PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park View of Epic Battle

GreenMonster
11-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Wow, what a game. Where do I start??? First off, hats off to the Mustangs and the Big Red Machine that follows them. #3 and #15 were the difference makers in this ball game tonight as both showed up and played fantastic all night long. My Hawks had the Mustangs right where we wanted them down 2 TD's in the 4th quarter. Problem is we didn't have an answer for #15 and #3. A big play on a pass from 15 to 3 turned the momentum in this game around and it was all Mustangs from then on out. Iowa Park played a great game and did everything in their power to hold on for a victory but in the end it just wasn't meant to be. The big guys up front pushed the Sweetwater defense around all night long and played great. The Hawk defense did a great job as well. Good Luck Mustangs, we hope you go win a title so we can say that the Hawks gave you all that you wanted and then some.

injuredinmelee
11-26-2005, 12:53 AM
One heck of a ball game. I thought that IP did a super job against the Sweetwater speed. The two false starts were the killers. That and Calling timeout with 51 seconds left. I couldnt believe he gave Sweetwater sometime to talk it over I wouldnt have done it that way but hey thats why I am sitting in the bleachers.

Congrats Mustangs. You represented your school and district very well.

for Coach Jackson, FEED #3 the BALL!!! He should be touching it 25 times a game.

Iowa Park's #16: I would love to have about 11 of you on my team!!!

its_n_ D_water
11-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Iowa Park great game...man yall had some big boys..well yall gave sweetwater more than I expected ...That #16 was hard to tackle and #40 man could find the hole......#79 was plenty good..Hats off to yall.....

VWG
11-26-2005, 11:12 AM
I couldn't believe after getting updates that Sweetwater came back in this one.
Tough game to lose for the Hawks. Many seniors on that team, as they had like 10 offensive and 8 defensive starters as seniors.
(I know some kids went both ways)

One question.... how long is Kent Jackson going to stay a HC at the 3A level?

injuredinmelee
11-26-2005, 11:26 AM
One question.... how long is Kent Jackson going to stay a HC at the 3A level?

It seems like he was in the top 5 or ten list they released for one of the 3-5A jobs in Midland or Odessa. He is a good one and I can imagine that he has offers every offseason. I think he could do great things at a higher level. I do however think he will stick around one more year for the rest of the speedster RB's high school careers. I would want to.

Stang_Fan713
11-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Well, I must give credit when credit is due - and IP definitely gave us a good run for the money. They are a better team than what others were giving them credit for. I thought they would make us work at it, but I had NO clue that it would be that close. We had heard that #79 was big, but no #79 was huge, the others were just big - haha. Congrats to IP, the boys should hold their heads high - they played their hearts out last night.

VWG
11-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
It seems like he was in the top 5 or ten list they released for one of the 3-5A jobs in Midland or Odessa. He is a good one and I can imagine that he has offers every offseason. I think he could do great things at a higher level. I do however think he will stick around one more year for the rest of the speedster RB's high school careers. I would want to.

Or... he could stay in Sweetwater for as long as he likes.
It's tough to say, because you know he could probably bag an extra $15 to $20k a year somewhere else.
There are TONS of new 4A and 5A schools that will be opening up in the D/FW area. Frisco will have 4 to 6 high schools by 2010. Denton will have a 4th high school in about two more years.
Mansfield, Saginaw-Eagle Mountain, Northwest ISD, they will all be building schools.