PDA

View Full Version : BC/Hutto updates

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 03:12 PM
0-0 first. Sun has come out!!!

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:13 PM
neither one of them moving the ball...trading off punts...

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Grad..You can help me with these updates if you can..

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 03:16 PM
BC driving..

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:16 PM
BC is threating at the 15 yrd. line.......nice pass and a good run

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:21 PM
BC hits 29 yrd fieldgoal to take early 3-0 lead...

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:27 PM
1st and goal for the Hippos from the 5yd. line

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 03:27 PM
TD Hippos

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Hutto 6-3 over BC, Misses extra point.

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:30 PM
pat attempt fails...Hutto leads 6-3 in 2nd qtr.

sun coming out ...should be a good game

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
BC qb hit hard on that series( believe it's Stringer)...Hutto takes over on 41 yd line

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:37 PM
TD ...Hippos...13-3

Port_town_texas
11-26-2005, 03:44 PM
this game is done.

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:54 PM
under a 1:00 left...Hutto has 2 down from 6 yd line

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 03:56 PM
TD Hippos

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 03:57 PM
20-3 and should be about half time...

GS#17
11-26-2005, 04:05 PM
BC sounds like they're in a lot of trouble... Halftime may be their best friend, though.

BC -- 1-4-0 passing for 62 yards; negative 1 yard rushing

Hutto -- 4-5-0 passing for 63 yards; 117 rushing

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Sounds like O-line is not blocking...sure getting pressure on QB...:thinking: having to rush things

j_dog
11-26-2005, 04:28 PM
I lost the feed. Is anyone else having problems?

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 04:33 PM
It goes in and out at times, not bad though. More injuries for BC.

marlin fan
11-26-2005, 04:34 PM
half over yet?

GS#17
11-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Yes, the 3rd qtr. just started.

j_dog
11-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
It goes in and out at times, not bad though. More injuries for BC.
I guess it is something with my computer. I am still getting nothing.

footsball
11-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
I guess it is something with my computer. I am still getting nothing. yeah i tried to listen to the wos game last night and had the same results as today with loosing the feed. :confused:

tigerettedad
11-26-2005, 04:54 PM
what radio station are they on?

GS#17
11-26-2005, 05:00 PM
KOGT, 1600 AM

I don't know if you'll be able to pick them up in Silsbee, but I was able to listen to their WOS-Giddings replay this morning in Beaumont and heard them pretty well.

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Hutto takes over on downs.

tigerettedad
11-26-2005, 05:04 PM
SOUNDS LIKE THIS ONE IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GS#17
11-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Pretty much... About 9:00 left in the game, I believe, and the Cards haven't been able to do much on offense. Defensively, they're playing better in the second half, but it's too little too late, I'm afraid.

GS#17
11-26-2005, 05:08 PM
BC scores to close the gap:

Currently, Hippos lead 20-10

gobbler grad
Hutto 20-10 with 8:42 left in 4th

wos fan1
BC scores. 20-10 Hutto..4th Quarter

tigerettedad
11-26-2005, 05:20 PM
COMMON WHERE IS ALL THE DETAILS,WHATS UP?????????????????????

CenTexSports
11-26-2005, 05:21 PM
27 - 10 with very little time left

3afan
11-26-2005, 05:23 PM
good for the hippos!

wos fan1
11-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Hutto will face either Yoe/Kirbyville next week in the Quarterfinals. Kirbyville/Yoe play tonight in Conroe.

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 05:26 PM
27-10 final...HUTTO HIPPOS

WOS1
11-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Is the kids for Cameron that is hurt their QB?

3afan
11-26-2005, 05:28 PM
wow ... the BC excuses should be interesting and entertaining!

congrats hippos

CenTexSports
11-26-2005, 05:29 PM
He is an all state wide receiver, punter, kick off man, and he played QB last week because the starting QB has a bum shoulder.

GS#17
11-26-2005, 05:31 PM
KOGT game stats:

BC passing 4-12-1 for 90 yards; 75 yards rushing
9 first downs
6 penalties for 35 yards

Hutto passing 4-7-1 for 63 yards; 194 yards rushing
15 first downs
3 penalties for 20 yards

GS#17
11-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

congrats hippos

I imagine a few of them are going to be fairly gracious in defeat; however, if one of them is to make an excuse, you know who it will be and what he'll say.

Best of luck to Hutto on their quest for a state championship, and congratulations to BC on a great season! :)

j_dog
11-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Congratulations Hippos! You guys came to play football today! :)

j_dog
11-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
... however, if one of them is to make an excuse, you know who it will be and what he'll say.
....... :)
No, I DON'T know what he will say. :nerd: He has an inventiveness unmatched on this board, so who knows what he might say! .... :D

But, just to be safe, hide the women and children. :D

gobbler grad
11-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Hutto is my Cinderella team, since their win over Rice and Marlin...these guys are for real...Cameron/Kirbyville, you will have your work cut out for you...i'm looking for the upset and the Hippos to win Reg. 3

BC_X_1970
11-26-2005, 06:28 PM

congrats hippos

BC was outmatched today 27-10. There will be no excuses from me. I was at the game. Hutto has a big offensive line and their defense is big and has good speed. Their QB and offensive backfield has good speed also. I know there will be some they say "What if" the QB Dishon was there playing, we'll never know. It still would have been a hard task in my opinion. The last TD Hutto scored, they drove the ball all the way down the field, running 8-10 yard plays at a time. I believe the big guys just finally wore out the BC defense. They are big and just keep coming at you. BC had their moments, but just not enough to get the job done today.

The Hippos come running onto the field wearing burnt orange and look like UT out there. They have a better team today and I wish them good luck next week.:)

Thanks for a great ride BC in 2005!! :D

BoneyFinger
11-26-2005, 06:39 PM
I just returned from the game. Hutto just outplayed BC. They had more speed and did not make as many mistakes. No excuses here, the best team won!

ej2525
11-26-2005, 06:58 PM
I was at the game as well... the offense could not move the ball in the first half which put them in a bad spot with a good team from Hutto. Good luck to Hutto in the future week & good season BC!!!

X Man
11-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Obviously Hutto had the best team today. But I have to argue that I think Dishon's presense would have made a difference in who won. It did not help that the BC back up QB was hurt, and they had to use the 3rd string QB most of the game. With all that said, injuries are part of the game, and Hutto moves on to the next round.

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Congrats to the Hippos! What a great win for the team. :clap: :clap:

ILS1
11-26-2005, 09:23 PM
What a great victory for the Hippos!!! The defense just played lights out!!! The offense moved the ball consistently against the vaunted BC defense. BC's lone TD came due to an interception returned to the Hutto 15. They scored 5 plays later. Hutto's O-line just wore down their defense at the end. BC is a classy team. They had nothing but love,hugs and congrats for the Hippos after the game. I know alot of smack has been talked on here all week but it was all in fun. Congrats to the Cardinals on a great season!!! Great job Hippos!! Looks like a rematch of Week 10!! Hutto vs. Cameron!! I'm hearing the game will be @ RRISD Stadium or Waco ISD. Not sure what day or time yet? I hope it's at night because I have to work during the day even on Saturday. What to go D19-3A!!! Way to represent Region III!!!

:D

JasperDog94
11-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by X Man
But I have to argue that I think Dishon's presense would have made a difference in who won. I would have to agree with this assessment. Dishon ran that offense. Super fast and pretty accurate when throwing. Without him I don't think BC would have beaten Jasper. They wooped us pretty bad and it was Dishon that made that team run.

But, like was stated earlier, injuries are part of the game. Congrats Hippos and great season BC.

ps. What was Dishon's injury?

ILS1
11-26-2005, 09:43 PM
KMIL.com reported the game will be next Saturday @ RRISD Stadium. They did not give a time yet!!! PLEASE!!!!! Be at night ,so I can make it!!! Go Hippos!!!!

3ABirdMan
11-26-2005, 09:55 PM

congrats hippos

FIRST and foremost - :clap: CONGRATS, HUTTO :clap: on a well coached, well played game! You stayed focused and never let up. A great win for the Hippo's!

Now, for the excuses! :rolleyes: Dishon's prescence WOULD have made a great difference in this game. Our "O" didn't move the ball at all, all day, consistently. Our passing game was non-existent, which makes it easy to stop the run when that's all you have to worry about! Our lack of "O" left the "D" on the field too long, and, as was predicted, we wore down and wore out.

Our team came out flat in the beginning, had a couple of good stops, but when the Hippo's started moving the ball, we let down on "D". To start the 2nd half, we were back up on "D", and if I remember correctly, Hutto had negative yardage on their only 2 possesions in the 3rd qtr.

Most of the pre-game predictions were true::eek:
- BC would not have shut down the Hippo offense totally - BC defense did slow them down, but with no offensive production, it was too little too late.
- Hutto's BIG linemen would be a deciding factor - TRUE - they wore us down in the long run.
- BC's loss of Dishon at QB was HUGE! Our whole offensive playbook must have been scrapped for a new one with about 3 plays, all which were designed between the tackles, in an area of the game WE WERE NOT WINNING! IN that aspect, we were out-coached!
- Hutto would be physical - And they were. They were very well coached at using their size and speed, they hit hard, and tackled well.

I mean no disrespect to either the Cardinals or the Hippo's in any of the above post. HAD WE BEEN HEALTHY, we may still not have won, although I believe the whole complexion of the game would have changed, in BC's favor. Hutto played a great TEAM game, with few individual stand-outs.

I have nothing but admiration:kiss: for the Hutto football team and program, and wish you well all the way to the final!:inlove:

(Did I whine enough?):thinking:

ILS1
11-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Well put 3ABirdman. But you hit the nail right on the head with this statement!!!

Hutto played a great TEAM game, with few individual stand-outs.

So true!!! They play as team!!!

BC_X_1970
11-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

ps. What was Dishon's injury?

A fractured vertebra in the neck.:(

BIFF
11-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Yes dishon was missed
as in another person to be hit
i mean yeah if dishon was there the score might have been 27-17
maybe even 27-20

and if breshears was healthy for hutto the score could have been better for hutto like 60-10
but all in all injuries do hurt the teams that rely on one person
hence giddings loss to wos
but its been great see yall next year

Crimestick
11-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Didn't Giddings rely on their QB all year? Didn't he play the entire game? Just curious.

BIFF
11-27-2005, 12:40 AM
yes and giddings has an excellent team
receivers backs defense
but coaches son hike and run
the rest of the team say eh if we lose we get to shine in basket ball
and all the coach says in paper statements is
"I just knew if i gave him the ball my boy would score"
but hey theyer div 1 what do i care we beat em and were moving on

Crimestick
11-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Oh, you said something about injuries affecting a one-player team. I didn't think there were any significant injuries in the WO-S/Giddings game.

ILS1
11-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Didn't Giddings rely on their QB all year? Didn't he play the entire game? Just curious.

Yes,they did rely on the QB all year. My guess is because he's the coach's son. When they played against Hutto,I thought he tried to hog the ball. He tried too hard to be the hero. They had a great FB and RB but he wouldn't pitch it!!! Couldn't understand it!! Not sure about last night,I didn't go to that game.

Crimestick
11-27-2005, 12:46 AM
He ran his share, as did big #15. Their downfall was on defense. They only stopped WO-S once and intercepted a Hail Mary at the end of the first half.

shankbear
11-27-2005, 12:57 AM
BIFF, you are a joke. Giddings could have had a dozen more like they had and still been beaten by WO-S. The QB and 15 on Giddings ARE that team where it counts. If anybody can really doubt that losing one key player can make a big difference is simply fooling themselves. WO-S without Beasley would not hit on all cylinders. Giddings without the QB and/or 15 would drop off. Hutto without # 30, # 3 and their QB would be there for the beating.

BIFF
11-27-2005, 01:11 AM
haha
im the joke
you talk about losing one player
and you mention 3 of huttos
proves my point

GS#17
11-27-2005, 01:29 AM
I read it to mean #30 is your entire offense. Without #30, the other two would not be able to carry the team. That's just the way I read it -- I could be wrong.

Bull's-eye
11-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I went to this game and Hutto was definately the better team. Hutto was a much bigger team and had a little more speed at the skilled positions. BC looked liked they really missed their QB and couldn't really mange any kind of passing game. Hutto's size finally wore down the smaller BC team.

Hutto has the size to dominate most teams in the trenches. I've seen them play the last 2 weeks and wonder why they don't use TE #84 but only on a few plays. I would also do more power running with #30. Hutto's #52 is a stud at MLB and played a great game. I did questioned Hutto's play calling, especially in the 4th quarter. With a little more than 9 mins and leading 20-3, Hutto decided to put the ball in the air. They were backed up deep in their own territory and just really needed to run some clock. BC intercepted the ball, which led to a quick TD making the score 20-10.

hutex04
11-27-2005, 12:01 PM
i agree bulls-eye, Hutto did not come out too well on offense the 2nd half. They kinda got away from what was working. But you got to credit Bridge City D, they came out the 2nd half and really wanted to get the ball back. Hutto answering Bridge Citys touchdown, moving the ball some 80 yards i believe was really great to end on. Its always good to know that your team can answer back with a touchdown when the other team gets momentum. As you see in the Marlin game when they were down 14-22 on Marlin. The team kept with the gameplan and wore Marlin down. Even the Cameron game. It was a tight game, Hutto leading 13-10 till about 4min left. They got the ball back and marched down to the Cameron 20 before they ran out of time. They kept there composure even tho they lost. Thats what makes champions

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2005, 02:05 PM
where is Old Card :(

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
where is Old Card :(

I'm sure he's busy. It might be a little hard to type while using both hands to remove feet and feathers from your mouth. ;)

Bull's-eye
11-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Yes hutex04, that 80 yard drive and those late drives vs Marlin are what I call championship type drives.

Have they used #84 more during the season?

Good luck to the Hippos!!

Dubya
11-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Yes,they did rely on the QB all year. My guess is because he's the coach's son. When they played against Hutto,I thought he tried to hog the ball. He tried too hard to be the hero. They had a great FB and RB but he wouldn't pitch it!!! Couldn't understand it!! Not sure about last night,I didn't go to that game.

You need to understand option football a little before you post comments like this on the internet. Giddings runs a lot of midline option. There is a pitch man, but the option is whether to give to the dive back or the qb keep through the "B" or "C" gap. The qb reads the "3" technique, or the DT lined up outside shade of the guard. If the "3" tech takes dive, the qb keeps. If the "3" tech does not take dive, the qb gives. Usually the pitch man is to keep the defense honest to cover the pitch. The play is not meant to be pitched to the pitch man.

Of course, this is one play in the option.

As for relying on the QB, who happens to be the coach's son, I would too. It's irrelevant that he happens to be the coach's son. He's a great option qb. He's a great athlete. In football, you want to get the ball into the hands of your best athletes. He is definitely one of the best athletes on the team. He's also a good decision maker.

This is to enlighten you on why the qb may have "hogged" the ball. He was probably taking what the defense was giving him.

ILS1
11-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes,I understand option football. I just saw him in that one game and I'm calling it like I see it!! Why else would he have over 20 carries a game and close to 1,800 yards rushing for the season? While the FB & RB's have about 5-10 carries per game. In the Hutto game,he had plenty of chances to pitch it because they were keying off of him. He opted to keep it most of the time. You don't think Crawford or the FB (can't remember his name) are great athletes. I also thought Crawford would do more damage if they just gave him or pitched the ball to him more. Like I said I'm basing this off of one game and that's the way it appeared to me.

Paratrooper
11-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Congrats to Hutto. Bridge City had a great season, but like everyone has said injuries are just apart of the game. Dishon will be back next year so his little reign of terror isn't over yet. He is only a junior. It is obvious that in these last and final games you need a few things going your way to be the Champs. Being injury free is a large part of whether a team wins the crown. All teams at the end of this thing are great ball clubs. Congradulations to the Hutto Hippo's on a fine win.

Astrosdawg07
11-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Congrats to Hutto. Bridge City had a great season, but like everyone has said injuries are just apart of the game. Dishon will be back next year so his little reign of terror isn't over yet. He is only a junior. It is obvious that in these last and final games you need a few things going your way to be the Champs. Being injury free is a large part of whether a team wins the crown. All teams at the end of this thing are great ball clubs. Congradulations to the Hutto Hippo's on a fine win.

Well put.

X Man
11-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Well said Panther Mom!

Old Fart is too busy to type a keyboard right now. hahahaha

3ABirdMan
11-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I went to this game and Hutto was definately the better team. Hutto was a much bigger team and had a little more speed at the skilled positions. BC looked liked they really missed their QB and couldn't really mange any kind of passing game. Hutto's size finally wore down the smaller BC team.

Hutto has the size to dominate most teams in the trenches. I've seen them play the last 2 weeks and wonder why they don't use TE #84 but only on a few plays. I would also do more power running with #30. Hutto's #52 is a stud at MLB and played a great game. I did questioned Hutto's play calling, especially in the 4th quarter. With a little more than 9 mins and leading 20-3, Hutto decided to put the ball in the air. They were backed up deep in their own territory and just really needed to run some clock. BC intercepted the ball, which led to a quick TD making the score 20-10.

Very good points. My question is why we didn't come up with a game plan to take advantage of BC's smaller size and over-all team speed? We had 2 defenders on 3 receivers in the spread most of the day, yet never threw the quick screen to Armand out of the slot like we had all year. #80, at 6'5" with great hands and speed to burn, had a defender on him that looked to be 5'10" most of the day, but we never threw the quick slant to him. These should have been very easy, confidence-building passes for back-up qb's, yet we never went to them.

I am NOT a football coach, but if I can see this in the first quater from the stands, where are our offensive coaches? Did we alter our game plan THAT MUCH? The obvious answer is "YES - we have a back-up QB, and we MUST alter out game plan".

That is what cost BC the game in my opinion, and why I beleive Hutto will play this week. No disrepect to the Hippo's intended - You have a good team, but BC did not plan or play our game to use the advantages we had like we had all year long - We instead played to your advantage of big lineman, which we ALL knew was your advantage going in!

44INAROW
11-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm sure he's busy. It might be a little hard to type while using both hands to remove feet and feathers from your mouth. ;)

:D this one deserves a trip back to the top :)

3afan
11-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
..... why we didn't come up with a game plan to take advantage of BC's smaller size and over-all team speed? .....

maybe they did but were just not good enuf to execute it? or, maybe not ....