PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Canton Eagles

Bullaholic
11-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Congrats to the Canton Eagles for a great victory over Emory Rains. Next week will be "the irresistible force meets the immovable object" with the Canton "O" going against the Tatum "D". Really happy for the folks in Canton, their kids, and their coaches, especially Gary Kinne. Theirs is truly becomming the "Cinderella" season, and many people are pulling for them. Its even more gratifying to see Canton becoming more of a "football" town and their fans growing more and more supportive and passionate for their Eagles. As I have posted before---this playoff "magic" took the town of Bridgeport by storm in 93' and we haven't let the "electricity" of that season die---we have built upon it, and so will Canton. Best of Luck next week against Tatum. This should be interesting on the identity front---both teams are the Eagles and I think both colors are green and white.

TOPS1435
11-26-2005, 11:48 PM
You are right about the colors and the mascots. Not only are both teams Eagles in green and white, but both have tall, lean flags in green and white which they run up and down the sidelines with when they score.

Tatum is not as potent on offense this year since Stephen Hodge graduated last year, but has a stingier defense.

When behind the 8-ball this year, Canton seems to score just enough to win, whether 27-20 against Lindale or 61-58 against Gilmer. Should be one of the great games of the season.

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
You are right about the colors and the mascots. Not only are both teams Eagles in green and white, but both have tall, lean flags in green and white which they run up and down the sidelines with when they score.

Couldn't ya'll just imagine all the confusion if both Canton and Cuero made it to the title game, both green and white, and both supporting the same "C" on their helmets.

THAT WOULD GIVE ME A HEADACHE!

But both teams need to prepare for the Regional Finals first, good luck to the Canton Eagles against Tatum. Should be an exciting game!

FootballChik98
11-27-2005, 05:03 AM
That would probably be confusing, but I am definitely more than willing to accept that headache! :D

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by FootballChik98
That would probably be confusing, but I am definitely more than willing to accept that headache! :D

I saw Canton on HSscoreboard, they look like a talented group of young men....hope they fair well this week!

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2005, 05:08 AM
this game is a revenge game for Canton..most of these players were on the team two years ago that got dominated by Tatum 56-0 in the second round