play the worst team ever in the histroy of football, Coach Reeve would make his team believe that they were a very solid team. They are very focused right now and dont worry, they dont think the same as me lol.

CHS_CG
11-27-2005, 02:24 PM
well said mr. gobblergolf, but i hate to break it to you....this is going to be a scrimmage...and like a good friend of mine says its okay to be cocky.....if you lose, you lose, if you win, then you told them so....

I hate to disagree but I dont know why any team would be this far in the play offs and take a team lightly.. thats the way Texas almost lost to A&M.. they over looked us and was worried about the Rose Bowl. I highly down those guys out there are over looking LH. Now the fans.. thats another story lol.... Good luck to both teams.. but sorry LHPM Ill be over on Cuero's side..

GO MEAN GREEN!

GreenGobbla
11-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I hate to disagree but I dont know why any team would be this far in the play offs and take a team lightly.. thats the way Texas almost lost to A&M.. they over looked us and was worried about the Rose Bowl. I highly down those guys out there are over looking LH. Now the fans.. thats another story lol.... Good luck to both teams.. but sorry LHPM Ill be over on Cuero's side..

GO MEAN GREEN!

alright...i admit, as much as i hate to say it....its not gonna be a scrimmage.....liberty hill has to at least be decent to have made it this far....

CHS_CG
11-27-2005, 02:31 PM
alright...i admit, as much as i hate to say it....its not gonna be a scrimmage.....liberty hill has to at least be decent to have made it this far....

see just needed a lil push to open ur eyes up huh lol :p

GreenGobbla
11-27-2005, 02:32 PM
i guess you can say that.....

LewP
11-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Cuero by 17

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2005, 02:34 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :p

NewYorkYankee
11-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Best of Luck to the Panthers...I know yall will fight hard every down and eat clock up..I doubt Cuero will be able to shutdown your Rb's so yall WILL score....However Cuero will light up your defense will with their passing attack...but this game will be decided by a FG IMO..Just keep running the clock out with the run.......Big ups to the Liberty Hill fans.......you know class and dont run your mouths like a bunch of big headed egotisical hooligans.....LH will do their trash talkin on the field...PEACE OUT E-TOWN DOWN!

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 02:35 PM
alright...i admit, as much as i hate to say it....its not gonna be a scrimmage.....liberty hill has to at least be decent to have made it this far.... I'll still bring the crow, but It'll be in the back of my truck because hopefully we won't need it this week!

LewP
11-27-2005, 02:36 PM
OK then, Cuero by 20

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
see just needed a lil push to open ur eyes up huh lol :p

Finally :clap: Cuero has speed from all there players, very impressive, if LH can run the football right at them then they have a chance, best way to try and beat a speedy team is run right at them. Pulling for LH, but if they cant run it could be over early. good luck to both teams.

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm picking Cuero but pulling for Liberty Hill.

LewP
11-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Finally :clap: Cuero has speed from all there players, very impressive, if LH can run the football right at them then they have a chance, best way to try and beat a speedy team is run right at them. Pulling for LH, but if they cant run it could be over early. good luck to both teams.

Yeah, it'll be over early.

OnceABucJr
11-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Abilene Wylie!

Gobbla2001
11-27-2005, 06:34 PM
What's Abilene Wylie gotta do with it? Did y'all have a chance to play them last year or this year, OnceABucJr?

Anyway, back to the game...

I'm gunna say it'll be a close one, Cuero on top...

Our defense is set up to cover these 'types' of offenses mixed with passing attacks...

As I have stated before, my worry is that our defense is too fast and over pursuing the 'would-be' runners can hurt in catching the guy who actually gets the ball...

But I have REALLY been impressed with Cuero's defense in the playoffs, they have really played their tails off... the best thing about it is that they have played 3 different styles of offenses the last 3 games...

First game they played a 'more' blanced attack and did very well, holding Sweeny to 12 points, and 6 of those points came on a GREAT defensive play by one of our DB's, ball just happened to bounce the wrong way (AKA: into Sweeny receiver's hands)...

Second game we played a wing-t/misdirectional styled offense in Llano, they attempted 3 passes, it was said that we'd have to score when we could because they'd run down the clock, but our defense held them to 0 first downs and 21 total yards in the first half, they really impressed me. I lost track of the football plenty of times in that game when Llano ran the ball, but the defensive players did not and held Llano to one score...

This past week we saw the spread, Ingleside ran the ball well, but you knew the pass was their key... I think that pressure from our front helped our DB's, but our DB's did a very good job... I actually thought that it was funny... Here you have the top two receivers on our team and they both drop BEAUTIFUL passes from our QB that could have been TD's, yet they both had TD INT's... wow, they catch 'em on D too... this game also was the hardest hitting I had seen them, and I do not believe the Ingleside o-line was too bad either...

Basically we've seen it all, so we can defend the run and we can defend the pass, the good thing is that we can do it in the same set, that's just how our D is set up... I really love this defense, they are awesome...

As for our offense, as schu stated once, they can score from anywhere on the field... they can score from their own 1 and up to the other team's 1... they can score by running it, or by passing it, from either 1 yard line's... I have seen that LH has given up some points, but we'll just have to see, they may be a pretty good D who ended up giving up big points to great offenses, we'll just have to see...

This should be a very exciting game, good luck to both teams, no injuries, and enjoy some great HS football...

purplenails
11-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I know you all remember the liberty hill/jasper game,if you dont let me touch on it a bit. jasper has SPEED,SIZE and DEPTH.jasper scored quick, 35 points in first half. 0 in the second half,with thier FIRST string o and d playing 4QUARTERS!I KNOW I KNOW,cuero is not jasper.I do believe that if Vance plays his best on both sides of the ball the intire game the panthers will win.We can not step right when we are suppose to step left. it all has to fall into place. (POSTED BY PURPLE ONE)

Gobbla2001
11-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by purplenails
I know you all remember the liberty hill/jasper game,if you dont let me touch on it a bit. jasper has SPEED,SIZE and DEPTH.jasper scored quick, 35 points in first half. 0 in the second half,with thier FIRST string o and d playing 4QUARTERS!I KNOW I KNOW,cuero is not jasper.I do believe that if Vance plays his best on both sides of the ball the intire game the panthers will win.We can not step right when we are suppose to step left. it all has to fall into place. (POSTED BY PURPLE ONE)

Did you say last year and Jasper? ha

Didn't y'all play Burnet close last year...

Regarding this week's game between '05 Liberty Hill and '05 Cuero, what can '05 Liberty Hill do and '05 Cuero do, what have they done to impress you, what have they done that worries you?

That's what we need to talk about in 'relation' to this week's game...

purplenails
11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
YES,YES AND the panthers have what it takes to pulloff the upset,against the 05 cuero team. (posted by purpleone.)

Gobbla2001
11-27-2005, 07:28 PM
YES,YES AND the panthers have what it takes to pulloff the upset,against the 05 cuero team. (posted by purpleone.)

there we go...

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
You're absolutely right, purpleone. The team does have what it takes and I certainly hope that it happens. I know I'll be hollering my lungs out and ringing the bells.

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Either team can win, depends on mistakes and execution! But hopefully the gobblers come out on top!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2005, 09:07 PM
It will come down to if LH can move the ball down the field and eating up some clock and score, from what i saw from Cuero it will be almost impossible to keep them under 40 in the playoffs. the only thing to keep them from scoring that much is giving them less chances with the ball or if they put in there reserves.

LH has ran there offense for some time now, so they should be very skilled in misdirection blocking and running and might just work against the Gobblers D. Gobblers do swarm to the ball quick.

maroogreen
11-27-2005, 11:17 PM
WOW! I'm gone for a day or two and there are already 85 posts! Not that I expected anything less when both schools are so well-represented on the boards.

Now to jump in the middle of all of this: Barring a game-ending injury for one of four or five key players, Cuero will get the W. The Gobblers are peaking at the right time, their offense is extremely well-balanced, and their defense has played incredibly well the past couple of weeks--forcing turnovers, making interceptions, stopping the run, etc. I'm also pleased to see that our PATs are now being made consistently.

I wish LH the best. I know they will come out and play their very best game against Cuero--everyone always brings their "A" game to play the Gobblers. A group of so-called average athletes that play together as a team is a dangerous thing and not one to be taken lightly. There are plenty of teams with "stellar athletes" who will spend the weekend wearing their letterman jackets in the stands while watching the teams still left in the playoffs.

My greatest wish is that the game remain injury-free and played with class.

Old Green
11-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen
WOW! I'm gone for a day or two and there are already 85 posts! Not that I expected anything less when both schools are so well-represented on the boards.

Now to jump in the middle of all of this: Barring a game-ending injury for one of four or five key players, Cuero will get the W. The Gobblers are peaking at the right time, their offense is extremely well-balanced, and their defense has played incredibly well the past couple of weeks--forcing turnovers, making interceptions, stopping the run, etc. I'm also pleased to see that our PATs are now being made consistently.

I wish LH the best. I know they will come out and play their very best game against Cuero--everyone always brings their "A" game to play the Gobblers. A group of so-called average athletes that play together as a team is a dangerous thing and not one to be taken lightly. There are plenty of teams with "stellar athletes" who will spend the weekend wearing their letterman jackets in the stands while watching the teams still left in the playoffs.

My greatest wish is that the game remain injury-free and played with class. Very good post. I agree.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Oh come on LH Panther Mom, just to stir things up, let me be the first to say the Panthers are Amazing. Amazing in the fact that yes, while they may appear to be a group of average players they have a lot of grit and dont know how to give up even when the chips are down, they may not be loaded with "Super Stars" such as we hear about every year on teams in other parts of Texas, but they consistantly rise to the occasion week after week to pull off the win. This group of boys are definatly capable of winning against the Gobblers. Of corse some of those "average" players have tended to rack up some above average stats along the way. ;)

Cuero is the team to beat, I have great respect for the team and the program. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. Go Panthers! :D :D
Of course, you're right. :) Lots of folks seem to not be able to understand that an amazing TEAM can be formed without "super studs". We're not winning the state track meet, but we've got plenty of kids with speed and power.

gobblergolf
11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Actually I believe that everyone understands that an amazing team can lack the superstar player. Anyone with some form of football knowledge knows that its the teams that don't rely solely on one superstar player that will prove to do better each year. A team can't win without the effort of each and every player, coach, fan, etc. You'd be surprised to know that as many superstar players that the Gobblers have, there is not one that alone makes the team run. The Gobblers have done extremely well the past few years with a bunch of extremely talented players that work hard together for one common goal. I'm sure the same holds true for Liberty Hill. Although I dont see this game as being particularly close, there is no lack of respect for LH and the athletes in that town. They must be doing something right to make it so far each year! I look for the Gobblers to win 42-20 but that is just my opinion. But dont worry, no one is overlooking your team!

gobbler grad
11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Actually I believe that everyone understands that an amazing team can lack the superstar player. Anyone with some form of football knowledge knows that its the teams that don't rely solely on one superstar player that will prove to do better each year. A team can't win without the effort of each and every player, coach, fan, etc. You'd be surprised to know that as many superstar players that the Gobblers have, there is not one that alone makes the team run. The Gobblers have done extremely well the past few years with a bunch of extremely talented players that work hard together for one common goal. I'm sure the same holds true for Liberty Hill. Although I dont see this game as being particularly close, there is no lack of respect for LH and the athletes in that town. They must be doing something right to make it so far each year! I look for the Gobblers to win 42-20 but that is just my opinion. But dont worry, no one is overlooking your team!

very well said...all these teams that are left have alot of talent and a great coaching staff or they wouldn't be here...there will be some good football played in the weeks to come...and nothing is gonna come easy for any of them...:thinking:

briefcase
11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
I can't believe you Liberty Hill people think you actually have a chance in this game. WAKE UP!

You have no chance at winning. Jasper makes too many mistakes to be comparing them to Cuero. Cuero wins big, but does not win state.

District303aPastPlayer
11-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by briefcase
I can't believe you Liberty Hill people think you actually have a chance in this game. WAKE UP!

You have no chance at winning. Jasper makes too many mistakes to be comparing them to Cuero. Cuero wins big, but does not win state.

geez, forgive them for being fans. Heaven FORBID they have faith in their team.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2005, 02:38 PM

My mother said if I can't say anything nice then to not say anything at all.....so for once, I am following momma's advice!

:mad: :mad:

AP Panther Fan
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My mother said if I can't say anything nice then to not say anything at all.....so for once, I am following momma's advice!

:mad: :mad:

Why start now? :D ;)

Ranger Mom
11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Why start now? :D ;)

Well......this darn "moderating" thing keeps me from saying what ran through my mind!!;)

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2005, 03:43 PM

Awww, are you still upset that we've knocked your team out the last two years? Don't worry....I know the feeling. I still haven't gotten over the ruin of my son's senior season three years ago.

gobbler grad
11-28-2005, 04:17 PM
:clap: doesn't the playoffs bring out the best (or worse) in a person...:thinking:

KingRob
11-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Okay eveyone, put the pom poms down, getting everybody fired up...:mad: :kiss: :rolleyes:

LET'S GO CUERO!!

UTSAstudent
11-28-2005, 06:48 PM
well i wanna say its gonna be a blow out and a lot of people seem to think LH is overrated i kinda think so myself...one cuero parent i talked to said that LH was alright and made no mistakes but werent as good as everyone says...so i pick cuero by 17...go gobblers go!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Of course, you're right. :) Lots of folks seem to not be able to understand that an amazing TEAM can be formed without "super studs". We're not winning the state track meet, but we've got plenty of kids with speed and power.
Can someone please remind me NOT TO POST the next time I wake up at 4:00 and can't go back to sleep. :doh: :doh: This came out nothing like my brain said it did. :hairpunk:

gobblerfan02
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Can someone please remind me NOT TO POST the next time I wake up at 4:00 and can't go back to sleep. :doh: :doh: This came out nothing like my brain said it did. :hairpunk: That's ok Deb, I tend to do that every now and then! Look forward to finally meeting you!

gobbler grad
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Can someone please remind me NOT TO POST the next time I wake up at 4:00 and can't go back to sleep. :doh: :doh: This came out nothing like my brain said it did. :hairpunk:

you must have had alot on your mind to be up that early posting...i was alittle worried that maybe you were...ugh...ugh...talking in your sleep...:crazy:...go back to bed next time...:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2005, 08:27 PM
go back to bed next time...:thinking:

I did when I woke up at 2 and again at 3:10. The third time, I tried, but no luck. :(

gobblerfan02
11-28-2005, 08:34 PM
I did when I woke up at 2 and again at 3:10. The third time, I tried, but no luck. :(

Dang Insomniac!

SintonFan
11-28-2005, 09:51 PM

WOW! That's a mouthful!
I don't think I've ever seen a post that should haved pi$$ed off two different teams at the same time?!?:confused:
Come on briefcase... say what you really want to say or maybe you should pack up that case and head out of town.:evillaugh :D

44INAROW
11-28-2005, 10:04 PM
WOW! That's a mouthful!
I don't think I've ever seen a post that should haved pi$$ed off two different teams at the same time?!?:confused:
Come on briefcase... say what you really want to say or maybe you should pack up that case and head out of town.:evillaugh :D

lol and he isn't even from Cuero

SintonFan
11-28-2005, 10:14 PM
they are in the 4th round becuz of who they have played.....oh wait...that great devine offense is amazing....give me a break...
GG, I've seen both Wimberley and Devine play and their offenses are very similiar. They may not scheme the same but are very close on their pass-run distribution and routes. IMHO, Devine did have a very good offense that most teams in the state couldn't handle. Remember that they returned EVERYBODY from last year on offense and defense. It showed against a LH team who put in a good effort defensively. I don't know if you saw the LH-Devine game but both teams were hitting pretty darn hard and showed why they both had earned the right to play into the 3rd round. IMO Bandera would have been a much better opponent for Cuero than Llano, but alas it didn't happen and couldn't have.
:(
It won't be easy for LH but they have as much of a chance of winning this week in football as does anyone else left in the playoffs.:cool:

Compete/punish
11-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Anyone know if the athlete from LH is ok? Read where he was injured.

LH OffseasonVet
11-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Says here: http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/11/27libertyhill.html that he is expected to be in this weeks game, but I don't have any other info. Take a sec and read it if you can great write up.

gobblerfan02
11-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Compete/punish
Anyone know if the athlete from LH is ok? Read where he was injured. Someone said earlier that he should be returning this week!

GreenGobbla
11-29-2005, 01:36 AM

dude...ur not too smart....just thought i would let you know....

Gobbla2001
11-29-2005, 08:06 AM
When is the last time Cuero fielded a star out of Westhoff???

crabman
11-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Derek Buchannan. 5,6, 7 years ago.

Sam Stubblefield will be a senior. He is from Westhoff.

hata_hurta06
11-29-2005, 09:33 AM
didnt da blue jayz hang around with LH...Gotta go with Cuero

Gobbla2001
11-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Derek Buchannan. 5,6, 7 years ago.

Sam Stubblefield will be a senior. He is from Westhoff.

AHA, Buck was 7 years ago...

sweetwater07
11-29-2005, 01:25 PM

who is your pick for the state champs then??...i would pick cuero over my mighty red mustangs for sure.....i know they are good and pick them to win state

Highschoolfan78
11-29-2005, 01:38 PM
wow 2 votes for westhoff

gobblergolf
11-29-2005, 07:46 PM
I gotta support my roomate here at college. Brandon Hilbrich is from Westhoff and was a hell of a football and baseball player. Probably the best all around athelete in my graduating class. His older brother Justin was on the state golf team for a couple years as well. There isn't much of anything to do out in Westhoff so what else do they have to do besided practice sports, hunt, and build fence.lol.

gobblerfan02
11-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
AHA, Buck was 7 years ago... Ya, it was 7 yrs ago when Cuero went to state and my cousin Buck got all state honors as a DE, went to Kansas and played college for 2 years until he got too many concussions!

briefcase
11-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I am a realist. All I have done is tell you the truth. Truth hurts sometimes, but it doesn't change the facts.

Truth is Cuero wins, but comes up short again on a state championship. If not, then I will admit I was wrong and you guys can serve me crow. We shall soon see.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2005, 11:04 AM
I am a realist. All I have done is tell you the truth. Truth hurts sometimes, but it doesn't change the facts.

Truth is Cuero wins, but comes up short again on a state championship. If not, then I will admit I was wrong and you guys can serve me crow. We shall soon see.
You might be right on both accounts, but to tell us that we HAVE NO CHANCE? Hell's bells, let's just call the game off. :rolleyes: :hand: :hand:

SintonFan
11-30-2005, 11:25 AM
You might be right on both accounts, but to tell us that we HAVE NO CHANCE? Hell's bells, let's just call the game off. :rolleyes: :hand: :hand:
Maybe he thinks that Cuero is playing Llano or something?;)

olddawggreen
11-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Just remember, anything can happen!:D :D

rbwill
11-30-2005, 12:22 PM

Hell's Bells? Thunderstruck!!! have you been listening to your AC/DC CD again?

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Hell's Bells? Thunderstruck!!! have you been listening to you AC/DC CD again?

Of course! :D

44INAROW
11-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Hell's Bells? Thunderstruck!!! have you been listening to your AC/DC CD again?

I put that in yesterday.. "Girls got Rythym" is my fav on that CD :D

rbwill
11-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Of course! :D

We listen to it all the way to SA before last weeks game.
I felt like i was in High School again:)

44INAROW
11-30-2005, 12:55 PM
We listen to it all the way to SA before last weeks game.
I felt like i was in High School again:)

we went to the game in SA last week too,,(beautiful drive on that day) my youngest son was going out of town, so he had my vehicle so we used that opportunity to "borrow" the oldest son's brand new truck.. and we had fun going through his CD collection.. We listened to Guns and Roses for a while, then Randy Rogers, then Black Crows. then RObert Earl, back to AC/DC lol......... such a variety of music :)

Bullaholic
11-30-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't have a lot of info on either team, other than a little insight into their "personalities". Based on that, I feel like that if Liberty Hill keeps it within 7 going into the 4th quarter, they have the best shot to win in a close game. On the other hand, if Cuero and their quick strike offense is ahead by 14 or more going into the 4th---I think the Gobblers win.

Gobbler Fan
11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Cuero has the capability to come from behind thats been proven several times this year with none better than the game against Wharton . But I really dont see this as a factor if LH's defense cant stop Cuero's offense . LH's best defense against Cuero is their offense , if they can sustain long time consuming drives then trhy have a chance if they can not the game will be over rather quickly .

Anyone from LH confirm that #12 has tore his acl and they will play a freshman in his spot ? It doesnt matter anyway Cuero will prepare for LH as if they were 100%. I hope the kid is ready to play and it's just a rumor .

:devil:

footballgal
11-30-2005, 04:27 PM
I hate to pick one :( (44inrow, Gobbla2001 & LH Panther Mom, Both of them) but I will have to cheer for the underdog, Go Panthers! :clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Anyone from LH confirm that #12 has tore his acl and they will play a freshman in his spot ?

Don't believe everything you read on a message board. ;)

CenTexSports
11-30-2005, 04:38 PM
I am predicting a butt kicking. There is no way that they can hang with that high scoring offense. This will go down in 3a history as a royal butt kicking of historic proportions.

But I don't have a clue who is going to win, it is too close to call.

Bullaholic
11-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I am predicting a butt kicking. There is no way that they can hang with that high scoring offense. This will go down in 3a history as a royal butt kicking of historic proportions.

I've got to admire your resolve, Centex, but remember the bigger the "Crow" before the game---the bigger the "Crow" after.

CenTex---you old "baiter"---I just saw the last line of your post---lol. Very good.

Highschoolfan78
11-30-2005, 04:41 PM
From which highpowered offense? Who will do the buttkicking? Not a very well thought out post there Centex

pirate4state
11-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
From which highpowered offense? Who will do the buttkicking? Not a very well thought out post there Centex I thought it was pretty funny. :nerd: :D Then again, I'm quirky that way. ;)

44INAROW
11-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

CenTex---you old "baiter"---I just saw the last line of your post---lol. Very good.

:D :D Centex has his butt covered either way :) :)

CenTexSports
11-30-2005, 05:58 PM
In truth, this is the game I would like to see above all the others. I think the Yoe/Hutto game will be a knock down drag out affair but I have wanted to see LH play all year. I might be wrong but it should be an outstanding game.

Gobbla2001
11-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Cuero has the capability to come from behind thats been proven several times this year with none better than the game against Wharton . .

the last drive in the game against Wharton reminded me of last year's team, if there was time left on the clock and they were down, you could bet your money Cuero was going to score, they did whatever it took...

In the game against Wharton, they were having a lot of problems that night offensively... #1 the play calling was not conservative, but scripted it seemed... the coaches had a game-plan and wanted the kids to run it.... during that last drive they ran everything to perfection, there was nothing keeping them out of the endzone...

Against Hallettsville this year, Cuero was short 4 starters on offense and 4 starters on defense... they didn't have to have a dramatic come from behind or anything, but they did not panic, they kept punching and punching until it all worked out...

In the first round against Sweeny, one of our DB's played great defense and deflected a long accurate pass but the Sweeny player hung around, scooped it up and trotted into the endzone to give Sweeny a 6-0 lead... The kids didn't panic, the offense went out and scored and the defense came out firing... the offense fumbled early in the second half and the D went out fired up and got the ball back...

There is no quit, panic or lack of effort in this team, they have really impressed me for a team that only brought back 1-3 starters....

LHMom
11-30-2005, 09:29 PM

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1.

GO PANTHERS!

LewP
11-30-2005, 10:00 PM
It's a football game, not a Sunday School lesson.

Cuero 35, LH 20

SintonFan
11-30-2005, 10:45 PM
This team is not Llano. Not close, not even close to Llano. LH is a smooth 8 cylinder while Llano was running whatever Yugos used to have under that thing they called a hood.:eek:

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Anyone from LH confirm that #12 has tore his acl and they will play a freshman in his spot ? It doesnt matter anyway Cuero will prepare for LH as if they were 100%. I hope the kid is ready to play and it's just a rumor .

Yes, his ACL is torn. The rest..... :hand: bulletin board material.

Compete/punish
12-01-2005, 12:01 AM
Dang thats horrible. Hate to hear that, he was a great player, I'm sure he will be sorely missed.

Highschoolfan78
12-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Haha man i must apologize to Centex for my comment earlier, because i just now read that last line of his comment about the highpowered offense. Boy am i slow. If my brain could have ran the 40 these past few days it'd be a 6.8

UTSAstudent
12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I gotta support my roomate here at college. Brandon Hilbrich is from Westhoff and was a hell of a football and baseball player. Probably the best all around athelete in my graduating class. His older brother Justin was on the state golf team for a couple years as well. There isn't much of anything to do out in Westhoff so what else do they have to do besided practice sports, hunt, and build fence.lol.
Thats real boi...us westhoff guys are some ballas...peace

UTSAstudent
12-01-2005, 03:24 PM
well i cant wait till tomorrow...it is going to be a fun game...the drive over is going to be great and then the whoopen cuero is gonna put on LH will be even better....i think LH will put up a few points just not enough to counter cuero...good luck gobblers!